[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Just saw an advertisement for this in BC. The fuck is this?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 195
Thread images: 21
File: More Like FAT.jpg (134 KB, 640x984) Image search: [Google]
More Like FAT.jpg
134 KB, 640x984
Just saw an advertisement for this in BC. The fuck is this?
>>
>I don't read comics, please spoonfeed me

Fuck off
>>
>>78328723
Faith #1 CGC variant cover... its a collectors item
>>
Do some people just get every number one graded on the off chance it could be valuable somewhere decades down the line?
>>
>>78328784
Found the indie-fag!
>>
>>78328771
Isn't something only collectible if someone wants it?
>>
>>78328723
>in BC
What's that?
Because if it's what I think it is then fuck you.
>>
>>78328813
Too young to remember the 90s?

>>78328825
Are you saying that indie comics are bad?

Capeshit is universally terrible.
>>
>>78328909
Bleeding Cool
>>
>>78328911
>muh buzzwords
>>
File: w1-etgame-a-20140428.jpg (715 KB, 2700x1856) Image search: [Google]
w1-etgame-a-20140428.jpg
715 KB, 2700x1856
>>78328838
well, the ET games that no one ever wanted became a huge collectors item when they found all them buried in the desert
>>
>>78328923
I'm with that guy, fuck you
>>
>>78328932
>whining about buzzwords
>calling anything that isn't capeshit "indie"
>enjoys capeshit

You is dumb
>>
>>78328723
>>78328923
Fuck off faggot
>>
>>78328723
>Holy cow!
>Has a cross on her jacket
>is fat
I just found India's new favorite superhero to rape
>>
>>78328938
So it'll be collectible based on how totally shit it is?

Nice.
>>
>>78328723
As much as I like new Valiant, its fanbase is mostly comprised of collectorfags who still live in the 90s.
>>
>>78328954
>getting this easily rustled

Kek
>>
so waht's this faith comic about?
>>
>>78328990
yes, people are stupid. remember when artists used to sell for millions shit smeared in a canvas and called it art?...no wait, they still do that,
>>
>>78329036
Fighting the good fight to end fat shaming.
>>
>>78329095
I'm sure half of /co/ secretely approves.
>>
>>78329036
She's fat but she feels good about herself.
Oh, and she has super powers, I guess.
>>
i've never read any valiant comics but i'm interested in a cute bbw superhero

will faith's solo book be a good jumping on point or is there anything else i should read first?
>>
File: FAITH_001_COVER-A_DJURDJEVIC.jpg (195 KB, 780x1200) Image search: [Google]
FAITH_001_COVER-A_DJURDJEVIC.jpg
195 KB, 780x1200
>>78329095
>Fighting the good fight to end fat shaming.
Pretty much.

A comic book about an everyday superhero, who happens to be female, who also happens to be plus-sized.

That's it.

Valiant is pretty good, and so few fans give them a chance. I'm waiting for the trade next spring.
>>
>>78329138
Read Harbinger, it offers some background info on her and it's one of nuValiant's better books.
>>
>>78328911
>Indieshit is universally terrible.
Fixed that for you.
>>
>>78329095
wasn't obesity declared a sickness long ago?
>>
>>78329154
gross. A fat girl wearing white, that outfit better have huge fucking sweat stains or I won't be able to suspend my disbelief.
>>
>>78329154
The creator of this realizes birds don't get zapped by power lines because they only sit on one at a time, right? This whale is too fat to do that without getting zapped.
>>
>>78329138
>i've never read any valiant comics
Since Valiant has their own universe, it's hard to find an entry point. I liked the first volume of Doctor Mirage from Jen van Meter and it was pretty good.
>>
>>78329187
B-but... she's confident in her body image!
>>
>>78329188
birds don't get zapped because the wires have a nonconductive covering.
>>
>>78329212
And all her doctors are confident shes gonna die before the age of 40
>>
File: 24w8tpz.jpg (203 KB, 1000x750) Image search: [Google]
24w8tpz.jpg
203 KB, 1000x750
>>78329138
>cute bbw

