[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Gwenpool
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 5
File: gwenpool.jpg (842 KB, 800x1235) Image search: [Google]
gwenpool.jpg
842 KB, 800x1235
Well, looks like she's getting her own series. And I'm going to have to get it, since it's being drawn by Gurihiru.
>>
>>78394834
Before anyone asks, this is not a fusion between Gwen Stacy and Deadpool.

The story is about a woman from our Earth named Gwen Poole, who finds herself in the Marvel universe. Of course, as we all know, being a civilian in the Marvel universe is like having a target on your head every day. So she decides to become a superhero, her goal to become as popular as possible so she doesn't die and be forgotten like most D-listers.

If Hastings goes full Ultra Comics with this concept, I will be interested.
>>
this could be interesting
>>
>>78394972
Art is cute. If I doesn't go waypool this could be good.
>>
>>78394972
a non-evil Superboy prime
>>
>>78394834
Unfamiliar with Gurihiru did they do that cover? I really enjoy it.
>>
>>78395017
It's the guy who made Dr. McNinja. It won't go full Waypool.

>>78395042
Pretty much, yeah.
>>
>>78395067
Yes.
>>
File: tumblr_njqs65RoHK1tcg2pqo5_500.jpg (126 KB, 469x709) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_njqs65RoHK1tcg2pqo5_500.jpg
126 KB, 469x709
>>78395067
Gurihiru were supposed to do Squirrel girl until they got Monsterfacemcbutts to draw it instead
>>
>>78395115

the jews win yet again
>>
File: wack002_cov.jpg (195 KB, 602x915) Image search: [Google]
wack002_cov.jpg
195 KB, 602x915
>>78395067
>>
File: 1407679930033.png (290 KB, 479x270) Image search: [Google]
1407679930033.png
290 KB, 479x270
>>78395141
whaddya mean im jew and i just posted that cover. I lost when they didnt use my favorite team and instead used McjawLargeButts for it
>>
>>78394834
Why doesn't she wear pants?
>>
>>78395202
costume designer
>>
>>78394972

>She deliberately gives herself the two hot button gimmicks just to stay away from being canon fodder

This is some hypercrisis shit
>>
>>78395202
She likes showing off her butt and she thinks it assures she wont become a D lister.
>>
>>78395115
I don't get it. Don't girls and casuals like cutesy art? Why go from that to shitty webcomic, who were they trying to win over?
>>
>>78395242
Gurihiru is very expensive.

Webcomic fartbutts girl works almost for free as long as she gets bragging rights.
>>
>>78395242
Tumblr.
>>
>>78395115
I'm kinda happy Gurihru didnt do squirrel girl. Then I'd feel obligated to read the atrocious story for it's art instead of just pretending the whole thing doesn't exist.
>>
>>78395270
so, was butts girl right? She did say that comic fans were just mad at her art because they couldnt masturbate to her giant hot butt drawings.
>>
>>78394972
She's not "Gwen Stacy" but let's not pretend like she isn't somewhat a hybrid of the two characters.

She was created for a variant cover during a Gwen Stacy Variant Month for a Deadpool book. Literally both elements of those characters go into her design - she looks like Gwen but with pink hair highlights and her costume is obviously based off Deadpool's.

In that sense she is a chimera created to appeal to both camps, but I would call her a closer shill for Deadpool than Gwen because his movie is coming out and Marvel isn't as asspained about Fox having him as they are about them having X-Men.
>>
File: comic2-2221.png (59 KB, 735x500) Image search: [Google]
comic2-2221.png
59 KB, 735x500
>>78395270
>Implying Ryan North is a bad writer

I will admit he works better with webcomics, though.
>>
>>78395314
Again, her whole shtick is she's trying to be popular. If Hastings continues to show that, then that gives it some justification.
>>
>>78395314
I see her as less of a Deadpool shill and more of a shill to the Harley crowd, especially if they go full meta-jokes with her.
>>
>>78395270
Good writing can save bad art. Good art cannot save bad writing.
>>
>>78395348
Yeah I'm not saying she IS Gwen or that she IS Deadpool, but elements of those two characters have been clearly mixed into her creation on purpose for a variant cover that for some reason got popular enough for Marvel to decide to give it an ongoing so they can pander and shill to both camps at once.

and it will sell more than Vision. guaranteed.
>>
>>78395384
>elements of both characters

Here's the obvious shared bits
Breasts
Deadpool inspired costume

Rest is just you forcing it onto them. She lacks any of deadpool's darkness (which really makes the character compelling) or any of Gwen's nerdy highschooler schtick. She's just some sociopath in a deadpool costume.
>>
>>78395384
it got popular because lootbox sent out the variant to a bunch of people and cosplayers started trying to do the costume.
>>
>>78395298
Butts is lucky anyone could look at the art for more than 5 seconds. I do not know how anyone, even deviantart level artists, could think that those faces looked visually appealing in any way.
>>
>>78395365
I don't think you can say that. The best writer can't fix an artist who draws so incomprehensibly that it renders the plot impossible to follow. But on the other hand, a book like Starfire is at least nice to look at even though the writing is fairly awful.
>>
>>78395473
she got an award for the best booty in comics you know!
>>
>>78395384
Vision was doomed to fail. It's a horror comic hiding behind a SoL situation, but very very very few people cared to check out what they had been led to believe by the marketing was just a generic SoL about an unpopular avenger and the 50's family he built for himself.

genre bait and switch only works when the bait is something there is a sizable audience for.
>>
>>78395464
Does she heal?
>>
>>78395589
No.
>>
>>78395589
No powers, she's just working entirely off comic logic that people stop to gloat against costumes and that people in costumes tend not to die nearly as much as normal people.

