[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Worst retcons
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
File: Hoyt.jpg (5 KB, 141x166) Image search: [Google]
Hoyt.jpg
5 KB, 141x166
>Luanne's dad wasn't away working on an oil rig to get away from his crazy wife, he was in prison
>>
It's not a good episode, but I think they mentioned that Peggy was using "the oil rig" as a cover for prison, so the writers were at least aware of the backstory they were changing.

King of the Hill does that a lot: it simultaneously acknowledges some obscure thing from a much earlier episode and either deliberately or accidentally retcons it anyway.
>>
>>78370326
Isn't that pretty typical though? Shit heaps tend to gravitate towards one another.
>>
>>78370326
>Retcons that are utterly innocuous and mean nothing.
>>
That actually worked very well. The oil rig was a funny idea, yes, but this was much more realistic and fit in with the themes King of the Hill worked with.
>>
>>78370750
>>78370436
>not getting satire.
>>
>>78370812
I've legit seen people bitch about this very change, so that's pretty weak if so
>>
They retconned Peggys mom as well.
>>
>Harley Quinn wasn't actually a smart person, she just fucked her way through college

to be fair this retcon was done by Dini and Timm themselves but I think it kinda messed up the "High-minded moral person corrupted by Joker" characterization she had going before
>>
>>78370326

Peggy's mom was the worst retcon. At least Luanne's dad was somewhat plausible.
>>
>>78370610
>Isn't that pretty typical though? Shit heaps tend to gravitate towards one another.

This.

Pretty much.

Two types of people tend to hook up with human garbage: other human garbage and super dependent low self esteem people who realize that they are hooking up with human trash.
>>
>years of Hulk comics don't happen just because
>The Professor is the perfect Hulk and not just a fake personality made by Samson
I hope PAD doesn't get a third Hulk run
>>
>>78371209
It's possible that Harley actually was smart and just hated the idea of having to put in years of work before getting recognition and accolades when there was a quicker method available.

It explains why she decided her first patient should be the fucking Joker. She wanted to become a famous successful psychologist as soon as fucking possible.
>>
>>78371855
i totally get that but

>"Upstanding Moral Bleeding-Heart gets twisted and corrupted by Joker to become psycho supervillain"

is way more interesting and trag than

>"Slutty Opportunist With Loose Morals and Lust for Power joins up with Joker and becomes psycho supervillain"

I mean, I know it's not a huge difference but it changes the character in a significant way
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.