>cute
>fat

pick one

>>78329181
Healthy At Any Size

You are just bigoted and so is biology
>>
Faith is cute and I would bone her. Archer's gonna get all up in that
>>
>>78329212
she shouldn't be.
>>
>>78329188
Look closer around the cape area, she is only sitting on one but in a very awkward way.
>>
>>78329221
haha no they don't, the insulation required would be massive
>>
>4chan pretending to give a shit about health issues
Also, we've had this same thread like five times already. Enough.
>>
>>78329154
>plus sized
You can just say obese.
>>
File: video-game-crossplay-tf2-heavy.jpg (40 KB, 375x499) Image search: [Google]
video-game-crossplay-tf2-heavy.jpg
40 KB, 375x499
>>78329240
>pick one
You can be both.
>>
>>78329280
no.. just a thin rubber coating is all you need
>>
>>78329205
Actually one of Valiant's goals that they have been sticking to fairly well, is making every single arc a viable jumping on point. You can pretty much start anywhere you would like and be confident that you will be able to follow the story without many problems.

If this person has a specific interest in faith, he may however wish to take a look at harbinger, the series she is from. Faith was great in harbinger, and it makes perfect sense why she is receiving this solo mini.
>>
>>78329290
But if I don't take every opportunity to bellow about how much I hate fat chicks, people might realize that I secretly like fat chicks!
>>
>come in here assuming it's some wellmeaning but probably pisspoor comic about a christian superhero
>worried what /co/ has to say
>turns out it's just a chubbers
tone her face fat down a bit and she'd be fine.
>>
>>78329280
do you...
do you not know how electricity works?
>>
>>78329187
Jesus. I didn't know it was possible to accumulate fat on your forehead.
>>
>>78328911
Of course indie comics are bad. That's why they're indie comics, you fucking retard.
>>
>That filename

OP wanted the thread to turn like this from the very beggining.
>>
>>78329302
Suspended power lines are NOT normally coated, and it's totally safe to touch one as long as you are not touching anything else at all. That creates a circuit.
>>
>>78329329
Why not just tone all the fat down?
>>
File: lol cape.jpg (532 KB, 750x896) Image search: [Google]
lol cape.jpg
532 KB, 750x896
>>78329353
Because the big two are well known for their high standards.

Indie comics are 95% shit

Cape comics are 100% shit.
>>
>>78329340
Naw she's a qt pie
also that girl that did the thor cosplay that used to post was cute too.
>>
>>78329340
Nah they do a really good job diversifying genres of titles in a shared universe setting. They have maybe three or four things total I could call straight up capeshit, and one of those is a comedy series.
>>
>>78329280
would you say the insulation would need to be as massive as that whale?
>>
>>78329306
Kinda.

For probably Ivar, Ninjak, Eternal Warrior, and Doctor Mirage (which is pretty much entirely separate from everything else), you wouldn't need to know their history much apart from what's in the current runs.

With Unity, it'd still do good to know the characters, especially Livewire and X-O. You definitely need to know Bloodshot's history to understand the current/just finished run. Imperium, need Harbinger to understand whatshisface's goals and history. X-O is long as shit and you couldn't really just jump into a random arc to know what's going on.

I never read Punk Mambo because it looked like trash. Haven't read the voodoo one.

Q&W isn't terribly long nor does it have many arcs. So I guess you could jump into it randomly
>>
>>78329340
you're wrong on all three fronts faggot
>>
>>78329179

Your "favor" was not asked for, nor is it appreciated. Kindly refrain from doing any such "favors" in the furture
>>
But can she defeat her greatest enemy?

Cholesterol.
>>
>This whole thread

And you people wonder why Squirrel Girl had to happen.
>>
>>78328911
>Capeshit is universally terrible.
The two big mega-settings are pretty terrible and make things under them trend towards awful, but I wouldn't go so far as to say that superheroics are universally shit.
>>
>>78328747
Not very Christian of you, anon.
>>
>>78330002
Well in Book of Death she is one of the first heroes to die, and it's from natural causes
>>
>>78328825
>Indie comics
>Bad

Jesus
>>
>>78328938

I wonder if it even works.
>>
>>78330002
Ho Hooo she's fat!
Not like us Anonymous, the Mask of Anonymity magically makes us chiseled supermodels
>>
>>78329240
That lady is obese.

Character on comic cover does not look like she'd have pitted rolls of fat hanging down past her crotch. She IS fat, but "attractively" fat.
>>
>>78330589
>found the fat chick
>>
>There's one chunky landwhale in a world of supermodels and this needs a thread every week.
Fucking casuals. We should just have a daily Girls story time until the lot of you get scared off and the board is good again.
>>
>>78329240
That image would be great if it were not full of grammatical errors.

