[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How will they explain his absence during the original trilogy
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 108
Thread images: 9
File: KananJarrus.png (203 KB, 450x600) Image search: [Google]
KananJarrus.png
203 KB, 450x600
How will they explain his absence during the original trilogy
>>
My guess is probably with them dying, but knowing it's Disney they'll find some bullshit way to explain it.
>>
>>78388396
dies
fucks off into unexplored space
decides to retire and fuck Hera for the rest of his life
>>
>>78388396
well, there is a 16 years gap.
>>
Ahsoka will die, Kanan might, and Ezra won't.
>>
He's the old man who gets rekt by ben in the beginning of the movie
>>
>>78388444
5 years, Rebels take place 5 years before Star Wars IV
>>
>>78388396
He'll finally let Hera know his true feelings and they'll fuck off to some remote world to hide and produce cute lekku babies.
>>
>>78388479
i heard it was 14 after 6
>>
>>78388603
Rebels is 14 years after Revenge of the Sith and 5 before New Hope.
>>
>>78388396
He was a good friend.
>>
Stay in your containment thread.
>>
>>78388396
Killing him off.

Having him change his name and/or go into hiding.
>>
>>78388396
He goes into seclusion when Ezra dies.
>>
He becomes Snoke.
>>
>>78388396
I hope Vader kills Ahsoka.

The others I don't really care what happens
>>
File: s2.reutersmedia.net.jpg (23 KB, 327x450) Image search: [Google]
s2.reutersmedia.net.jpg
23 KB, 327x450
>>78388396
autoerotic asphyxiation
>>
Man I was trying to find Rebels references in The Force Awakens, but then I realized that rebels is something like 40 or 50 years in the past at that point.

My guess is: Ahsoka is killed fighting Vader at the end of Season 2. She'll say something about her old master being a great Jedi, and that'll make Vader flip his shit and murder her in a fit of self-loathing.

I don't think Rex is gonna last past this season, either. The clone is a loose end, narratively, and it sms like he keeps throwing herself in front of blasters. I think he's aging prematurely and is disgusted with the idea of dying in bed.

Kanan sacrifices his life to save Ezra's from an as-of-yet unrevealed threat. More likely it's some kind of esoteric dark side thing than Imperial forces.

Ezra lives and wanders on his own for a while. Eventually he meets up with Luke post-RotJ and Ezra's "power of connection" is instrumental to finding and recruiting force-sensitives for Luke's new Jedi order. You know, for as long as that lasts.

Maz and her castle will feature in AT LEAST one episode in Session 3.
>>
>>78388396
They'll just CGI him in
>>
>>78391165
I think Rex is probably one of the most likely to survive if only because he and Hera are the easiest to integrate into main stream canon. Hera is just a Rebellion technician/engineer and Rex is just a clone vet.
>>
>>78391165
I highly doubt that Ashoka or Rex will die in Season 2. Maybe Season 3, but don't forget that this is a disney XD show. They will very likely come up with some very unsatisfied reason for there absence that does not involve death.
>>
>>78391275
The last season had like five cinfirmed deaths.
>>
File: dwXRiBD.jpg (39 KB, 447x414) Image search: [Google]
dwXRiBD.jpg
39 KB, 447x414
>>
>>78391229
Bravo, you terrible bastard.
>>
>>78391165
>Man I was trying to find Rebels references in The Force Awakens, but then I realized that rebels is something like 40 or 50 years in the past at that point.

The Broken Horn logo shows up at Maz's castle.
>>
>>78388465
I dont like you either.
>>
>>78388396
Why should they? The universe is big enough.
>>
>>78391392
None of them main and/or good guy supporting characters. They kill off bitch ass imperials that no one really would give a shit about
>>
>>78391275
They explained that this is a different batch of Rebels that uses A-Wings and B-Wings over X-Wings and Y-Wings. Both groups merged by the time Episode 6 rolled around. Hera, Sabine, Zeb, and Rex were also probably in a different part of the galaxy taking down other empire ships during the movies.
>>
>>78388686
This.

>>>/swr/
>>
>>78388603

Vader is in it, dude.
>>
>>78388686
>>78391559
Nah, fuck ya'll. We're not hanging out with those idiots.
>>
>>78391465
Luke has to be the last Jedi. By ROTJ at least.
>>
>>78391700
Yoda is the last Jedi now. Ahsoka, Kanan, and Ezra aren't getting the training.
>>
>>78391751
So they aren't Jedi from a certain point of view.
>>
>>78391844

No, from a definite point of view. The Jedi are a group. Not every user of the light side is a Jedi just like not every dark side user is a Sith.
>>
I've been reading his comic lately.

