[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Lost media
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 17
File: lost media.png (147 KB, 817x189) Image search: [Google]
lost media.png
147 KB, 817x189
What piece of media can we try to find as a group?
>>
A Day With Springboob Squirepin: The Film
>>
>>78343315
No not this shit again it didn't work no.
>>
>>78343315

I find it really funny how long we took trying to find this film only to figure out that this film was an actual scam and never existed.
>>
>>78342664
We already did. Legend of McDonaldLand Loch.
>>
File: Heyheyhey.jpg (524 KB, 1143x1500) Image search: [Google]
Heyheyhey.jpg
524 KB, 1143x1500
>>78342664
The lost Fat Albert special from 1969. Made a few years before the Filmation series.

Supposedly a copy is held by the Paley Center, but no one has seen it in decades.
>>
File: HTD_11_9_77.jpg (2 MB, 2877x1017) Image search: [Google]
HTD_11_9_77.jpg
2 MB, 2877x1017
The Steve Gerber Howard the Duck newspaper comics? He did like five stories at the top of his game that never got reprinted.
>>
>>78343333
Except we found it does exist but was never released. Hell we even found people that worked on the project. It's just a matter of finding someone willing to leak it.
>>
I've always wanted to hear the audio from that Teen Titans drug PSA, but I don't have high hopes of it still existing
>>
>tfw some things are lost forever and will never be found
>>
>>78346284
>>78346388
I think everything exists somewhere.
Except stuff from like the 1800s or earlier those are lost forever.
>>
>>78346402
I agree to an extent, but even relatively modern things are lost due to negligence or nobody really caring enough to save/record them. Like 3/4 of My Life Me is currenly lost despite airing 2 years ago.
>>
>>78342664
I'm still looking to complete the Pepper Ann series with English dub or German dub if all else fails. I know Sadarax on Kametsu managed to finally gather a completed version of seasons 1 and 2. But not all in English....
>>
>>78347375
>complete the Pepper Ann series with English dub
>with English dub
>>
>>78346554
Well at least we know that show was probably shit.
>>
Remember when we tried to search Rude Removal and then Reddit took all the credit? Fuck that noise.
>>
File: 1376882650217.jpg (94 KB, 419x338) Image search: [Google]
1376882650217.jpg
94 KB, 419x338
Before Jimmy Neutron came out, there were promotional things where he's show up in the corner of the screen when another show was on and use some device to change things, like flipping the image upside-down. There was a scene in the Hooky episode of Spongebob where he replaced the characters with puppets. This pic is the only thing from it that I can find.
>>
There are a ton of missing films but I doubt /tv/ could actually get itself together to find something and work as a team.
>>
>>78350842
>There are a ton of missing films
Return to Babylon is the only one off the top of my head, any notable examples?
>>
>>78350951
London After Midnight
>>
>>78344705
Fuck off.
>>
>>78350951
Oh well let's see
At least a hundred adaptations of the novel "Les Misérables" for instance.
The original "The Time Machine" tv movie from 1949.
The Miracle Man and a ton of other Chaney films.
Actually:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_lost_films
There are some not on this list of course.
>>
File: 6cb15a6c9f.png (29 KB, 602x565) Image search: [Google]
6cb15a6c9f.png
29 KB, 602x565
>>78347375
Wow, I figured BtN would have it, since they're usually comprehensive

Why is this so unfinished?
>>
>>78350951
Is Return to Babylon lost?
I know there are rumours it's haunted but I didn't know it was lost.
>>
>>78351034
LOTS of Disney Saturday morning cartoons from the late 90s and early 2000s never made their way to the internet. Disney's Doug, for example, has less than a third of its episodes online.

I think it's because nobody realized they were missing until it was too late.
>>
>>78351114
It's a small miracle Fillmore! made it in its entirety.
>>
File: re.jpg (80 KB, 480x508) Image search: [Google]
re.jpg
80 KB, 480x508
>>78351114
>TFW i cant find more than like 3 episodes of Mr Rogers Neighborhood for download

i just wanna be comfy
>>
What about penguins behind bars? I can't find that shit anywhere.
>>
What about obscure shit like the "Simpsons"?
>>
>>78351180
You just made that up.
>>
>>78351151
Is it possible to rip video from Amazon Prime? There's a fuckton of Mr. Rogers Neighborhood episodes on there.
>>
>>78351074
I've read it's never made it to distribution and there are countless people in the local horror scene looking for a copy. If there's even a digital copy somewhere on the internet it'd be cool to watch.
>>
File: weird answer kommand.jpg (13 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
weird answer kommand.jpg
13 KB, 480x360
Weird Answer Kommand was a series of Nickelodeon shorts that ran on Nick from 1990 to at least somewhere around 2001-2002.

Three shorts were produced and I can only find two: the wrestling one and the infamous potato chips one. The third one, which centered around hair loss, has not been found as far as I know. I think this is because out of all the three shorts, it was aired very rarely for some reason (I remember only seeing it twice).
>>
File: key.jpg (39 KB, 444x326) Image search: [Google]
key.jpg
39 KB, 444x326
>>78351226
i dont know but i sure aint gonna screen record it

i hope so
>>
>>78346554
beyond that, even somewhat popular media will eventually fall to extinction, or something very close to it. Shows that are somewhat popular but never really took off will eventually stop being shared, and physical media may never exist for them.

