[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>probably the most famous woman in comics >is nobodys waifu
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 10
>probably the most famous woman in comics
>is nobodys waifu

How?
>>
The fuck you talking about, anon? Diana is the only women I'd let spoon me.
>>
>>78337449
Been my waifu since she fucked up her own eyes to kill the gorgon.
>>
File: can't wake up.jpg (40 KB, 435x512) Image search: [Google]
can't wake up.jpg
40 KB, 435x512
>Finches still running the show on Diana's main book
>Sensation is still hit or miss, mostly miss
>BvS is going to be ass because Zack Snyder, of course it's going to be ass

I just want Wondy to be good.
>>
>>78337663
Earth ONE GN is still coming
>>
>>78337670
This. Based Grant will save us Dianafags
>>
>>78337449
She is everyones Waifu.
>>
File: tumblr_no5wnk6rhv1s3mlyto1_540.jpg (192 KB, 540x745) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_no5wnk6rhv1s3mlyto1_540.jpg
192 KB, 540x745
>implying this hard
>>
>>78337663
She's good in JL and LOWW and EO is coming as >>78337670 mentioned. Stop being a baby.
>>
>>78337449
she is too strong and independent for my misogynistic tastes
>>
She was Superman's waifu for a while but she wasn't good for him.
>>
>>78339861
only Im good enough for him
>>
>>78337663
Legend of Wonder Woman is good.

I want that writer and her husband on the main book instead of the Finches.
>>
Diana's whole schtick is too motherly so it sets off incest bells people that don't have an oedipal complex.
>>
Because she's too powerful. We respect her too much to make her a waifu.
>>
>>78337449
i would totally allow her to brake my pelvis with her pelvis
>>
>>78337449
We like a certain level of obscurity to our waifus so we can feel like special snowflakes - the waifu association
>>
File: Steve's waifu.jpg (57 KB, 500x287) Image search: [Google]
Steve's waifu.jpg
57 KB, 500x287
>>78339861
>waifu
>for a while

That's his mistake
>>
File: finchface.jpg (201 KB, 1019x574) Image search: [Google]
finchface.jpg
201 KB, 1019x574
>>78337449
No one is waifu material when they're drawn by Finch
>>
>>78337449
>>probably the most famous woman in comics

You just know Harley is taking that spot
>>
>>78340176
Selling more comics doesn't mean she's more famous
Her book sells more than Superman too
>>
>>78337449

She has no personality. She isn't allowed to have one, to be perfect she must be all things to all people. ie - boring.

There was a scene in the old West Wing tv show where the president made a comment that he didn't like green beans and his poll numbers plummeted in Oregon because farmers got pissy that the pres didn't like what they grew. The president wasn't allowed to be a person with likes and dislikes, he must love everything and no room for any personality conflict be allowed to exist.

Thats Warner Brothers' Wonder Woman for you. Nothing distinguishable because nothing is allowed to be distinguishable. There are one-shot characters in DC that have more personality than WW.
>>
>>78337663
But Zach is fucking incredible and will give us the god damn epic bad fucking ass Diana we deserve!
>>
>>78340001
But their is nothing wrong with that face?
And his art has improved substantially sense the first issue.
>>
File: WW 3x11 (02).webm (3 MB, 1280x721) Image search: [Google]
WW 3x11 (02).webm
3 MB, 1280x721
>>78340636
I regret reading this
>>
>>78337449
She was created before the invention of having a personality.
>>
>>78337663

>Sensation comics completed its run
>52 issues
>Not one bothered to use one of her obscure rogues
>Hell, only a couple bothered to use her handful of well known rogues.
>>
>>78340897
In most of her runs he's right. She does have no personality in the vast majority of her appearances. She has things she stands for, but very little depth.

There are exceptional runs where she's interesting, but they're not common and they're not the most prolific status for the character.
>>
/co/ thinks having a personality is either being an angry cunt or quirky
>>
>>78340930
How many issues were related to the Batman lore?
>>
>>78340930
Annoying white man is my favorite Wonder Woman villain, and thankfully every other writer chose that one over her other boring villains like Circe, Silver Swan, and Ares!
>>
>>78337663
I don't have much faith in Morrison for her EO version either. I get the impression that he's putting far too much emphasis on the bondage stuff, rather than just incorporating it in the story naturally like Azz did. I mean, obviously, I haven't been to the future and could be wrong, but all the advertising for it has been about WW in bondage, and Morrison has an annoying habit of latching on to whatever he considers most zany and weird about a character and then beating you over the head with it forever. I still hope it's good though.

Still can't believe how badly the Finches are doing. I mean, they were given an amazing setup. A full cast of well-developed, visually interesting characters. A new status quo with various different challenges ahead of it. Orion, motherfuckers. And they reverted everything to basic bitch level immediately, reducing Diana to a schoolgirl in terms of characterization and wiping out EVERYTHING cool that had been established.
>>
>>78337449
Her main title had 35 consecutive readable issues, that is an achievment in and of itself nowadays.
>>
>>78340942
Most fiction characters "with personalities" are just caricatures instead of being realistic.

Most people are generally "neutral" with a vast array of emotions that are displayed given the circumstances, with only slightly defined personality traits.

Sometimes she is completely bland and empty, but there are a lot of times where she acts like just a normal person and then people claim she doesn't have a personality. Superman also suffers from this, and generally when "he has a personality", it's one that gets easily contradicted by previous incarnations, and it's being exaggerated.

Azz' run is one fine example. She shows a lot of different emotions while retaining some basic traits, but people say she's bland and only the other characters are interesting. In fact, the other characters are all caricatures with no dynamic.
>>
>>78340881
>But their is nothing wrong with that face?

There's a lot wrong with that face senpai
>>
>>78337449
She makes me think of someone I'd want as an older sister or mother, but not someone I'd bang.

Power Girl, She Hulk, Harley even, those are people I would fuck.
>>
>>78337663
Bruh, I know that feeling all too well.

Rucka's return when
>>
File: new new harley quinn.jpg (145 KB, 632x960) Image search: [Google]
new new harley quinn.jpg
145 KB, 632x960
but she's not
its harley quinn
nobody gives a shit about wonder woman
>>
>>78340176
she already has imo
WW is basically just a figurehead for strong women
there are a few characters way more popular than her in DC
>>
>>78341056
The promo pictures have been her in chains because casuals who don't read interviews need to know it's a story about her being on trial. I don't know how you could think it's all about bondage beyond that.
>>
>>78342894
>I don't know how you could think it's all about bondage beyond that.

Because Morrison said so?
>>
>>78342915
No, he just said he was bringing it back. The story itself is almost a showcase of their culture in general.
>>
>>78342774
>She makes me think of someone I'd want as an older sister or mother, but not someone I'd bang.
>putting the two in an opposition
I don't understand.
>>
File: 1360908320840.png (277 KB, 300x600) Image search: [Google]
1360908320840.png
277 KB, 300x600
>>78337449
That's because she's too perfect for us. She deserves better than we could ever be.
She'll never be ours, and none of us could ever deserve her.
>>
File: 3084692_wonder_woman6__2_.jpg (345 KB, 1235x1920) Image search: [Google]
3084692_wonder_woman6__2_.jpg
345 KB, 1235x1920
She's always been mine.
>>
File: 1406646774177.jpg (215 KB, 604x700) Image search: [Google]
1406646774177.jpg
215 KB, 604x700
>tfw reading Perez's run for the first time
Pretty good for something kinda old
>>
Can someone post the /co/ recommended Wonder Woman? I liked her character in Juslice League/Justice League Unlimited, but I've never read any of her comics.
>>
>>78347125
casual GET OUT
Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.