[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can we all agree that he was a bigger cunt than Turbo?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 51
File: gene.jpg (1 MB, 1571x769) Image search: [Google]
gene.jpg
1 MB, 1571x769
Can we all agree that he was a bigger cunt than Turbo?
>>
If only this had been about the Donkey Kong game

why must intellectual property laws ruin everything
>>
>>78327327
Difference is DK wouldn't have ever worked in this case
>>
>>78327283
how come none of those assholes realized Ralph was the second most important character in the game until the minute he quit and then still tried to give him shit over quitting
>>
>>78327616
Because Ralph was the antagonist in their game. They were too busy seeing him as the villain to see his importance to their narrative.
>>
>>78327327
The Donkey Kong arcade game is about Cranky Kong.
>>
File: Princessvanellope.jpg (1 MB, 1919x804) Image search: [Google]
Princessvanellope.jpg
1 MB, 1919x804
>>78327283
Can she be added to the list? I still think it would have been better if it turned out she was her game's villain.
>>
>Characters live in a game
>They have the self awareness to realize they are all living in a game
>They also realize that they are all just playing their roles in said games
>Still act like fucking dipshits to "villain" because he plays a villain

Fuck every single person in that game who wasn't Felix. He at least treated Ralph with some respect.
>>
File: 33685405.jpg (86 KB, 700x667) Image search: [Google]
33685405.jpg
86 KB, 700x667
>>78329476
Not in a Disney Kid's Movie.
>>
File: Turbotastic.jpg (64 KB, 799x533) Image search: [Google]
Turbotastic.jpg
64 KB, 799x533
>>78329476
>Kicking this shitty bitch out of her game
>"Villain."

Turbo quite literally did NOTHING wrong

Vanellope a shit
>>
>>78329515
Speaking of weird crap that comes from being a self aware video game character...

Calhoun's fiance isn't real, and never was. But because he's a programmed part of her backstory, she still feels the trauma of watching him get eaten by a cybug. That's fucked up.
>>
File: 1384412322033.jpg (44 KB, 570x650) Image search: [Google]
1384412322033.jpg
44 KB, 570x650
>>78327283
Yes but I like to think he got what he deserved.
>>
>>78327283
He didn't got anyone killed like turbo, but he's still a huge cunt
>>
>>78329591
>Ahhhh ohhhh jimineeee
>>
>>78329476
Ralph x Vanellope seems to be mostly platonic so she was not a bigger cunt, she was a tiny tight sweet cunt.
>>
>>78329515
>>78328605
>>78327616

Gene: What's he doing here?
Felix: He's just here for a slice of cake!
Ralph: and technically a big part of the game..why are you here Gene?
>>
>>78329576
I hate this shitty meme.

Turbo also destroyed two arcade machines, killing or orphaning everyone that lived in them. As soon as Sugar Rush stopped being popular, he'd destroy that world too and invade the next most popular racing game.
>>
>>78329591
IM GONNA WRECK IT!
>>
File: images.jpg (4 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
4 KB, 200x200
>Felix was actually a nice guy who came to consider Ralph his friend, if not his brother in arms

I did not see that coming. Usually you expect him to be the pretty boy Gaston-type who thinks he is all that. But his humble texan nature just really warms up to you.

It's still my headcanon that he's ancestor to the Engineer.
>>
>>78329715

Your headcanon is stupid just like every other headcanon.
>>
It's not just Ralph's game, it's EVERY bad guy. They're treated like shit for doing a necessary job. They're given nasty looks, stopped by security, and they need a friggin self help group to get by for god sake.
>>
>>78329758
Because in their worlds, they're the bad guy.
Did anyone actually watch this movie?
>>
>>78329715
i swear i've seen a comic of that idea
>>
>>78329751

>small guy who fixes stuff by bashing it with a golden work tool
>fights a guy over 5 times his size
>texan accent
>has a thing for girls with guns

I'm just saying. It's a neat little thing to ponder on.
>>
>>78329715
>pretty boy Gaston-type
>awkward dwarf-like repairman whose only achievement is inheriting his "business" which caters to the building he lives in
I expected everyone to like Ralph because he wanted to be a good guy, but was forced to be bad, so I was shocked when most people didn't like him
>>
>>78329778

It'd be like if all the Disney Parks costumers gave Captain Hook's actor shit and wouldn't eat with him. Totally not a reasonable excuse.
>>
>>78329778
While I can understand why the other characters might be wary of them, the other guy is pointing out that they're just playing a defined role they have been given. It's like declaring an actor evil because they played a villain in a movie.
>>
>>78329811

>Fights a guy over 5 times his size
>Texan accent
>Has a thing for girls with guns

Anyone from Texas.
>>
>>78329449
Yes, but back then HE was the Donkey Kong.
>>
>>78329861

His artstyle is also a mix between cartoony and realistic, fitting both Calhoun and Felix's artstyles in a middle ground scenario.

But I'm not trying to push it. It's just something I thought of.
>>
>>78327327
DK already became a hero, well at least his son
>>
>>78329886
Both his son and grandson actually. His son is DK Jr., who's the protagonist of Donkey Kong Jr. DK Jr's son is modern day Donkey Kong, who stars in the DKC series.
>>
>>78329828
well, to be fair, captain hook actors don't have an innate ability to break everything. that ralph was collateral damage man seemed to be their main gripe with him
>>
>>78329683
He found a way to stay relevant in a world where losing relevancy meant losing everything.
And he coincidentally made Sugar Rush MUCH better as a game which is the most important thing.
The only thing he did wrong was lose.
>>
>>78329861

Fixing things by whacking them with a hammer is also a common technique.
>>
The characters of Hero's Duty had a rough deal. They're forced to endure hellish combat every day. And the worst bit is that since it's a rail shooter, they know when bad shit will happen but can't change a thing
>>
>>78329449

Cranky looks like 90. DK didnt take place THAT long ago.

