[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/swr/ - Star Wars: Rebels
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 93
File: MonMothma.jpg (275 KB, 1200x1525) Image search: [Google]
MonMothma.jpg
275 KB, 1200x1525
"We need to demilitarize, what could possibly go wrong?" - Edition

>Upcoming Releases:
http://www.swbooks.co.uk/updates/release.htm

>Newest Rebels Recon Episode:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_JrVry8kgyw

>The Clone Wars Legacy Content:
http://www.starwars.com/tv-shows/the-clone-wars-legacy

>Star Wars: Uprising: (/swr/ Cartel: Loth-Cats)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QpW6fOEvuSg
http://community.kabam.com/forums/showthread.php?568108-Newx-s-New-Player-Guide

>Star Wars: Commander: (/swr/ Squad: Empire - SheevSquad)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pUD2JkBxIJo

>Canon Guide: (Timeline coming soon)
http://imgur.com/a/wnoIs

>Star Wars /co/ Booru:
starwars.booru.org

>Download links: (Books, Comics, Rebels, Films, etc)
http://pastebin.com/nWsKtSya
>>
File: cAnonGuideVer3.0.png (3 MB, 1908x4870) Image search: [Google]
cAnonGuideVer3.0.png
3 MB, 1908x4870
So here it is, the (hopefully complete) current Canon Guide. Hope you like the layout change, tried to make it easier to follow. The link in the OP is updated. Timeline will come eventually.
>>
Many Bothans died for Mon Mothma to fuck everything up
>>
I wish more planets would demilitarize so I'd have more time to play little war games.
>>
>>78336669
>>
>>78336590
Wait, the guy in the red helmet is getting his own book?
>>
>>78336710
It's a Short Story in the "Tales from a Galaxy Far, Far Away" collection.

It's out next year, but you can already buy and read it digitally if you wish.
>>
>>78336701
Kylo should be Dark Helmet reenacting his ROTJ fanfiction where he travels back in time to help Darth Vader kill Luke, Han, Leia, and all the other rebels:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LMxTFqPET5I

Hux chances upon this and he just really doesn't have the time or energy to comment on the sadness of this roleplay.
>>
>>78336590
Wait so there's Clone Wars from 2003 which was 3 seasons and THE Clone Wars from 2008 which was 6 seasons? What's the difference, is the 2008 one a reboot or a sequel?

Also, the image says the 2008 series had 5 seasons.
>>
>>78336763
The 6th Season wasn't called Season 6, it was called "The Lost Missions" and was never aired on Tv, but rather had a Netflix release. It's part of the "The Clone Wars: Legacy" series, which was after Season 5 of the show, when Disney took over. So they are listed seperately.

As for the 2003 series, it had 2 Seasons. The 2008 series was originally supposed to expand the 2003 series, but they quickly abandoned that in favor of just creating their own show. (Design elements are the most notable thing carried over. Especially Count Dooku, who looks exactly like the 2D version in Season 1)

The 2003 one is no longer Canon. The 2008 Show has replaced it entirely.
>>
>>78336763

They take place during different parts of the war.

For the 2003 show, season 1 and 2 and the first episode of season 3 take place during the first few months of the war, leading up to Anakin's knighting and the first appearance of General Grievous. The rest of season 3 takes place after the 2008 show, in the last few months before Revenge of the Sith.

Another difference is that the 2003 show was purged in the 2014 canon purge. It's no longer canon. The 2008 show survived in its entirety.
>>
>>78336075
Not get shot by Han Solo.
>>
>>78336590
Twilight Company is the best book to come out of the new EU. Anyone know if we'll get a follow up? Or was it just some shitty tie-in for a video game that was unexpectedly amazing?
>>
>>78336975
There's no word on a follow up. But considering they confirmed more Battlefront games, I assume there will be at least one Book released per game. I'm currently reading it myself. I am early on, but it is very enjoyable so far.
>>
>>78336590
Looking good. Definitely more streamlined. My few pieces of feedback:

>drop TCW movie
I don't think it needs its own spot. Yes it's a theatrical release, but it's also technically just 4 TCW episodes put together. And, at least until Rogue One comes out next year, it occupies an entire line on the chart. People who want to watch TCW will look up a viewing order anyway, so let this lists be more detailed while yours is more concise.
>Same with the lost missions
They're just Season 6 of TCW, there's nothing special about them other than the fact that they got a subtitle. As above, anyone new will see them when they look up a viewing order. Or they'll just go on Netflix, where they're listed as season 6. Separating them makes it needlessly complicated.
>the story reels
If you REALLY wanna include something bonus from TCW, it should be this, since they're a little harder to find. If they ever put them on Netflix I think you could safely remove them, but I can see the benefit in including them here.
>Unified images
The Lost missions (which should be gone anyway) have a different size and style image. C-3PO's is off. Rebels is a landscape instead of a portrait like everything else. Stuff like that.
>groupings
I don't think the list gains anything by the extra grouping of A New Dawn and Tarkin. It just adds another element that confuses at a quick glance and clutters the chart.
Also, I think the way you had Servants of the Empire on the old one was better. Saves space but gets the same point across by just saying "(4 Books)." They're not important enough to take up that much space. Hell, you could probably even stack Aftermath as a trilogy once all is said and done.
I wouldn't group the JTTFA YA books either. They're not a series, they're just thematically connected. It's a bit misleading to group them.