Kanan...he had a hard life.
>>
Coma in which he can only be awaken by the death of the one who sent him into a coma.
>>
>>78388396
It's a big galaxy and he doesn't know any Skywalkers personally.

Or who knows? Maybe they'll put him in one of those standalone movies they're doing every other year.
>>
>>78388396
It's a big galaxy with lots of places in it and things to do.

Was that so hard?
>>
>>78392101
So...Chopper? Or do we count the stairs Chopper pushed him down as the culprit?
>>
>>78391751
>>78391844
>>78391969
>last "Jedi"

It's referenced in the most recent episode of Rebels. I forget the exact line, but Ahsoka quips about Kanan being "more qualified" than her on Jedi matters.
Ahsoka left/was kicked out of the order, and I haven't read the comic, so I don't know if Kanan ever really finished his apprenticeship, even. But at least he wasn't kicked out.

Hopefully eps 8/9 will deal with people figuring out that the Jedi and Sith are pretty much over, and building up enter new force traditions.
>>
>>78393186
The sith might be gone, but the Jedi are in pretty much exactly the same position they were in IV.
>>
>>78391265
>>I think Rex is probably one of the most likely to survive if only because he and Hera are the easiest to integrate into main stream canon. Hera is just a Rebellion technician/engineer and Rex is just a clone vet.

No way you'd see Rex in e8. Clones age faster than regular people. Rex is only in his thirties or so by the time of Rebels, but he looks double that. By the time you get to the sequel trilogy he'd be a dried-out husk.
They could easily put him in one of the spin-off movies that Disney is doing though, like Rogue One or the one about young Han Solo. Just get the guy who originally played Jango and put a beard and some paunch on him.

Hera's real plausible, and I'd love to see her even if it was just as a background character in Rogue One or something. Also by the time the Rebellion era rolls around, she might have more of a MILF/cougar thing going on, and that could be cool.
>>
>>78388396
>How will they explain his absence during the original trilogy
They won't.
>>
>>78391165
>>78391463
I'd love to see some Hondo and Maz stuff.
>>
>>78391700
Luke never was the last Jedi. The whole reason it's called "return of the Jedi" isn't that he 'becomes' a Jedi (which is something he only gets told by petulantly questioning a dying frog, suggesting that he's about as good as his dad at picking up social cues), it's that Vader "dies" and Anakin is briefly reborn: he's the Jedi, and for that portion of the film, the only living Jedi we know of who survived the purge, and certainly the only one trained by the Order. Yoda's training on Dagobah wasn't Jedi training; it was training in the ways of the Force. Jedi were expected to be far more than proficient users of the Force - diplomats, philosophers, teachers, heroes. Yoda and Obi-Wan (and presumably Qui-Gon) are still around, as is Anakin; dead or alive, they're Jedi, and no longer in hiding. The Jedi Order is gone; the Jedi ideal has returned.

Get it? No, I suppose not.
>>
>>78393666
That's a fanboy try-too-hard rationalization, Satan.
>>
>>78393789
No, that's just what happens in the movie. It's literally on-screen.

If you don't understand it, that's fine. Lots of people have problems with recalling the order of events after the fact. It's probably perfectly normal for you.
>>
>>78393957

Working title was "Revenge of the Jedi", "Return" was a bit of a last minute change. There goes you theory, kid.
>>
File: image.jpg (252 KB, 750x1251) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
252 KB, 750x1251
>>78388396
Do you autistic fucks not grasp the sheer size of a galaxy?
Clearly you don't.
Educate yourself, here. This is just the Milky Way Galaxy. Lord knows the size of the Star Wars Galaxy
>>
>>78393666

Anakin, Ben, and Yoda all seemed to have no problem manifesting as force ghosts for Luke. They probably taught him a thing or two, and I would he very doubtful that he didn't go to old Jedi temples and through Empire records and learn as much as he could.
>>
>>78394319
No, not unless you've misunderstood that too.

Return is an intrinsic part of revenge, genius.