>>78330661
As an obese woman I can assure you that you are full of shit. Maybe you're getting morbid obesity confused with regular obesity? You only have to be 100lb over your ideal weight to be called obese. She definitely has the proportions of an obese woman, even more face fat than me.

Anyhow, I don't really have any bias against this comic, nor for it. I've heard she's a decent character, and I can see no reasons why a fat person can't have super powers other than being 'super fat'. If they don't pander to the 'fat positive' crowd, I'm all for seeing a wider range of body types in comics.
>>
>>78329154
Her hair hurts my eyes. Also, that wire should be as bent as the one from Pixar's short about blue birds.
>>
>>78329221
Birds don't get zapped because they have both feet on the wire, if they just have one foot on they're the end of the circut and toast. I drove past a dead hawk dangling from a electrical wire just last week, it's an odd sight but it happens.
>>
>>78328813
>tfw I'm like that with collector's editions for vidya and have a fuckton of different games' physical extras
>tfw I realize nobody will ever be looking to buy them, ever, yet I still do it just in case
>>
>>78329188
She can fly/hover, she's not actually putting her weight on the wires.
>>
>>78331289
Yeah, she's never been written in any cringe-worthy message pushing manner. The narratives never stop to impart some moral about being fat or anything. She's just a character. And she has the character traits of being a good, honest, moral-if-yet-naive person and a very valuable breath of freshness in not just stories that are heavily dark and full of dark characters, but a shared universe that largely numbers in them.

She definitely deserves her own solo mini at the least. Valiant gives a ton of their characters one-offs and shorts rotating in and out. If it is poorly written then we can be the judge when we read it, but for now all we can do is wait.

I can say that there is a 100% likelihood of me storytiming this mini.
>>
>>78329240
Oh please, people here jerk off to kids with huge heads, squirrels and otherkin. Don't act all offended now.
>>
>>78328813
Anon. Life is cycle. I hope the fucking second bubble burst happens soon.
>>
File: FaithCollectorsItem.png (345 KB, 528x704) Image search: [Google]
FaithCollectorsItem.png
345 KB, 528x704
>>78328723
>>
File: FaithCollectors.png (304 KB, 445x704) Image search: [Google]
FaithCollectors.png
304 KB, 445x704
>>78334525
>>
>>78329240

That's actually kind of awesome looking.
>>
Holy cow indeed.
>>
>>78329294
unf
>>
>>78330582
chances are. atari carts are fucking hard things to break, and underground in a desert is a good environment for preserving stuff.
>>
>>78328723

I see you've fallen for the trap, it's stupid complaining about this because it would be the same if Marvel did a miniseries about The Blob, both characters have been around for a while only difference is that Valiant is not really that well known to the public and they are trying to get recognized via thinking they are pandering to the SJWs when ironically they do that sort of stuff better than either Big Two company do.
>>
>>78329369
I wouldn't say it's totally safe. You are in a bad place if you managed to grab hold of a power line without touching anything else to do it and then there is the matter of getting down.
>>
Oh hey, I liked Faith in Harbringer. Supers whose main power is flight are underrepresented these days.
>>
>>78335130
"Fat Floats"?

But seriously what is he deal, she is overweight and has flight powers, how good is she at actual superheroism?
Also going by the name is she christian and that plays a part in her heroing?
>>
>>78335227
Read boom and see how good she is at superheroism.
>>
>>78334531
I really, really hate the outfit. Couldn't they put her something a bit more appealing. There's just so much solid white.
>>
>>78335130
Thats because your only power being flight is often lame as hell, unless you have superdurability or some sort of protective barrier to go along with it you can't even pull off the toptier flight abilities.

Hell Falcon can at least communicate with birds along with being highly intelligent and good at fighting, and the movies gave him guns to replace it because having a fancy jetpack is not an effective power on its own.
>>
>Faith Herbert was recruited by Toyo Harada to join his Harbinger Foundation. A latent psiot, Faith's ability of flight was unlocked by Peter Stanchek. Faith was present during Peter's attack against Harada, which resulted from Harada ordering Joe's (Peter's best friend) death. She saved him from the brink of death just as he was falling from the Harada Conglomerates building.Peter being badly injured requested Faith bring Kris Hathaway to him.