Continued...
>>
>>78336590
>>78337020
>continued:

>Short stories
While I think you should get rid of the Rise of the Empire grouping, there are enough short stories to merit inclusion. They probably don't each need their own image (an image for a 6-page insider story is excessive), but they deserve to be listed. Maybe a "SHORT STORIES" section that has the images of the longer ones and simply lists the rest under a "Short Stories from Star Wars Insider" subsection as bullet points with titles and issue numbers.
>comic consistency
This is a big one. You've got some comics listed by issue and some listed by TPB - not okay! I think issues is more informative without needing more space, so stick with that. Also, I'm not sold on the Vader Down grouping. It makes sense and it functions, but it's a bit unsightly. I'm not sure how I'd change it though.

I think that's everything I've got. I know it's nit picky, but hey, isn't that the point? Keep up the good work.
>>
File: 1449784731351.jpg (139 KB, 600x728) Image search: [Google]
1449784731351.jpg
139 KB, 600x728
So if what I'm reading is correct, Phasma started as a bit part for VII, but she impressed the suits/got So popular that she is getting a bigger part in VIII?
>>
>>78337043
I think she always was intended to have a larger role in VIII.
>>
The Separatist movement was partially fueled by accusations that the Republic government only cared about the Core and Inner Rim systems and didn't give a shit about the Mid to Outer Rim. By abandoning the outer rim to Imperial enslavement isn't the New Republic basically repeating that?
>>
>>78336590
>>78337020
>>78337024
One more addition:
I forgot about the Rebels comic until I saw the footnote. I think you might as well include it in the image. If it warrants explaining below, you can save confusion by listing it above.

And maybe you could put the Story Bedore the Force Awakens in the footnote? Or at least a general comment about adaptations' canonicity.

Last thing I promise: I'm not sure you need "concluded" on the miniseries. I'd probably change it to "5-issue miniseries" and leave it at that. Maybe at a note for things that are still ongoing, but there's no need to say concluded. You could even do an asterisk that denotes "currently ongoing" to save some clutter.
>>
>>78337070
Finn's antagonist?
>>
Phasma barely had any lines and barely had any screentime, so why are people pretending to waifufag her?
>>
>>78337024
>>78337020
>>78337073

Thanks a lot for the feedback, always looking to improve it and make it easier to read/more useful for people.

I definitely agree about the grouping and adding things that unnecessarily take up more space. I was torn between keeping it simple, and deciding what was important enough to get its own picture, and such. And yeah, I know some of the sizing is off. I fixed most of the images that were too big/small, but some certainly slipped through.

I agree that Aftermath can be filed under one image as a trilogy, at least when it's all out. I can probably put Life Debt & Empire's End together in the meantime. Again, will probably do this with Servants of the Empire. Not sure about the "Journey to TFA" books because while they are connected, it's only loosely, and they are basically standalone books.

As for Lost Missions/TCW Movie, I agree, I will probably just lump that in with the rest of the show. They're usually just referred to as part of the show anyways.

I'll definitely make note of the Story Reels somewhere, because you're right, you do have to find them on starwars.com to see them, whereas the rest of TCW can be bought via official Blu Rays.

As for the adaptations and their canonicity, I had something about it in the old guide, but I seem to have forgotten to mention it here.

And lastly, the comics. I admit, I was absolutely lost here. I did TPB on the ongoing ones because it represented an issue count of 12 Issues (and ongoing) but I admit it comes off clunky. I'll either need to simplify that section, or go into specific detail regarding Issues.

I also wasn't sure how to handle the finished comics, so I put "concluded", but I agree, that also comes off as weird. I'll figure this out.

Again, thanks for the help!
>>
>>78337101
I like her voice
>>
>>78337071

The Republic are almost entirely shitheads.
>>
>>78337101

I want her to inspect my weapon.
>>
>>78337101
She's a girl :3
>>
>>78337101
Pussy.
Shiny. Pussy.
>>
>>78337101
>pretending
>>
>>78337101
Game of Thrones
>>
Why did everyone bully Kylo?
>>
>>78337495
He's a faggot in the fullest sense of the word

Fit only for burning
>>
>>78337495
People are determined to hate him.
I honestly don't know why.
>>
>>78337101
It's the same thing with Boba Fett
>>
>>78337509
He exists because of hack writing.
>>
>>78337509
Because he comes off as a whiny, angsty Vader fanboy throwing temper tantrums who misses the point of why and how Palpatine and Vader did what they did and is played by a scrawny guy with Prince Charles-tier facial features. He might make for an interesting character in a lit-crit sense, but he isn't necessarily an endearing character.
>>
>>78336595
I wonder if Manny Bothans will be the hero of Rogue One
>>
>>78337509
How can anyone hate him, he has a funny race
Seriously though he did what Luke couldn't.
>>
>>78337495
>>78337509
I dont hate the character, in fact he's a great one. I just think he's a huge bitch
>>
>>78337576
>race
face
>>
So Poe would originally die in the Tie Fighter crash. I guess that explains why he disappears from the narrative until the third act.
>>
>>78337566
>>78337578
Sounds like you're the problem.
>>
>>78337567
That was for Death Star Two, Manny Bothans will be in the sequel.
>>
>>78337101
Shiny female Boba. Also Ray's intolerable, people ain't rushing to claim her for a reason.
>>
>>78337593
His bromance with Finn allowed him to overcome death. Kind of funny if you think about it, he named Finn and tried to take him home with him.
>>
>>78337578
I dislike him because he's a shit character. It doesn't matter if it was intentional. Dropped.
>>
>>78337597
From my point of view, you are the problem.
>>
>>78337576
He shouldn't have taken off the helmet honestly. Thinking back on the scene where he hacked the interrogation room apart, it's kind of morbid, from the storm troopers point of view, he was probably slashing Ray to death.
>>
File: 1450657973827.jpg (269 KB, 627x886) Image search: [Google]
1450657973827.jpg
269 KB, 627x886
>>78337101
>>
>>78337660
Why do so many people have to hate on Driver's face?
Poor guy.
>>
File: 1450497553783.jpg (508 KB, 1428x1070) Image search: [Google]
1450497553783.jpg
508 KB, 1428x1070
>>78336590
>blu-rays are canon

