[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does /co/ think of this show?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 7
File: Rickandmorty.jpg (37 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
Rickandmorty.jpg
37 KB, 400x300
What does /co/ think of this show?
>>
>Reddit and memey
>>
File: 1450708181161.png (203 KB, 987x1068) Image search: [Google]
1450708181161.png
203 KB, 987x1068
Why are you asking. Do you want a legitimate opinion and or review? Have you seen it and just want to know or are you thinking about it and just want to hear about it first?
If you came here for either you're in the wrong place. This thread will dissolve into shitposting about ebin and reddit with a few honest opinions scattered about the actual show.

But hey I'll throw you a bone
It's good. The animation takes some getting used to, some episodes can be very hit or miss and the same goes for the jokes but overall the writing and characters are done well and it has some genuine commentary on real life issues and situations that some shows often have a hard time covering without being overly comedic or serious. More often than not it hits it's mark.

Give it a watch, after three or so episodes if you don't enjoy it drop it. Simple as that.
>>
>>78378413
It's a good show. The people who hate it have weird reasons for hating it, like a disdain for the fanbase, which is never a good reason for disliking anything.

The art style is meh (Summer's design is especially terrible) and sometimes the burping and stuttering thing is a little overdone. Those are my only complaints.
>>
>>78378424
Back to /v/ with you
>>
I really like the animation and art.

The character art might be a little simple but the aliens are cool.
>>
>>78378413
I really enjoy it, very fun plots for episodes, lotta the humor can be very well done. There are times when I think the whole "Aw geez Rick." and "Morty, M-Morty" improv with Justin is a little overdone, but I don't really mind as the characters are memorable for it.
>>
I liked it better when it was "Rick and Morty" and not "Rick and the Smiths."
>>
>>78378413
The fucking scribble eyes distract and unsettle me
>>
“Hey uh Rick uh I'm not so sure about this

Shut your mouth morty I'm *burp* I'm motherfucking Rick *breaks fourth wall* wooo drinking and mayhem look at how *burp* indifferent to society I am

Uh I guess uh you're uh right uh uh uh uh Rick uh uh

Don't touch that *burp* made up alien *burp* crap I know so much *burp* but you're so dumb how are we related drinking lol *makes meta joke*

Yeah uh Rick uh I didn't uh know uh that uh good uh thing uh you uh told uh me uh I'm not so sure about this new adventure uh Rick

Morty morty *burp* you gotta just be yourself *kills* because who cares *burp* what other people say *makes something explode* you gotta be cool and aloof like me

Yeah Rick you're uh right uh I'm uh so uh glad ub I uh have uh you uh uh uh uh uh”

Produced by Dan Harmon
>>
>>78379094
those were based on roiland's shitty animation. If nothing else at least its something that's unique about the art style.
>>
>>78379094
They aren't scribbles, they're anuses
>>
>it's le epin reddit boogeyman xDD

It's not a bad show but it's easy to see why people wouldn't like it. It's got some pretty great dark humour and does the tonal shift decently because even when the show is comedy based it's very nihilistic (where the ebik plebbit maymay comes in) in tone so when it gets dark it's perfectly in line with the show.

It's got it's flaws, can be hit and miss and might be a bit overrated but it's good.
>>
Season 1 was GOAT
Season 2 was kinda shitty
>>
>>78378413
When Rick and morty came out everyone loved it, praises were heard from the roof tops, dicks were sucked!

Now that we're waiting for the 3rd season to come out /co/ does what it always does with good things, it shits on it because it's now cool to hate it.

My opinion of Rick and morty: about 80% of the episodes were awesome. The other 20% were almost universally reviled. Episodes like raising gazorpazorp or the cable episode really brought the show down hard. But what can you expect when you set the bar so high so many times? Anything that isn't 100% gold is 10 times as bad as it normally would be with a mediocre show.

That's just my thoughts on the matter. Feel free to crucify me now.
>>
>>78378413
It's good at the start, but Rick becomes a fucking joke as the show progresses.

Rick then
>Drinking problem is only sparsely referenced and doesn't dominate the character
>Erratic but intelligent
>Genuinely cares about Morty and will give his life to protect him

Rick now
> le *burp* xD
> I'm rly crazy =OOO
> haha morty *burp* do you go on reddit *burp* i'm insane
>btw I smoke weed and drink lol haha
>>
File: 1156-chinese-cringe.jpg (14 KB, 432x288) Image search: [Google]
1156-chinese-cringe.jpg
14 KB, 432x288
>>78379511
I'll admit im a newfag, it's less than a month that i lurk on the chan, but this things that you guys do, this thing when you all talk in the same memetic way like some kind of cult, it's so fucking viral, it's frightening.

