[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What...what is this? Also this show fucking sucks.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 5
File: Why.jpg (15 KB, 371x537) Image search: [Google]
Why.jpg
15 KB, 371x537
What...what is this? Also this show fucking sucks.
>>
Yeah I don't know why he's wearing diapers. He looks 8
>>
The whole 'set in 1973' thing is just a gimmick.

The show fails to differentiate itself from every other raunchy adult sitcom made in the past 20 years. It's FG with a different set of paint.
>>
>>78373485
It literally is. The designs in this show are so bland Bill Burr's characters design is essentially skinny Peter Griffin.
>>
File: 1418968044467.jpg (17 KB, 400x299) Image search: [Google]
1418968044467.jpg
17 KB, 400x299
>>78373543
>mentally handicap man working in brewery
>insanely angry man working in an air port
>no stupid talking animal, alien or some thing unrealistic
EXACTLY THE SAME
>>
>im trying to sleep!

>THEN CLOSE YOUR FUCKING EYES AND SHUT UP
>>
>>78373650
Design wise they're pretty similar. But I'm just getting tired of the raunchy animated family sitcom.
>>
I like Bill Burr's character. An actual realistic dad character for once.

I WILL PUT YOU THROUGH THAT FUCKING WALL
>>
>>78373650
You're comparing season 1 of this show to season 7 or 8 of FG.

Compare it to pre-cancellation FG before the writers turned every character in a grotesque caricature.

F is for family constrains itself within its own self imposed limitations and fails to even attempt anything new or interesting.
>>
>>78373386
I liked it, but didn't understand the kid in diapers either.
>>
>>78373690
its raunchy yes, but its also abruptly surprising.
when they started having sex with the youngest son hiding in the room i cringed a little, but a new kind of cringe.
>>78373712
just type in caps if your quoting frank
>>
the family dog has a lot in common with peter from FG
>>
>>78373650
>Dad who blames everyone else for his problems
>Extremely oversexed neighbor
>Shits on children and is unreasonably rude just because they are in his way, except to the youngest one because too young to be a problem lol
>"Hot wife" who wants to be a good parent but is for the most part just a side character with no personality
>Shit father, wife, 3 kids, and a pet
>Has nice moments but the jokes are so boring
>>
>>78373810
It really doesn't do anything new or different than Family Guy, King of the Hil, or South Park other than the fact that they are free to say fuck. It's boring, the characters are unlikable, and the designs of the characters look like they were all made in 10 minutes.
>>
File: thecritic_4360[1].jpg (79 KB, 300x279) Image search: [Google]
thecritic_4360[1].jpg
79 KB, 300x279
>>78373865
The neighbor made me think of the one guy from The Critic.
>>
have none of you every watch married with children? frank is a sad trapped man, the oldest is mad because he has siblings to contend with for attention.

its more like Malcolm in the middle more then any thing

YOU CANT JUST FAMILY GUY OUT OF YOUR ASS AND CALL IT FUCKING SUN SHINE!
>>
File: 1448077319834.png (313 KB, 479x349) Image search: [Google]
1448077319834.png
313 KB, 479x349
When "Dilbert" the animated series, a show born out of a syndicated comic strip, is less formulaic than your animated comedy you're doing something wrong.
>>
>>78374129
Yeah, its actually pretty realistic when it comes to the characters. Frank is great, he reminds me of my grandad.
>>
>>78373386
That's what we call poor trailer trash. If you didn't know at least one fucked up little kid running around in a diaper while growing up, this show might not make much sense to you.
>>
>>78373712
what's for diner?

MORE FREE FOOD
>>
>>78374097
Holy shit the Dad is the owner of the Airline.
>>
>>78375230
This.
Watching TV sure is hard for sheltered kids.
>>
>>78377619
It is actually. You people actually imitate the stuff you see on the media.
>>
>>78373386
It's a miserable show. On one level, it's "hey, look at the stupid beliefs and outright delusions that made your parents miserable and/or assholes," but then it forgot to be enjoyable in any way.

I sympathize with the older son. The dad is a complete cocksucker.
>>
>>78377850
God, dang it, Bobby. What did I tell you about using the internet to spread that god forsaken new age hug and share nonsense?
>>
The scene where the wife sits at home with a minute to herself and starts to cry hysterically while her makeup runs and she screams into a bowl and then the dog starts to hump her leg and she can't even get him to stop.
Her life is so fucking empty that if she isn't distracted by its drudgery she can't take it. And the dog is just hammering it home to her that she has nothing in her life but getting fucked and making kids. Shes nothing and she cant hide from it.
That shit was so fucking real.

Or when the middle kid gets trapped under the bed and has to listen to his parents scream at each other and then he can't get away as they fuck. He will know forever what his parents said about him and his siblings it will never go away. and then he had to be there when they just fucked like animals and its fucking disgusting especially since hes a kid, but some how they are comforting each other and it shows that even in that fucking shitty place there is love? maybe? the hope of something more.

That sort of shit is what makes this NOT a family guy.
>>
>>78378010
In all seriousness, we the audience get to see every lie the adults tell themselves, and we see where it got them in life.

The dad is an angry fuck-up who is toxic to his family and the mother is a desperate mess, who at least has the emotional strength to hide her misery from the kids.
>>
>>78378077
It's a real down to Earth show. It's not as brutal as you make it seem though. He's not really a fuckup and his wife isn't really a mess.
>>
>>78378133
Going backwards a bit, the dad is a complete cocksucker. He is basically the house nigger of the airline owner, he lives this version of "masculinity" that involves sucking up to his superiors, and then at home he throws around his ego like he's the big man.

I almost feel sorry for him.
>>
>>78378183
that's how most american fathers are
>>
>>78374144

I haven't watched this show (I might now, it just looked so generic) but the Dilbert series was fucking awesome.
>>
>>78374144
Dilbert had Larry Charles writing it. The Simpsons would be nothing either if the writers were bad in it's prime. Don't think about it too hard.
>>
File: 1425778160757.jpg (10 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
1425778160757.jpg
10 KB, 225x225
>>78373386
I mean I don't expect much from a show that has Vince Vaughn as an executive producer.
>>
Sounds like everyone in this thread needs to be put through a fucking wall
>>
This show is basically my family. Dad, mom, the kids, shit. Kinda of rough for me to watch.
>>
>>78378054
Or fuck when the oldest is tripping balls and remembers the happy times looking at that album cover.

I actually had a few tears come out.
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.