>Taking on the name Zephyr, she appeared at Kris' window asking that she see to Peter, as he is gravely injured from his attack against Harada. She agrees together Zephyr and she fly to the old abandoned post office, where Peter is lying sickly. He suggest to Kris that she should kill him for all the pain he has caused her, she however declines. Instead she petitions the idea of robbing a local bank with the help of Peter, and Zephyr, which he agrees to in hopes of putting him in good terms with Kris. Kris is able to lure Harada to her home informing him that Peter will be there, however it is all just a ruse. P.R.S. let out an airstrike on the home, thinking they'd had finally killed Peter, little did they know Harada was inside, he then proceeded to murder the remaining P.R.S. troops with his psionic abilities.

>Kris had her family moved to a nearby hotel and explained to them why she had to go away for a while and for them not to worry. Together, Zephyr, Kris, and Peter set out to track down anyone possessing latent psiot abilities before Harada could get to them.

>Zephyr possesses the psionic ability of flight. She's often described as bearing so much weight, yet being light as a feather.
>>
>>78330721
Right?
>>
File: qwfg.png (347 KB, 400x472) Image search: [Google]
qwfg.png
347 KB, 400x472
>>78329353
lol us comic readers
>>
>>78331605
Her ability is flight, family. She ways 0 lbs at all times.
>>
>>78335413
Then wouldn't someone running up and whacking her cause her to go into a crazy flying spin until she can gather her wits?
>>
File: Imagine being this delusional.png (78 KB, 763x812) Image search: [Google]
Imagine being this delusional.png
78 KB, 763x812
Fat people amirite?
>>
>>78329154
>plus-sized

Stop trying to normalise obesity.
>>
>toyo will never drive humanity to ultimate prosperity because of edgy prodigy, big strong dumbass, fat useless feel good girl and similar
>>
>>78335452
>doctor's appointments when you have a football-sized malignant growth

i'm tired all the time
>you should get that growth removed
yeah but i'm also concerned about my teeth
>you should get that growth removed
i can't see out of my right eye
>it's because there's a fucking bubble of skin covering your face that you should get removed you piece of shit
and i fell down the stairs and broke my nose
>we'll have to go through your tumor to fix your nose up, so you should make arrangements to remove the growth
wtf man enough about the growth i'm talking about my nose, one health problem at a time
>>
>>78335452
Fucking doctors man, trying to save your life and shit. Man, what a bunch of fucking assholes.
>>
>>78335503
It is normal anon
>>
>>78335713
Plenty of life-threatening shit is. Probably shouldn't label them with names that make them seem less serious than they are.
>>
What is her combat style? Does she flying bodyslam people? Does she buttstomp them from the sky?
>>
>>78335759
She writes angry tumblr blogs then spams her villains with links
>>
>>78328723
>Holy cow!
Joke writes itself.
>>
>>78335539
he never really tried to help his patient about that shoulder though
>>
>>78335798
Yes because I'm sure that's exactly what happened. The doctor didn't treat the injury at all.
>>
>>78335798
He's thinking about future falls, his shoulder probably wouldn't have broken if 300 extra pounds weren't slamming down on it.
>>
>can't show somebody smoking
>portrays obesity as positive even though more people in your country die because of that
Murrica
>>
>>78335845
To be fair that's just Marvel.
This isn't Marvel.
>>
>>78335227
She's pretty good, overall. For a long time in the book she just flies, by herself, like, not strong enough to carry passengers. But she manages to be optimistic and helpful to a low-power super team.
>>
You idiots are so easily angered that I want this book to be a hit for your tears alone.
>>
>>78335880
Anon, its Valiant. It's not going to be any kind of hit.
>>
File: 345234.jpg (34 KB, 640x451) Image search: [Google]
345234.jpg
34 KB, 640x451
>>78335880
Think the only one angry here is you, tubs.
>>
>>78330589
Speak for yourself, chubs.
>>
>>78330723
LOL found the fatty XD
>>
>>78328813
While I love the Valiant Fans forum, it is full of market speculators to the point where it almost seems counterproductive
>>
>>78335845
>>portrays obesity as positive

How the fuck do you figure? "Look at this fat character, existing and not miserable! Clearly an endorsement for obesity!"