> Rick now
> le *burp* xD
> I'm rly crazy =OOO
> haha morty *burp* do you go on reddit *burp* i'm insane
>btw I smoke weed and drink lol haha

^this. I know you're trying to be sarcastic, but your sarcasm it's so overdone and sterotyped that it seems like you're basically mirroring what you want to criticize. It's srsly pathetic. Cant anyone of you guys think for themselves?
>>
>>78379748
it's just a way to portray the character
i know reddit is mentioned constantly here but if you actually go to the default subreddits they literally act like this
>>
File: 1450118281328.jpg (126 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
1450118281328.jpg
126 KB, 640x640
Reddit the show
>>
You'll like it a lot less after hearing Dan Harmon speak. One of the most loathsome personalities in showbusiness today.
>>
>>78379769
Yes but what the fuck does it have to do with the quality of the show? Of every show?
Because I'll tell you. Nothing. But since here's cool to stand on one side like some kind of retarded ship, only thing important being which side do you choose, every opinion about anything must conform to a specific category, even though that category as nothing to do with the matter in question.
>>
>>78379498
The second cable Ep is was shit but the first was fantastic, it's the first episode I show people generally.
>>
>>78379808
ITS JUST A PRANK BRO
calm down dude, the show is alright, i was just talking about Rick

seriously...
>>
File: 1449681277863.png (96 KB, 587x337) Image search: [Google]
1449681277863.png
96 KB, 587x337
>>78378413
this shit is still on?
>>
>>78379511
the only instance of rick (almost) sacrificing his life to save morty is on season 2

the only instance of rick smoking weed is on season 1

keep on memeing though
>>
>>78378424
calling something you don't like a meme is a new meme you faggot.

Nigger doesn't know how to Milhouse.
>>
>>78379797
I learned a long time ago to never learn about the creator of things you enjoy.
>>
File: Picture of me 11.png (129 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
Picture of me 11.png
129 KB, 480x480
>it's a jerry and beth have relationship issues episode

at least half of the last season
>>
Did Rick try to kill himself at the end of the Unity episode? Seems like it but I'm not sure.
>>
>>78379893
He nearly died of weed overdose
>>
>>78379891
Normally I hate relationship BS in shows but I actually enjoyed Jerry and Beth's fucked up marriage.
>>
>>78379902
Here's your pity laugh.

Ha ha.
>>
>>78379924
Found the guy who hates fun!
It was just a joke bro, no need to be all autistic for fucks sake.
>>
>>78379797
>Narcissistic asshole
>admits to being a narcissistic asshole so he's also a special snowflake
>Has shoved a sharpie in his ass
>admits to clicking on gore /b/ threads
>loner who couldn't get a girl so he fucks weird things like food or mannequins
>only way anyone would fuck him is when he has money
>calls anyone who disagrees with him an idiot. no matter how right they are
>loves saying the word nigger
> also says faggot and retard
>loves to complain about the establishment, normal people, and how no one understands him
>loves to talk about fucking things, people he has masterbated to. etc
>just spends all day complaining about shit and how stupid people are.

You call Harmon Reddit. But he's actually /co/ incarnate.
>>
>>78379940
Try not using shitty overused meme jokes that were never funny in the first place and you might get a genuine guffaw or legitimate laugh or truthful titter next time, friendo.
>>
>>78379980
kek, looks like I triggered someone, a weed smoker maybe?

DUDE
WEED
LMAO
>>
>>78379994
I hope you're not this try-hard in real life.
>>
>>78379808
people we don't like, when they like things, that detracts from the quality of the thing. there's science behind it, you know.
>>
File: 8.png (746 KB, 897x1021) Image search: [Google]
8.png
746 KB, 897x1021
>>78378413
>>
Good but unbelievably overrated.
>>
>>78380111
this is so stupid it's unbelievable. what a sad life.
>>
>>78379943
>You call Harmon Reddit. But he's actually /co/ incarnate.
Someday, kid, you'll learn that there isn't a difference.
>>
Funniest shit on Adult Swim in a long time, refreshing turn from the two-dozen live action shows, though I don't hate them.
>>
>>78378721

why do you want to know why he wants to know.. just answer the damn question.
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.