[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/swr/ - Star Wars: Rebels
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 82
File: DeathTroopersMichonne.jpg (176 KB, 584x876) Image search: [Google]
DeathTroopersMichonne.jpg
176 KB, 584x876
Death Troopers - Edition

>Upcoming Releases:
http://www.swbooks.co.uk/updates/release.htm

>Newest Rebels Recon Episode:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_JrVry8kgyw

>The Clone Wars Legacy Content:
http://www.starwars.com/tv-shows/the-clone-wars-legacy

>Star Wars: Uprising: (/swr/ Cartel: Loth-Cats)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QpW6fOEvuSg
http://community.kabam.com/forums/showthread.php?568108-Newx-s-New-Player-Guide

>Star Wars: Commander: (/swr/ Squad: Empire - SheevSquad)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pUD2JkBxIJo

>Canon Guide & Timeline:
http://imgur.com/a/wnoIs

>Star Wars /co/ Booru:
starwars.booru.org

>Download links: (Books, Comics, Rebels, Films, etc)
http://pastebin.com/nWsKtSya
>>
File: Ahsoka2.png (374 KB, 600x617) Image search: [Google]
Ahsoka2.png
374 KB, 600x617
Next week on AMC's, "The Orange Buttcheeks"...
>>
First for Poe x Finn
>>
File: tumblr_m28j1ugOUA1qg2p2fo1_1280.jpg (448 KB, 768x1024) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_m28j1ugOUA1qg2p2fo1_1280.jpg
448 KB, 768x1024
The lack of Twi'leks made me mad.
>>
>>78315017
Yeah, what the hell. With the exception of Nien Numb, Chewbacca, and Ackbar, three returning characters, there was not a single established alien in TFA that I know of. The Crimson Corsair wore a Kaleesh mask which is a nice reference, but it's not the same.

Made the planets in TFA feel oddly cut off from the rest of the Galaxy, especially after TCW has shown how common some species (like Weequay, Rodians and Twi'leks for example) are across the Galaxy. Almost as common as humans.
>>
>>78314997
This and Phasma x riot trooper are the best TFA ships

>>78315047
I found lack of Jawas disappointing considering how a lot of the aliens on Jakku didn't really look remarkable and good chunk of them worse hoods anyway
>>
>>78315115
>not Rey x Kylo
>>
>>78315115
>riot trooper
Use his name, you pleb.
>>
Why was the music in TFA so disappointing? Did Williams just give up or something? I mean even the prequels had better music

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KxC8IqnVUQI
>>
>>78315278
>>
>>78315314
>He'll never be a boss in a Star Wars character action game
>>
File: Yaddle-SWE.jpg (39 KB, 432x504) Image search: [Google]
Yaddle-SWE.jpg
39 KB, 432x504
>Yaddle was a member of the Jedi High Council for some time leading up to the Invasion of Naboo. Following the Battle of Naboo, Yaddle decided to take a less active role in Jedi affairs[3] and left the Jedi High Council.[1]

What if Snoke's figure is a Wizard of Oz projection for Yaddle?

Yaddle could be the one training Kylo in the dark in a reversal of Yoda training Luke in the light.
>>
>>78315314
The Stormtroopers really upped their game.
>>
>>78315243
>Incest
>>
>>78315287
>even the prequels had better music
You say that as if the Prequels didn't have 10/10 soundtracks, which they did.

But I agree, TFA has the weakest soundtrack of the franchise by FAR.

And the sad thing is its entirely JJ's fault. The movie was so reliant on being ANH 2.0 that so much of the music just ended up being music from the older movies. John Williams probably didn't bother trying because why would he, with such little freedom to do anything big or original? Plus he is dear friends with Lucas, and he was always able to perform the music right to the scenes, which I am told he wasn't able to do this movie. It's no wonder he wasn't able to pump out his usual spectacular music.
>>
>>78315017
That's a Zeltron.
>>
So, I saw the new movie yesterday. Now what?
>>
>that woman stormtrooper that reported to kylo when rey was going metal gear solid
>>
File: starwars1.png (254 KB, 833x1030) Image search: [Google]
starwars1.png
254 KB, 833x1030
I want to see these two plus Poe going on fun adventures together
>>
>>78315355
I don't deny the soundtracks were 10/10, it's just the movies are so-so compared to TFA. Which really makes it's substandard (by Star Wars standards) score more disappointing.

