[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
That boy is our last hope no their is another
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
That boy is our last hope
no their is another
>>
>>78329602
Did any of these fucks have a cameo in the movie?
>>
You have a general. Stick to it.
>>
>>78329620
They're all going to be dead by then. It's set almost fifty years after this and none of them are referenced in the OT.

What you're asking is like asking why Kyle Katarn, the super-jedi who started out as a bounty hunter who didn't even know he was force-sensitive and wasn't spotted when he became an Imperial Commando, isn't referenced in A New Hope as the guy who almost single-handedly brought the Death Star plans to the rebellion, or why ace starfighter pilot Maarek Stele and the other Emperor's Hands are never referenced on-screen, despite flying with Vader's personal flight on numerous occasions.

It's not in the movies because it isn't. Maybe nobody had thought of it then. Maybe there just wasn't time but they used the character concepts and storylines later. Maybe it's just filler. Who cares.
>>
>>78329620

I thought the old man who got killed by Kylo was either Kanan or Ezra.
>>
>>78329602
>their
>>
>>78329602
>no ass
>>
>>78330332
It's actually nothing like those things, because those things were A. Produced after the films in question and B. were never film-level canon.

Rebels is official canon and has been produced simultaneously with the new films. The more accurate reason is because they're in vastly different timeframe s.
>>
>>78331720
there is no canon, there are only stories
>>
>>78331783
this guy gets it
>>
>>78331231
I don't think there is any explanation on who he is.

A large chunk of the movie actually relied on the fact we don't know what's going on, which will be explained in other works or in sequels.

Wanna know about Jakku? Buy Star Wars Battlefront. Wanna know what the Resistance is? Buy Aftermath. Wanna know who Poe is? Buy Shattered Empire.

Wanna know why the fuck Luke is in hiding, and what the deal is with his Jedi who were backstabbers/victims of the backstabbers? See the next movie.

But to be fair, a lot of Star Wars used that in the OT too. Clone Wars was mentioned, never explained. We didn't know anything about Leia's father, only the vaguest idea of the Jedi. It took them decades to say what happened between Empire and Return. The bounty hunters appeared, but only Boba Fett was named or even important to the movies in any way.

Ord Mantell and Dantooine are both named but we don't ever find out anything about them.
>>
Max Von Syndow
Kanan or Ezra?
Also Hera will be in Rogue One, Ill bet on it
>>
>>78334434
I doubt it
>>
>>78334450
>>78334434
If Ahsoka trained Wedge, we're probably going to see her in that.
>>
>>78334325
>A large chunk of the movie actually relied on the fact we don't know what's going on, which will be explained in other works or in sequels.

And that's terrible
>>
>>78334450
Easiest to do since she isnt a bright pink mando or a jedi.
Shes just a pilot/engineer twilek
>>
File: mcu star-lord.jpg (328 KB, 1920x1278) Image search: [Google]
mcu star-lord.jpg
328 KB, 1920x1278
>>78329602
Warning: He's kind of a jerk.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.