[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
there was something very "off" about this movie. the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 5
File: maxresdefault (2).jpg (262 KB, 1407x843) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (2).jpg
262 KB, 1407x843
there was something very "off" about this movie. the weird character/creature design, dino agriculture, cult pterodactyls.. what were they thinking?
>>
File: dino-a-to-z[1].jpg (52 KB, 515x263) Image search: [Google]
dino-a-to-z[1].jpg
52 KB, 515x263
>>78393266
i don't get it either, dude
i mean yeah, executives are idiots
and yeah most animated movies since the late 90s, including the last of the 2d era, had really warped weird designs,
but if there's one predictable cash cow for the last thirty goddamn years if not significantly longer, it's realistic badass-looking dinosaurs. you can make them talk, you can make them fight for control of Urth, but you don't make them weird round little amorphous critters. NOBODY is a fan of Dino from the flintstones. Nobody likes barney. Denver the Last Dinosaur has no lasting appeal beyond kitsch. Kids want fucking badass dinosaurs with claws and teeth that tear each other apart. Even Strong Bad said it: dinosaurs are an excuse to hide violence inside science education
Now do they have to be GRITTY? no way. the designs in "Dinosaur" were okay (or even Dinosaurs for that matter, more or less. Aside from Earl, the baby, and grandma).
Check this shit out, this is for babby childrens, but it's not TOO bad. Not bad enough to instantly turn you off.
>>
>>78393266
a metaphor of things and stuff.
>>
File: 08[3].jpg (34 KB, 400x245) Image search: [Google]
08[3].jpg
34 KB, 400x245
>>78393402
Even DORAEMON takes the time to make its dinosaurs cool looking. and this is a cartoon with a fucking round-red-nosed earless snowman cat.
>>
File: maxresdefault[7].jpg (48 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault[7].jpg
48 KB, 1280x720
>>78393466
and while toriyama stylizes his dinosaurs to the max, they never look like goofy comedic walking manatees
The era of Gertie the Dinosaur was over a LONG time ago, and aint NOBODY wants to watch a movie about dinosaurs that look like walking jokes. Defeats the entire purpose
>>
>>78393410
yeah i get it, the apatosaurs were farmers and the t. rexes were ranchers. it easily could've been a story about humans with spot as a wolf cub or some shit

>>78393402
>>78393466
yeah they even showed realistic dinosaurs in the beginning when the asteroid hit earth. i understand making anthropomorphic characters seem more human/relatable but this shit just didn't work. it should've been apparent to them that dinos harvesting corn looks goofy. this whole movie should've been scrapped
>>
This thread is cancer
>>
>>78393266
>realistic environment
>ugly, knobbly-kneed dinosaurs without a single rough edge on their body
>>
>>78393402
i dont know, kids this day are really gay
>>
>>78393591
we're just having a discussion here bro, care to add something?
>>
>>78393535
>The era of Gertie the Dinosaur was over
Even Gertie look more realistic then "Green Camel"
>>
>>78393565
So they basically pulled a We're Back and decided that cool dinosaurs evolve into goofy ones? I just.. fail to see how.. or why anyone would do that.
The concept of dinoagriculture kinda works to me in a Polevik kind of way, but there's a certain fundamental part of nature that I refuse to accept any alternative to: only carnivores dominate the world. Herbivores are useless simple-minded passive creatures. and as far as i know, nobody has ever identified a dinosaur as 'part carnivore part herbivore like humans' so that aint happening.
The only way I could see them ending up as goofencritters would be if they'd been domesticated and lobotomized.. but cats and dogs still look cool
>>
>>78393596
the knobby knees would be okay but that fucker has knobby wrists on long hands like a giraffe/horse/goat/etc. sauropods don't have that. I can't think of any dinosaurs that do, even brachiosaurs.
but then the way they shaped the limbs theyre like little tubes on universal joints, like something a dumb little kid would draw
>>
>>78393606
kids are fucked up because parents are (somehow. no idea since they're us) even worse than our parents were. but INSIDE all kids are the same. all kids want cool violent dinosaurs. always have, always will. It's just that kids of the olden days had to make do with stories about heroic dogs rescuing kids from wild boars and elk and shit.
>>
>>78393535
>purple t-rex
I think the Dragonball cartoons are older than Barney, right?
>>
>>78393617
yeah but her animation was VERY silly. cartoons were universally silly back then, it was obligatory. it worked with the whole 'custom-composed music where every note is something going on' thing, which was basically the centerpiece of entertainment for a long time, going back to the stage and even bards before that
>>
>>78393266
It's just a movie that they didn't put forward the effort into research and shit, only made for cash grabs

