[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Shows /co/ hates: >Rick and Morty >Steven Universe >Gravity
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 8
File: its all junk.jpg (58 KB, 200x285) Image search: [Google]
its all junk.jpg
58 KB, 200x285
Shows /co/ hates:
>Rick and Morty
>Steven Universe
>Gravity Falls
>Animaniacs
I love all these shows. Is something wrong with me?
>>
The only thing wrong with you is that you're expecting /co/ not to have shit taste.
>>
All of them, with exception of SU are decent.

But their fans keep making shitty threads, are obnoxious and annoying, so vocal /co/ hates them now.

Also.
>Thinking /co/ is one person.
>Thinking /co/ has the same opinion on things.
>>
>>78336406
People hate Anamaniacs? The only people I hear bash it are people who scream DATED!!!! At any show that has one reference to something of the time it was made at
>>
I think they hate the fandoms
I know damn well they are those fandoms
>>
>>78336406
>Shows /co/ hates:
Eventually EVERYTHING
ftfy
>>
File: spider-man-shrugs.jpg (111 KB, 640x481) Image search: [Google]
spider-man-shrugs.jpg
111 KB, 640x481
Well, Rick and Morty kind of fell victim to it's own popularity. I remember it being well liked here at first, but then it got too popular so people got sick of hearing about it being good and decided to start hating it instead.

Steven Universe is known as a Tumblr/Hipster show, and you know how much 4chan in general hates that, Gravity Falls I'd say is equally loved and hated most of the hate just seems to be trolls who don't watch Disney and yell "pedos!"

Animaniacs? Only people who hate it are retarded young kids who didn't grow up in the 90s and have no knowledge of pop culture being the neets they are, so they get really mad that they don't understand any of the jokes or references

For the record, I don't watch any "adult humor" shows so I've never seen Rick and Morty, do not like SU at all, like Gravity Falls and Animaniacs
>>
>>78336406
rick and morty first season and first half of season two was OK but /co/ was way too over-hyped for it and when the other half turned out to be mediocre peoples started calling the show shit.

also reddit jerk itself raw over rick and morty so the usual "it's popular, it must be shit' set up too.
>>
>>78336406
Gravity Falls is legit good.
R and M is good but overhyped.
Animaniacs is pretty bad in many aspects but it also has strokes of genius once every 5 episodes or so.
Never gave SU a try.

>>78336425
There are plenty of issues with Animaniacs besides being dated, chiefly the same damn unfunny jokes every single episode.
>>
nah, there just a bunch of vocal faggots who scream about how those shows are bad and even half of those are most likely just trolls
>>
Yeah, you're on the wrong website
>>>/reddit/
>>
>>78336446
As someone born in 1985 who spent his childhood watching old Hollywood movies, I can assure you that is not the issue with Animaniacs. When's the last time you watched Animaniacs?
>>
>>78336459
Anamaniacs has a lot of the same issues as Batman the animated series. Both were the 2 of the best cartoons airing at the time and they've lots of classic and really good episodes but people seem to only remember the gems. They forgot many episodes were just good but not amazing or okay and some were even kind of crap. They are great but if everything else wasn't crap at the time, they wouldn't be as remembered fondly as they are
>>
>>78336474
I watch Animaniacs whenever reruns are on Discovery Family/formerly Hub....which is not as often as they used to, but used to air it pretty frequently.....do, definitely within this year? Not that it matters since I watch episodes online from time to time/look up clips frequently.
>>
>>78336530
Having rewatched both recently BTAS holds up much better imo.
I had mostly good memories of Animaniacs but I was extremely disappointed.
>>
>>78336600
Fair enough, I was just checking if it wasn't selective memory.
>>
>>78336406
Gravity Falls is great as fuck.
>>
>people on /co/ hate Animaniacs

I guess that's what happens when you stick around one place long enough: you see all the young kids move in and take over with their shit taste. Can't wait until a few years from now for even newer kids to come and and label all Spongebob as shit
>>
>/co/ is a hivemind
I think Rick and Morty is pretty sweet, even though the second part of season 2 wasn't as strong at the first part.
>>
File: 1449700525689.jpg (32 KB, 520x385) Image search: [Google]
1449700525689.jpg
32 KB, 520x385
>>78336406

Gravity Falls is mostly liked around here, while the general is loathed. By the time it's over, almost everyone here will praise it, with a smattering of complaints similar to "Muh lion turtle" with Avatar.