Do you also think Deadpool endorses getting cancer to fuel regenerative powers?
>>
File: Super Pochaco.png (369 KB, 399x700) Image search: [Google]
Super Pochaco.png
369 KB, 399x700
Would be better as a manga with a manga art style.
>>
>>78336524
But Deadpool is clearly miserable and his cancer powers make his life all the more hellish.
>>
>>78329240
>>78335452
I would love to make a comic like this, and that her fatness is talked about in-universe, and she actually goes to see doctors and they admit she is litreally 100% healthy with how she is, and she becomes an in-universe icon for fat-acceptance.

Then, I'll drop a chapter where there's less crime-fighting and it focuses on her realization (spurred by the doctor) that actually she's healthy only because her heart is a super-heart, and ther bones don't brake, etc. She realises that all the lives she saves are not much compared with the long-term consequences of her influence on the world's public opinion.

She then tries to raise awareness on the subject, and it immediately shunned by many her greatest fans for being so weak minded and "internalizing society's beauty standards". Just like other superheroes elsewhere had trouble with public opinion (supes, batman, spiderman), she now faces public scorn.

And from that hatred, from an angry fat civilian, her next archnemesis is born...
>>
Celebrating Fatness is retarded, its like celebrating lung cancer or terminal leukemia.

I don't think we should outright shame fat people, but insisting that Obesity is "normal" is retarded, it is the height of arrogance and denial of reality when you want your "i'm killing myself quickly because I can't eat like a normal person" to be accepted as a good thing.

it isn't, it never will be, you will never reach old age, you will die painfully.
>>
>>78328838
No its based on availability, how eared the item is.
But also yes people want this, I mean they got it cgc'd
>>
>>78338470
You're saying that on board that promotes pedophilia, btw.
>>
Would a woman who was strongfat somehow be less empowering than one who is flat and floats around like a cloud?

I would make a super fighting woman who was big to emphasize physical power through size, she could easily be fast as well just not dainty, more like the speed of a locomotive.

Like I can see the gimmick/interplay design-wise too in making a big fun creampuff that floats around weighing nothing despite her stature, like a happy fluffy smiley cloud.
She is meant to be the "nice one" of her group who is more pleasant and moral in situations right? Guessing the rest of the cast are more antiheroic.
>>
File: absolutely disgusting.jpg (33 KB, 306x378) Image search: [Google]
absolutely disgusting.jpg
33 KB, 306x378
>people will finally pay attention to Valiant not because of the overall high quality of its books but because of stupid body politics

fucking kill me.
>>
>>78338600
are you trying to dismiss by some tangent association? one that isn't even true?

even if it were, pedo's are fucking retarded too.

maybe have a real point/arguement, hmm?
>>
>>78338613
being fat makes no sense regardless when you are fighting and lifting shit every day.

and sure, so long as the creampuff dies of pulmonary failure by 33.
>>
>>78338642
IKTF bro. I picked up the first 4 volumes of xo and the first ninjak and I was pleasantly surprised.
>>
>the character has a perfectly healthy hunky boyfriend.

so its just Tumblr, the Dream-Avatar then?
>>
>>78338723
I think by strongfat he means having a bodytype like Trunchbull from Matilda.
>>
>>78338746

Fat acceptance is only for fat women.
>>
>>78338723
Its entirely possible to fight and be big, you can have a gut and still be a good boxer/MMA fighter.
>>
>>78338746
Really? That sounds pretty pathetic.

You got a picture of the boyfriend character?
>>
>You can't just have a fat character! Media needs to be a platform for pro-social messages! THINK OF THE CHILDREN!

I thought you people died out in the '90s.
>>
>>78338788
yes, but those aren't really "fat" people, now are they?

whats in OP and what people want is just someone who's obese with zero muscle, definition or anything.
>>
>>78338812
we've had fat characters and they were fine, but this one is pushed, its "fat character" first and foremost.

everyone here fucking loves Butterball, but his fatness isn't pushed its a detriment for him.
>>
>>78335539
Sometimes these assholes tell you if you are male or female. And they call themselves professionals.
>>
>>78338746
Except Torque isn't really a muscled up guy, he's really a skinny ass pathetic cripple that uses his powers to project an outer appearance to shield himself from his massive insecurity.