Mario is still the same age today
>>
>>78329951
Donkey Kong Country straight up states that Cranky Kong is the DK in the original Donkey Kong. Kongs just age faster than people or something.
>>
>>78329522

Kid's movies still have villains in them.

And even HER movie still had a villain in it.
>>
>>78329907
i thought they retconned that
doesn't make much sense DK Jr. hasn't shown up for so long not even once in DKC
and seems in character for current Donkey Kong to tease his father by calling him grandpa
>>
>>78329987

Usually not the character most small children would find relatable.
>>
>>78329828
In that situation it's somebody pretending to be an established villain from a fictional series from your youth, because that's their job. Not quiet the same as someone's job being a real villain. Yes, that's how the game works, but Ralph is still fucking up their Hotel.
>>
>>78330027
Donkey Kong doesn't really talk that much, it's Cranky Kong that calls himself the grandpa.
>>
>>78329987
Imagine if Woody murdered all the other toys at the end of Toy Story 2... do you see any problems with this scenario?
>>
>>78329951
Gorillas age faster than humans/The Nintendo universe timeline does not directly parallel the timeframe the games are released in. This does leave you wondering if Mario is incapable of aging because of magic mushrooms or some shit, or if like DK, that is NOT the same Mario from the main series. Is there a Grandpa Mario who was an animal abusing carpenter?
>>
>>78330063

And it's immediately getting fixed!
>>
>>78330108
Smash Bros.: Brawl says that the Mario that DK Junior tangled with is not the same Mario as the one who saves Princess Peach.
>>
>>78330108

Well, the damsel in distress of that game was just some girl, not a princess. Maybe Mr. Video/Jumpman is Mario and Luigi's father or grandfather.
>>
Okay, here's what gets me.

So the only reason King Candy was a racer was due to Turbo commandeering it. All the other Sugar Rush game cabinets in the world would have Vanellope instead of him

So some of the kids looking up Sugar Rush on the Internet would learn that King Candy shouldn't be a racer and that a character named Vanellope should be there

Sooner or later people would start learning about this unique cabinet. Maybe even traveling to see it.

There's no way this Sugar Rush game would never get discovered
>>
>>78330108
LORE
O
R
E
>>
>>78330222
Arcades aren't as common as you'd think man
>>
>>78330152
Brawl also said that Kaptain K. Rool is King K. Rool's brother, so the accuracy of that is questionable
>>
>>78330222

Yeah? What's your point? That's probably why it was the most popular game.
>>
>>78329778

And presumably All of THOSE games would be self-aware, too. So there's no reason Ryu and Dhalsim should give M. Bison shit, either
>>
>>78330193
Her name was Paulina and she was Jumpman's girlfriend.
>>
>>78330276

Well, it kinda makes sense for games like Street Fighter, where there's like a plot. Like >>78329586 said, they have some history programmed into them. I've only ever seen the goofy movie, but if Bison actually did have Thighmeat's family killed when she was young, it'd make sense that she and her friends dislike him.
>>
>>78330222
Honestly I doubt any care enough to go home and google arcade games. I wouldn't. I do wonder why nobody ever noticed Vanellope on the side of the cabinet earlier though. Maybe they just thought she was scrapped last minute or something.
>>
>>78327283

I thought it was more a joke, if you notice in the game's opening animation Ralph grabs gene and just tosses his ass, the guys not even in the game for more than a second. although, he's in later scenes that contradict it, I think he's just butthurt he's Ralph's cannon fodder.
>>
>>78330313

Yes...?
>>
>>78330259

No argument there. But many games still have followings. There's no way this particular cabinet would remain unnoticed by Sugar Rush enthusiasts. Some fan would inevitably mention that his Sugar Rush has King Candy instead of Vanellope

>>78330267

People would start investigating it.

Eventually the manufacturers would learn about it. They would logically guess the game got hacked, and as such have it returned. Maybe even demolished or have the memory wiped.

In short Turbo's actions would lead to the death of everyone in that game
>>
>>78330328
>Honestly I doubt any care enough to go home and google arcade games.

Of course they would. When the internet first came around I looked up Don Bluth games
>>
>>78329522
Where's the full pic?
>>
>>78330476
That is the full pic.
>>
>>78330448

It doesn't affect gameplay at all. It would just be this unique, interesting thing. Since it's special, it would likely rise in popularity. There would be rumors of "the Sugar Rush cabinet from another world." If there really were Sugar Rush enthusiasts, they would go out of their way to play it at any opportunity. People like "special." It would be more likely to inspire the Sugar Rush people to make an actual King Candy than to destroy it, and even if they offered to I doubt the owner would take them up on it.

Hell, people probably enjoyed the racing game without a teleporter a helluva lot more.
>>
>>78330328
The game's gimmick was that it had a lot of characters, but only 9 were playable each day. My guess is that everyone assumed Vanelope just wasn't picked on the days they visited.

Besides, weirder shit exists. In Jambo Safari, beating the game will show you a teaser clip of a legendary emu-like creature telling you to look out for it. There's no way to actually encounter it.
>>
File: NewPenelope.jpg (13 KB, 321x330) Image search: [Google]
NewPenelope.jpg
13 KB, 321x330
>>78329758
Hi. I'm from the Sly Cooper games. I know the games have been out for a while, but you see, I have only recently become a bad guy...
>>
>>78330690

Jesus. I always thought the Sly Cooper characters looked pretty good. She's ugly as shit.
>>
>>78329945
So edgy.
>>
>>78330759
We don't talk about Sly 4
>>
>>78330899

We're talking about it right now.
>>
>>78330972
Who's talking about what
>>
>>78331001

You and me. We were just talking about Sly 4.
>>
>>78331019
What the fuck? Shut up idiot
>>
>>78330823
You told him with those hot buzzwords anon.
>>
>>78331031

What?
>>
>>78329591
And in the morning after wrecking her orifices and smashes them all with a hammer back into being tight and firm.
>Hey Ralph, how do I "Wreck It" if you know what I mean.
>>
>>78330222
Also the events take place within a couple weeks irrc
>>
>>78331155
Not sure which events you mean exactly but I thought it was implied Turbo had been running Sugar Rush for years, not weeks.
>>
>>78331204
Because Ralph mentions that its a new game, and as one of the oldest denizens of the arcade he knew a lot of the characters.

