[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ALL-NEW ALL-DIFFERENT MARVEL
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1
File: ANAD.jpg (875 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
ANAD.jpg
875 KB, 1280x720
>issue #2
>sales already back to pre-relaunch numbers
>will go even lower
what was the point of this shit?
>>
>>78385531
The point was to change a bunch of things so they can do another relaunch next year returning the iconic characters to their roles. Meanwhile, the Star Wars frenzy ensures they still crush DC in the marketshare.
>>
This is the sound of a bubble beginning to tear itself open.
>>
>>78385585
>they still crush DC
not an argument
>>
they think people that watch movies are miraculously gonna take interest in comics, because they have some of the same characters
>>
>>78385531
>will go even lower
Doesn't matter because the sales from all those issues 1s make up for the future lack of sales. Relaunch again with new #1s and watch them rake in the money. It's proven to be an effective method to ensure they make money. Marvels formula is a success.
>>
>>78385644
Case in point, the solicit for Ant-Man #3.
>>
at the rate they keep relaunching

they're better off cancelling every ongoing and just make every arc a a mini series.
>>
>>78385692
How?
For example,
>pre-relaunch, a series had STEADY STATE audience of 60k
>after relaunch, #1 has 100k
>#2, 60k
>still not steady and will go down
they made a good buck for literally one issue, had a similar sized audience as before relaunching and in the long run, will be running at a comparative loss
>>
>>78385846
There are no series with steady state audiences. The norm is a slight loss every month.
>>
>>78385839
Inexplicably, if they called it a mini it wouldn't sell as well.
>>
>>78385531
>what was the point of this shit?
The #1 bump, which was huge thanks to increased prices and tons of variants

Also so they can figure out how often they should relaunch books so they can pretend like attrition isn't a thing
>>
>>78385846
I hope at least by issue fucking 30 the drop becomes negligible
>>
>>78385934
meant for
>>78385885
>>
>>78385934
>implying a Marvel book will ever reach issue 30 again
>>
>>78385934
It really doesn't. If you look at the DC series that have been going from the start of the New 52, they still have standard attrition. Sales increase sometimes at the start of a new story arc, a new creative team, or a crossover, and that keeps it afloat.
>>
>t's proven to be an effective method to ensure they make money.

And crash the comic market yet again.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/article/tilting-at-windmills-trouble-on-the-horizon
>>
>>78386210
People say that every month and it never happens.
>>
>>78386210
It's going to crash hard but with that Disney ownership it would hardly affect them.
>>
>>78386005
Books written by Bendis probably will.
>>
>>78385531
Overall I think the entire line is better. There are a lot more comics I enjoy than before Secret Wars. quality will probably decline over time but I like this move overall.
>>
>>78385729
Whats the solicit?
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.