[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Was this the moment you knew Amazing Spider-Man was absolute
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 5
File: hqdefault.jpg (28 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
28 KB, 480x360
Was this the moment you knew Amazing Spider-Man was absolute mediocrity?
>>
Around the same time I realized that Bat Comics are complete trash, why OP?
>>
>>78376687

Yup. For all the flack the Raimi Spider-Man films get for having silly things in them, The Amazing Spider-Man had a bunch of shit in it that was absolutely clown-shoes, this being the apex of it.

The first time I saw the lizard-rat, I couldn't fucking stop laughing.
>>
When the construction workers assembled like a damn superhero team and somehow had a straight line to Oscorp
>>
>>78376687
During the skateboarding Montage to Coldplay, or some other shitty band with that voice, right there I knew this movie was going to be bad, and they wasted Emma Stone are a crap character like Gwen when Stone would have made a 10/10 MJ that would have made Dunts look like a parody of the character.
>>
>>78376687
>He lied to me he shot at me HE LIED TO ME HE SHOT AT ME
>>
>>78376751
that shit was bananas
>>
>>78376751
I thought it was a nice way to show people actually caring about the person helping their city
Then I thought "Why are these cranes all lined up on the same fucking street?"
>>
File: DAMMIT.png (490 KB, 570x572) Image search: [Google]
DAMMIT.png
490 KB, 570x572
>>78376967
>I thought it was a nice way to show people actually caring about the person helping their city
Rami did that so much better in Spiser-Man, it was full of camp and just left a warm feeling in my chest. Goblin is getting his free hits in, goes in for the killshot, and BAM, gets hit by a wrench, looks up and sees New Yokers throwing shit down at him.
>You mess with one of us you mess with All of us!!
The Cranes were....alright, but not nearly as cool to me
>>
>>78376751

oh god, then the terribly awkward musical score playing during that scene... UGHHHHHH
>>
>>78377084
You are absolutely right both the bridge scene of the first and the train of the second were way better
>>
>>78377712
Okay, let's not get ahead of ourselves here now, while I did like the train scene, I found it hard to buy that not one person on that train wasn't the kind of asshole that would have pulled out their flip-up hone and snapped a pic of his face. I did like seeing the people catch Spidey after he passed out from stopping the train though, that was comfy as fuck to see.
>>
>>78376751
And then they showed him swinging from every single fucking crane. They showed the entire trip to Oscorp.
>>
>>78377891
>flip-up hone
Really auto correct? That doesn't spell Flip-Phone....
>>
File: [cold puns intensify].png (362 KB, 817x817) Image search: [Google]
[cold puns intensify].png
362 KB, 817x817
>>78376751
God that shit was dumb
Not campy dumb, just plain old "how much are we paying for this shit scene's CGI" dumb
>>
>>78376751
>>78376903
>>78376967
This is like 4U scene on TDKR, there are worse things in the movie and yet people fixated on that scene for some fucking reason.

Peter being responsible of everyone's demise? Nope
Spider-man taunting a criminal like an ass until cops show up? Nope

I am not saying it is a good scene, but /co/ and /tv/ talked so fucking much about it I expected to be incredibly cheesy, by the time I got to see it I was disappointed.

Here it is again:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3EZI7kKx39I
>>
>>78376687
Honestly the day it was announced as being a thing.

A spiderman reboot sounded like the most retarded thing ever and it ended up being nothing special (the first one) to spiderman 3 tier (the second).
>>
>>78378095
Because a rookie spider man being dumb is one thing
All the asshole new yorkers swinging around 20 huge fucking cranes in a couple blocks is a whole nother level

And I blame 4U being so big because the rest of the movie is so fucking forgettable
>>
>>78378150
>because the rest of the movie is so fucking forgettable
/tv/ literally just choke on hotpockets and fucking die already
>>
>>78378150

4U became big because it was forced until people thought it was funny
>>
>>78378167
Coming from someone who literally never goes to /tv/ and watched the movie on my own terms I think it's by far the weakest of the three. Honestly it's a fucking mess and it's the only one I've only watched once.
>>
>>78378167

>blaming TDKR being bad on /tv/ shitposters

I have never been on /tv/ and I have yet to finish watching TDKR.

I didn't see it in the movies because the movie before it left a bad enough taste in my mouth and to this day it sits in my netflix queue ready for me to continue watching at that god awful back and forth between Batman and Bane in an underground sewer bunker or some shit.

I can't believe a movie trying so hard to be gritty and realistic could fuck up a character as much as they fucked up Bane.
>>
File: Bill-Haters.jpg (124 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
Bill-Haters.jpg
124 KB, 500x500
>>78376751
The Unions are the real heroes.
>>
>>78376687
the first trailer.
>>
File: 1418946913951.gif (3 MB, 280x358) Image search: [Google]
1418946913951.gif
3 MB, 280x358
>>78378168
>became big
>>
>>78377712
The train scene was too obvious. That Jesus-metaphor was seriously cringeworthy.
>>
>>78379063
What?
>>
>>78376751
I liked it
>>
>>78379063
how tge fuck else is ge supposed to stop something like that

>waa this could be interpreted as religious

fuck off
>>
>>78378168
"People" never thought it was funny, just the "people" that were doing the forcing. Same thing happened with Man of Murder.
>>
>>78379063
It was actually a really cool scene and there's something seriously wrong with you. Please don't share your opinions again.
>>
>>78379269
Well logically he should have done it facing toward the train to avoid hurting his back as much as possible.
>>
>>78378095
>Spider-man taunting a criminal like an ass until cops show up? Nope
...Why the fuck would anyone even remotely familiar with Spider-man have a problem with this?
>>
>>78379689
For a lot of movie goers, the Raimi movies were the first major introduction to the character. That's why there's such a jarring separation in what people expect of Spider-Man compared to those who are familiar with the character from other media. It's also why people are ravenous about Raimi's movies despite how they were also pretty shitty. To them, that's the only Spider-Man.
>>
>>78376687
Faggots still defend Ang Lee's Hulk which has HULK DOGS, I don't see why people can't defend this.
>>
>>78376751
I wanted to walk out of the theater at that point.
>>
>>78377891

The movie came out in 2004. Camera phones were just taking off then so they probably weren't even popular around the time they were writing the script
>>
Are there still many people out there that think the webb films are better than the raimi ones? ingnoring the nostalgia critic.
>>
>>78382049

I would put ASM1 ahead of SM3, but ASM2 is a fucking disaster almost on the level of Catwoman and far beneath any of the others.
>>
>>78378168
Fuck you, it was moot last wish.
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.