so its kinda implied that the game has recently been put in.
>>
The street fighter guys must have it the worst with all those new edition cabinets
>>
File: 1362039233825.jpg (39 KB, 500x340) Image search: [Google]
1362039233825.jpg
39 KB, 500x340
>>78329449
>>
>>78330222
The game have different racers every day. Also maybe King Candy was a reskin of an existing character that turbo took the form of.
>>
>>78331238
I don't remember him saying that, just that he'd never been there.
I just assumed King Candy kept it pretty locked up, and if not it doesn't seem the place Ralph would've visited anyway.
>>
>>78331261
Or maybe they just get clones with every new cabin so they just work in turns.
>>
File: tumblr_nc3y3yEFsA1r16th2o6_1280.jpg (233 KB, 968x1280) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nc3y3yEFsA1r16th2o6_1280.jpg
233 KB, 968x1280
>>78329715
>But his humble texan nature

He's actually Georgian and has a Dixie accent. And yeah, it was a nice surprise that he ended up being pure moe all throughout instead of an asshole.
>>
>>78331469

Seeing as their worlds were connected by cables and wires, I doubt there's anything more to them than what that particular arcade has. Maybe if they could make their way to an internet connection.
>>
>>78330222
The game had different racers every day, that was the point of the race with the coin, to see who the racers for that day would be. Its possible King Candy didn't race that often or people thought he was just a really random character while Vanellope was an unsociable that hadent been met yet.
>>
>>78329922
>>78330063
But if he doesn't play this role, that he SAYS he doesn't want to play, they all lose that hotel and the whole world they live in.
Then when he lives, they give him shit like "OH I know we treated you like shit, but you should SUCK IT UP and TAKE IT because now WE'RE in trouble, and only WE matter, dipshit!"
>>
>>78331523
I mean there is a street fighter game in the arcade and there is one ryu and one ken. When another street fighter game is installed the. There are two ryus, and two kens. If the older one is uninstalled the characters could move to the other game and act as substitutes or work in turns with them.
>>
>>78330152
DK Junior killed Jumpman at the end of his game. I just assumed Jumpman was Mario and Luigi's fathers. Making it that Jumpman and Kranky Kong fought each other, Donkey Kong got revenge and killed Jumpman, and little orphan Mario and Luigi were saved by Yoshi.
>>
>>78329945
By turning Vanelope into a glitch, he actually made the game shit due to her being OP as fuck
>>
>>78332805

The way I understood it, teleporting was her special ability, it just expressed itself poorly once she was a glitch.
>>
>>78330328
Sides of arcade cabinets always had stuff that didn't quite match with the game. Like that thing on the Space Invaders cabinet sure as fuck didn't look like the stuff you killed in game.
>>
>>78330899
Sly 4's the only one I've played. It was alright.

Only thing bullshit on this game was trying to get the Rocky training montage trophy. That and the pointless open the map in every single area one were the only ones I missed
>>
File: Best DK game.png (198 KB, 350x405) Image search: [Google]
Best DK game.png
198 KB, 350x405
>>78329449
I'd like to see OG arcade DK in Fender Bend-it Fernando 2. I prefer his design to the modern DK's.
>>
>>78329586

Well, unless it was stated to all be in her "Mind", that flashback might have been a cutscene in the game we never see. Meaning she was programmed to relive that moment
>>
>>78329945

Yea, you're a fucking retard or baiting
>>
>>78331261
>>78331469
>>78331523
>>78332149
I like the idea presented in the fanfic Life In 16 Flavors, that a character from one game in a franchise can choose to move into another game in the same franchise if orphaned from their original game, in which case they merge with their newer version, taking on the appearance of the latter, but retaining their old memories and personality traits(we see an example of this with the Classic Sonic from Sonic The Fighters, who was originally from a SegaSonic The Hedgehog machine, and made the transition after a couple years of being homeless due to his original game breaking)
>>
>>78331523

Isn't the internet one of the teased possibilities for the sequel they've been hinting at?
>>
>>78332928

Eh, at least it wasn't as retarded as "Let's have some random character merge with the first game villain and create a stupid hybrid"
>>
File: radd.jpg (56 KB, 517x315) Image search: [Google]
radd.jpg
56 KB, 517x315
>>78333917
You should read Kid Radd
I promise it's better than it looks.
>>
>>78329950
>Live, Die, Repeat
>>
>>78329950

It really does paint a bleak picture of things.

Toy Story usually implies every toy starts out with a "programmed" behavior that they shed as time goes on (though why Woody remembered NOTHING of his origins is anyone's guess), whereas the icons or whatever you call them in Wreck-it Ralph are pretty much forced to constantly perform the same routines daily, and can only "break character" to a limited extent.

Of course, then the ending throws a bit of a curveball with Q-Bert and his friends somehow merging into Ralph's game like they were always there
>>
>>78334230
They lived in the Grand Central Station-like hub between games, essentially homeless, due to having to flee from their own game that had been disconnected. This means they can live on indefinitely even with their game gone, but without a home or a purpose.
>>
So why was Zangief in the bad guy support group anyway he has never been a bad guy in the games, the only time he has been one is in the not canon american cartoon.
>>
>>78331272
>doesn't know about the lore
>>
>>78329758
>>78329828
You guys don't get it. Ralph is not "playing" a role as a villain, and none of the other villains are "playing" a role. They are all "filling" the role. They ARE villains, that's what they are programmed to be. The movie makes it clear that every character has their proper place. Like, that's what the movie is about. These are bits of programming that happen to have off time, not actors. So while the other characters are being prejudiced by treating the villains like shit, it is understandable.
>>
>>78331238
I remember that they said Hero's Duty was a new game, but not Sugar Rush.
>>
File: 1429398659055.jpg (48 KB, 438x397) Image search: [Google]
1429398659055.jpg
48 KB, 438x397
>movie establishes that the gameplay of the games is essentially a 9 to 5 job
>characters clock in and out of work then go home
>established that outside of the game's the characters don't share the same personalities they have while in the game
>all of them still treat Ralph shit regardless despite him acting nice to them
>basically force him to sleep and live in piles of trash
>guilt trip him for leaving the game when they essentially harassed him out of it
So they're a bunch of assholes who deserved to have their shit wrecked
>>
>>78334733
If I remember correctly, Zangief was originally a villain.
>>
>>78335135