Completely subjective. Not even really worth mentioning since they are the same movies anyways
>>
>>78337676
He looks like a young Snape with a perm
>>
>>78337676
It's inconceivable that Ford and Fisher would have a son that looks like him

But it's perfect since the character is a misbegotten Frankenstein's creature.
>>
>>78337676
Probably because Vader didn't take off his helmet until the very end and you gets to see his burned disfigured face, which was a big deal. Kylo does it. And he looks like a regular guy with some odd features and really fluffy hair. It didn't have to be a battle scarred haggard face, but it really didn't suit the theme of the character.
>>
>>78337709
That's not a bad thing.
>>
>>78337676
But he got them all good by being in Star Wars.
>>
>>78337720
But it did?
The point of the scene was to show that he's just him, a regular dude.
He only did it to get back at Rey calling him a monster.
>>
What are people most hyped for now?

>Gareth Edwards' "Rogue One"
>Rian Johnson's "Episode VIII"
>Phil Lord and Chris Miller's "Han Solo"
>Colin Trevorrow's "Episode IX"
>"Boba Fett" previously directed by Josh Trank.
>Rumored "Obi-Wan Kenobi" movie
>>
>>78337729
He plays a whiny jobber though. Kids are going to put BB8 over him.
>>
>>78337722
There are no stakes, no excitement when the villain is so piss-poor

You just want the trilogy to end so the faggot can die, but he will probably be redeemed, bugger all.
>>
"That sounds so scary"
>[Unintelligible grunting]
"You must be so~ brave"
>[Unintelligible grunting while nodding]

Why was Chewie so based in this?
>>
>>78337756
But he's a good villain.
Holy shit you people.
>>
>>78337676
Even David Fincher talked about it.
>>
>>78337752
Well it is hard to beat BB-8.
>>78337756
I thought he was a good villain.
>>78337761
When is Chewie NOT based?
>>
>>78337736
Doesn't he want to be a monster though? THere's no way even he thinks what he's doing is righteous. Maybe the ends are, but he isn't. He just has a stupid looking face and the first time you see it it takes up most of the screen.
>>
>>78337765
No he's not. He can't carry three films let alone one, and Snoke is literally who and literally fucking nothing.
>>
>>78337720
>Kylo does it. And he looks like a regular guy with some odd features and really fluffy hair.
Isn't that the point?

>>78337737
Rogue One.

Though Johnson's been saying Episode VIII is going to go totally off the rails so I'm pretty excited for that
>>
Kylo kinda' reminded me of MCU's Loki, tbqh. In appearance, demeanor, story arc and tumblr appeal.
>>
>>78337787
Hux should be Thrawn
>>
>>78336590
Sorry I'm being pedantic but you spelt Sidious wrong. Good guide though anon
>>
>>78337756
But anon, I'm really interested in the villain

>>78337786
What he means is that he wanted to get back at Rey calling him out
>>
>>78337737
>Josh Trank
I don't know man, after The Fantastic Flop...
>>
>>78337765
No he's not, they made Ray too strong in contrast to him, which is really poor writing when your villian's supposed to stick around for two more movies.
>>
>>78337808
Don't insult Hiddleston
>>
>>78337786
He doesn't want to be a monster, he just wants to emulate what Vader was to people.
There was no point in being that when he was trying to pry into Rey's mind, he was trying to psych her out.
You can't honestly think that your problem with the actual actor's face has any weight on the character, can you?
>>
How the fuck is Kylo interesting when he's just a poor man's Jacen?
>>
>>78337808
Honestly I think that's what they were going for, but Loki came across as much more intelligent, which was a big part of his appeal. Kylo's like an angsty teenager.
>>
>>78337824
YOu miss the "previously" part
>>
>>78337842
But they ruined Jacen too by making him dark side.
>>
>>78337848
Oh, yeah.
>>
File: lKaicvA.jpg (220 KB, 3000x3000) Image search: [Google]
lKaicvA.jpg
220 KB, 3000x3000
>>78337698
>>
People are just mad because they wanted Maul and we got like, half Maul and half Anakin but much better acted and doing creepy shit intentionally instead of unintentionally
>>
File: bait 1.png (31 KB, 625x626) Image search: [Google]
bait 1.png
31 KB, 625x626
>>78337865
>>
>>78337875
>Half Maul

We got that already though
>>
>>78337834
Wasn't Vader one of the most feared people in the galaxy? Emulating Vader means establishing that fear in people.
>>
>>78337875
People are mad because they wanted Vader 2.0.
They're upset we got an actual character, rather than a walking monolith.
>>
>>78337737
Rian Johnson's "Episode VIII"

Rogue One would be more interesting if we didn't know exactly how it's going to play out. The promotional picture didn't look Star Wars at all, either. No aliens, hell, it didn't even look very Sci Fi. Looked like some mechanics workshop with a bunch of dirty people hanging around.

