[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How powerful is Empty hand? He only appeared in last chapter
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 2
File: Empty_Hand.jpg (1 MB, 1703x2498) Image search: [Google]
Empty_Hand.jpg
1 MB, 1703x2498
How powerful is Empty hand?
He only appeared in last chapter of Multiversity and didn't show any feat.
But, He seems to be metafictional embodiment of bad reader.And, Miracle machine didn't affect him.
So, How powerful is Empty hand in Morrison's intention and set?
>>
Powerful enough to cancel good books and leave atrocities in their place.
>>
Someone should pull an Earth-3 on the Gentry.
>>
>>78400290
>He only appeared in last chapter of Multiversity and didn't show any feat.
He destroyed a multiverse
>>
>>78400290

I need to read this if I can find it. I think Empty Hand is a cool name and he's got a cool concept.
>>
Is he stronger than Cosmic Armor Superman?
>>
>>78400290
Morrison hack confirmed
>he copies Elder God Demonbane by making Superman Thoughts Robot.
>he copies Nabeshin by making Empty Hand
>>
>>78400614
Indeed (Elder God) Demonbane created in 2003 is older than Cosmic Armor Superman created in 2008.
But, Morrison doesn't copy Demonbane to make Cosmic Armor.
>>
Is here Morrison thread?
>>
>>78400801
sure
>>
>>78400290
>he seems to be metafictional embodiment of bad reader

Literally what
>>
>>78400830
If Ultraa is metafictional metaphor of reader, Isn't Empty hand so?
>>
>>78400290
So, he represents dc fans?
>>
Is Morrison's tier like that?

tier0:Primal monitor aka white page and metaphor of unlimited imagination.

tier1:Story of Superman which is beyond only fictional and writer themselves and affect mind of people in real world

Tier2:Writer who is omnipotent in his work.

Tier3:Fictional omnipotent God who is omnipotent in set , but only fictional at all and can be easily affected by writer.
>>
>>78400898
Yes, because we Marvel fans are all rainbows and puppies XD
>>
>>78400898
I think he is Metaphor of reader who don't pay money and download comics in Internet.So he is Empty hand whose hand to read comics is empty.
Nix Uotan gave him a money. So his hand is not empty anymore at least in that time.
>>
>>78400918
Except they gave Nix Uotan money to pay his rent.
>>
Why does Morrison put Superman so high?
I think,He has emphasised again and again that his concept and idea is beyond DC itself.
>>
Where is Presence in Morrison DC universe?
>>
>>78400937
Because it's the idea of a Superman that drives a lot of people, the idea that you can be far beyond your expectations, that anything can be done and that no matter what happens, there is always hope to make it work.

Superman is so high because he incarnates several ideas which are basic for mankind, he goes beyond myths and religion, it's practically an instinct, an intrinsic quality of being human.

Every man wants to be a Super man.
>>
File: 23(UNL).jpg (914 KB, 2500x1958) Image search: [Google]
23(UNL).jpg
914 KB, 2500x1958
>>78400974
The presence is in Heaven, the same ranking as new gods, the Endless and other pantheons.
>>
>>78400937
It's not necessarily Superman himself, but the core concept of Superman. Someone better than everyone else who will always be there to save the day.
>>
>>78401003
Presence is not omnipotent GOD in DC anymore?
>>
>>78400995
>>78401003
The concept and idea of Superman is beyond DC and even comics?
impressive.
>>
>>78401225

Jesús, Ra, Moses; human mythology is full of sun gods and figures who act to lead humanity into a better state of being.
>>
>>78400937
Superman is THE superhero, the one that started it all. He totally embodies the idea of power being used for good. More than literally any other comics character he has become a universally understood concept. He's up there with fucking Jesus in terms of how well-known and widespread his message is. He's the poster child for the idea of modern pop culture mythology.
>>
>>78400290
>Miracle Machine didn't affect him
When did this happen?

Anyway, I sorta thought the Gentry were representing bad critics and their ilk, so I guess the Empty Hand would represent whatever's behind them. Maybe the opposite of imagination?
>>
>>78400579

Good question...
>>
>>78402152
>Cancer: The post
>>
>>78400579
He couldn't destroy Superman, but he could win a fight. Like how upset readers can cause some change (like bullying Bunn off Aquaman), but they can't destroy a full concept like "hero defeats the villain."
>>
>>78401273
But anon, Superman is halting human progress.
>>
>Power rankings
Cmon, man. This isn't a shounen anime.

What you should really be concerned with is how fucking shaky the metaphor behind the character is. That shit is wack.
>>
>>78401273

Don't forget Prometheus. Grant Morrison even wrote a short for the Prometheus Eternal collection that was released this month.
>>
>>78402733
>how fucking shaky the metaphor behind the character is. That shit is wack.

How so?
>>
>>78402696
lex pls go
>>
>>78400290
Resurrected True Darkseid.
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.