[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Was the last two seasons really as bad as people say?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 6
File: Dexters-Laboratory.jpg (46 KB, 445x316) Image search: [Google]
Dexters-Laboratory.jpg
46 KB, 445x316
Was the last two seasons really as bad as people say?
>>
>>78400938
No no no.
That's grammatically incorrect. It's 'Were the last two seasons really as bad as people say?'
>>
They really were. The animation got cheap, Dexter's voice changed, and the humor went out the window to basic gags. Not worth it.
>>
I recently gave season 3 a rewatch

It looks like they used background art team that was also working on Samurai Jack from that point onward
>>
>>78400979
Really the whole was/were grammar correction?
I'm referring to the last two seasons as a single unit.
The first two seasons were part of the original run, the second two seasons were the second run.
It's arguably an excusable usage, and if not so an excusable mistake in grouping when phrasing it in my head prior to posting.

More importantly did you delete your original post in this thread soley to call me out on this?
Dick.
>>
File: tumblr_nn19i1uYvn1sql0xpo1_500.jpg (69 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nn19i1uYvn1sql0xpo1_500.jpg
69 KB, 500x281
Where they a welcome addition?
>>
>>78401042
>I'm referring to the last two seasons as a single unit.
Which is grammatically incorrect in the case of the OP.
>More importantly did you delete your original post in this thread soley to call me out on this?
Nope. That was a different poster.

It was a joke. The idea was to subvert expectations because you (and most other readers) would expect something like 'No, they were worse.' or 'No, they were the best' behind the spoiler, when in actuality it was an irrelevant point. That's the joke. Ha ha ha.
>>
>>78401073
Absolutely in my eyes.
These parents episodes have been my favorite so far rewatching the last two seasons.

It's more hit and miss than the first two seasons, but it can still have hits, and the misses are usually just slightly mundane plots that just trail off to nowhere.
>>
>>78401083
>Which is grammatically incorrect in the case of the OP.
Probably.
I could argue it's validity with implied subgrouping such as the case with the word fishes.
But to be honest it was a mistake in phrasing the perceived grouping in my head that caused me to arrive at that usage.
>It was a joke. The idea was to subvert expectations
Unfortunately my expectation was to get corrected for my grammatical usage as soon as I reread my post while hitting the post button.

But to get back on topic, what are your thoughts on the last two seasons anon?
>>
>>78401073
I'm mostly meh, about them. I thought it was cool that Mandark's parents were total hippies but they were please underutilized. Also, Oceanbird was hot.
>>
File: hdn.png (97 KB, 240x299) Image search: [Google]
hdn.png
97 KB, 240x299
>>78400938
They definitely weren't season 2 but I can't really bring myself to hate them
>>
>>78400986
If the series premiered originally with that same kind of animation I don't think anyone would have minded.
The start of season 3 is worse than the end of season 2 in animation quality yes, but it's also stylized differently, so it's not an apples to apples comparison, and some of it is up to preference and nostalgia.

They sorta find a footing with their newer animation as it goes on, just as the original first season started with rougher and looser animation and it got sharper and cleaner as it went on into season two.

The voice changes are slightly jarring, but really not that huge in the scheme of things to me.
I'm not going to boycott watching the new Samurai Jack because Aku's VA is dead.
>>
>>78400938
Watch and form your own opinion
>>
>>78401374
I did when I was 13.
And am again right now.
I've just heard a lot of negativity elsewhere on the internet and was curious to hear what /co/ thought.

I'm not asking you to feed me your opinion so I can assimilate it as my own, I'm asking you to discuss yours thoughts on a subject.
Kind of the entire reason /co/ exists.
>>
File: A_Third_Dad_Cartoon.jpg (100 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
A_Third_Dad_Cartoon.jpg
100 KB, 400x300
where's the joke

WHERE'S THE FUCKING JOKE
>>
>>78401073
If only for the one ep when Dexter and Mandark's dad were fighting each other.
>Nature boy!
>Cubicle worker!
>GRANOLA EATER
>VOTER
I don't know why but that little exchanged cracked me up, pretty good comedic timing.
>>
They were terrible.
>>
>>78401073
They dumped his sister,
>>
File: dexter-n-gang.jpg (87 KB, 592x847) Image search: [Google]
dexter-n-gang.jpg
87 KB, 592x847
>>78400938
What the fuck happened to the artstyle?
>>
Both seasons 3 and 4 had episodes that stand up to the originals. Few and between, but still.

And even at their worst they weren't shit tier, just mediocre.
>>
File: image.jpg (304 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
304 KB, 1000x1000
>>78401073
According to my dick yes. At least Oceanbird was.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.