I'm scared for Episode IX because I have no clue how they can successfully end the main saga. Return of the Jedi felt so perfect for me, and they already blew their "bigger superweapon!" load in TFA.

As for the Boba Fett and Han Solo movies, I am the opposite of hyped. I quick honestly wish they weren't a thing, and I am at least taking solace in the fact that Trank isn't doing a movie anymore.

And lastly, the Obi-Wan movie. This is one Spin-Off that I DO want, but it will probably never happen.

>>78337817
Thanks, now I feel stupid. Too much calling him Sheev I guess.
>>
File: Kylo Ren.png (269 KB, 637x480) Image search: [Google]
Kylo Ren.png
269 KB, 637x480
>>
>>78337834
>He doesn't want to be a monster

He's been a monster since Rey's childhood. Hence him being "conflicted" didn't really work for me.
>>
>>78337892
OH YOU
>>
>>78337875
There was very little Maul in there. I can't really think of anything above custom light sabre.
>>
>>78337894
Yeah?
Doesn't mean he would consider Vader a 'monster'.
He was probably really annoyed at Rey calling him that, and wanted to prove her wrong.
>>
Can we talk about that C3PO reveal and how perfect it was?
>>
>>78337898
>resorts to trash-talking OT characters to prop up your shit new ones

Jesus you sound like Man of Steel apologists.
>>
did anyone post the most recent Rebels UK comic, Ocean Rescue yet? i see it's not in the megaupload. i can storytime if people want
>>
>>78337737
I'm not too interested in Rogue One, but Rian Johnson Episode VIII will probably be less by the numbers than TFA was.
>>
>>78337901
I'm at a loss as to where they can go after the planet sized weapon and it getting blown up. Surely both sides are now heavily weakened?
>>
>>78337930
>implying
>>
>>78337930
Just putting ANH in solitary context, Vader kind of was a walking monolith. Of course that was the point, but there's not much going on for Vader other than evil bad guy as a character until the next movie
>>
>>78337954
I laughed when they showed how small both the Resistance and the First Order forces are.
>>
>>78337923
Monsters are more than superficial appearance. By that logic Chewie and Jar Jar could be considered monsters.
>>
>>78337954
I was thinking the same thing. That's why I am excited for Episode 8 the most. It feels like completely uncharted territory, and I don't think they'll just remake another OT movie again. That would be so incredibly disappointing that I reckon even the general audience would start to backlash.
>>
>>78337928
Don't forget to buy the new Punished C3PO action figure! Only $29.99!
>>
>>78337976
Seriously? I wanna see.
>>
>>78337954
>>78337966
It was retarded that Leia's tiny fleet could possibly threaten the Starkiler, unless it had a really undermanned TIE complement.
>>
I feel that TFA had to be the, as Full of Sith so greatly put it, a "Greatest Hits compilation of the OT" because the next movies will go in a completely batshit direction. They've really already used all the POTTERY they can from the OT
>>
>>78337968
Yeah, you're not wrong.
But Kylo wouldn't hold that same conception, he idolizes Vader, and wants to be like him.
Calling him a monster would be like insulting Vader to him.
He wanted to get in her head man, a wall can't fuck with people the way an actual person can.
>>
>>78337976
Speaking of which, they fixed his arm in the end. I wonder what took them so long?

>>78337982
Well they were being funded by the New Republic and it's not like they were a threat at all as much as the threat of Luke Skywalker was the real danger
>>
File: Evangelion-3.0.png (387 KB, 630x420) Image search: [Google]
Evangelion-3.0.png
387 KB, 630x420
>>78337986
>because the next movies will go in a completely batshit direction.

Good
>>
>>78337966
It's one of the things I liked about the movie and something I wish they'd discussed more. The Emperor's death, the destruction of the second Death Star and the rebel victory would obviously have a crushing impact on troop morale and general ability to function with the old Empire's m.o. So when Finn rebels at first I can understand it, but I really wish there'd been more deserters mentioned, that this was becoming a problem.

On another note, the way Finn and Ray behave I really think they should have swapped roles; FInn's way too easy going for a lifetime spent in military service and Ray's wound way too tight for a life spent in scavenging on a desert planet.
>>
>>78338015
No fuck you
>>
>>78338015
I love this movie and I can never find anyone else who does.
>>
>>78337101
Because tall women are rare and Christie is an ok actress, and because almost every single one faceless/alien secondary villain in this franchise is bound to end up having fans anyway, looking at how /co/ seems to like Grievous, Trench and most of the bounty hunters a lot.
>>
>>78337986
You summed up my feelings exactly. The only reason I am not completely upset with TFA being "Pottery: The Movie", is because I know that they're going to HAVE to surprise us next time.
>>
>>78338030
>/co/ seems to like Grievous
Uh, we like to laugh at Grievous. I don't know about "like" him
>>
>>78338028
Anno is depressed and is holding off 3.0 + 1.0
>>
>>78338049
Anon, you know he's having fun and voiceacting and making a new Godzilla movie, right?
>>
>>78338000
>he idolizes Vader, and wants to be like him.

But whyyyyy.

The OT trio just looked like monumental chumps by letting the status quo happen, to their own combined family no less. Better if it was just an outside force nobody expected like Snoke, but with his own Vader clone he raised himself.
>>
>>78338043
I'd say he's more liked than Maul, but yeah, it's usually either this or appreciating his fight sequences in the Tartakovsky toon.