Read the fucking comic before spouting off nonsense, faggit
>>
>>78335798
Because the landwhale never slipped.
>>
>>78338821
Well yes that's why the post you replied to said "strongfat" specifically, where you are fat but you have the muscle to carry it being covered by a layer of blubber.
>>
So, when are we getting superhero comic with a manlet character? I am talking 5'5-5'7.
>>
>>78338746
Capeshit is wish-fulfillment incarnate. Nerds usually don't get spider powers or date supermodels either.
>>
>>78338901
Fucking Wolverine, dude.
>>
>>78338901
Wolverine was a manlet, before they prettied him up.
>>
>Holy Cow
>>
File: uncanny-avengers-24-wolverine.jpg (172 KB, 1091x616) Image search: [Google]
uncanny-avengers-24-wolverine.jpg
172 KB, 1091x616
>>78338812
Why would you think that? People have been using bullshit "think of the children" rhetoric all over the place. Don't you remember when they tried to get Cho fired for drawing fanart and had the Batgirl cover pulled?
>>78338927
In his defense, Wolverine is only a Manlet when the artists try. Most the time he's average height or shorter than the guys who are like 6'3 anyways.
>>
>>78338927
>>78338939
Oh, it's kind of easy to forget these days.
>>
>>78338843
>we've had fat characters and they were fine, but this one is pushed, its "fat character" first and foremost.
how? if it wasn't for /co/ freaking out about this character, I wouldn't known who she was.
>>
File: image.jpg (55 KB, 225x351) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
55 KB, 225x351
>>78338901
There have been shorter.
>>
>>78338843
>>78339055
To be fair before she didn't get her own series she happened to be a fat shit, they weren't selling that about her.
But /co/ can't help but take the bait when some clickbait started hyping her as "plus size" heroine. And this thread is probably just some shill trying to spread word through negativity.
>>
>>78328938
thats actually a myth, you can buy it for like 5 bucks on ebay.
>>
>>78338859
>reading comics
Fuck off, tumblrite scum.
>>
Are there any fat male superheroes?
>>
>>78339199
Butterball, whose going to be a playable character in Lego Avengers.
>>
>>78339214
It was so retarded when they told him to fuck off just because he wasn't strong or fast.

For fuck's sake they had a guy drop into their laps who was literally invincible, can not be hurt in any way, give the fucker a stun blaster and have him walk right up to bad guys.
Even just as a decoy he was worth his weight in gold.
>>
Valiant is doing a month of 'slabbed variants', or variants that appear to be graded books, with the characters acknowledging that they are collectors item covers. Valiant is poking fun at their customer base.
>>
>>78339194
>Tumblrtards
>reading comics
Lol.
>>78339199
Butterball whose schtick is he will eternally be a tubby little shit. He got sent home because despite being indestructible in every way imaginable he was absolutely useless.
Frogman.
Druid. Dammit does anyone have the "you're fat" page?
I'm sure a couple obscure guys I'm forgetting.
>>78339284
I don't know, he's slow and weak. Give him a gun and it might just end up in enemy hands. Was he even adept at learning?
A diamond peashooter doesn't sound as worthwhile as you're trying to make it out to be.
>>
>>78339284
well he is in teams now, and that is basically his job, he's the vanguard, runs in and takes the first blows.
>>
>>78335503
this. anyone who denies that obesity is a major health problem in this country is an idiot. you can have obese characters, but it's a little scary when you portray them as a "normal" person who people can use as a role model.
>>
>>78339375
Except the writers at Marvel even realized how retarded they were being by making him a washout and without warning reversed it so he was a superhero. See >>78339457

Also all they need to do to stop any weapon they give him being used by others is put a DNA lock on it, simple as pie for agencies with access to comicbook supertech.
>>
>>78339375
He has infinite stamina and durability, he is basically the pinnacle of Persistence Hunting
>>
File: 100676-49279-ma-hunkel.jpg (19 KB, 357x479) Image search: [Google]
100676-49279-ma-hunkel.jpg
19 KB, 357x479
Red Tornado is the best fat superhero
>>
>>78339375
>>Tumblrtards
>>reading comics
Technically they do read comics.
They just read them one out of context page/panel at a time over the course of several years, surrounded by "articles" that tell them how to feel about the page/panel.