It's jsut taking breaking the 4th wall to the next step in that she's from the other side and knows all the tropes, and everyone's secret identities, and most secret base locations, and contacts to purchase hero stuff. In her first appearance she stole something from one gang then sold it to hydra because she assumed avengers would deal with hydra.
>>
>>78394972
Jesus. It's even worse than I though.
>>
>>78395701
>I'm anon and I hate lighthearted fun things

I'm sorry to hear that.
>>
>>78395701
That's way better than what anyone would think from "Gwenpool" (being just another Gwen shoehorned alt hero).
>>
>>78395697
It's a shame that what they used to draw people in (Gwen gimmick) is the very thing that kept me from caring about this. It sounds like the kind of thing I'd love.

Though I know better than to buy Marvel floppies anyway so I guess I'll wait for the trade.
>>
>>78395789
>(being just another Gwen shoehorned alt hero).

That's what it is.
>>
>>78395080
Yeah. Hasting is plenty familiar with Deadpool. He wrote two good miniseries with him iirc and I heard good things about them.
Which I can confirm with how he wrote Deadpool in Longshot Saves the Marvel Universe (which is really good by the way).

Honestly, Gwenpool wasn't a series I was interested in following. But I really like Hasting and I found Gurihiru's art adorable so I'm probably gonna pick up that.
>>
>>78395878
Ok, you can go continue to suck your cocks now.
>>
>>78395974
But you have them all in your mouth. Why won't you share any?
>>
>>78396031
>muh lower-class cock economy
Cry more.
>>
>>78396031
we don't support cockunism here, red-scum. We're a cockitalist society, boy. I worked hard for these cocks.
>>
>>78395314
She will also cheat on her Superhero BF with an Osborn
>>
>>78394834
I hate everything about this. I usually just ignore the things I don't like but this is such an amazingly terrible thing that I want to hate it into non-existence.
>>
>>78396923
>I hate everything about this
>"I hate the fact that GuriHuri finally got to draw some cute girls for marvel"

I get it, Gwenpool is stupid. But even this piece of shit has something good in it, and it's the art.
>>
>>78396951
Okay. The art is good. For now, artists do get shuffled around in comics.

In the end though, well presented poop still tastes like shit. Gonna need some absolutly brilliant writing to blance the character and concept.
>>
So, who wants to start the death pool on Gwenpool?

I give it three company-wide events from now.
>>
>>78395115
>Gurihiru were supposed to do Squirrel girl
I love that this meme persists. Kinda surprised Rich Johnston hasn't made an article about it on BC like every other thing an anon pulled out of his ass on /co/.
>>
>>78395242
Ryan North requested Erica Henderson for Squirrel Girl. That's why Henderson is the artist for the book.

Chris Hastings requested Gurihiru for Gwenpool. That's why Gurihiru is the artist for the book.
>>
>>78395202
Big Boots = No Pants
>>
>>78395115
Guruhiru actually charge a proper rate though, unlike the pennies they pay EH. It wouldn't be financially viable to have them on Squirrel Girl with its current sales.
>>
Will Gurihiru draw nudes of her?
>>
I really like Gurihiru's art. Never read anything by Hastings (to my knowledge), does it have actual potential?
>>
>>78397398
On the series or the character? I give the series a minimum of 12 issues but most likely a lot more. I'm predicting it to be mediocre which is probably going to guarantee it lasting for quite a while. The character will never be killed off or at least until the SJW fad is long dead.
>>
>>78398326
Hastings is legit good. Everything he writes is pure fun.
>>
>>78394972
Kind of an interesting idea and with MCNinjas writer on it along with top shelf art, this seems promissing.
>>
>>78398217
But SG sells like shit because they've explicitly tried to make it into a book that appeals to tumblr- ugly, vaguely brown characters with annoying quirks. If she was cute and the diversity was realistic and the characters weren't based on the type of people you'd find in a highschool anime club then it would have better sales because it would actually be readable
>>
>>78395298
Yes, a great deal of Squirrel Girl's appeal is that girls with squirrel tails- like other animal girls- are cute. Thanks for noting that a niche character has a specific type of audience. An audience which Marvel decided to alienate, possibly in an attempt to ensure they wouldn't have to do anymore SG stuff.
>>
>>78394972

I know /co/ complains about this concept, but I like it. It's intriguingly meta.
>>
>>78398623
She wouldn't get a new number one under the same team if they weren't trying to make it work.
>>
>>78396923
Ha. Seconded.
>>
>>78398623
>An audience which Marvel decided to alienate, possibly in an attempt to ensure they wouldn't have to do anymore SG stuff.

It really kind of staggers me to think that adults write this.
>>
I can't seem to find Howard the Duck #3 anywhere
Can anyone storyline the Gwen bit or point to where to find it?
>>
>>78400287
You can't find it because it's not out yet. Comes out Jan 6.
Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.