Trench and probably Durge do have a sincere following here though.
>>
>>78338063
>But whyyyyy.
Yeah, that's the problem I have with Kylo, a lot of the buildup seems to have happened in an entire different movie.
>>
>finish Tarkin
>love the vader/emperor dialogue, lore and shenanigans
>aw yee lords of the sith is going to be great
>twilek soap oprea; the novel
I'm enjoying it, but it was deffo marketed as something different
>>
>>78338063
Because he wants to be stronger for reasons we probably won't figure out until later, realized the Light Side wasn't enough, got seduced by Snoke and realized the Dark Side and his grandpa were cooler. They really made this all clear in the movie, we just needed more finer details
>>
>>78337101
Borba Fett
>>
>>78337972
Maybe they'll reduce things a bit? Of using the movie on Ray and Luke, Luke's resistance to moving back, Ray needing training. It might be interesting to let things play out in the background for part of them movie, then one back to the active part of the galaxy and see how things are going. Still, it's weird that Leia didn't go with Ray. I know she's a general, but still, bringing back Luke is important.

>>78337982
They really should have had a better explanation for The First Order not obliterating most of the first wave of X-wings, or have more X-wings.
>>
>>78338072
People like Maul in TCW last I checked. Of course in solely movie context, Maul is complete shit.
>>
>>78338063
Vader was strong, he accomplished things, and he was his grandfather?
What other reason do you need to idolize someone?
Remember that Snoke had been on him since he was a child, whispering in his ear.
He built up this thought in Kylo's mind, that he deserved to rule, like Vader.
Kylo finds the Light to be the cancer, to be what corrupted, and ultimately killed, Vader.
>>
>>78337930
Vader wasn't that great in ANH. He became a much more interesting and fleshed out character in TESB and I think Kylo got off to a good start. If they flesh out his back story and his motivations a bit more and make him stronger and more badass, he could become the GOAT Star Wars villain/antagonist/anti hero
>>
File: 1.jpg (1 MB, 1280x1735) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
1 MB, 1280x1735
>>78337946
im going to assume people missed this since the thread is moving quickly and post it anyway, since it's not in the mega
>>
>>78338063
Partially the grandfather relationship.
>>
>>78338104
In solely movie context you could merge him and Grievous in one character and nobody would really notice much of a change.

He's alright in CW, though. Worse than Cad, Ventress or even Trench, but not horrible.
>>
>>78338109
>Remember that Snoke had been on him since he was a child, whispering in his ear.
how do you know that
>>
File: 2.jpg (1 MB, 1280x1746) Image search: [Google]
2.jpg
1 MB, 1280x1746
>>78338125
>>
So how long until the Star Wars Anthology: Kylo trilogy with lots of PT POTTERY?
>>
>>78338141
Leia said that in the movie, but I'm pretty sure it was just a poetic metaphor
>>
>>78338141
The guide, maybe?
Did Leia say it in the movie?
An interview?
I don't remember honestly, I just remember I read/heard it somewhere.
>>
>>78338037
The question is, can these characters stand on their own two feet and can they measure up to the original trilogy's cast. So far, outlook's not so good.
>>
>>78338149
All she said was this 'it was snoke'
>>
File: 3.jpg (1 MB, 1280x1721) Image search: [Google]
3.jpg
1 MB, 1280x1721
>>78338145
>>
There sure were a lot of iconic scenes in the trailers that weren't in the movie.

"Who are you"
"I'm no one"
>>
>>78338173
Maz giving Leia the lightsaber wasn't in it either.
>>
File: 4.jpg (1 MB, 1280x1752) Image search: [Google]
4.jpg
1 MB, 1280x1752
>>78338167
>>
>>78338173
>Kylo whipping out his saber in the forest
>>
>>78338187
That one I'm pretty sure was just like a teaser for what would be the real fight in the movie, but that completely killed a lot of speculation that there might be something buried under the tree
>>
File: 5.jpg (962 KB, 1280x1721) Image search: [Google]
5.jpg
962 KB, 1280x1721
>>78338184
>>
OFFICIAL TFA CHARACTER RANKINGS:

>God tier
Kylo Ren
Poe Dameron
Traitor trooper

>Good tier:
Finn
BB-8
Han Solo
Chewbacca

>Mid tier
Rey
Leia Organa
General Hux

>Low tier
Maz Kanata
Phasma

>Not enough screen time to judge yet
Luke Skywalker
Snoke
>>
>>78338206
>>Low tier
>Maz Kanata
Nah, she was fine. At least mid
>>
>>78338200
>Muh art
>>
>>78338206
Push Leia down, push Rey up, otherwise great
>>
>>78338206
>Maz in low tier
>Phasma anywhere but in "not enough screen time to judge yet"
>>
>>78338206
Put Finn in God-tier.
Drop Leia to Low.
Move Maz up to Mid.
>>
>>78338206
Move Phasma and Maz and Rey up, there was no low tier characters in this movie.
>>
File: 6.jpg (1 MB, 1280x1747) Image search: [Google]
6.jpg
1 MB, 1280x1747
>>78338200
>>
>>78338200
Lol, as an actual licensed diver, this is why you have secondary regulators.
>>
>>78337617
Reys my waifu. I like quirky grils with abandonment issues.
>>
File: 7.jpg (1 MB, 1280x1758) Image search: [Google]
7.jpg
1 MB, 1280x1758
>>78338231
>>
File: 8.jpg (1 MB, 1280x1734) Image search: [Google]
8.jpg
1 MB, 1280x1734
>>78338248
>>
>>78338247
>quirky
More like constantly pissed off. Her actress was so shrill, how could you stand that?
>>
File: 9.jpg (1 MB, 1280x1755) Image search: [Google]
9.jpg
1 MB, 1280x1755
>>78338267
>>
File: 10.jpg (1 MB, 1280x1717) Image search: [Google]
10.jpg
1 MB, 1280x1717
>>78338296
>>
>>78338225
Traitor? You mean Phasma?

