[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So, I know /co/ doesn't really like the "power level"
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 3
File: mos2.jpg (140 KB, 630x1128) Image search: [Google]
mos2.jpg
140 KB, 630x1128
So, I know /co/ doesn't really like the "power level" shit, but it's necessary to know the at least the ballpark limitations of a characters so you can frame the story around them.

Does anyone else think this Superman is actually pretty weak? I'm not saying it's bad, just saying. What version of his power do you think they're going for?
>>
>>78391166
Very powerful, but not confident enough in himself to use all of it yet.
>>
>>78391187
This.
I also like a superman who is actually afraid of his own power and is trying to do the best he can.
>>
>>78391187
>>78391246
I dunno, he was a full adult when he struggled with an oil rig. and the kryptonians he was fighting were only recently exposed to sunlight
>>
>>78391187
Nah, I reckon he's being built up to be all that and then the big reveal will be that he was a little bitch all along.

Otherwise the Batfags will cry foul and that could bring down WB. They haven't had a good year for movies, they need this to do incredibly well. Probably to do better than it can. I mean, to make up for the year they've had? Star Wars money. End around 2 billion.

Sad, really.
>>
>>78391273
They were genetically engineered to be better than him on a kind of planet their designers had apparently never heard of, since they never bothered building fucking sunlamps to artificially create the effect.
>>
>>78391166
>framework for stories
I'm glad hack like you aren't paid and we actually have decent writers throughout the history of comics that aren't limited with their imagination concern about power levels or weakness. Why not look at american comics as modern myths beyond the scope of power levels that Japanese comics and children then to be obsessive over?

People like Gaiman, Moore, Ellis, Morrison write great stories with capes and rarely worry about power levels to framework their stories. Its not about the fight or struggle,its modern myth, the lore and the grandure. Or a lot of drugs if you're Moore, Morrison and Ellis
>>
>>78391166
>So, I know /co/ doesn't really like the "power level" shit
Bullshit
>>
>>78391302
humans creating red sun lamps when?!
>>
>>78391318
>talks about hacks
>praises Gaiman, Moore, Ellis and Morrison

Fuck off reddit
>>
>>78391318
oh fuck off, you can't have a story where deathstroke exchanges blows with superman or where wolverine can lift a car to save someone, so yes, abilities do matter
>>
>>78391355
Go to hell moralfag
I'm old /b/
I'm ANONYMOUS
WE ARE ANONYMOUS
WE ARE LEGION
WE DON'T FORGIVE
WE DON'T FORGET
EXPECT US

I do this for the keks
Why you so mad EUROPOOR?
>>
>>78391384
Deathstroke is a boring character. Who wants to read about him? Also we have seen Deathstroke take down superman "level" characters plenty of time with the use of prep time. which makes the whole concept of power levels laughable to begin with.

Deathstroke/Slade Wilson works better not as someone going directly head to head with Superman guys, but rather as a black ops leader, master mind, puppet master ruining the lives of people that Superman cares about.

So again power levels are gay
Instead of having reject XTREME age belt and pouches Deathstroke, its more fun to have president Slade Wilson running the US and him leading a miltiary group and being the every day man.
>>
>>78391302
>>78391340
I think i remember a story where it's confirmed humans have super-powers on krypton. so when superman's enemies built red sunlight technology to fuck with him, why don't they ever just enhance themselves?
>>
>>78391273
I always thought the oil rig struggle was more just him trying to keep the thing from collapsing on itself, rather than lifting it up.
>>
File: bvsbecause.jpg (59 KB, 494x960) Image search: [Google]
bvsbecause.jpg
59 KB, 494x960
>>78391280
Nah, it'l probably make 1 billion to at best 1.5 billion like the avengers, which is still incredibly good. the movie has star power with affleck, it has batman, and even superman alone did well regardless of the quality of the movie
>>
>>78391246
>I also like a superman who is actually afraid of his own power and is trying to do the best he can.
That is exactly what we got, he was holding back severely in the final fight, if you compare his punches down in the streets in close quarters compared to his punches high up in the sky.
>>
File: Michael_Shannon_as_Zod.jpg (45 KB, 468x341) Image search: [Google]
Michael_Shannon_as_Zod.jpg
45 KB, 468x341
Kneeel before the combat-bred warrior who gets his ass kicked by scientist-bred Jor-El and then a farm kid from kansas
>>
>>78391866
I thought that was kind of the point, like the entire krypton system was supposed to be perfect but it was actually so flawed that even their supposedly perfect soldier was actually shit
>>
>>78391355
>someone says something I don't agree with
>he must be from that website I hate but is in no way related to any of this

Fuck you man. You're the cancer that is not only killing /co/, but all of 4chan
>>
>>78391390
>he thinks old /b/ is 2008
Adorable.
>>
>>78391273
He wasn't struggling at all. Watch it again, when it fell he was just the fulcrum, it fell over him. Had he known how to fly, he'd have held it up easily.
>>
>>78391919
You're overthinking it. Zod and his goons were combat experts with augmented strength and reflexes. The only flaw in the Kryptonian system was that they left no room for variation. Other than that, they were min-maxing assholes.

The film would have us think that the reason Supes won was because he had that special variation that let him be super awesome at thinkin' and fightin' (not to mention the fact that he'd had 20 more years of yellow sunlight exposure and his body was probably much more used to the effects).
>>
>>78391655

... it really feels like i'm on 9gag
>>
>>78393309
You're overthinking it too. Simple answer is Zod is the equivalent of a motard Marine Corps paper pusher. He's never seen combat, he's never been in a real fight, he's not even particularly good at hand-to-hand. Faora would have wrecked Jor-El.
>>
>>78391166
He seems to be Animated Superman tier power, maybe slightly more.
>>
>>78391355
> Considers Moore as a hack
Seriously. Dude.
>>
>>78391655
I fucking hate capeshit material outside of this board.
>>
>>78391355
> Considers Gaiman a hack
Autistic edgelord detected
>>
>>78391166
Tony should have a fourth panel.

"How many aliens did your invasion consist of? Three? How cute."

Then a shot of the Chitauri armada.
>>
>>78401563
>Chitauri
If BW can take them out by herself, they are hardly a threat
>>
>>78401563
>comparing literal gods to human level strength aliens
I knew this board was infested with marvelfags' idiocity, but not this much
>>
>>78391355
>considers moore and gaiman a hack
well when did cartoon fags started to care about comics?
>>
>>78398230
to be honest, I thought that faora was far better fighter than zod when she fought supes, she would have killed him if it wasn't for phantom zone
>>
>>78391355
Believe what you want but Gaiman and Moore are just objectively good writers. jesus Christ, contrarianism is killing media.
>>
>>78391273
The part he was standing on collapsed under his feet. https://youtu.be/wCPwBcl_dY0?t=1m30s
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.