[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How good is Earth One so far /co/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: Superman-Earth_One_vol.2.jpg (89 KB, 360x590) Image search: [Google]
Superman-Earth_One_vol.2.jpg
89 KB, 360x590
How good is Earth One so far /co/?
>>
>>78326850
Spider-man/10
>>
>>78326850
>Superman Earth One vol 1
Alright
>vol 2
Actual shit
>vol 3
Better than vol 1 but still alright

>Batman Earth One vol 1
assholes/10
>vol 2
Good

>Teen Titans Earth One vol 1
It's Teen Titans and Lemire, what quality do you expect
>>
6 = among the best comics ever
5 = amazing / superb
4 = great
3 = good
2 = ok / meh
1 = bad
0 = horrible

> SUPERMAN EARTH ONE V1
> SUPERMAN EARTH ONE V2
> SUPERMAN EARTH ONE V3
low 3 / high 2
> BATMAN EARTH ONE V1
> BATMAN EARTH ONE V2
low 4

For Contrast...
> THOR - GOD OF THUNDER - GOD BUTCHER & GOD BOMB
> SILVER SURFER - REQUIEM
> LEX LUTHOR - MAN OF STEEL
> BATMAN - NOEL
low 4
> JOKER
> SUPERMAN UNCHAINED
high 3
> AVENGERS - ENDLESS WARTIME
low 2
>>
Anyone suggest any good Superman reads? I'm fairly new to comics and I've only read All-Star Superman and Superman: Secret Identity so far.
>>
>>78331099
Check out Morrison's Action Comics, Final Crisis (including the Superman Beyond tie-in), and The Multiversity.

I also recommend Geoff Johns' mid-00's run on Action Comics.

A lot of the early 00's Superman stuff is also supposed to be pretty good from what I hear.

Whatever Happened to the Man of Tomorrow?, For the Man Who Has Everything, and Red Son are also mandatory.
>>
I'm enjoying it so far. The only one I didn't like was Teen Titans, but that's because it felt like half a story.
>>78331099
Go read Death and Return of Superman.
And Superman Metropolis is a personal favorite of mine.
>>
>>78328794
I can't believe they gave Jeff Lemire the team book. It is like intentionally giving yourself some kind of gypsy curse.
>>
>>78326850
Superman Earth 1
Vol 1: Okay

Vol 2: Okay, he dates a hooker for a bit so that's fun

Vol 3: Solidly good, she is now an ex-Hooker so that's more fun

Batman Earth One
Vol 1: Good

Vol 2: Really good

I haven't read Teen Titans
>>
>>78326850
Honestly, everyone in this thread is being reeeeally nice to vol. 1

The whole plot is "I never went to college, have no particular passion for anything, and have no idea what I want to do for a living so I'm going to go around trying out for all the highest paying jobs in Metropolis and ace every interview so well, despite my lack of credentials, by using my superpowers, that there's no way any of these people could forget who Clark Kent is" (one of them is seriously a tryout for the local NFL team)

...then a bad guy comes to town and he's basically a goth kid in full-on Tim Burton facepaint, with like some kind of steampunk metal wings, and he comes from the planet next door to Krypton who blew them up in a war, because that's such a great addition to canon...and Clark becomes Superman for the first time ever to fight him in a very public battle.

And after the fact he decides "Wow, Lois and Jimmy were pretty brave. I think I'll be a news writer", invents the glasses disguise (and somehow it still works), and gets hired at the Planet by interviewing himself.
>>
>>78331078
By Joker do you mean that Azzello bullshit?
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.