I actually can't think of a memorable theme from the movie having seen it a few days ago, which is just sad.
>>
>>78315394
Rey's Theme is the only good one.
>>
>>78315363
Now we wait
>>
>>78315363
Comics, books, Season 2 of Rebels (and Season 3 should be kicking off next year in the run up to Rogue One)

Plus just speculating and discussing Star Wars in general. If you're a long-time fan, you should be used to this. Hell, we've never been blessed with such short waiting times for content before. Only 1 year wait per movie, and we get so many comics/books/cartoon episodes during that wait.

It truly is an amazing time to be a Star Wars fan.
>>
>>78315394
Yeah, I agree. And I agree with >>78315402 , Rey's theme is the only new track I can even remember standing out, and even that to be honest is nothing compared to the greats of the OT and PT soundtracks.
>>
Did Constable Zuvio ever show because I didn't see him while watching the film
>>
>>78315434
I'll have to wait until the soundtrack comes out to check on that.
>>
>>78315287
>>78315355
>>78315394
Watch the film again, and then give the soundtrack a closer listen. Nothing about it immediately stands out like the Imperial March or Duel of the Fates, I agree, but it grew on me hard yesterday and it really is beautiful. Torn Apart, Rey's Theme, March of the Resistance, Snoke, The Ways of the Force, and The Jedi Steps are fantastic. It's absolutely on par with the rest, it's just a slower burn.
>>
>>78315437
No.
>>
>>78315443
the soundtrack came out the same day the movie did, dummkopf
>>
>>78315437
I didn't see him, or Sarco Plank. I feel jewed.

>everyone who bought the action figures thinking they would be cool characters
>I bought Sarco, I admit.
>>
>>78315017
>Lack of Twi'lecks
>Posts humanoid

BTW when they get old they look like Jabba's pal.
>>
>>78315459
Heh, my mistake.
>>
>>78315437
According to someone in s previous thread, you can apparently see him for a second during the scene where Finn and Rey are running from the Stormtroopers and TIE Fighters in that market. I never noticed him though.
>>
>the opening scroll for RotS says "There are heroes on both sides."
>all Seperatists are portrayed as unambiguously evil
>>
>>78315287
In my opinion, Michael Giacchino should have done the score instead of Williams
>>
>>78315479
I don't get what that was about either. That only makes sense with TCW which wasn't around back then
>>
>>78315402
March of the resistance is really good
>>
>>78315497
I think that and Scherzo for X-Wings is good too, but it doesn't really fit the mood of what I think Williams is going for in the new trilogy.

Rey's Theme does that very well.
>>
>>78315394
>>78315402
>>78315434
I like Kylo Ren's theme and I think it's actually the most memorable soundtrack in the movie.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s0yzYzzZtTs
>>
>>78315497
>>78315449
Fair point, March of the Resistance is a good one. I'll have to give it a re-watch/listen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ueqKtype7Kk
>>
>>78315461
I saw Sarco Plank, he was in the background for a few seconds in one of the scenes where Rey was trying to sell her junk to that one guy.
>>
>>78315521
Oh I actually remember this one
>>
>>78315479
>It actually means the heroes (cough-Anakin-cough) are on both sides (the light and the dark)
POTTERY
O
T
T
E
R
Y
>>
>>78315521
I'd like it more if I liked the moments it played in more.
>>
>>78315521
The start kinda sounds like the music that plays after Anakin kills the separatists on Mustafar and then starts crying.
>>
Anyone else thought it was really cool when the Resistance swooped it. "Don't let these thugs intimidate you". It was refreshing to get pure uncorrupted good guys who fight for what's right. No antihero or anything, just good people.
>>
Darth Vader Annual storytime here.
It worries me that these comics are hitting my spot more than TFA. Probably because Vader is a lot more developed than Kylo.
>>78314804
>>
>>78315595
What are they fighting for exactly? It's not very clear.
>>
THE FIRST

