[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Samurai Jack
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4
File: samurai-jack-vs-aku.jpg (81 KB, 1313x712) Image search: [Google]
samurai-jack-vs-aku.jpg
81 KB, 1313x712
In light of the new Samurai Jack series coming out soon I have started re-watching Samurai Jack.

Samurai Jack thread?

Any problems? Nostalgia? Artistic genius?
>>
File: LONG AGO IN A DISTANT LAND.png (444 KB, 636x436) Image search: [Google]
LONG AGO IN A DISTANT LAND.png
444 KB, 636x436
LONG AGO IN A DISTANT LAND
>>
I, Aku, the shape-shifting master of Darkness
>>
> In the original opening episode of SJ we see the world before Aku
> All the races live separately, pursuing their own civilizations in peace and harmony
> The bad future, ruled by Aku, is a degenerate capitalist society of mixed races with open borders allowing unlimited immigration of aliens
>>
Main complaint is that the episodes didn't have enough continuity.
>>
>>78374902
>mixed races with open borders
there was aonly one civilization/society/culture and that was Aku. No one was an alien because all nations were part of the United Territories of Aku
>>
I have two major problems:
1. The speed of the show is weird. For example, the creators spent way too much time showing Jack kill the horde of minions in the beginning (while helping dogs). Or they would show Jack putting on a pair of sandals for 7 minutes.

2. Jack never finishes the job. He has had Aku almost four times, and then Aku hops off like as a frog or someshit. "JACK, you have been running around a strange, scary world for a few years now. Chase after the fucking rabbit for some minutes! At least, you don't have to deal with future Aku."

>>78374931
>continuity.
Example?
>>
Aku is literally the best villain of all times.
Prove ne wrong.
>>
Everything is a god damn robot
>>
>>78375248
>For example, the creators spent way too much time showing Jack kill the horde of minions in the beginning (while helping dogs). Or they would show Jack putting on a pair of sandals for 7 minutes.
That's actually one of my favorite things about the show.
>>
>>78375277
Entertaining but he's a shitty dictator the fact despite him ruling earth heroes/god still existed that can fight him just like scotsman and the elemental goddesses
>>
>>78375296
I always found this complaint weird.
Jack kills non-robots all the time, only thing is they don't show blood when he does, making them fall off a cliff or disappear in a puff of smoke in the middle of an explosion and stuff like that.
>>
>>78375277
He faces Jack personally. When Jack has a sword that cannot harm him and only evil.

>>78375322
I'm glad you like it. There's alot of it.

>>78375296
Agreed. If it's cut open, there will definitely be wires.
>>
>>78374902
I've honestly been about something similar to this, was it ever specifically said how far into the future jack was sent? because if it was only about a thousand years then that means that Aku's rule advanced humanity to intergalactic travel sometime before 2000 AD most likely.
>>
>>78375534
When jack meets the shaolin monks the master states how old he is and how old he was when he met jack, so if you watch that you'll probably know.
>>
>>78374429
Show was great. It had one of the most memorable single episodes of any show (for me), where he was trapped in a house of shadow with a doppelgänger him, and when sunrise came he turned the tables by using the sunlight as his way to hide (he poked holes everywhere to let rays in) and used his kimono as a ninja suit to better hide in the light
>>
Fuck this episode.

Fuck it hard.
>>
>>78375248
you see Anon, there are these things called Mood and pacing. Along with other tools they are used to project an emotional response out of the audience. slower paced sequences are there to show detail or tranquility or even tension. while faster paced events are more exciting
They also work off each other, the fast parts feel faster because of the slow parts and vicea versa
>>
>>78376621
Wasn't that a good episode?

Shit got really artsy towards the end
>>
>>78375248
>1. The speed of the show is weird. For example, the creators spent way too much time showing Jack kill the horde of minions in the beginning (while helping dogs). Or they would show Jack putting on a pair of sandals for 7 minutes.
That was kind of the point. It was supposed to have several moments of immersion/reflection, like a haiku in motion. The show was never about plot.
>>
>>78378847
It probably just scared babby anon
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.