not really. He was just a dude from the USSR. The shitty movie made him a badguy but in the game he was a beloved icon of his people
>>
I like to think Gene had an accident after the events of the movie and died. Or got bodysnatched by Turbo
>>
File: vlcsnap-2015-12-21-21h54m01s66.png (2 MB, 1920x808) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2015-12-21-21h54m01s66.png
2 MB, 1920x808
>remember if you die outside your own game you dont regenerate

so what about these guys?

were they just looking for a place to die?
>>
>>78329683
Yeah, I agree. I'm very tired of the "Villain did nothing wrong" edgelord meme.
>>
>>78335188
There's probably some loophole, like they shared the same motherboard components.
Companies used to do this to cut down costs, just replacing the ROM.
>>
Don't forget
>They get annoyed that the house gets trashed by Ralph, even though Felix can fix the house instantly
>>
>>78335188
>remove hazards that will kill them
>pretend dying instead
That was hard
>>
>>78335139
>>78335135
He's just there to support M. Bison. Also to get free cookies.
>>
>>78329951
>>78329973
>>78330108
Mario wasn't in the original Donkey Kong, that character's name was Jumpman and he was a carpenter instead of a plumber. Wearing the same clothes =/= being the same person.
>>
>>78335135
>>78335139
Yeah, Zangief was just another fighter...the only actual villains in old Street Fighter games would be Shadowloo members and Akuma

>>78335188
I don't remember, but wasn't that part of the credits sequence? Probably just a non canon thing
>>
>>78331238
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-LEY2rO5Sl4

Sugar Rush came out in 1997 you dingus.
>>
>>78334733
The Director said when he was a kid, he couldn't beat Zangief, so in his mind, he was a Villain.
>>
>>78335188
I always assumed they messed with the source code, like King Candy did. Making them a part of the game.

And before anyone points out King Candy dying in Sugar Rush; he didn't die. He was eaten by a Cybug and fused with it, meaning he was now from Hero's Duty, which allowed him to die.
>>
>>78335434
Akuma isn't evil just an edgy asshat that wants to fight strong fighters
>>
>>78329849
To be fair though, a lot of actors get type-cast and can't move away from the role sometimes.
>>
>>78329591
Every morning she wakes up a virgin and every night he takes it away from her.
>>
>>78335579
True, but it depends on how you look at it I guess, if you consider Ryu the focal character then you could consider Akuma a villain since he "killed" his father figure
>>
>>78335605
sure they get typecast but professional actors know better than to confuse an actor and his role
>>
>>78335636
I figure that it takes a long time to start questioning your programming. A lot of the villains from the help group were older and were having doubts but hadn't worked up to actually doing anything different yet.
Ralph, being one of the oldest villains, managed to work through doubt and into action.
Maybe Villains at the start stay in their roll after the game is over and continue being villains until after years roll by and they ask themselves, what's the point?
Ralph could have been a massive destructive jerk and the people still remember constantly losing their homes.
>>
>>78329696
That was not worth spoiler text.
>>
>>78327283
I didn't know they made an animated Paul Blart movie.
>>
>>78334178
That was an okay movie.
>>
File: Dino Baby - Judging You.png (124 KB, 327x434) Image search: [Google]
Dino Baby - Judging You.png
124 KB, 327x434
>>78334178
>Not calling it Edge of Tomorrow
>>
>>78335799
>not calling it All You Need Is Kill
>>
>>78329576
i still say that turbo and the king were two different entities, watch then end and prove me wrong
>>
>>78335698
hes not the bad guy at the start tho, they stole his land and push him in to the junk yard, he had a right to be pissed off. and then they don't acknowledge him on the games anniversary. i would be pissed off too
>>
>>78334230
>(though why Woody remembered NOTHING of his origins is anyone's guess)
Woody's a toy from the 60s, while the film takes place in the 90s. Buzz pretty much lost the Space Ranger personality within a few weeks and had forgotten how he used to behave by the time TS2 happened.
>Tell me I wasn't this deluded
Plus, Woody doesn't have a reset function like the newer, programmable toys, so he can't revert at a moment's notice like they can.
>>
File: popeye-bluto-jpeg.jpg (71 KB, 620x397) Image search: [Google]
popeye-bluto-jpeg.jpg
71 KB, 620x397
>>78327327
Or a Popeye game.
Did you know, Donkey Kong was originally meant to be a Popeye game. But Nintendo somehow lost the rights to do it, and they had to invent their own characters for it.
>>
>>
File: 2013-02-18-559133.png (653 KB, 740x1179) Image search: [Google]
2013-02-18-559133.png
653 KB, 740x1179
>>
>>78329794
>>
>>78330222
What gets me is how did turbo survive when he fucked up the other game, he was basically in the center of a nuclear explosion
>>
>>78336338
Vanellope's too young for a dress like that.
>>
>>78336630
they probably didn't turn it off straight away, like they did with fix it Felix, they put the out of order sign up and left it so turbo got a chance to escape, or he saw his machine getting turned off and deduced the one he was in was next and ran for the exit.
>>
File: 1409769731880.jpg (12 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
1409769731880.jpg
12 KB, 200x200
>>78336655
I'm afraid you're pissing in the wind saying stuff like that here trip-dubs.
>>
>>78335707
And that post was not worth writing
>>
>>78330448
>People would start investigating it.
>Eventually the manufacturers would learn about it. They would logically guess the game got hacked, and as such have it returned. Maybe even demolished or have the memory wiped.
>In short Turbo's actions would lead to the death of everyone in that game