GALACTIC

EMPIRE
>>
>>78315621
Goodness? I wasn't really clear, but I still loved them.
>>
>>78315632
So this is how liberty dies... With thunderous applause...
>>
>>78315521
Yeah, I really love that overture for him, it's very cool and reminiscent of something from the prequels that I can't put my finger on. Kylo Ren is my favorite Star Wars character now. Torn Apart is probably the best piece in the OST because it starts out sad and hopeful, sounding a lot like some of the themes encompassing Anakin and Padme romance scenes and then turns into a modified version of "Anakin's Dark Deeds". Perfect dichotomy and adds so much to an already beautiful scene.
>>
>>78315638
No, I mean what are the First Order's goals, exactly? Do they just want to take over the galaxy again?
>>
>>78315621
The Resistance is basically like a splinter of the New Republic that Leia made to combat the First Order because the Senate didn't want to get involved with another war
>>
>>78315595
Yeah, I also liked the evil goons a lot more than in the other movies. You can really feel how cruel the First Order is during the Jakku village massacre or when they beat up Poe. And of course when Hux gave his Goebbels speech. Both the droid armies and the OT imperials seemed never really threatening to me, but the FO soldiers do.
>>
>>78315662
I'm excited for the "Knights of Ren", for more cruel evil insane baddies
>>
>>78315347
Is always a given in Star Wars, why bother pointing it out for shipping.
>>
>>78315486
It was apparently in production at the time, so maybe George and Filoni came up with that idea back then.
>>
>>78315608
Of course Vader has more development, he's in 6 movies and was the main character of Star Wars up until now. Not to mention, countless other books and comics over the years. Kylo Ren is the second best Star Wars character after him, and he's only in one movie so far, which I find impressive that they were able to give him so much depth in so little time.
>>
File: Lightsaber_anakin_rots.jpg (10 KB, 240x328) Image search: [Google]
Lightsaber_anakin_rots.jpg
10 KB, 240x328
>created to protect the innocent
>used to slaughter children, not once but twice
>spent 20 years locked up in a box gathering dust on some backwater shithole
>gets passed to skrub son of the guy who used to kill babies
>skrub son then losses it
>ends up once again in a box for God know how long
Anakin's lightsaber...had a hard life.
>>
Post hot aliens.
>>
>>78315723
Am I the only one that felt there was some Excalibur level shit going on when Kylo could not pull it but Rey did it instantly?
>>
>>78315662
Why is Kylo Ren so funny

>A droid stole a freighter???
>>
>>78315710
I agree. Also, Kylo is already a lot more developed than Vader was in ANH if we are being honest. Vader became a more complex and interesting villain in Empire and Jedi, but in ANH he wasn't really more than a henchman with a past whereas Kylo seems to be more than just the main villain already. He actually seems like a villain protagonist with a past, a goal and emotional depth.
>>
>>78315757
I don't think he was asking that seriously.
>>
>>78315709
Filoni said they had started coming up with the outline of the show months (nearly a year?) before episode 3 even came out, so yeah, its very likely George already had ideas in his head about sympathetic Seperatist characters.
>>
Friend have never watched star wars before, recommended he only watch the OT and The Force Awakens and steer away from the god awful prequels. They should be forgotten, not watched, pretend they aren't even made.
>>
>>78315723
They sound the one that Luke dropped all the way to the surface of Bespin?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AvsiJppCdmk

For those interested.
>>
File: 2297739.jpg (243 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
2297739.jpg
243 KB, 1920x1080
>>78315737
>>
Well fuck me sideways, that was actually better than Return of the Jedi.

I've either hated or been ambivalent towards every other Abrams movie, don't like Disney's approach to media all that much, and thought all the trailers looked like shit.

But it was good.

How the fuck did they pull that off?
>>
>>78315798
Youre a shitty friend. Let him enjoy Star Wars damnit, and let him form his own opinions.
>>
>>78315757
He is Han Solo's son. The quips are basically in his blood.
>>
>>78315723
I think it actually belonged to Ben at one point when he was a still a Jedi. Luke probably had Maz put it in that box on his way out to that island planet.
>>
>>78315749
That's exactly what it was -- her pull was significantly stronger than his.
>>
Anyone got a link to the TFA novelisation and Before The Awakening? Couldn't find them in the Mega.
>>
>>78315694
I really hope they're cool. Nothing better than an evil squad.
>>
>>78315827
How did Luke get it back though?
>>
>New Republic: Bloodline is being written by the chick who did Lost Stars

Well that just went from uninterested to on my radar.

