[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Fables
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (271 KB, 661x1024) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
271 KB, 661x1024
This is some good shit. Opinions?
>>
Sucks that it only ran for 75 issues, I feel like we could've been shown more of this world, but it was a good ending.
>>
no
they trashed the noir detective big bad wolf to be a generic trashcan
shouldve ended after first arc ended
>>
Stopped reading at 50
>>
>>78396327
Read all the issues. Boy Blue is best boy
>>
It's boring right from the start. Not to mention all of the obvious allegories/metaphors used throughout the run.
>>
>>78397053
Nah, it started out good. Should have just stayed a procedural.
>>
Inb4 "Lemme tell ya about Israel"
>>
>>78397177
Wait, it doesn't stay procedural? I've only read the first Deluxe book, volume 1 of Fairest and played the Telltale game. Enjoying what I've consumed so far but kinda disappointed it doesn't stay Bigby-centric
>>
>>78396327
It's amazing, but they didn't know what to do with it once the main arc ended.

I still want more; we never got a satisfactory ending.
>>
>>78396327
>israel good
>france bad cause they didnt support irak invasion
>>
Red was the greatest troll that ever lived. She got to completely fuck everybody's lives up for years and never had to pay for it once.
>>
Was good till after the adversary is defeated and the empire fell but the Mr Dark storyline and on just felt mehhhhh the current Red Vs White is a jump the rails kinda moment. I think when Jack of Fables spin off started was the start of the end of the series
>>
It's really good but with time it starts dragging.
The whole ending arc is sort of an asspull but managed to be somewhat nice, probably just becausem I grew attached to the characters
>>
I loved it. Although I only read up to the part where most people say to read to then stop.

Also Cinderella is the best girl.
>>
File: WillinghamIsStupid.jpg (1 MB, 1920x2951) Image search: [Google]
WillinghamIsStupid.jpg
1 MB, 1920x2951
Never forget.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (935 KB, 2992x1529) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
935 KB, 2992x1529
Loved the 1-75 arc but stayed only till 100. James Jean covers really pushed me to continue on and was hyped for the Great Fables Crossover but 76-100 was severely lackluster.

How were the last 50 issues, /co/? Been meaning to check them out since I couldn't help but getting #150 when I saw the Buckingham cover but I haven't read it yet.
>>
>>78400439
the ironic part is that many people could just as easily read fable town as a stand in for Palestine, with the empire representing a western backed israel.

honestly the way you interpret it is entirely dependent on your own political views so willingham spelling it out like that just feels quite tone deaf and hamfisted. like someone pointed out that he was being subtle so he decided to jazz right on the page and write fuck you in a bold act of self sabotage.
>>
>>78396327
it was good until Mr Dark showed up, really don't get what the point with him was, after that the comic went down heavily in quality outside of a couple good spots
>>
>>78400507
The arcs are all right and entertaining but lack luster. The good prince and War and pieces were the high points of the series. Fable's Season of Mist so to speak.
>>
>>78400894
this is not ironic at all. Everybody interpreting art based on his/her specific live experiences is normal.

You people are just too used to parrot others and interviews, that you think there is one valid interpretation.
>>
>>78400439
>Grit and iron

More like funded by US tax money.
>>
>>78400216
I enjoyed some of the Jack of Fables stories though. They were fun
>>
I liked Issues 1-80 or so, and the Cubs in Toyland arc. The ending pissed me off so bad I quit buying the trades of the issues I did like, and it put me off ever wanting to read anything by Bill Willingham again. With that said, when Fables gets good, it gets REALLY good. The arc with Boy Blue in the homelands fucking up Geppetto's shit is GOAT.
>>
Remember when Snow flipped her shit because the doctor politely informed her that they can abort her bestiality rapebabies?
>>
>>78400507
Don't bother. The ending is the stupidest shit in existence.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.