Because I think she might have, at least by inaction or grudging cooperation, betrayed the First Order.

I get the idea that Storm Troopers are supposed to be pretty fanatical and disdainful of their own lives. She should have called their bluff/been perversely difficult towards them.

But she wasn't. Sure, Chewy had her good, and they had a gun to her head, but again, I get the feeling the "right" and "loyal" thing to do would have been to say "squeeze the trigger" or "what, do it! I'm not helping you Rebel Scum!". Or you know, just intentionally jamming them up even if she got shot in the back by tripping an alarm.

But what she does is turn off the shield and allow them to put her in a trash compactor.

I think she was having doubts (maybe because of Finn, also because she's unusually independent and has an actual NAME unlike most Stormtroopers) and did less than she was supposed to. Possibly because honestly, she doesn't like what the First Order does, and particularly because she didn't like the Star Killer. That's not honorable or decent. It's not FIGHTING the enemy.

butchering civilians isn't fighting either. How does that restore order? It's just terror.
>>
File: 22b.png (167 KB, 245x360) Image search: [Google]
22b.png
167 KB, 245x360
>>78337101
Because Gwen is cute and like someone said already tall women are rare
>>
>>78337954
Starkiller Fleet.

Star-destroying kamikaze bombers.
>>
>>78338315
According to the guidebook Phasma believes in military drill and martial pride for the sake of those values alone and doesn't really venerate the Imperium, you might be onto something.
>>
>>78338206
>>God tier
>Kylo Ren

Let the bait flow through you.
>>
>>78337737
>>Rian Johnson's "Episode VIII"
This one. Would prefer Nolan for Episode 9 tho.
>>
>>78337954
GUNDAMS
>>
File: 11.jpg (1 MB, 1280x1804) Image search: [Google]
11.jpg
1 MB, 1280x1804
>>78338307
>>
>>78337954
Well, remember that super Kyber Crystal Obi-Wan and Anakin found?

They found one the size of a planet.
>>
>>78338355
with Clone Anakin as their Quattro Vagina
>>
File: 12.jpg (1 MB, 1280x1727) Image search: [Google]
12.jpg
1 MB, 1280x1727
>>78338362
the end
>>
>>78337954
If we really need to go the "sequels need a bigger immediate threat" route they could just make Snoke a Darth Nihilus tier force user instead of having another superweapon. But that could easily be executed poorly
>>
>>78338335
Ok, how about, wait for it... Galaxy Killer! THe weapon to literally destroy existance itself! Like the ending to the last Ideon movie.
>>
>>78338374
Sabine fucks up

The comic
>>
>>78337737
>Boba Fett

And here I was hoping the new EU won't be full of Fett wankery... Unless it's just a movie about either the ep V bounty hunter squad or bounty hunters in general and Fett is just the central character.

Bossk and Zuckuss/4-LOM are better than Fett imo. Only Dengar is worse, and IG-88 is on par with him.
>>
>>78338341
>Not liking best character

GUUUAAAARRDS!!!
>>
>>78338284
He thinks she's cute and is willing to put it with it
>>
>>78337954
logically, if the First Order is a neo-imperial junta, there may be other such juntas in other parts of the galaxy. the new republic doesnt seem like it controls the entire galaxy, so there may be other legitimate multi-system governments out there as well. what i would like to see, but know won't happen, would be for the republic remnant (remember, hosnian prime was only the CURRENT capital), resistance, and other groups (maybe something like the hapes confederation or even the "reformed" imperial center if they still exist and hold coruscant?) against the "terrorist" neo-imperials in the outer rim and unknown regions
>>
>>78338399
Boba's too loved by the fans not to be used. If they changed the Storm Trooper gear and Gave C3PO a new arm for the sake of merch you can bet we'll see the highest selling figure's character again.
>>
>>78338415
We know for sure Hutt space is governing itself from the guidebook, so there are definitely more factions.
>>
Does anybody love how the First Order is apparently completely used to Kylo's shit? Hux easily banters with him, the guy who first reports to him that the fugitives escaped just kind of stands there and the Stormtroopers seeing his other rage moment are just like "Welp, he's doing it again, let's just not go that way".

It's like when they are given the job they are told "okay so we have this guy, our leader, Kylo Ren, black cape and mask. There's like a 50% chance he'll go on some kind of rage spree. The best thing to do is just to let him let it all out. He'll stop eventually. Might choke you though"
>>
So I think Snoke had Starkiller base built with the intention of it doing it's job (take out the senate) and then be destroyed.
I have two major reasons for this:
>The weapon is built on a planet with no kind of propulsion or hyper drive capabilities that can be seen. This means once it eats the sun it orbits, its either out of bullets forever or for a very very long time. I think the reason the sun is so small after the planet implodes is because half (or more) of it had already been used in the shot against the Republic.
>The destruction of 4(?) planets and then the destruction of a giant base is a tremendous loss of life. If the force really is stronger then it was in the past, that is going to be one hell of a mental blow to Luke. Just remember Yoda as the Jedi began to be killed in order 66, it seems to be so bad it had physical effects as well.