Now if only they could get Zahn back on board, get Jackson Miller to write more, and file a restraining order to keep Christie Golden and Chuck Wendig away from the canon.
>>
File: Gascon.jpg (40 KB, 500x370) Image search: [Google]
Gascon.jpg
40 KB, 500x370
>>78315859
Read the next Aftermath book to find out!
>>
>>78315859
Lando probably found it.
>>
>>78315812
Because Abrams is a fan and knows that Star Wars is supposed to be a simple, fun space adventure. Lucas didn't understand that because he is the creator of the franchise, not a guy who grew up loving it.
Oh, and Kasdan made sure the dialogue is funny and feels real like in the OT.
>>
>>78315845
Just saw that Before is in there, didn't realise due to the 'Journey to...' prefix.
>>
>>78315808
Isn't that the chick that got btfo by Zakuul?
>>
>>78315047
>not liking new ayy lmaos
>>
>>78315749
That was pretty obviously what was supposed to be happening
>>
File: 25-27.jpg (172 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
25-27.jpg
172 KB, 1920x1080
>>78315928
Yep
>>
>>78315872
We need Troy Denning back as well, but otherwise I agree completely. Chuck Wendig is the worst writer I've ever seen.
>>
>>78315954
I mean at least she damaged light clothed Star Killer.
>>
>>78315872
Golden's writing wasn't really a problem, it was Katie Lucas' involvement with the plot that drove the book south. "I just had a breakup so let's have my pet character do the same!"

Wendig is already set for two more books, so after that we can only hope he isn't going to do more.
>>
>>78315872
I wonder if the lost stars characters will be in it
>>
>>78315987
It's not a sequel to Lost Stars, so if they do show up it'll be just for a chapter or background/vague reference.
>>
>>78315987
>>78316001
I'd imagine it's gotta follow it up in some way. There was a lot of stuff that could be taken up in a sequel at the end.
>>
>>78315985
I thought the writing was mostly fine, and I didn't even hate the plot to be honest family. It wasn't great, but the characters were good (inb4 crying about character assassination), and it genuinely felt like a TCW arc.
>>
>>78315985

i just wanna read wendig without that awful present tense prose style.
>>
Rest easy, /swr/.

For through him, Han Solo lives on.

Though depending on who you ask, his Chewbacca is either short, bald, or a tree.
>>
>>78315954
That's why filthy aliens shouldn't be allowed to be Sith.
>>
>>78316172
The present tense isn't my big issue with Aftermath. It's the god awful sentence structure. Sentence fragments, colons everywhere, weird structure.

It just read like it was written for an audiobook, which I've heard was a pretty good audiobook. But actually sitting down and reading it was a chooooore.
>>
File: FinnHS-Fathead.png (344 KB, 480x640) Image search: [Google]
FinnHS-Fathead.png
344 KB, 480x640
>>78316291
>through him
Wrong, faggot.
>>
>>78316361
Finn's character is nothing like Han solo's, though.
>>
Turns out Ewan's Sir Alec impression is not as impressive as we thought:

http://m.ign.com/articles/2015/12/20/ewan-mcgregor-has-a-star-wars-the-force-awakens-cameo

> Interestingly enough, while McGregor recorded that Obi-Wan line specifically for The Force Awakens, the first word, when Obi-Wan says the name "Rey," was actually pulled from a prior line by Guinness from the original Star Wars trilogy. In order to get the snippet, they edited a line of Guinness' that included the word "Afraid," Abrams revealed.