Rick and Morty is painfully divided into people who like it, "S2 was shit" fags, and people who say "Reddit." Not a good idea to bring up in your favourites, and will likely start a flame war.

Most people think Animaniacs is dated, but mostly good, apart from Goodfeathers, Mindy and Chicken Boo. The dated shit is dated, believe me, but the ones that aren't are still very good. Great for 90s nostalgia comfiness.

Steven Universe is the only one that gets overwhelming rejection here, but there's still a devoted base. This is mostly on account of it's perceived sympathy for Far-Left Identity politics, and it's likewise political fanbase.

None of them are "Johnny Test-tier," the only show I have seen here where NO-ONE defends it.
>>
>>78337064
Why is Kent Brockman black?
>>
File: 5fIUmMm.png (553 KB, 466x725) Image search: [Google]
5fIUmMm.png
553 KB, 466x725
>shows /co/ likes:
>>
>>78337222
That's Tito Puente
>>
>>78337244
oh yeah, now I remember
>>
>>78337241

Boku no pico
>>
>>78336446
I'm fairly certain the hatred of Animaniacs has to do with the nostalgia critics appreciation of it.
>>
R&M is good, but it's painfully obvious from the posts made on here and /tv/ (not to mention reddit/tumblr) how the show spectacularly hit it off with drooling underage pop-science worshiping sycophants who truly believe it's one of the best animated shows EVER.

It honest to god makes me think less of the show to see people circlejerk over it like it was taken straight out of the arc of the covenant.
>>
File: 4chan sucks.png (148 KB, 618x594) Image search: [Google]
4chan sucks.png
148 KB, 618x594
>>78337475
probably this

/co/ is so transparent I could repane my windows with them
>>
>>78337475
Why that and not the fact that about half of it (Goodfeathers, Mindy and Buttons, Rita and Runt, Chicken Boo, Hip Hippos) objectively sucked?
I don't remember NC's video but I'm not surprised he praises it since so much of it is obviously trying to appeal to critics and other Hollywood enthusiasts.
>>
Stop equating "some people on /co/" with "/co/."
>>
>>78337647
This is literally the only way to talk about /co/ so stfu
>>
>>78337702
I really don't think "whoever howls the loudest about what they hate gets to be the face of the board" is the only way to discuss /co/.
>>
>>78336406
Most people on /co/ like R&M, GF and Animaniacs though. What are you smoking?
>>
File: large-Smiley-Face-0-3808.png (41 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
large-Smiley-Face-0-3808.png
41 KB, 600x600
>>78337702
>stfu
Are you alright there, buddy?
You're typing like a mental patient.
>>
>>78336600
Nerds are exactly like 20 years ago.
>>
>>78337702
No it isn't. You don't have to generalize. This way you are always wrong.
>>
>>78336406
oh my god who cares, like what you want to like. why give a shit about this shitty board's opinion
>>
>>78336406
/co/ loves SU. only edgy polacks come here to bitch about muh degenracy
>>
/co/ had a decent fanbase for all of those shows until autism patrol caught scent of each of them and made discussing them the cringiest thing since that foam video.

