[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Man, Morrison's a fucking genius. You see Marvel is more
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3
File: g3.jpg (61 KB, 576x768) Image search: [Google]
g3.jpg
61 KB, 576x768
Man, Morrison's a fucking genius. You see Marvel is more known for their runs while DC's more known for their graphic novels. And Morrison explored different tastes for each company. His work at Marvel are more graphic novelish while his DC work are mostly story arcs - runs.

Can we have a moment to appreciate his work?
>>
>>78361271
i am still fucking salty like a motherfucker that he never got to finish his X-men work
>>
I wonder what it would be like to read a morrison book he wrote sober...
>>
>>78361271

He is the GOAT certainly. He's done incredible work for both, but the New X-Men run is longer than a graphic novel format. Maybe a really long one. He really got that team.

His current Klaus is really promising, great so far. Nameless has been insane and I'm starting to feel like the final issue will never drop...
>>
>>78361303

So, pretty much all of em?
>>
>>78361292
It's too bad he had such a falling out with Bill Jemas, he might still be at Marvel today. I'm sure he'll go back someday since Jemas is long gone.
>>
>>78361332
Woah, woah, hey, this is a Marvel and DC thread. Get that indie shit outta here.
>>
>>78361271
That's a pretty gnarly scar, anyone know what surgery it was?

>>78361292
>>78361356
His X-Men work was so great, I'd love to see him come back to Marvel.
Probably never gonna happen now that he's the bigwig at Heavy Metal.

What'd you guys think of the E is for Extinction mini? I thought it was a pretty great homage to Morrison's work with the X-Men.
>>
>>78361490
>What'd you guys think of the E is for Extinction mini? I thought it was a pretty great homage to Morrison's work with the X-Men.

Agreed, much better than I expected and as you said, a loving homage to that run, in tone, characters, and art.
>>
File: 1440581320226.png (447 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1440581320226.png
447 KB, 640x480
>he will never write Flash again
>>
Any information about his long-lost Spidey work? Also he'd perfectly fucking fit for a Sentry book.
>>
>>78361543
>Morrison writes American Miracleman
I don't think, I mean, I don't know if we could handle it. Slap a Max imprint on it and I'm sold.
He's said he'd love to write a Captain Marvel ongoing for DC, but DC doesn't like fun, so that's not happening.
>>
>>78361490
I was genuinely surprised that a non-morrison/busiek/moore/(insert other famous writer here) written comic with subtext and legitimate themes and symbolism could still exist in modern times

Also Ramon Villalobos is an amazing artist and is a worthy replacement to Quitely's work
>>
>>78361332
It's confirmed for tomorrow.
>>
File: 90168.jpg (65 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
90168.jpg
65 KB, 500x500
>>78362106

Oh dear.
>>
>>78361490

Appendix. Mentioned briefly in Supergods.
>>
>>78361522
But he is
>>
>>78361490
Started out with promise but the end was anticlimatic and like the editorial wanted to kill Cyclops and Emma
>>78361586
Hi Ramon!
Your art sucks
>>
>>78361271
That's an ugly as fuck McBurney incision scar.

Grant must have had the worst general surgeon in Scotland
>>
>>78366368
he did it himself after downing a bottle of tequila
>>
>>78366556
That sounds about right
>>
I hope he never writes for Marvel ever again
>>
>>78366556

>implying it wasn't ayyliens
>>
>>78361271
Is he the best of the Edgy British Invasion writers at writing mainstream superhero comics?

Not that there's much competition because so many of the other British Invasion writers aren't really cape writers. Alan Moore's only long run on a DC book was Swamp Thing and he turned down the offer to write a Superman ongoing. Gaiman isn't a superhero writer really, Ennis doesn't like superheroes, etc.

Starting with JLA Morrison consciously tried to adapt his style so he could handle a mainstream monthly superhero book (he originally wanted to do Teen Titans but had to settle for JLA). Maybe other writers could write Justice League, X-Men, Batman, Superman but he's the only one who does.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.