Pay no attention
>>
File: Azala[1].jpg (63 KB, 450x430) Image search: [Google]
Azala[1].jpg
63 KB, 450x430
>>78393733
yep.
hell some of toriyama's dinosaurs are fucking awesome.. some are close to awesome but still have weird fat tails and skinny bird legs.. and some of them are pretty damned cartoony, but even THOSE still have cool claws and detailed claw-housings and shit.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=coW2hmdzMlQ
>>
It's like some actual artists had an idea with potential and then it was hamstrung and shit on by a retard businessman named John Lasseter.
>>
>>78393748
this isn't about research, it's about style
remember in the 80s when every pterosaur (always called a pterodactyl) had a crest, teeth, and a long tail with a diamond on the end? yknow why? IT LOOKED FUCKING COOL
walt disney added another finger to his t-rex because it looked cool. and it fucking DID. those dinosaurs in fantasia had humanlike expressions but it didn't subtract one iota of their bestial nature
people like animals. that's fucking universal. they don't like a bunch of blobs. but for some reason Minions did well in theaters (i just.. don't get it) so now they think people DO like just a bunch of blobs. which for some reason must always have complete eyes with colored irides and everything, never dots.
>>
>>78393266
>blaspheming historical accuracy for money again

Fuck you, breeders. Tell your fucking kids the truth.
>>
why are all 3d people drawn as ugly as possible, with all the most gross physical features a person can have? are they trying to push inbreeding as the next PC issue or something?
>>
>>78393266
This thread reads like one dude rambling.
>>
>>78393860
there is no history, either in real life or in this fictional movie about an alternate timeline.
we're talking biological accuracy here. muscles, sinew, and bones. that's what makes people like animals. throughout all of history that's what people have wanted to see, outside of a brief period from the 20s to 60s when people wanted funny rubber hose things wearing gloves
>>
Holy shit check this out
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cPiQPsocVfI
they look like back to the barnyard characters
THAT IS WHAT HAPPENED

no seriously i blame madagascar and all that shit. Remember that movie The Wild? Yeah it looked boring, but its designs looked good at least. But nobody liked it, they all liked motherfucking cock in the anus madagascar with its warped twisted disgusting animal designs. this is just another splash of piss in the pot.
>>
But dinosaurs are a lie created by the fedora men.
>>
You know your designs are bad when Yoshi looks cooler than your dinosaur
>>
>>78393891
There's at least two.
>>
Why didn't they make a T-Rex the protagonist?

There was LITERALLY nothing added to film by having a Herbivore.
>>
>>78393971
because vegan audience. haven't you heard? meat gives you cancer!
Aside from that, we're living in an era where films are forced by a non legal but nevertheless all-powerful fascist entity to list whether their movies have "intense moments" or "mild peril" or "persistent action'. they're not going to show a drop of blood
>>
>>78394036
But they HAD T-Rex' in the movie and the issue in this story wouldn't have had to even address that.

They even had a scene where they easily could have LION KING'd for a Carnivore when the human brings the dinosaur a bug.
>>
>>78393971
I'm just happy we got Tyrannosaur characters in an American dinosaur cartoon that aren't evil mindless eating machines.

But yeah, a Tyrannosaurus cowboy movie would have been dope.
>>
>>78394083
eugh. i'm sick of that. that shit only started because NBC forced tezuka to neuter the fuck out of jungle emperor leo in making 'kimba'
though to be fair, when he did his own sequel later his own way, it was boring and overdramatic. still! we need to start getting really violently against censorship, because it's against us
>>
>>78393266
What's with the human being in the same place as a Dinosaur?
>>
>>78394190
autism
>>
>>78394086
>TyrannoRango
fund it
raptor injuns with feather headdresses
giganotosaurus bad guy rival. quickbite contest (he has length advantage but the tyranno has the stronger bite so it's interesting!) or fuck give them guns whatever
sauropod horses, brontowranglers, etc
>>
>>78394190
the meteorite never hit so we became their pets

or yknow, fun. it's not like anyone knows diddly squat anyway no matter what they think
>>
>>78393402

Kids these days are mostly little budding metrosexuals who would find a real-looking dinosaur too scary. Thankfully when Bernie or Hillary is elected they will all be euthanized for being white.
>>
Pixar FUCKED UP badly with this
>>
>>78393266
the Hyper realistic backgrounds did not fit with the character designs and it takes you out of the story. Also, the design of that dinosaurs just bugs me, especially the knees; it reminds me of those two-people horse costumes.
>>
>>78394295
>rats have the time to evolve from rats to humans
>an immeasurably long process
>dinosaurs still look exactly the same
>humans are somehow the dumb ones

This movie is frustrating. It's frustrating on a lot of levels.

The backgrounds are realistic, but the characters are weird Blue Sky Studios cartoon shit.

The world has no logic, and what logic it does have make no sense because it's not logical.
>>
>>78394520
i mean fair enough, evolutionfags say we came from dimetrodons and shit anyway, so we've evidently been brewing longer than the straight-legged reptiles anyway
and as someone pointed out above, the dinosaurs DON'T look the exact same, they look fucking goofy
i dunno if youre going to do speculative evolution you should do more like that Kong movies. that was fan fucking tastic. Shit all looked so cash but still looked like what it came from
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.