>>78394650
See, this guy has headcanon that doesn't rely on screen evidence. That's what you get when you don't pay attention.
>>
>>78388465

Lor San Tekka?

Kanan would actually be around the right age for that.
>>
>>78388396
Probably forfeits being a jedi, as well as Ezra.
>>
>>78391534
>They kill off bitch ass imperials that no one really would give a shit about
Tua's death wasn't expected by anybody at all and a lot of people wanted them to live
>>
>>78393186
Kanan was still a padawan when 66 happened.

It's hard to say who was more complete in their training. Ahsoka was offered the chance to graduate to a Knight in season 5, which is when she left the Jedi order, but that was basically just as an apology for kicking her out wrongfully, and she wouldn't have really gotten it otherwise.

Either way, they still need to be dead by RotJ. They may have not been full fledged Jedi Knights, but they were still Jedi. Luke wasn't a Jedi Knight either.
>>
>>78393666
>Yoda's training on Dagobah wasn't Jedi training; it was training in the ways of the Force. Jedi were expected to be far more than proficient users of the Force - diplomats, philosophers, teachers, heroes.
>The Jedi Order is gone; the Jedi ideal has returned.
This. Anakin fulfilled the prophecy by wiping out both the Sith and the Jedi order, leaving only Luke who belonged to neither, and was a 'pure', balanced Jedi, so to speak.
>>
>>78388396
A galaxy is really big, I mean, for real.
Him and his crew will probably be fighting the evil empire on the other side of the galaxy.
>>
>>78388517
/rebels
>>
BTW Is Shak tii dead or not?
>>
>>78397379
While her death was not show on screen, unless she appears in Rebels, Rouge One, or another spin-off assume she died in Order 66.
>>
>>78397543
Or unless they decide to rework The Force Unleashed back into canon.
>>
>>78397826
Starkiller Base makes that unlikely.
>>
>>78394639
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=buqtdpuZxvk
>>
Vader is going to kill him you fucking idiots.

Vader is going to kill the entire Rebels cast. He'll wipe them out and it will continue Disney's long-term project of rehabilitating Vader's image as a badass. They've put a lot of effort into salvaging Darth Vader from the shitheap of the prequels, and him slaughtering the Ghost's crew by series end will just cement it.
>>
>>78394639
It gets even better when you remember the Star Wars galaxy has another galaxy piggybacking off it.
>>
>>78396308

I really doubt they reached out beyond the veil of death through the force exclusively to wave at Luke at a party.
>>
So where is Kyle Katarn? Will we get anything with him, or is he axed?
>>
>>78398928

Gone away.
>>
>>78391165
Spotted a Meiloorun in Maz's castle. That was it.
>>
>>78398132
The name of their ship is the Ghost. Their code names are Spectres. It's so fucking clear they're all going to die.

I either want Vader to murder them, or for the final scene to take place on Alderann. One of them is like "Kanan. Look up in the sky! What is that?" "I've got a bad feeling about this." And a cut to black with the sound of an explosion.
>>
>>78398928
He lives on in your dreams like a sexy dream bear
>>
Ashoka is the only one who you need to conclude anything with before the main trilogy begins because she's the only one seriously linked to Vader. Everyone else is just normal people.
>>
>>78388465

I thought this was the case, or Ezra.
>>
>>78399980
Ending with them on Alderann would be perfect. They wouldn't need to show anything, kids wouldn't even know... but we all know when they retire there or join the planet's military exactly what that dooms it to.
>>
>>78394639

>Space is big. Really big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind-bogglingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the road to the chemist, but that's just peanuts to space.

~Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
>>
>>78394639

https://youtu.be/hmlrI74fwa0
>>
>>78394639
Star Wars always felt small to me because it all takes place in one Galaxy.
>>
>>78401008
Hahaha. Astronomy not your thing is it anon?
>>
I agree going full Blake's 7 would be the most satisfying end. I very much doubt Disney will go that route.
>>
File: what.jpg (12 KB, 426x304) Image search: [Google]
what.jpg
12 KB, 426x304
Ending it on Alderaan would be perfect

>>78401008
>Star Wars always felt small to me because it all takes place in one Galaxy.
>>
>>78401137
No, I just mean that since space is so large everything taking place in one galaxy sort of diminishes the importance of what's happening.

