[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Character of the week in a cartoon acts like Woody Allen
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3
File: 1449396666092.jpg (96 KB, 923x687) Image search: [Google]
1449396666092.jpg
96 KB, 923x687
>Character of the week in a cartoon acts like Woody Allen
>>
>>78337143
What of it? Neurotic jewish new Yorkers can be pretty funny.
>>
File: donald.jpg (36 KB, 355x461) Image search: [Google]
donald.jpg
36 KB, 355x461
>Elvis parodies
>Darth Vader parodies
>parodies of Looney Tunes era actors
>>
>>78337155
Yeah but children won't get it
>>
>>78337143
>It's the actual Woody Allen
>>
>>78337143
How many examples can you think of?
>>
>>78337199
So? You don't have to know who Woody Allen is to find neurotic new York Jewish behavior funny. The character is funny, not the reference.
>>
File: McBain_-_Let's_Get_Silly.jpg (23 KB, 512x384) Image search: [Google]
McBain_-_Let's_Get_Silly.jpg
23 KB, 512x384
>Now, my Woody Allen impression: I'm a neurotic nerd who likes to sleep with little girls.
>>
>Character of the week is a random celeb
>Their design clashes with the rest of the show

It's especially noticeable with any of Barts girls.
>>
>>78337498
It's ok. He married them after adopting them[\spoiler]
>>
>>78337488
Home movies they did a parody of a woody allen movie

Johnny bravo, that episode where he went on a date with a vampire and her ex was a woody allen stand in
>>
>>78337498
YOU SUCK MCBAIN!
>>
>>78337186
I'm with you on Elvis and Darth Vader. But I'd much rather have cartoons reference old-time actors than current celebrities. If it's a modern celeb, it's just "hey look, it's a thing you recognize!" that will feel very dated in a couple years. If it's an old-time reference, it tends to be much more creative & clever. Not to mention, if it's a kid's show, it may introduce kids to a cool bit of culture that they wouldn't find otherwise.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.