To me, Snoke made this weapon with the intention to destroy the bulk of his political resistance, any new Republic ships and then to further damage Luke's psyche.

I know that it would be more effective to just build a better weapon that could keep on destroying planets, but the New Order has limited resources that it could work with and the Starkiller Base was the best it could do.
>>
File: tumblr_nzn914r4to1qevxako1_1280.jpg (177 KB, 1280x700) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nzn914r4to1qevxako1_1280.jpg
177 KB, 1280x700
>Simpsons predicted Star War VII vs Alvin & the Chipmunks.
>>
>>78338435
>>78338415
Zann Consortium
Zann Consortium
Zann Consortium

Please please have Zann Consortium
>>
>>78338415
I'm not sure we've got the right format for another galactic war, as much as I'd like it. We'd need a to series with very high production values to do it justice in a visual medium, or a set of good writers for a novelisation. I like your point though, with the two previously most dominant factions having hit each other really hard, there's a new opportunity for a third faction to make a claim for supremacy.
>>
>>78338432
I'm actually curious when did it start - I'm fairly certain right after ep V he and Bossk had comparable popularity looking at action figures alone, but by the time of the prequels it was basically all Boba, with the rest having maybe two or three stories.

>>78338446
Yup, I liked it a lot too.
>>
>>78338450
That's strangely prophetic

>Episode VII: The Apology
Hahahahahaha
>>
>>78338206
Put Hux in good tier, if only for that super-hammy speech.
>>
>>78338452
I want to see a faction venerating Trench or some other separatist leader.
>>
Rae Sloane should totally survive Jakku and go on to stage a coup in the center, becoming the one to sign the Galactic Concordance and therby fully becoming our new Pellaeon
>>
>>78338469
The Christmas special
>>
>>78338450
>It's real

Oh wow
>>
>>78338446
They probably all know he's Snoke's boy and basically untouchable. They put him on equal billing to the commander.
>>
>>78338482
still waiting for the logical reintroduction of neo-Separatists into the Galactic Civil War
>>
>>78338499
Maybe in Rebels?

The problem is that barely any prominent separatists were kept alive, I guess.
>>
>>78338446
I took it as him being a part of the FO for a while.
I like the idea that he's actually a part of it, and everyone's used to it.
>>
>>78338506
Sheev was pretty good at making sure all the CIS were disposed of.
>>
>>78338469
I think it was after episode 6. My friend's brother was at the right age to get hooked on Star Wars when the OT came out and said the combination bounty hunter, jet pack, pistol, gadgets and being able to follow the millennium falcon put him in a old, more reachable position. Vader was awesome, but in a different league to mere mortals. Boba' something you COULD become with the right gear and training.
>>
>>78338506
Trench ought to still be somwhere, just with even more prosthetics. Lightsaber to the chest clearly wasn't enough to kill him
>>
>>78338499
Didn't Anakin kill all of them? Also, why would the Empire let neo separatists even run around?
>>
>>78338469
I have no clue and I actually had no idea people like Boba more than the rest prior to becoming more aware of the online fandom in... 2007 or so, I think? But then as a kind I mostly liked Zuckuss because he was a cool bug so I'm hardly a good example since he's easily among the least popular of them
>>
>>78338533
Gotta keep a controllable threat around to reinforce the need for your own despotic rule.
>>
>>78338021
>Ray's wound way too tight for a life spent in scavenging on a desert planet.

Because of the implication. Pretty girl, alone on a planet filled with desperate scavengers.
>>
>>78338533
Technically not the CW cartoon-only ones and it seems the banking clan was kept around later on, but yeah, all the promnent ones died on screen.
>>
>>78338560
But most of them were Ayy lmaos, they don't give a crap what she looks like. Too bad her staff fighting abilities couldn't be transferred to good acting.
>>
Across the stars is still one of the greatest bits of music Williams has ever made. I wish he still had that spark.
>>
>>78338533
i said neo-Separatists, not Separatists. the Separatist movement took over half the galaxy it's not like there weren't sympathizers or people who believed in the cause, like Kleeve for example. with the Galactic Civil War, there could/should still be pockets of resistance somewhere in the big wide galaxy who never gave up, or who use the resentment from the loss to reignite the cause in alliance with the Rebel Alliance or just using the situation to their own benefit

if the TCW show could add an entire third faction to the Clone Wars in the form of the Shadow Collective, i dont think it should be too weird to have a minor third faction involved in the GCW in the form of neo-separatists
>>
What do you guys think of the Rey is a Kenobi theory?
>>
Somebody knows what is the weapon behind the A280?
>>
File: mpv-shot0002.jpg (128 KB, 720x304) Image search: [Google]
mpv-shot0002.jpg
128 KB, 720x304
Did anyone else find it weird that Leia went directly to comfort Rey without even acknowledging Chewbacca walking by?

The most significant person in both of their lives just died and they don't even look at each other.
>>
>>78338348
>Nolan

No.
>>
>>78338630
Shit, just as bad as Luke is Kylo Ren.
>>
>>78338284
>that time she bypassed the compressor
>that smile and look of wonder whenever she sees something new
Sure she had angsty moments but she was a qt.
>>
>>78338643
She's looking out for her niece. I'm more annoyed she didn't go support Han's real other half Chewie.
>>
>>78338643
I think Chewie wanted to be by himself if the next scene is any indication
>>
>>78338630
I doubt it.
>>
are the new character books already avalible?
>>
Why do you think the music of when Rey meets Luke has the Imperial March inside it?
>>
File: T-21.png (165 KB, 548x296) Image search: [Google]
T-21.png
165 KB, 548x296
>>78338638
Looks like this piece of shit gun from Battlefront.
>>
The movie isnt as great as everyone is saying, Ive watched it 4 times so far(only once in theater) and it gets far less watchable with every viewing.