Yeah. Turbo already did that two times. It's the exact reason he's so infamous.
>>
>>78336725
if you turn off a machine then on again will they still be there
>>
File: Dong.webm (3 MB, 720x450) Image search: [Google]
Dong.webm
3 MB, 720x450
>>78329449
>>78329951
>>78330108
I can't believe I have to post this as a legit video, but the dude does use sources.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HqmrztzTMtI
>>
>>78335076
>Frank down in accounting is a real fucking asshole.
What do you mean, he does charity work on the weekends.
>He's up in my ass every day whining about expense reports and budgetting, when its my department that makes the fucking company actually work.
He's a father of four.
>He actually dared to tell me that I had to cut spending. If I don't spend, the company grinds to a halt and nothing happens!
Look, I think you're misunderstanding that its just a job...
>It is the majority of my day, a defining characteristic of my life, and all he does is fuck up my shit and make my life harder! He's a worthless piece of garbage and I hate him!

Jobs be serious, yo.
>>
>>78335076
THIS!
>>
>>78330548
Malfuntioning arcade cabinets are usually recalled. Maybe it would've lead to an officiql king candy but before that cabinet dies in an IT lab.
>>
>>78336655
She is just chibi. Just like Ruby Gloom.
>>
>>78336725
>Yeah. Turbo already did that two times. It's the exact reason he's so infamous.

Yes. I know. But he would get killed too when the manufacturers get the machine and demolish it.
>>
File: image.jpg (22 KB, 415x300) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
22 KB, 415x300
>>78336685
He was basically Shrek. Have his home taken and fights to recover it.
>>
>>78330448
>There's no way this particular cabinet would remain unnoticed by Sugar Rush enthusiasts. Some fan would inevitably mention that his Sugar Rush has King Candy instead of Vanellope

No. There can be several variations of the same game released at any given time. Lord knows how many fucking SF2 cabinets are out there with different rosters, and games like Mortal Kombat would have unlockable characters on the roster. King Candy would be written off as some weird variation or potentially an unlockable, but nothing about that situation is odd enough to warrant anyone blinking twice at it. Not even the cabinet art means a whole lot, since cabinet art is always really weird in comparison to the actual game. Hell, it wasn't unheard of to get game transplanted in to cabinets belonging to a different game.

The final nail in the coffin is that it's freaking Sugar Rush. It's a children's game. You're not going to get a bunch of internet chatter over it any more than any of the other children's quarter munching racers at Chucky Cheese. Even if you did, you're talking creepy-pasta level shit posting on the tier of reviving General Leo or finding Mew under a truck.
>>
>>78337374
>The final nail in the coffin is that it's freaking Sugar Rush. It's a children's game.
Just because it is cute? Like how Happy Tree Friends is cute so it must be for kids?
>>
>>78329586
To quote Futurama: "I choose to believe what I was programmed to believe!"
>>
File: 1375079250818.gif (753 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
1375079250818.gif
753 KB, 500x281
>>78327283
>>
File: 1388725897076.jpg (631 KB, 750x1050) Image search: [Google]
1388725897076.jpg
631 KB, 750x1050
>>
>>78336832
Okay, but using this analogy, the situation in their world is that it's Gene's job to have his budget cut.
>>
>>78334078
Not them, but I loved Kid Radd. First thing I thought of when I heard of Wreck It Ralph
>>
>>78329758
I wonder what's Bowser's relationship with Mario and the gang is like. He's the bad guy but they must like him enough to join them on cart racing.
>>
>>78339413
Maybe they've come to terms with what they are in every sense and realize it's labels. Bowser is just a role he plays. Though it still can't help ones self esteem being labeled the villains and it's nice to talk to people who'll understand.
Or maybe he's like Zangeif and he likes free food.
>>
>>78335529
They gave Mutilate it Manny 8-bit graphics whenever they showed it from the arcade's perspective, so why couldn't they give Sugar Rush a low-poly look? Leave hero's duty as it was, that's fine, but making Sugar Rush look super ultra HD when it's clearly a late 90's kart racer is confusing.
>>
>Gene doesn't invite Ralph to the party celebrating the anniversary of the game Ralph is a core component of
>When Ralph crashes the party, everyone is nervous but polite and trying to make the best of it
>Except fucking Gene
>Gene slings insults and gets Ralph so angry he goes on a bender and endangers the game
>When Ralph comes back, Gene acts like Ralph was the asshole for getting mad in the first place

>"Well, now you can be alone in the penthouse."

Fuck you Gene
>>
>>78339318
It was one of the first things I thought of too, especially with the whole "You are not your game's role" theme.
I wish it was easier to re-read, though, without having to use a portable super-old firefox.
>>
>>78335799

Live, Die, Repeat was a better title though
Edge of Tomorrow meant nothing, the director himself said so
>>
>>78340660
I still like the name of the Manga.
>>
>>78336041

Buzz did remember his idiotic ways, he just knew they were a weird quirk toys like him had. And even then, nothing explains why Woody can't recall a thing about the franchise he was part of, even though you'd think he would have been taken out of the box with something to clue him in.

Also, what delusion? Don't fucking put words in my mouth like that you jackass.
>>
File: tapper.jpg (18 KB, 500x278) Image search: [Google]
tapper.jpg
18 KB, 500x278
The fact that Tapper appears in the movie is just wonderful. If you've played the Arcade/Coleco Tapper games, you can even see it looks just like him; an absolutely perfect rendering.

>>78329811
You forgot the gold hammer. Fix-It Felix Sr. discovered Australium.
>>
>>78341145
>Also, what delusion? Don't fucking put words in my mouth like that you jackass.