Anyone who says "it's stupid to let someone else ruin something for you!" Doesn't know what they're talking about.
>>
>>78336406
I was following you til you mentioned Animanics.
>>
>>78338519
Wrong. SU is just bad. I'm glad they ban the generals.
>>
>>78336446
>For the record, I don't watch any "adult humor" shows
That must suck.
>>
>>78337619
>Chicken Boo
>objectively sucked
YOU CAN GO STRAIGHT TO HELL YOU JOYLESS HUSK OF A NON-PERSON
>>
>>78337619
You better not be talking shit about Goodfeathers and Rita and Runt now.
>>
File: lurk curj.png (37 KB, 115x176) Image search: [Google]
lurk curj.png
37 KB, 115x176
>>78336406
Why's Steven Universe banned?
I know fuck all about the show, I just picked up that generals aren't allowed anymore.
The absolute fuck did it do? I'm intrigued.
>>
>>78338941
As near as I can figure, /co/ isn't allowed to discuss cartoons that make /v/ mad.
>>
What about Family Guy?
>>
>>78338822
The only complaints I've seen actually articulated towards the former is "Goodfeathers is just one joke based on one scene from a movie no kids should watch", but as a kid I found that one angry Joe Pesci-soundalike pigeon's rants hilarious even though I had no idea they were based on somebody else. Old cartoons are FULL of celebrity impressions like that, a lot of people don't realize how many Loony Tunes and Hanna Barbera characters were just VAs impersonating famous comics or character actors. And, if nothing else, kid-me could figure out they were parodying gangster movies based on the fact that they all answered to a big fat Marlon Brando-parody called "the Godpigeon".

As for Rita and Runt, ehh, I liked those sketches less than the funnier ones, especially when they'd kill half the runtime with singing, but even as a kid I felt the added seriousness and sincerity with which they treated their stories, like most of Animaniacs is just yuks and slapstick but Rita & Runt was more bittersweet. That made it feel kinda special. I still remember the episode where Rita found a litter of kittens and reluctantly takes care of them while sadly singing about how she'd never make a good mother. If Animaniacs aired nowadays, the livewatch threads would be full of "OMG FEELZ" everytime they got a short.

Buttons and Mindy get a lot of hate too, but I think that's residual anger because we all felt really bad for Buttons. But Wakko's Wish finally gave them a happy ending, so I let go of that anger a long time ago. Buttons is no Courage, but he's up there.
>>
>>78338941
There's a very vocal number of people who despise the show and try to bait it's followers every time they're detected in any thread so the fans of the show begin to think everyone who hates it is those same /pol/ or whatever knuckleheads so then both sides including people who hate the show, people who love the show, people who just don't like it that much, and people who think it's harmless all get sucked into circular arguments about tumblr and lesbians whenever it comes up. The only kind of discussion about it that was acceptable was the waifu worshipping and madness of the generals but even those are gone now.
>>
>>78339113
The crazy part is, it feels like exactly the sort of show old /co/ (circa 2007-2010) would go eat up with a spoon, but we've become too politicized for our own good.

As stupid as all the arguments about ATLA we got in back then were, at least every single debate wasn't turned into a shitshow by insecure fucks attacking the show for having more than 2 non-whites and a girl.
>>
>>78339261
I guess so, I don't know though. /co/ has changed a lot. I think story times becoming harder and cape films becoming so prominent basically mutated this board or at least drew in a lot more cross boarders and most of 4chans 'culture' is cancerous nonsense.
>>
>>78339347
I keep saying this, but ever since GR15 4chan culture has shifted violently in favor of discussion-prevention over actual discussion.
>>
>>78338941

Nothing, it's just on hiatus.
>>
>>78339464
I actually had a kind of eureka moment when I realized a year after I'd started lurking a few boards that most people on this site are either totally not genuine and are just shitposting because they can without fear of being down voted to oblivion like most websites or slack jawed retards who hadn't realized that yet.
>>
>/co/ hates Rick and Morty and Gravity Falls
When? I know the generals make shitty memes about how Justin and Alex are hack frauds but apart from that they're well liked.
>>
>>78336406
yeah you are a retarded manchildren enjoying shows created by and for the intellects of 8 year old children ...except for SU, that one was created by and for mentally handicapped sexual deviants.