Cool.
>>
File: Rex.png (356 KB, 811x623) Image search: [Google]
Rex.png
356 KB, 811x623
>>78316361
>FinnHS-Fathead.png
>>
File: stormm.jpg (79 KB, 942x653) Image search: [Google]
stormm.jpg
79 KB, 942x653
opinions on mommy stormtrooper?
>>
>>78316391
Po is more Han Solo I think.
>>
>>78316311

I had to stop, and I was fine with the plot and characters. Just annoying to read
>>
>>78316412
I refuse to believe she's dead. We never saw a body.
>>
>>78316401
A lot of effort when Ewan would have sufficed.
>>
http://www.ew.com/article/2015/12/20/jj-abrams-answers-burning-question-about-r2-d2-star-wars-force-awakens

>“But the idea was that in that scene where R2 plugged in, he downloaded the archives of the Empire, which was referenced by Kylo Ren,” Abrams said. Thirty-eight years later, in both our own and galactic time, that data becomes useful in The Force Awakens when a new droid approaches the dormant R2.
>>
>>78316361
Poe was the Han Solo of the film
>>
>>78316412
She would inspire me to do my very best if I were a Stormtrooper.
>>
>>78316455

i'm still confused about Luke's map really.
>>
>>78316361
He can't pilot for crap. That's why he initially tried to buddy-buddy with Poe and Rey before he became friends with them for real:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n3E8Mb7MlBU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h54pfR2_G-U
>>
>>78316484
What's confusing about it?
>>
>>78316542
Was it a map to Luke, or a map to the Jedi Temple where they figured Luke would be?d
>>
>>78316605
I think it was a map of the route Luke took to get to the Jedi Temple.
>>
>>78316605
That's the same thing, mate.
>>
>>78315872
Cuck Wendig's gripping story to give the backstory to "Pilot with Beard" from Force Awakens
>>
>>The Lightsaber.
>>Fell off Cloud City onto Bespin
>>"Where did you get that?"
>>"That's a story for another time."
NO! Fuck you! You can't pull that shit because I know it won't be answered!
>>
Why didn't Kylo Ren just TK-freeze Rey and cut her in half?

For all the 'dancy shit' we hear about the prequels, I feel very certain that Anakin would have just cut those fools in half.

>>78316680
Does it really matter?
>>
>>78316542

Why was it broken into pieces/Who broke it up? mainly. like Luke is hiding so why put out this map and if he wants to be able to be contacted why make the broken up map and not just give whoever a direct line. Was Poe going around the galaxy finding all of Luke's old friends?

Though I guess you can weave something about R2 waiting for someone(Rey) who needed to see Luke while he was defragmenting.

I thought for a little bit Luke was gonna have a whole school and the map was some dumb "To train you must first pass this test. Find me" thing.
>>
>>78316401
Ah, I assumed that's how they'd done it until I heard about Ewan anyway. Not 'afraid' specifically, but just blending some phonetic sounds together.
>>
>>78316707
>Does it really matter?
Yes, because the fact that it's that specific lightsaber really bugs me as they go through hoops to keep this shit so connected. They should have just had it ROTJ Lightsaber.
>>
Oh wow they got Frank Oz back to do voiceover Yoda lines in Rey's vision? I thought he was really pissed about prequel Yoda and had a falling out w/ Lucasfilm
>>
>>78316707
Too mad and injured to focus on the force perhaps. He's extremely strong in it, but he already took an emotional and physical beating that would kill pretty much anyone else and just went berserk.

>>78316680
I think it will be answered. Luke likely went and found it to give to Ben to continue the tradition like how it was given to him at the start of his journey. It's not that complicated, it had to have still been inside Cloud City so was probably a lot of digging through a trash compactor or something.
>>
>>78316707
Kinda does as Lukes hand was holding it at the time. and the Surface of Bespin is said to be one nasty place.
>>
>>78316759
But what if Luke still has his RotJ saber?
>>
>>78316759
No dynastic shit with the ROTJ lightsaber.

>>78316772
It got sucked into one of the side vents and ended up in a trash compactor. It doesn't really matter.
>>
>>78316766
Where'd you get that impression? He was already back last year for an episode of Rebels.
>>
>>78316766
>I thought he was really pissed about prequel Yoda and had a falling out w/ Lucasfilm
...why would you think that?
>>
File: 2015-12-21_01-57-34.png (175 KB, 587x605) Image search: [Google]
2015-12-21_01-57-34.png
175 KB, 587x605
Pablo is a cheeky little cunt
>>
Which lightsaber was the one that was the mcguffin that crashed on Jakku back when that was the rumor/start of the movie? Luke's Green or his/Anakin's Blue one?

