[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Whatever happened to Youtube animators? Are they not a thing anymore?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: Skwigly.jpg (341 KB, 1000x556) Image search: [Google]
Skwigly.jpg
341 KB, 1000x556
Whatever happened to Youtube animators? Are they not a thing anymore?
>>
>>78364522
YouTube changed how monitization worked to curb the reply-girl scourge way back when. They did that by paying by total time watched instead of percentage of the video watched. People started to make bank on videos they could make long and make quickly, such as lets plays. Animation is a time consuming process, and unless you get really big it won't put food on the table.
>>
>>78364522
Original thought doesn't belong on YouTube, just videotape yourself making noises and faces while watching something someone smarter than you made
>>
>>78364725

That sucks, Youtube needs a better algorithm. Also why does it seem like the west hates animated stuff? And when they do fund animated stuff, it's always Calart hipsters getting this treatment. It's really messed up.
>>
>>78364769

I guess that explains Egoraptor. Scratch that, he's dead and what we got is Arin "I'm a faggot, look at my fat ayy lmao wife" Hanson.
>>
File: photo.jpg (69 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
photo.jpg
69 KB, 900x900
How does /co/ feel about the funny internet animator Arin "Egoraptor" Hanson?
>>
>>78364995
I feel nothing
>>
>>78364995
murderous impulses
>>
David Firth said he's never coming back to Youtube and talks with a lot of disgust about the site.
Zach and Chris O'neil are also out of that boat. They are making a new Hellbenders episode but it won't be on youtube.
Egoraptor found that good gaming money and doesn't need to do shit anymore for his entire life.
>>
>>78364995
>animator
>>
The sleepycabin guys expalin the whole thing pretty well on their podcast.
>>
>>78364522
>youtube animators

Nigga you mean Newgrounds animators

>What happened to them

Youtube
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.