>>78336446
Rick and Morty was always reddit comedy
>mr meeseeks LMAO!
Stoner humor at best.
>>
>>78338941
It's just on hiatus right now.

The hate for it, however, comes from the visual themes of the show and the ravenous fanbase it has making people scream "TUMBLR" and hate it without even trying it.
Those that do try it either find it overated but meh or get tied up in the deeper aspects of it or the waifus

In other words, it's nearly exactly the same as Undertale is on /v/. Only, Undertale really does make too many threads. At least when the general is around, things stay contained with SU for the most part.
>>
>>78338941
It isn't banned, there's three separate SU threads going on right now. The general just goes into hiatus the same time the show does, that's all.
>>
>>78336406
Rick and Morty has had a shit-eating fanbase here since it premiered. Whole threads were dedicated to endless back-and-forth "MY MAN" and "YES!" since the fourth episode, and it only got worse from there. There's nothing wrong with liking the show but it happens to appeal to a lot of horrible people i.e. teenagers that discourage people from associating with it, not to mention a lot of the fanbase thinks R&M is the second coming of Jesus and can't accept criticism of the show (not to mention a lot of false-flaggers defending the show the only way they know how). Some of it can be chalked up to contrarianism but its fanbase, at least on /co/, is really horrible. I'm surprised there isn't a /rmg/ yet, a lot of people seem to be pushing for it.

Steven Universe hate here is a maymay. I'm pretty sure 90% of the board who spouts how shitty it is don't know why they're supposed to hate it. I don't know why people hate it, I chalk it up to overrated + "muh deep cartoon" + /sug/ being awful + tumblr hatred.

/co/ likes Gravity Falls. The only reason /co/'s been shitting on Season 2B is because people have really high expectations for it and some of that criticism is justified considering the writers are cramming 1.5 seasons' worth of material into half a season. Oddpocalypse might also have benefited from being an actual movie instead of being formatted into 4 episodes. Notice most of the hate's in the generals anyways.

I've never seen /co/ hate Animaniacs, at least definitely not to the level of the other 3 you mentioned.
>>
>>78340059
>I've never seen /co/ hate Animaniacs, at least definitely not to the level of the other 3 you mentioned.
I've noticed a lot of threads lately bitching about it, there were 2 on the front page at the same time last week. What's notable is that Animaniacs threads on old /co/ were mostly full of people who grew up with the show, and we just sorta agreed to the general consensus that it was good, but some of the characters really couldn't support their own shorts (the Hip Hippos come to mind), with lots of Minerva Mink fapping and Chicken Boo RPing threads. We'd also, of course, fondly remember the risque jokes that went over our heads as kids.

Then, when it started rerunning on The Hub, there seemed to be a general wave of disappointment as people who rewatched it were reminded how uneven it was (still good for the time, I think that's true of earlier 90s cartoons in general - they ALL seemed to rely more on slapstick and pop culture parody, whereas nowadays even comedy cartoons are more plotted and reliant on dialogue-based humor.

THEN we have the current wave of people who were born in the late 90s/early 00s who never saw Animaniacs as kids but HAVE heard animation nerds rave about it, especially the ones who write nostalgia clickbait listicles, and they go back to watch it expecting the early 90s standards for "cartoons that're watchable for adults as well as kids" is the same as today's standards for that. They really aren't, and a lot of that is because Animaniacs DID set the bare standard at the time and everything worthwhile that's come after it has tried to up the ante in one way or another. Shit, i remember Freakazoid and the Pinky & The Brain spin-off show having sharper, more "adult" humor and situations, and those were literally immediate successors.

But hey, at least we're moving away from that wack time from 2005-2010 when everyone was like "REMEMBER MUHMANIACS? TOONS TODAY ARE SO PUSSY, NO KIDS SHOW WILL EVER BE AS EDGY AND ADULT AS THAT!"
>>
>>78337064
Right on. I really love SU I really do, but the fans really kill it for me. The IRL cosplayers, the online shitposters, and slow pacing is mentally grating for my personally.
Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.