[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is the general consensus on this episode? I thought it made
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 5
What is the general consensus on this episode? I thought it made fun of The Simpsons in ways The Simpsons never could.
>>
The rape "joak" was incredibly funny and offensive like most of Family Guy's edgy humor. Having Family Guy staff write lines for the Simpsons characters didn't go well either.
>>
>>78340927
unfunny*
>>
>>78340927
>>78340964
>The rape "joak" was incredibly unfunny and offensive

A lot of people on Jezebel and other feminist blogs thought so too. Apparently Bart looking at Stewie after he says this and giving a "wtf" face wasn't enough context, and these people still think Family Guy was encouraging rape.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wrETKeOGTgA

Joke's in here. I'm done explaining jokes to people.
>>
>>78340889
I didn't hate it, but then again I went into it with absolutely no hopes or expectations
>>
>>78340986

Kinda my view on it. It was modern Simpsons and modern Family Guy. It was entertaining. Ending was drawn out though. It honestly worked well, I couldn't really tell what show I was watching because they blended the characters well.. or maybe because they didn't realy do a lot with them.
>>
I didn't watch the episode but I have a bone to pick with your locution.

>What is the general consensus

Are you so daft that you have to run to run your opinions by an imaginary 4chan hivemind? There is no general consensus about anything. You can't even say "4chan is better than reddit" without a vocal ledditor crossposter objecting. Think for yourself bozo. The sheer weight of popular opinion doesn't really count for anything. TBBT is the most popular network comedy, but that doesn't mean it's good. Adele sells more CDs than anyone, but that doesn't mean she's good.

Board quality sinks when posters fall in line to an imaginary board consensus and vehemently attack anything that isn't approved by the board tastemakers.
>>
File: simpson_homer_high.gif (798 KB, 267x200) Image search: [Google]
simpson_homer_high.gif
798 KB, 267x200
>>78341085
I-I was just curious as to what other people thought on the episode. I thought I could discuss the episode with my friends in /co/ and gather their thoughts on it as well. I'm sorry, please forgive me!

>Holy fuck that's a lot of assumptions
>>
>>78340889
never watched it, probably never will
>>
>>78340889
Didn't watch it, I'm pretty sure most people thought it was decent, above-average for your modern Family Guy/Simpsons episode.
>>
My only problem with current Family Guy is they are trying to make it into a drama and taking the sitcom genre seriously with the stories. They think people are watching for the stories rather than the gags, and this season there has been way less cutaway gags (which isnt bad, but there's been TOO few) and more focus on stories nobody gives a shit about.
>>
>>78340964
Do you get mad pussy at feminist zine readings, or is there literally no point to your shilling?
>>
It was par for the course as far as Zombie Simpsons are concerned, I guess. The Chicken Fight against Homer seemed like it went on for way too long, and there wasn't nearly enough Marge-on-Lois action.
>>
>>78340985
A lot of people on /co/ freaked out about it too.

First when there was a clip on youtube and then again when it actually aired. I remembered multiple threads about it.
>>
Easily the best episode either series has come out with in a very long time.

Overall: 5/10
>>
>>78341338
Of course /co/mblr freaked out about it.
>>
>>78341481
triggered?
>>
>>78341481
>/co/mblr
Hey, buddy, you maybe wanna stop shadow boxing that spooky SJW boogeyman for a second and explain to me how Stewie telling Moe "I hope your sister gets raped" is supposed to be funny?
I'm all for a good rape joke, but remember the keyword; joke.
>>
>>78341085
I believe you're overthinking some random anon asking others for opinions and discussion.
>>
>>78341595
yes he is
>>78341550
>>
>>78340889
It was too much Family Guy to be funny.
>>
File: maxresdefault (3).jpg (71 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (3).jpg
71 KB, 1280x720
>>78340927
>>78340985
It makes you notice that one of the main differences between both shows is that, when somebody says something awful in The Simpsons, they have a compleatly natural reaction to that (e.g. Meg showing Lisa her cutted arm-wrist).
But in Family Guy, that don't give a single fuck about the things they say.
Also, Marge and Lois had a very poor interaction
>>
>>78340985
Rape is never a laughing matter? Fuck these sons and daughters of bitches. They always laugh at jokes of male characters being raped even in KID SHOWS. Fuck them and their double-standards.

On a separate note these moronic parents think that Family Guy and The Simpsons are for kids? People like this should be sterilized. Why is it that the most undeserving of reproduction are the ones doing it? They really need to start testing people for the right to reproduce as being fertile/virile is not enough. Any attempt to conceive without legal approval ends with a healthy punishment, spay/neuter.
>>
>>78340985
Why was there no uproar about the many instances when Peter was raped?
>>
>>78341748
Are you being serious or is this just blindly hating FG because /co/ did to hate it?