Sym-bionic titan for instance has a semi popular following still, but was written off for taxes so any new fans will be mostly folk who here about it due to Genndy's other works. Within a few decades it may be impossible to find.
>>
File: EssayAnnex_MissingCoach4.jpg (31 KB, 363x224) Image search: [Google]
EssayAnnex_MissingCoach4.jpg
31 KB, 363x224
>there's not enough people in the world that give a collective enough shit to find the unfinished Thomas the Tank Engine episode, The Missing Coach
>>
>>78351034
btn? link?
>>
File: The Invasion.jpg (72 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
The Invasion.jpg
72 KB, 640x480
>>78346402
>>78346554
There are around 97 episodes of Doctor Who that are missing and still haven't been found in the 40 years since the BBC fucked up everything by destroying the master tapes for half the Hartnell and Troughton episodes, recording over them or outright burning the damn things.

Some of them pop up every now and then, copies found in all manner of places like relay stations in Nigeria and Hong Kong or someone's attic. But after thirty to forty years of searching there are still 97 missing, and at this point it's doubtful even half of those will ever be recovered.

Pic related. The actual episodes one and four of Troughton's serial The Invasion are still missing, however the BBC were able to reconstruct them using flash animation and an audio track cobbled together from decades old audio recordings taken by fans. They've managed to salvage four other incomplete serials this way.
>>
>>78351540
All of those at least have audio that survived, don't they?
>>
>>78351540
Were they ever released on any medium? I know my local comic store has a bunch of Doctor Who serials on Audio CD.
>>
File: disco_by_simonda-d3cvn23.jpg (60 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
disco_by_simonda-d3cvn23.jpg
60 KB, 600x600
>>78351034
I haven't been able to get an invite to BTN. There are a few episodes listed there I would love to get to further work on completing the series.

In particular I'd love to get:

s04e03 "Pepper Shaker / Flaw and Order"
s04e04 "Baggy Bean Buddies / The Beans of Wrath"

Getting the others in high quality would be great, but those are currently missing from the publicly available collection.

>>78351540
Didn't they find like 30 or 40 missing episodes about a year ago, stashed in some backroom in a derelict government building in Africa somewhere?
>>
File: HAFAG.jpg (123 KB, 540x568) Image search: [Google]
HAFAG.jpg
123 KB, 540x568
>>78344705
>tripfag being a fag
>>
>>78351694
Not necessarily. Some of them do, and those have been released on CD, but as far as I'm aware it's not all of them. Again, episodes like The Invasion had to be reconstructed using recordings from the fans. On that note apparently back then with home video not being a thing, a lot of the more devoted fans would rig up a microphone to their TV set and record the episode that way.
>>78351727
Like I said, some of them have been released on CD but what you found were probably the modern full cast audio dramas done by Big Finish Productions which are similar in execution.
>>
Splat!: a Canadian doco series on animation

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8zlliwh085I
>>
>>78351540
what's with people destroying tapes or never taking care of them
>>
>>78352645
It was the 1960s and 1970s, in a government building. They had limited storage space because each episode took up a large reel of film or more. They kept the episodes for about 10 years and then when they needed space, they trashed them.

Not smart, but practical, for all its shortsightedness.
>>
>>78351850
They found only a single complete serial and several (but not all) of another serial from the second Doctor's run that had been lost.
>>
>>78352140
>Like I said, some of them have been released on CD but what you found were probably the modern full cast audio dramas done by Big Finish Productions which are similar in execution.
Yeah, those look like the ones I found. Thanks for looking into it.
>>
>>78352750
>>78352645
To top it off they actually established a proper archive for this shit shortly after the Doctor Who episodes were trashed. Unfortunately it looks like they've stopped doing the animated reconstructions too, since their last lost episode release, The Web of Fear, had its missing episode put together from stills instead.
>>78352795
I didn't look into it so much as I already owned several Big Finish audios. They're good stuff.
>>
>>78352888
Web of Fear only had a still based missing episode because they rushed the serial to DVD to cash in on it's discovery (same with the one that was found complete).

Supposedly they were indeed going to halt doing animated reconstuctions, but now that they have finished releasing to DVD all known complete serials, they have stated they will resume it, since it's the only way to keep getting more DVD income.
>>
Is it still impossible to find Whatever Happened To Robot Jones with the original voice?
>>
>>78351366
There are enough people who would give a shit. It's just that we're all autistic in the extreme and far too socially anxious to get in contact with the people who might have it, especially now that David Mitton (who said he was in possession of the footage) is dead. That's assuming his family haven't thrown them out or put them in storage to degrade.
>>
I have a copy of The Star Wars Holiday Special that is apparently super high quality.
I can't actually play it and tell though because:
A. The video is too big.
B. My dad (who swiped it from his job) says it has some copy protection. I can't see anything though.
>>
I'd do anything to get my hands on better quality versions of Super Robot Monkey Team Hyperforce Go!

The only copies available anywhere on the internet are some low-q recordings, most of which have been ripped and re-uploaded multiple times.

I found some that seem to be the original recordings, but they're still pretty bad.

Supposedly the series was on iTunes back in 2006, but I've been unsuccessful in finding any rips of that, if they even exist.
>>
Let's find the 3 extra episodes of Chozen please.
>>
How do people find lost shit anyways? Doesn't make sense
>>
Still hoping for The Electric Piper. I remember some anon or two emailed about it some months ago and got a positive response, but it never went anywhere.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lHlqI7DiEm4
>>
>>78350366
I remember this a child, it freaked me the fuck out to suddenly see my cartoons being augmented.
>>
>>78358402
Generally a combination of contacting people who might have it and raising awareness so that people know to look through their old tapes.

Except Dr. Who, where you have to fly to Africa and risk get kidnapped by native savages to find episodes.
>>
>>78350366
I remember those. The film came out the day before my ninth birthday. There was one where he blew up the logo like a bubble and one where the image spun around.
>>
>>78352971
the missing Web of Fear episode was actually with the remaining batch when it was initially found, it was however lost/stolen before being shipped to Britain.
Super-depressing.
>>
I'm so sad this show is available neither in good quality nor with the original dub with the synthetic voice for Jones
Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 17

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.