>>78316796
>>78316801

I dunno, maybe I'm confusing it with him and the Muppets? plus general world's prequel disdain + it's not like it would be weird for someone working on star wars to start disliking it maybe just made me assume.
>>
>>78316710
>Why was it broken into pieces/Who broke it up?

To keep people from finding him to easily(he had to have known the first order was after him), and either R2, that old guy from the start of the movie, or both.
>>
>>78316821
He's not wrong. That Droid arc is fucking great.
>>
>>78316826
Most people working on the prequels had fun and enjoyed themselves. Except Natalie Portman.
>>
>>78316707
>Why didn't Kylo Ren just TK-freeze Rey and cut her in half?
He clearly didn't want to kill Rey, and was trying to draw her to his side.
>>
>>78316853
Which just dials it down to 'why didn't he TK-freeze Rey'
>>
>>78316867
Because it's a movie
>>
>>78316821
That was a good arc, RIP Gregor
>>
>>78316867
he was injured pretty bad and probably not in the perfect frame of mind
>>
>>78316913
ur mum starred in a lot of movies
>>
>>78316867
He was probably wary about using the force on her after his mind reading trick backfired last time.
>>
>>78316455
>Thirty-eight years later, in both our own and galactic time,
Oh so it was literally 32 years in between Episode 6 and Episode 7? So now we know Episode 7 is in 38 ABY.
>>
>>78316914
He's still alive.
>>
File: daisy-ridley-as-rey.jpg (30 KB, 600x350) Image search: [Google]
daisy-ridley-as-rey.jpg
30 KB, 600x350
>The name is Rey....Rey Kenobi
>James Bond theme start playing
>>
>>78316867
An important part of joining the Dark Side is that it needs to be done of your own will

It needs to feel like it's your only other option; it can happen under duress, obviously, but literally forcing them to do it isn't good for the process of conversion

It is a seduction, after all
>>
>>78316983
What?

Oh,

OH!

That's nice.
>>
TFA was pretty good. Kinda sad no references from Rebels and vice versa.
>>
>>78316994
>implying it's not Rey-Ban Kenobi
>>
>watching premake, compiled footage from everything new hope stole from.
>all that music Williams stole

i love how star wars is such a fucking messing soup of movies and shit. kinda makes me wanna see Tarantino do one
>>
>>78317011
Why Kenobi again?
>>
>>78317009
It's a cartoon. That's why.. Nothing that isn't live action will be seen on the big screen.
>>
>>78317009
Rebels is like 40 years earlier at least, and none of those characters matter, so why would there be?
>>
>>78317009
The flags were surprising already to me so it was fine
>>
>>78316680
>Fell off Cloud City
Why do people assume this? That giant room had a bottom that the lightsaber would have fallen to. Why does everyone assume it fell in one of those things Luke fell into that opens up to Bespin? It's as easy an explanation as:
>Luke fucks off to the Temple of Doom
>Lando is getting new air ducts for Cloud City
>some random jerk off who's replacing the air ducts finds a lightsaber and decides to keep it
>it gets passed around until Maz finds it
>>
>>78317009
>>78317028
Ahem
>>
>>78316707
He's a cowardly idiot.
>>
>>78317051
Also, theres probably a bunch more. People found Vizago's "Broken Horn" flag too.
>>
>>78317051
Yeah, some obscure flags in the background. That is at most what we will ever get.
>>
File: obi.jpg (56 KB, 308x398) Image search: [Google]
obi.jpg
56 KB, 308x398
>>78317021
>live on a desert planet
>great Jedi
>use mind tricks
>>
>>78317051
Above the mango skull was Vizago's broken horn symbol as well
>>
>>78317049

shit even odds she got it because some poor drunk didn't have cash for booze and pawned it
>>
File: 1412540995310.jpg (43 KB, 312x312) Image search: [Google]
1412540995310.jpg
43 KB, 312x312
>>78317020
>kinda makes me wanna see Tarantino do one
>>
So for the Rey=Kenobi does that mean he fucked someone as a force ghost and we've got another immaculate conception? Only this time a girl who won't turn evil

