[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone else kinda liked the new F4 movie? Sure it might not have
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 6
File: f4-characters-poster-us.jpg (1 MB, 1350x2000) Image search: [Google]
f4-characters-poster-us.jpg
1 MB, 1350x2000
Anyone else kinda liked the new F4 movie? Sure it might not have felt like a "real" Fantastic 4 movie or much of a superhero movie in general but watching the movie it was just good and interesting most of the time and only thing I hated were some cringey comedy moments like the ending scene. It was weird how they dumped 90% of the action in the end stretch but then again every recent superhero movie does that and I don't mind because the action was pretty good.

So yeah, trailers made it look like shit to me but I actually liked it when I watched it. Reed didn't look like shit for most of the movie like he did in the poster except for when he grew that shitty stubble either. Overall pretty good for edgier take on F4.
>>
>>78396875
>or much of a superhero movie
The F4 films should never ever focus on them Super Hero-ing as such they are the most generic imaginable, they work best as scientist and explorers.
>So yeah, trailers made it look like shit
Haven't seen It yet but the Teaser was phenomenal and exactly what I was looking for.
>>
>>78396875
>Anyone else kinda liked the new F4 movie?
>Anyone else kinda liked the new F4 movie
>Anyone else kinda liked the new F4 movi
>Anyone else kinda liked the new F4 mov
>Anyone else kinda liked the new F4 mo
>Anyone else kinda liked the new F4 m
>Anyone else kinda liked the new F4
>Anyone else kinda liked the new F
>Anyone else kinda liked the new
>Anyone else kinda liked the ne
>Anyone else kinda liked the n
>Anyone else kinda liked the
>Anyone else kinda liked th
>Anyone else kinda liked t
>Anyone else kinda liked
>Anyone else kinda like
>Anyone else kinda lik
>Anyone else kinda li
>Anyone else kinda l
>Anyone else kinda
>Anyone else kind
>Anyone else kin
>Anyone else ki
>Anyone else k
>Anyone else
>Anyone els
>Anyone el
>Anyone e
>Anyone
>Anyon
>Anyo
>Any
>An
>A
>>
Sue being adopted and originally being from Kosovo of all places was weird, but overall I didn't mind how the Storms turned out overall and big daddy Storm made the movie much better than it probably would have been without him. Wish they gave Johnny more stuff to do as the one guy who wasn't miserable after he got his powers.
>>
>>78396984
what?
>>
>>78396984
really, what?
>>
>>78397171
>>78397273
WHAT
H
A
T
>>
>>78397273

It reduces to 8% of the original
>>
>>78396875
It took 90% of the movie for anything to happen, literally nothing happens for almost 90 minutes.

Do you enjoy anime filler as well?
>>
File: when she sees your lil doom.png (364 KB, 408x483) Image search: [Google]
when she sees your lil doom.png
364 KB, 408x483
>>78396875
The movie was good right up until Reed's escape.

Everything after that was mediocre to bad in my opinion, especially the final fight.

Favorite scene was when they were showing off Reed's outstretched body. The music and slow pan over the limbs really went for that body horror type of feel they were talking about before the release.
>>
>>78397340
Well sometimes. I hate this notion that all filler is bad. There really is a good and bad type of filler.
>>
I loved the look of the characters and the somewhat realistic world it built.
And I admired the attempt to build character in the first 30 minutes.
BUT
The overall feel of the F4 was off. It wasn't Fantastic Four.
And there was so much stupidity in the movie.
>Homer teacher being a crank
>High school kids at a school science fair for all ages
>their project is a fucking teleported that no one cares about
>except for the Storms who happen to be there because movie
>Ben character is thin as hell
>Johnny and Sue barely get along and barely have any scenes
>Victor is lame af
>Planet Zero, it only took them 45 minutes to see you
>time jump of 1 year to accelerate plot to feeling more hollow
>clear threat, Doom, finally shows up after 70 minutes
>characters team up in a contrived way to win
>Johnny is a random dick to Ben
>"Say that again"

Shit, when Doom showed up I was back to being slightly interested since nothing happened before that. And these was after months of seeing nothing but awful pics of him.
>>
>>78397491
"Filler" does not exist in movies. If you're ever INTENTIONALLY trying to eat up time in a film, then you should probably be considering a shorter-form medium instead.
>>
File: EvilMonkey.jpg (98 KB, 1024x717) Image search: [Google]
EvilMonkey.jpg
98 KB, 1024x717
>>78397491
I KNEW IT!
>>
>>78397360
Trank spotted
>>
>>78397621
I wouldn't even say this F4 even had filler, just a lot build-up for the first half.
>>
File: fant4stic ben.jpg (125 KB, 1362x574) Image search: [Google]
fant4stic ben.jpg
125 KB, 1362x574
It's pretty meh, but I can't bring myself to dislike it. It did have a few actually good bits mixed into it. I particularly really like how they did Ben's transformation, How he just comes back trapped as this living mass of rock that has to slowly crack and break himself over weeks just to get back into a vaguely human form. It seemed way more traumatic than the first movie. The scene of them first getting back after the teleporter goes wrong is one of the more chilling scenes I can remember seeing recently.
>>
As someone who kinda dislikes the general tone of the movie and some other stuff like the lack of Annihilus, it didn't deserve to be so critically murdered 10% on rotten tomatoes.
>>
>>78397638
Career evaporated.
>>
>>78397753
>lack of Annihilus
Yeah that was weird for me too. Why have Negative Zone or whatever they called it in the movie but no Annihilus?
>>
>>78397962
Probably budget cutting.
>>
File: Merry christmas motha fucka.jpg (154 KB, 311x813) Image search: [Google]
Merry christmas motha fucka.jpg
154 KB, 311x813
>>78396984
>>
>>78397684
that's generally what the first half is for.
>>
File: BXxhT0OC80w.market_maxres.jpg (133 KB, 1000x562) Image search: [Google]
BXxhT0OC80w.market_maxres.jpg
133 KB, 1000x562
>>78396875
Dunno about movie, but I really liked this
>>
>>78397962
Because Doom. Gotta shoehorn him in if it's even slightly FF-related, fuck other villains. And cram him into their origin story too.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.