Are you an idiot?
>Tell me I wasn't this deluded
Was a quote from Buzz, not from you.
>>
>>78341250

Well geez, not my fault I forgot a simple line, ya dip
>>
>>78335861
That was actually the original plan, with King Candy just serving under Turbo.
>>
>>78341269
No, it's your fault for being a complete idiot. I'm not even >>78336041 and I didn't remember it either but basic reading comprension told me that it was a quote from Buzz.
>>
>>78335861

He probably developed a split personality. Even though he might have been in Sugar Rush for only a few years, that's probably ages for the game characters. Playing a role for so long might have warped his already twisted mind that when he glitched after being consumed, the two personalities essentially became separate.

That, or the bug's assimilation got wonky since Turbo was apparently able to warp between forms
>>
>>78341349

Fuck off, it's not my fault the guy didn't put the fucking quote in quotations. When you just greentext a word, that means you're either pulling from a post or making shit up. Piss of
>>
>>78335188
How the fuck do you die in a bonus level?
>>
>>78341365
It's your fault for being easily offended by your own lack of reading comprension, instantly resorting to insults to defend yourself from something that exists only in you head, and being so thin skinned to whine when somebody call you a faggot in return.
>>
>>78330152
No, it doesn't. There isn't even a Donkey Kong Junior trophy in Brawl, so it doesn't make sense where information like that would even be stated. Mario's trophy in Melee, however, does mention his role as a villain in Donkey Kong Junior. Snake's codecs also confirm that Mario is the same character he's always been, while reaffirming that the current DK is the grandson of the original.
>>
>>78335571

....and the fact that he was Turbo, a character from NEITHER game. His little tale about Venellope being unable to evacuate the game was likely meaning to include him, but couldn't say without spilling the beans about his true nature
>>
>>78341459

Yea, whatever. You're a fucking shitposter. You admitted to not even being that guy, meaning you have no right to degrade me like the arrogant cunt you are. It's not a lack of comprehension when the guy didn't put the quote in right. So fuck off and drop it, you little shit.
>>
>>78341526
It's literally lack of comprehension to not recognize a quote by his perfectly understandable contest just because it wasn't put "right" to you. And it's literally being a little faggot dropping unmotivated insults only for whining and calling shitpost when others call you out for it.
>>
>>78341642

No it isn't, it's called just not remembering shit you dense clod. You're fucking shitposting the misuse of a term just to make yourself look better for a simple mistake, and defending someone who isn't even you. You're just as bad as you're trying to make me out to be, fuck off
>>
>>78341677
I'm not defending anyone. I'm just calling you a faggot, because you are a faggot. And a thin skinned one. Probably, twelve, which means you don't have the mental capacity to just shup up when proved wrong.

Instead you continue to grasp at straws, trying to argue that you were in the right for believing that a quote that had asbolutely nothing in common with your post was about your post.

You were wrong and you were a faggot for flinging insults. You were even more of a faggot for insulting even more when showed wrong.
>>
>>78341145
Buzz could be reset, so maybe he's literally programmed with his backstory whereas Woody is a basic plastic and fabric doll.
>>
>>78341819

Then you're just shitposting. You're carrying on someone for someone else's sake and misusing a term like comprehension which doesn't have squat to do with remembering a minor quote.

You're the one grasping at straws with the "you must be 12" thing, I only called the guy a jackass. That's hardly a big enough offense to warrant your shitposting antics.

You're just as much a faggot for blowing up at someone who wasn't even talking to you, congratulations on acting like a turd because you wanted to fight with someone for no justifiable reason, brat
>>
>>78331272
He's right you fucking retard.
>>
>>78341896

Hard to say. The army men toys clearly had militaristic mannerisms despite being pieces of plastic and nothing else. Point is, Toy Story and Wreck-it Ralph worlds only seem to go so far with detailing the intricacies of how their denizens work. Kind of like how if you really nitpick it, you can find things about Inside Out that don't quite make sense, like why most emotions outside of Riley's were single gendered, or things like their ability to speak like adults even when Riley couldn't vocalize basic words
>>
File: zan.gif (446 KB, 435x435) Image search: [Google]
zan.gif
446 KB, 435x435
>>78329758
Speaking of villains, Isn't Zangief only there because the director sucked against him in SF2?

Also if there's a sequel, I'd like to see more Street Fighter stuff. I thought it was neat they got the voiceactors for Ryu and Ken to do their only lines.
>>
File: 15-Update_3-10.png (290 KB, 512x384) Image search: [Google]
15-Update_3-10.png
290 KB, 512x384
there's worse mayors out there.
>>
>>78329449

If they ever get the rights, Cranky should brief Ralph on the changes that had occured since their gen and today.
>>
>>78341955
You know what you do at shitposter? You shut up and ignore them. It's basic internet behaviour. Calling them shitposter does exactly nothing. If you really thought I was a shitposter and you had a minimun of intelligence right now you would be ignoring me.

The fact that you don't do it and that you seems to be literally unable to just accept to be called out for calling someone a jackass over your own lack of reading comprehension speaks a lot of your own mental capacity.

Just grow up and learn that if you are being called out for calling someone a jackass without reason OR if you are being shitposted the correct answer is just to shut up.

What are you afraid of? Do you think if you don't have the last word then you are a little less man?
>>
File: oh.png (94 KB, 270x224) Image search: [Google]
oh.png
94 KB, 270x224
What still bothers me is wondering whether Turbo was an isolated incident.
It's established in Wreck-It Ralph's world Turbo Time was a pretty popular game, I'd imagine it'd be up there with Donkey Kong or Pac-Man with how Felix talks about it, so there'd be a ton of Turbo Time machines everywhere.
Just how many of them had bitter, jealous Turbos ditch their games and crash god knows how many others? Did they just release a sentient virus into arcades without even realizing it?
>>
>>78342059
Zangief was a character that came about at the tail end of the Soviet era. If anything his moral standing is a bit ambiguous.
>>
>>78342073
Im on a trip and this is my game to keep me occupied and holy fuck I hate that guy
>>
>>78330152

Yee, but Melee also stated that Mario was the villian that imprisoned DK/Cranky in the first place. Brawl probably meant it in a more metaphorical sense: DK II is what happens when Mario's patience both wears thin and there isn't Luigi around to calm him. From the few times he gets to speak in full sentences (like those Fortune Street games), Mario does indeed appear to have a mean side that you don't want to find yourself on the other end of, and has subtle ways of showing it, like when he had Bowser melted alive in NSMB accurately guessing he'd be revived later, but killed him anyway to show how unhappy the situation made him.
>>
>>78342153
I don't think he ever was presented as a bad guy.
http://youtu.be/ejJIILrrb0E
>>
>>78335579
He's rather blatantly presented as a glorified homicidal maniac. He brutalizes and murders people for his own gratification.