poetry
>>
>>78317078
and you believe in that? But Satine died, and all of his waifus died too
>>
>>78316453
>anon can't into pottery
>>
Ah so they "Rey!" was edited Alec but the "these are the first steps" was Ewan. Cool that they blended both. Would have been neat for James Taylor to get a line so the trifecta would have been complete.
>>
>>78317111
>a girl who won't turn evil
Am I the only one who noticed her costume at the end was grey? It's pretty blatantly symbolic of her being in the middle right now, possibly going to be swayed to the dark side, or to the light. Thats probably going to be a big part of what 8 is about.
>>
>>78317021
I mean, she almost certainly isn't because Obi-Wan died an old man after spending 20 years alone missing his friends and his long dead waifu Satine who he never had kids with, but if she's not Luke's daughter then it's better than her being someone random who we don't even know I suppose. Also, there's a lot of pottery involved with having Obi-Wan train two generations of Skywalkers and then to have Luke train a Kenobi. From a certain point of view.
>>
File: kenobi.jpg (148 KB, 427x531) Image search: [Google]
kenobi.jpg
148 KB, 427x531
>>78317151
>live 20 years in shithole
>don't fuck hot women
Anon pleas
>>
I guess Rey could be a second generation Kenobi or something too

>>78317173

Well obviously there'll be all that drama but I don't think she'll go evil
>>
>>78317165
Why would you use that insufferable faggot when you already have the man he's imitating?
>>
>>78317206
Poetry
>>
>>78317173
Her character has significant darkness about her throughout the film. I only really noticed it in my second viewing, it's often subtle but it's there. There are even hints of the Imperial March in her theme music. She's definitely going to continue to flirt with the dark side, if not fall completely to mirror Ben's return to the light.
>>
File: Poe_Dameron_infobox.png (2 MB, 832x1216) Image search: [Google]
Poe_Dameron_infobox.png
2 MB, 832x1216
Any books/comics with this guy yet?
>>
>>78317253
Just the comic with his parents as far as I know.
>>
Has Disney even made TFA screeners? Still waiting for them.
>>
>$238,000,000 opening weekend

Bravo Star Wars
>>
>>78317246
>mirror Ben's return to the light.
Why do people believe he'll return to light? After a certain event his DS transformation is more or less complete, Kylo even spells it out. There's no turning back for him now.
>>
>“Everyone who has seen these movies thinks about ‘I am your father …’ and ‘There is another …’,” the director said. “But neither of those things were in [1977’s original] Star Wars. Star Wars didn’t say Luke was the son of Vader. Star Wars didn’t say Leia was the sister of Luke. You didn’t understand what these references were: the Empire, dark times, Clone Wars. There were these things that were discussed that don’t get explained. George [Lucas] dropped you into a story and respected you to infer everything necessary to understand what you need to know.”
>>
>>78316127
Not really though, the only thing left was Ciena's trial/release
>>
>>78317303
Youre forgetting Nash, who is being set up to be a villain.
>>
File: 1394583639196.png (1 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1394583639196.png
1 MB, 1280x720
>>78317295
What the fuck am I looking at?
>>
If anyone cares, there is a Portuguese cam rip of the movie.
>>
>>78316994
She's too young to be Obi-Wan's.
>>
>>78317295
Yeah, but this movie doesn't have the luxury of being in a vacuum like the original did. Here there are expectations and loose ends to be tied up.
>>
File: 565442123126.jpg (78 KB, 486x431) Image search: [Google]
565442123126.jpg
78 KB, 486x431
>>78317195
Anon, pls
>>
>>78317206
>insufferable faggot
What do you have against Ewan anon?
>>
>>78317195
There's two suns and no women. Aunt Beru was probably the last woman left on that planet.
>>
Bigger JJ troll job: Finn being a jedi or phasma being an important character?
>>
>>78317293
I shouldn't have to spell it out for you, but I'll give you what you need to know. Han activated the Lightsaber himself. He saw how sincerely broken and confused his son was in that moment and meant what he said when he told him he'd do anything to help him. He sacrificed himself in the hope that it would eventually redeem him and give his inner turmoil some measure of peace. Why do you think Ben says "Thank you" afterward? It's plain to see that he's not even evil, he just strangely wishes to be for as yet unclear reasons
>>
>>78317406
Phasma being important for sure.