Honestly the two jokes I remember getting a chuckle out of were delivered by Stewie and Peter.
>Meg, Chris, Brian, Peter and Lois all gawking at a rack of donuts
>Stewie: Have you never seen a donut before?

>Homer starts throwing Emmys from a wall full of them at Peter
>Peter: Ah no fair, I don't have any of those.
>>
>>78341908
I'm serious. FG was never funny. The same way Robot Chicken was never funny. New Simpson have a different kind of shit humor. This episodes was basicly the worst of both worlds.
>>
>>78341803
There's no uproar when men are raped because we don't make an uproar over it. We take it as what it is, a joke. Plus, not to tip my fedora too hard but men in general are much MUCH more resilient to being made fun of, the second a woman gets offended by bring the butt of a joke they have a fucking panic attack over it.

>>78341777
Don't you know anon? It's animated so it MUST be for kids!
On a serious note, I remember reading somewhere that in one episode of FG, with Peter buying a retarded horse, Stewie mistakenly put horse semen in his cereal confusing it with milk only to continue eating once he found out it was spunk, and apparently the FCC or adult swim got a fucktillion complaints about the joke from pissed off moms.

WOW, WHO WOULD'VE GUESSED A SHOW ON ADULT FUCKING SWIM ISN'T SUITABLE FOR CHILDREN?
>>
>>78341595

I thought it was funny because it was over the top compared to what Bart said. That's it, it's not a joke with a punchline that needs an autismal explanation.
>>
>>78340889
It was an awful waste of an opportunity
>>
File: 1447298139574.png (334 KB, 854x477) Image search: [Google]
1447298139574.png
334 KB, 854x477
I'm glad Family Guy writers wrote it. I honestly don't think Zombie Simpsons crew could ever write Family Guy characters, but I wouldn't say the same vice versa
>>
>>78342257
The main problem is that anytime a joke about a woman is made, it's seen as an insult on the entire gender. Call one woman a bitch and thus you're calling all women bitches.
>>
>>78341749
This. The best jokes in the special came from the contrast between the worlds of The Simpsons and Family Guy. "Good thing we don't have any cats." was my biggest laugh.
>>
>>78340889
Overhyped.
It was... ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.
6/10 episode.
>>
>>78341595

Its funny because he does it wrong. Like when a guy tries to drive a car but cant. Or slips on a banana. Its just doing something wrong but they think they are doing it right. Thats the joke.
>>
>>78341749
>Also, Marge and Lois had a very poor interaction

No shit, Julie Kavner sounded like she read her lines over the phone in like two seconds.
>>
File: op sweat smile.png (201 KB, 410x530) Image search: [Google]
op sweat smile.png
201 KB, 410x530
>>78340985
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=knIroVvPZU4
duckman rant makes more sense as time goes on.
>>
It was Family Guy feat. The Simpsons. Family Guy is the worse of two evils but is more popular and Simpsons needed something to churn in some viewers.
>>
It was ok. Had a few decent jokes, the art styles blended together better than the times they've made fun of each other and I liked the interaction between Homer and Peter.

That said the fact it was a Family Guy did make the special feel uneven, the first few minutes before they got to Springfield was just like any other Family Guy episode and I'm still disappointed they didn't do some kind of intro swap.
>>
>>78344458
That's why I like re-watching it every now and then. It was a great show.
>>
Worst chicken fight ever...
>>
>>78340889
I'll be honest, I liked it
>>
>>78344458
>implying that family guy itself isn't childish mush but with edgy spices to make you think it's pushing the envelope rather than actual expressing creative thoughts in an entertaining fashion.
>>
>>78340889
It just felt weird, because for as bad as Famly Guy is, Simpsons has lost so much of its edge over the years. It's like one of those terrible comedy movies where a fresh face teams up with a grandpa that was legendary once.
>>
>>78340889
It was really strange. The whole episode was just a big "HEY, GET IT? THIS IS THE JOKE, IT'S WHAT WE'RE SAYING RIGHT NOW! THAT'S THE JOKE!" and it... just wasn't appealing.
>>
I think this is the first time in the Simpsons we ever saw a loli's butt.
>>
>>78340889
it was surprisingly funny
>>
>>78342329
Women aren't individuals, they're herds.
>>
>>78348205
That is true. Generally, women who rebel or display too much individuality are chastised by society. Individuality is not as valued in women like it is for men.
>>
I enjoyed it aside from that one car wash scene.
>>
>>78348105
Where was that?
>>
>>78348614
That scene where the townspeople lose their clothes although it's a long shot and everyone looks really small.
>>
>>78341085
Nigger, you're on a fucking comics and cartoons discussion imageboard. People come here to discuss comics and cartoons. Asking for other people's opinions on comics and cartoon is the reason this board exists.
Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.