That's pretty evil.
>>
>>78342153
But he's not really trying to do anything but become a National treasure for the love of his country and profession.
There's no ulterior motive or bad history like the actual villains. The worst he is, is a dirty fighter but I guess biting and eye gouging could be legal in Russian Steelwork Plant Wrestling.
>>
File: akuma on a date.jpg (32 KB, 720x480) Image search: [Google]
akuma on a date.jpg
32 KB, 720x480
>>78342313
i dunno, he only kills when somebody challenges him or he challenges someone and only if he thinks they are worthy.
that barely happens and so far the only person he has killed outside of that criteria is bison, and that didn't take because bison.
>>
>>78342480

So, he killed the actual villian of the series? How is he a bad goi?
>>
File: Akuma waiting for his luggage..jpg (69 KB, 720x480) Image search: [Google]
Akuma waiting for his luggage..jpg
69 KB, 720x480
>>78342503
not sure honestly, just because the way he looks and his willingness to kill an opponent i guess.
>>
>>78342503
Killing another evil person doesn't make him less evil.

He's usually depicted as a bigger threat than Bison due to his single-minded obsession with fighting people.
>>
File: 9869887.gif (1 MB, 260x173) Image search: [Google]
9869887.gif
1 MB, 260x173
>>78341215
>He's so god like he can chitchat with his costumers mid game
>>
>>78327283
Everybody was, turbo was based
>>
>>78342290
He runs with the bad guys in a few of the adaptions of the game. Though in the Movie he switches sides.
>>
File: zang.jpg (28 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
zang.jpg
28 KB, 480x360
>>78344391
Usually you fight the big bad in his ends isn't it? Or just go home to be with his family
>>
File: Kongo Bongo Historia.jpg (964 KB, 2031x2791) Image search: [Google]
Kongo Bongo Historia.jpg
964 KB, 2031x2791
>>78330027
>>
>>78344496
Somethings just so adorable about endings where its "and our hero then went home and hung out with his friends and family" like you just inadvertently destroyed a terrorist organization and saved the world and you don't even give a shit you've gotta have dinner with your students.
>>
>>78342095

Doesn't matter. You blew up over someone calling another a jackass, you're the worst offender here by a fuck damn mile. Shut up, and ship off you negroid brat
>>
>>78342096

Would be interesting. If Toy Story 2 showed that any Buzz or Zurg could pop out of their box with the "personality" of their nonexistent persona, it is possible more than one Turbo went "Turbo"
>>
Wreck It Ralph had so many interesting ideas and lore for a Disney flick. Yet they are using none of it. Instead they are choosing to whore out Frozen? Why? I don't get it? Will there ever be a sequel, I have so many questions.
>>
>>78345572

To be fair, do you really want Ralph to get whored out to the point of exhaustion like Frozen and Star Wars?
>>
File: spoiler.png (16 KB, 477x414) Image search: [Google]
spoiler.png
16 KB, 477x414
What if Wreck-It Ralph 2 gets a creepypasta main villain? Would it be still, you know, child-friendly?
>>
>>78345315
Who are you? His retarded big brother? Why do you feel the insatiable need to post to protect him? You need to reignite an argument that ended three hours ago to validate your existence? Time to rethink your life my friend.

Also read the reply chain. I didn't blew up over anything. What happened was

>Stop putting words in my mouth you jackass!
>You are an idiot he's not doing that.
>Fuck off! It's his fault! Piss off!

And that guy is so fucking hilarious in his continued denial of ever being wrong and his hamfisted insults that what else could I do except to continue to lead him on?
>>
>>78345784

Except I wasn't "wrong", I admitted to not remembering the quote. That's it. You're the one who fucking blew up by pulling all this "you must be stupid and a kid". Just fuck off already you dense retard. You're no better for getting so ass pained at someone's simple mistakes
>>
>>78345625
No, but I still want more of this world. I wish they would go into detail into the digital world a bit. Maybe similar to ReBoot.
>>
>>78345705
I feel like that's what they were going with for Turbo,
>>
>>78345705

I kind of want to see them do a thing where there's an evil Ralph and Felix. But instead of "the big one is a retard", evil Ralph is even more sinister than Turbo/King Candy. Of course, the possible premise of the internet being a factor does leave a lot of possibilities with their worlds colliding with games where everyone is controlled and forced to fight each other.

Could be funny if they did a bit on TF2 and how often so many players just spam the same 2-3 classes
>>
>>78345820
>Fuck off!
>It's his fault!
>Piss off!
>fuck off and drop it, you little shit!

>I'm not the one who fucking blew off!
>I just made a simple mistake
>But I'm not wrong!

I call you a stupid and/or a kid because you behave like one.
>>
>>78329951
cranky is confirmed to be the original DK and the current DK was DK jr.
>>
>>78346063

Just fuck off, nigger. Christ, I only said he didn't put the quote in the way people normally do. Seriously, you're the one who blew up since you're dragging this out despite having no stake in the matter whatsoever. You're the one shitposting. You're the one who is in the wrong. Just piss off.
>>
>>78342583
>awaiting his luggage
the possible fuck could he be carrying that required luggage? HOW THE FUCK DID HE EVEN GET ON A PLANE?!
>>
>>78346121
You know what I regret? I regret that it's 1:00 am and tomorrow I have to work, so I have to go to bed and can't continue this.