Kind of like how a guy that eats nothing but Big Macs is technically eating some lettuce.
>>
>>78340336
Mind you, that's not at all dissimilar from the people bitching about the comic in this thread.
>>
>>78340395
/co/ has never let a little thing like hypocrisy stop them from bitching about something.
>>
>>78329067
To be fair, alot of that is money laundering. There's almost no easier way to legally transfer millions of dollars than to have an "artist" make something you pay obscene amounts of money for.
>>
>>78328911
>>78330558
Woah guys a little on the defensive there eh? Did that anon say they were bad? Or are you repressing your true feelings?
>>
>>
>>78338099
i would buy this
>>
>>78335539
We should crucify those pieces of shit. Fucking hell man, its almost like they some sort of authority or credibility that earned through schooling and education. Fuck them, I am always fucking right. I'm gonna down my mountain dew and eat ho ho's because I am the only source of fact that this world gives me.
>>
>>78328723
This character has been around before some of the anons here were born and her last appearances weren't tumblrish at all.

Valiant so far hasn't dossapointed so I'll give them the benefit of the doubt.
>>
File: FAT.jpg (194 KB, 480x738) Image search: [Google]
FAT.jpg
194 KB, 480x738
>>
>>78339199
Middle-aged Nite Owl from Watchmen
Wonder Green from Wonderful 101
Steven from Steven Universe maybe? He has powers but probably isn't a "superhero"
>>
>>78335452
My father is a doctor and when I was a kid he used to sneak me in when he did surgeries so I could watch.

Well when he did surgeries on chubby people, not very fat but they were a little overweight, going through the fat on their stomach took a long ass time and I am thinking that's part of the reason why doctors don't want to risk surgeries on fat or obese people, they will take a butt load of time and risk their patient's life.
>>
File: 1419371434198.jpg (27 KB, 400x267) Image search: [Google]
1419371434198.jpg
27 KB, 400x267
>>78328747
This is one guy trolling threads btw. He's bitter and lonely and hates everything and everyone. I call him Thurman.
>>
>>78342854
Think I'll call him Thurmanon, though.
>>
>>78329154
> A comic book about a female, who happens to be plus-sized, who also happens to be a superhero

FTFY
>>
>>78339654
Yeah, seriously there's a reason why most fat characters in the past were kept as either comic relief or villains. It's because their fatness is caused by pure gluttony which is an excess in itself of eating. They possess a negative trait that should not be looked at as positive.

Gluttony signifies a simple loss of control. You're supposed to eat enough so that you're able to go about your day, not to the point where you develop fatness which is unattractive to a lot of people and can bring about more health risks.

Also, I know that there's just a few people that may have some problem which results in them being fat, but not many people face this problem, otherwise I don't really think that fatness would've been a rarity back in the past middle ages where only lords, nobles, and kings got enough food to fatten themselves.
>>
>>78338099
Wow, I like it
>>
>>78347260
>>78341830
well, I ain't gonna write it, but it ends like this:
the archnemesis dies from being fat
>>
>>78328747
>spoonfeed

Pay attention kids, this is a term used exclusively by cunts.
>>
>>78328911
No, he's saying indiefags are bad.

And he's right. Most of them are shitheads who can't handle the fact that people are going to read what they want to read and that there's nothing wrong with that.
>>
>>78329036
She's a fat nerd girl.

That's all you need to make a good comic, right?
>>
>tfw male
>tfw fat yet inexplicably healthy
>tfw you hate when body positive assholes go on about MUH CURVES or whatever, shaming anyone in decent shape
>tfw you also hate when /fit/ starts screaming at you for existing

I never asked for any of this.

Fat acceptance is okay, because it's possible to be both fat and healthy. It's the fat POSITIVITY movement that's a load of shit. The goal should be body acceptance, for fat people, skinny people, scrawny people, muscular people, everybody.

Goddamnit.
>>
So what does she do?
>>
>>78348112
Whine.
>>
>>78348112
Flight and general enthusiasm.
>>
>>78348194
She can also allow others to fly by extending her flight field or some shit
>>
Am I going to have to story time all of Harbinger in order to educate you faga about Faith and the Valiant universe in general?
>>
>>78348338
please don't

We'll let the thread die, I promise. Just don't post that indie garbarge
>>
>>78348338
Please do, we could always use more Valiant threads.
>>
>>78348338

Do Ninjak instead, cuz it has ninjas.
>>
File: fff.jpg (210 KB, 1500x943) Image search: [Google]
fff.jpg
210 KB, 1500x943
>>78329154
Thread replies: 195
Thread images: 21

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.