The Empire suddenly seems a lot less threatening when you realise that there could be some intergalactic Empire out there that spans several galaxies and makes the Sith and Jedi look like shit. It's like a story taking place in a small town while the rest of the world is out there.
>>
>>78401137
Not him, but the Star Wars galaxy have civilizations that possessed light speed travel for at least 25,000 years. (Remember Obi-Wan said a thousand generations so it is cannon). It just seems small compared to what we know now.
>>
>>78401222
That's exactly why the idea of B.E.T.A from Muv Luv and Tyrannids from 40k scares me. What if the are beings outside of our galaxy that are devouring life from all galaxies one by one?
>>
>>78388396
It'll be revealed that Ezra is actually the "real" Boba Fett we see in the OT and he turned Kanan in for a bounty. But Hera rescued him and they've been living peacefully until the Yuuzhan Vong captured them. Their fates unknown at this time.

Meanwhile, Sabine becomes Zeb's pimp.

Also, Chopper died during the initial Rebel assault on the first Death Star.
>>
>>78388427
>decides to retire and fuck Hera for the rest of his life

Living the dream.
>>
>>78397214
Holy shit, when will people stop misinterpreting the whole balance shit. Balance in the force means no dark side. WoG.
>>
File: 1449954283863.png (28 KB, 151x248) Image search: [Google]
1449954283863.png
28 KB, 151x248
Remember how everyone was all "how will they explain Ashota's absence during episode III?" and they just copped out so they could reuse her again later?

Yaya, that's gonna happen again. Get ready for the new CGI cartoon between episode 6 and 7 where Canaan comes back to train lute Skywalter alongside Ahsuka Tang and slingshot boy.
>>
what if ezra becomes a founding member of the knights of ren?
>>
>>78388396
Kanan and Ezra are going to die horribly.
>>
Both master and aprentice abandon their jedi ways and settle down with their respective girls.
>>
File: tumblr_nu5vfyNzDq1qdt6e2o5_1280.jpg (136 KB, 721x481) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nu5vfyNzDq1qdt6e2o5_1280.jpg
136 KB, 721x481
>>78401434
>Yuuzhan Vong

I'll never canonize you!
>>
>>78398132
Nah Disney would have never made rebels if the weren't going to tie it into the movies
Yoda giving Ezra a light saber crystal has to have some significance
>>
>>78402780
>Nah Disney would have never made rebels if the weren't going to tie it into the movies

That's what I figured. Marvel movies are all about the synergistic interlocking hype marketing, you've got to figure Disney would try and do the same thing with Star Wars.
>>
>>78394639

JJ Abrams doesn't. Everything is 5 minutes away as far as he's concerned.
>>
>>78388465
which old man?
>>
>>78401222
You are vastly underestimating the scales involved here. There are around 400 billion stars in just the milky way the idea of an empire incompassing all that is truly mind boggling.

The idea of an inter galatic empire is so over the top that it borders on silly. Just for example the Andromeda galaxy is 2.538 million lightyears away. Even with hyperdrive 25,000 years is not enough time to make that round trip.
>>
>>78404463
Max Von Sydow
>>
>>78398928
>>78398977
>>78400022
So has any anon messaged Pablo or Filoni and asked them whether or not they know about Kyle Katarn, or in fact even like him as a character?
>>
>>78391165
TFA tells us Luke went into exile, but I like it if he mentions that he wasn't the only Jedi Master who split. I get they want to keep the EU and main movies at arm's length, but I feel that there's no point in revamping it and forming a board to oversee continuity, and not give a wink. Obviously, that was never going to happen with JJ, and I doubt it'll happen with Trevorrow, but Johnson might actually care enough.
>>
>>78407682
>and I doubt it'll happen with Trevorrow, but Johnson might actually care enough.

Johnson is writing both eps 8 and 9, Trevorrow is only directing.
>>
>>78407821
All is well.
>>
>>78392712
>yfw Snoke is just an illusion being projected by Chopper and Vader's R2-KillU bot
>>
File: Vader still hates them.jpg (3 MB, 3975x3056) Image search: [Google]
Vader still hates them.jpg
3 MB, 3975x3056
>>78398132

Uh-huh
>>
>>78398132
Have they done away with that whole "losing his limbs diminished his Force potential" thing? He's a fucking beast in Lords of the Sith.
>>
>>78407821
Why would Johnson care?
>>
>>78408967
No, he's lost a lot of potential since he's lost his limbs.
Thread replies: 108
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.