Seriously, you're hilarious kid. You are literally screaming at me to leave because you are so delicate that can't admit to yourself you were wrong and just stop replying. If you stopped I would have lost my sad case of the evening to laught at and you would have won.

Now I'm going to bed, and I'm curious to see if in the morning there will be even more aswers from me telling me to go away because you can't stand my presence and you are too juvenile to ignore me or go away.
>>
>>78345705
I imagine still the best or ben drowned would be like the wreck it ralph equivalent of silent hill.
>>
>>78346268
>there will be even more aswers from me
more answer from you
>>
>>78340610
Gene was the true villain in Fix-It Felix Jr.
>>
>>78346242
Souvenirs

>>78346279
Maybe they get in a bugged machine and things get strange.
>>
>>78346268

Where have I denied being wrong? I admitted I didn't recognize the line, but I wasn't wrong in saying it wasn't posted the way people usually do it. You're the one who has been acting like a kid because you think you're defeating someone who's only crime was calling somebody a jackass, an insult that is paltry compared to so many others one could have used. Seriously, you're the one with terrible comprehension if you think you're somehow superior for getting on someone's case when they weren't even talking to you in the first place. It's not immaturity, it's just pointing out how you're wrong and arrogant in your little crusade. Fuck off and good riddance.
>>
I wouldn't mind Disney whoring out Wreck-it Ralph if it meant reissues of the Disney Store exclusive Sugar Rush racers-and-car two packs. The world needs more Sugar Rush toys. And an acutal game. And a cartoon. And Vanillabutter.
>>
>>78330084
The original draft of Toy Story had Woody being a massive douchebag, even moreso than he was in the final movie.
>>
>>78346528

He was pretty much a villain.
>>
>>78346528
That was Katzenberg idea and not Lasseter.
>Under studio head Jeffrey Katzenberg, Woody was the main villain, abusing the others toys until they rallied against him; however after Disney executive saw the storyboards they relinquished creative control to Pixar.
Latter Katz founded Dreamworks.
>>
>>78346520

>Not wanting a Wreck-It Ralph cabinet/digital game

Are you gay, son?
>>
>>78346637

It's a shame Disney will never do a film with the protagonist being a villain. Oh sure, they kind of tried with Maleficent, but that was a piece of shit that demeaned what little character the original had, and basically dumbed down all of her original cast mates for no reason
>>
>>78345705
who is that creature?
>>
>>78346958
Goodnight and have a good sleep.
http://creepypasta.wikia.com/wiki/NES_Godzilla_Creepypasta
>>
File: 1403893299870.jpg (67 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1403893299870.jpg
67 KB, 640x480
>>78327283

>YOU CAN'T BE A HERO UNLESS YOU HAVE A MEDAL!
>AND TO GET A MEDAL YOU HAVE TO WIN A GAME!

>OK YOU GOT A MEDAL BUT AT WHAT COST!?

FUCK! YOU!
>>
>>78346520
This, I can't be the only one thinking the whole world is untapped potential.
>>
>>78327283
I will never get this though, like I know it's a game and all but why was everyone such an asshole to Ralph? His JOB was to be a villain and when the game wasn't being played and everyone just chilled out they all treated him like shit anyways. So he goes away, tries to prove he's something more than just a villain but when he comes back everyone treats it like he shot goddamn mother Theresa. What a bunch of dickheads.
>>
>>78329476
>Literally hated by everyone who's known of her existence for years

You try living like the antichrist with autism, see how dickish you end up.
>>
>>78347293
Most are content to politely ignore him. Gene's the only one who is an outright asshole about it and he's a drunk who has spent thirty years getting thrown out of his window.
>>
>>78342480
Hell, the one time some dude who was dying challenged him to a fight so he could die on his own terms, he didn't even kill the guy because he felt it was cheating.

He's kind of a dick, but not a bad guy.

I would trust him to babysit my children if they were targeted by ninjas, for example.
>>
>>78347440

>politely ignore him

It's hardly polite to jump in fright of somebody you've never bothered to actually speak with outside of whatever programmed shit you're expected while "working"
>>
>>78341291
>That was actually the original plan, with King Candy just serving under Turbo.
not quite, Turbo was a very late addition and "originally" wasn't part of the story. King candy was just king candy
>>
>>78348420

So Turbo was just some boogeyman/fable of the game world and not the secret villain?
>>
>>78341215

Yes. Grew up with a cocktail-style Budweiser Tapper machine in my basement, I was delighted every time he came on screen.
>>
>>78348676
no, he wasn't anything cause he wasn't there at all.
It's been a while since I've seen the behind the scenes stuff so I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure they didn't add Turbo's backstory into the mix until they decided they needed an antagonist.
>>
>>78348797

Yea, sure. You "got" here. Keep shitposting long after anyone would have rightfully cared about the argument, nigger. And you're still wrong.
>>
>>78347059
>Tfw I want to storytime One Sweet Race but lost the files
>>
>>78349237

And I pray you're only trolling because nobody is this fucking autistic to care about an argument they were literally not a part of to begin with. Still, amusing how you clearly stay away like you claimed you had to, retard
>>
>>78349611

Whatever you say, pal. You're just shitposting if you think continuing this whole thing is remotely worth it. Seriously, you claim that I'm childish, and yet here you are jumping into an argument for no justifiable reason. What, did your school let you out early?
>>
File: Lobe guns.png (228 KB, 481x359) Image search: [Google]
Lobe guns.png
228 KB, 481x359
Can you faggamuffins just give up already? We're trying to talk about a good movie, not a dick measuring contest.

Also, Gene is a prick, simple as that.
>>
File: Serious Mario.jpg (133 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
Serious Mario.jpg
133 KB, 600x600
So we know they've said that MAYBE characters like Mario and Sonic could feature more heavily in a sequel instead of just being name drops, but how should they be done? Obviously, it'd kill the sequel right off if they became primary characters like Felix and Vanellope. But it would be pretty lame if they were given one big scene and then nothing else like how Bugs and Mickey just appear for a quick gag in Roger Rabbit.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mpWeFbFX7ec
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 51

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.