[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
> hillenberg's back > tibbett is producer again like
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4
File: latest-2.png (2 MB, 1200x1768) Image search: [Google]
latest-2.png
2 MB, 1200x1768
> hillenberg's back
> tibbett is producer again like the golden era
> more visual gags
> tom kenny really dialed back that shrill voice he was doing
> still shit
Why, /co/?
>>
>>78324887
You grew up
>>
>>78324887
you are joking right
it was shit from the beginning.
the first season was able to make me chuckle once in a while like once every 4 episodes. then season 2 started and it wasn't even enjoyable.
>>
>>78324887
At our age, nothing's magical anymore. We constantly put things under scrutiny instead of shutting up and enjoying them while they last. You ask yourself, "does this make me happy" rather than just being happy.
>>
because shillenburg wasnt some magic jew that just walks through the door and makes everything better. he never even left actually.
>>
>>78324887
Spongebob will never be the same. It was the writers. Merriweather Williams, Derek Drymon, C.H. Greenblatt, Aaron Springer, Willaim Reiss, Walt Dohrn, Mark O' Hare, Mike Rothetc. These writers can take anything and not make it complete shit. They all split off to other shows. Early Spongebob, Regular Show, Phineas and Ferb, My Little Pony, Adventure Time, Gravity Falls, etc got some of these writers and they were gold. They eventually lost those writers and they went to shit too. I swear it's these writers.
>>
>>78325155
>Aaron Springer
Just a friendly reminder, he wrote the episode with the toenail scene.
>>
>>78324887
We're oldfags, man.
>>
>>78324887
It's been too long, the magic's gone. Like with Futurama, it's hard to get back in the groove of things when it's been how many years.
>>
>>78324887
>> tom kenny really dialed back that shrill voice he was doing
or
>Tom Kenny is getting old.
>>
>>78324887
>Not all the writers are back
>you grew up

It's both these things anon, just a bit more than the other
>>
>>78326067
He also co-wrote Band Geeks.
>>
Fuck that, even TTG is more on the money with SpongeBob humor than new SpongeBob. The new shit just isn't funny, although they are writing better these days.
>>
For the same reason that the Expendables movies are shit. Bringing back the original crew doesn't mean anything if all of the key players and the show itself is past expiration and needs to be put to rest already.
>>
>>78331119
>>
>>78331233
Quality post.
>>
File: IMG_20151201_2000072_rewind.jpg (2 MB, 4160x3120) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151201_2000072_rewind.jpg
2 MB, 4160x3120
>everyone keeps saying Spongebob turned bad because I grew up
>started watching when I was 32
>>
>still shit

depends on how you look at it. i've seen season 9 and it's and improvment from season 5,6,7 but it's still not nor will the show ever be as good as the first 3 seasons.

when a show's been going this long, it's going to lose it's novelty. best it could do is be above average, which is what spongebob has been for the last season.
>>
I wouldn't say the newest episodes are shit, just barely decent.

Apparently they're going to to a lot of changes to the show come S10. If they don't pick up their shit by then, then I'm dropping it.
>>
File: 1439085508299.jpg (63 KB, 488x434) Image search: [Google]
1439085508299.jpg
63 KB, 488x434
>>78324887
>people say old Spongebob came back starting with "Lost in Bikini Bottom" episode
>people hope it will gets better and better since Hillenberg is back into production
>>
>>78324887

They ran out of material, still.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.