I can watch ANH dozens of times but TFA will not stand on its own. Mainly for the fact it has so many wink wink references to the OT its almost jarring and ruins immersion. The whole thing feels like a fan wank.

Hopefully the Ben Solo story line will redeem the new trilogy. I will be more forgiving if there is some originality and world building in epsisode VIII.

I give it a 7/10
>>
File: image.jpg (56 KB, 421x304) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
56 KB, 421x304
That moment when you realize that there are currently three canon versions of episode IV

A New Hope
The interdictor episode of Rebels
And TFA

How do you feel, /co/?
>>
>>78338717
It doesnt
>>
What are the final opinions of The Force Awakens? Rate 1-10.
>>
>>78338643
Im sure Chewie feels some resentment that Leia sent Han on this mission to bring back Ben which led to his death
>>
>>78338762
6 or 7
>>
>>78338762
High8
>>
>>78338762
>>
>>78338762
see
>>78338736
>>
>>78338762
>>
File: A280_blaster_rifle.jpg (43 KB, 1009x427) Image search: [Google]
A280_blaster_rifle.jpg
43 KB, 1009x427
>>78338638
Looks like an M16 to me.
>>
>>78338768
I can see Chewie caring for Ben as much as Han or Leia. In the old EU he was very attached to their kids.
>>
>>78338747
TFA is more like the OT as a whole than just solely ANH
>>
>>78338736
I think the movie is as great as many are saying. Some are saying it's the best SW movie ever, which I absolutely don't agree with but I do think a majority of people agree it can stand up with the OT. At the very least I liked it more than ROTJ.

Unless you run into one of those people who would put ANH in the low tier of SW movies which is just weird
>>
File: 1364889937308.jpg (54 KB, 444x337) Image search: [Google]
1364889937308.jpg
54 KB, 444x337
>>78338762
>>
>>78338718
Anon, not only is the A280 also in Battlefront, its the Default weapon on the Rebels side...

T21-B master race.
>>
File: GEE WIZZ STAR WARS.png (212 KB, 369x394) Image search: [Google]
GEE WIZZ STAR WARS.png
212 KB, 369x394
>>78338762
8.5/10.
>>
>>78338630
>Rey is a Kenobi theory?

Kylo Ren definitely has history with her, and she is almost certainly a survivor of Luke's Jedi Academy.

And she was not raised by Max Von Sydow's character, but sold to Unkar Plutt.

It gets very cumbersome to explain how she'd be related to Obi-Wan or Luke. It just remains to be seen.
>>
>>78338835
I would. As a self contained movie A New Hope is great, but as a part of a saga like that it feels like a weak link.
>>
>>78338646
Why not?
>>
>>78338348
Do you really want "Episode III: The Dark Star Wars Rises"?
>>
>>78338762
7.8 too much callbacks.
>>
>>78338736
>it gets far less watchable with every viewing.

I can barely watch the originals anymore because I know every beat of the story.

That's not an indicator of quality.
>>
What do we actually know about "Episode VIII"?

>Rey, Finn, Poe, Luke, Leia, Chewie, BB-8, C-3PO, R2-D2, Kylo, Hux, Phasma and Snoke will all presumably be back.

>They're reportedly casting an evil politician played by Benicio Del Toro, a Resistence warrior played by Gugu Mbatha-Raw that might be Finn's love interest, a female "cute idealist with a dark secret", the leader of a band of merciless warriors, and two bounty hunter brothers, one of which might be a Jedi.

>More on the Knights of Ren.
>>
>>78338864
ANH is a weak link in a saga where the prequels exist, yeah sure. ANH is the weak one
>>
What would you call episode 8 and why?
>>
>>78338881
>tell me about Phasma, why does she wear the mask
>>
File: HAHA shiba.jpg (151 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
HAHA shiba.jpg
151 KB, 640x480
>>78338864
>but as a part of a saga like then it feels like a weak link.

It is the saga. It is the defacto Star Wars movie.

It's better made and directed than nearly every other film in the series, second to Empire.

Weak link my ass.
>>
>>78338912
>The Hunt For More Money
>>
>>78338912
Star Wars The First Order Strikes Back
>>
>>78338870
Nolan's style is all wrong.
>>
>>78338942
I'm just trying to imagine William's doing the Inception Horn.
>>
>>78338905
>and two bounty hunter brothers, one of which might be a Jed

So these guys will be the new Boba Fett?
>>
>>78338912
>Episode VIII: Wrath of the First Order.
>Episode IX: Ressurgence of the Order.
>>
>>78338942
Nolan's style would be perfect. For the prequels.

No I'm serious
>>
>>78338905
>a Resistance warrior played by Gugu Mbatha-Raw that might be Finn's love interest

Gugu was on the short list but apparently didn't make it. Also she'd be nearly a decade older than John Boyega which is verboten in Hollywood.

My fingers are crossed for Gina Rodriguez.
>>
File: get out.jpg (102 KB, 689x517) Image search: [Google]
get out.jpg
102 KB, 689x517
>>78338907
>>78338929
Back to /tv/ with you lot.
>>
>>78338962
>Two "orders"
No.

Resurgence of the Light sounds better (or Dark depending on whether they want to end this trilogy in an ROTS downer way)
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 93

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.