Most people agreed that Finn was a ruse, but for some reason, people were insisting that Phasma was going to have a big role. And yeah-yeah, she's gonna do stuff in 8, whatever. They still managed to get people to buy her toy. Probably sold the most too.
>>
>>78316443

ALREADY CONFIRMED FOR EPISODE VIII
>>
>>78317406
>phasma being an important character?
This, she was just in the movie to actually sell toys and didn't do ANYTHING, that was the problem. She should have been allowed to do at least one memorable thing before being thrown into a garbage chute off-screen.
>>
>>78317195
>Died 33 years before TFA
>Daughter is ~20 years old
>>
>>78317406
I think most people saw Finn not being a Jedi coming from a mile away, and Phasma always looked like new Boba Fett to me, so neither really.
>>
>>78317406
100% Phasma.
But I think she'll get her time to shine in Episode VIII.
>>78317420
Nah, pretty sure Kylo's just a psycho and thought that Han trying to reconcile with him was Han volunteering himself to be murdered.
You can see when he tries to take the lightsaber from Kylo that Kylo holds onto it tighter, grips it with both hands, and then activates it.
Kylo took a moment of redemption and used it as an opportunity to purge himself of the Light.
>>
>>78317406

Finn shanked a motherfucker with a ligthsaber and even got a jab in Kylo Ren.

Phasma just showed up.
>>
number 1 thing I want in Ep 8 is Chewie ripping off Kylo's arm
>>
>>78317518
I want Rey to lose a limb, because battle damage on women is my fetish.
>>
>>78317195
Nigga, its Tatooine, the only hot chicks there are the dancers Jabba owns. The rest are beef jerky because they work in the hot sun all the time.
>>
>>78317475
Kylo Ren isn't crazy, and that's the problem. He was being 100% genuine and honest with Han. The film establishes well before that scene that he's constantly feeling the pull to stop what he's doing, go home, and atone but it scares him and he hates himself for it. He's the reverse of basically every other Jedi struggling with morality and conscience who are terrified of becoming evil. He is afraid of being the good person he is deep down because he sees it as wrong and weak, something at odds with his convictions whatever they may be. Han sees that in him and makes the same choice Obi-Wan did in ANH.
>>
You can change five things about TFA. Only five things. What do you change?
>>
>>78317550
Her staff is foreshadowing that she'll lose a leg and have to use it as a crutch
>>
>>78317469
I did too but I just went with it since most promotional material had finn with the lightsaber. I underestimated how far JJ would go to throw us off.

Although I should have seen it coming once we found out how he did Lupita. Btw that wasn't me saying he's racist but saying he will do whatever he goddamn wants
>>
>>78317589
more history depth (not so many fast scenes), political context, old aliens
>>
>>78317589
3 hour extended version
>>
>>78317589
Luke is still training new jedi and didn't give up after one failure, Finn takes that riot troopers electro-tonfa and it becomes his signature weapon, more Poe, Kylo never takes his mask off, female twi'lek main cast member.
>>
>>78317577
>isn't crazy
>talks to his grandfather's burnt out husk of helmet
>rages like a lunatic when something goes wrong
We did not watch the same film.
>>
>>78317589
Crimson Corsair into the new Chewie
>>
>>78317550
This is going to happen. Kylo will get some revenge but then he will realize that he actually loves Rey and turn to the light.
>>
>>78317589
1) Tone the fuck down on the OT references
2) They fail to destroy Starkiller Base
3) Rey gets a dual-sided lightsaber, either purple, or a yellow Temple Guard one (honestly still hoping this happens in 8/9)
4) The ending, it was shit.
5) The soundtrack, it was very weak.
>>
>>78317406
I'd say Phasma.
>>
I want to know more info on the old guy in the start of the movie. No way he just happens to be on the same planet as the main character and happens to have the mcguffin at the same time.
>>
>>78317589
1. Explain the New Republic's stance on the First Order and why the Resistance was formed because of it.
2. Show the Senate and name drop that it isn't fucking Coruscant.
3. Remove Trey-tor and put Phasma in his place on Takodana, but let her escape alive with Kylo.
4. More time with Maz's Castle.
5. Show some of the old aliens that we know.
>>
>>78317589
>more context to the politics, give me a reason to care about the New Republic before the First Order destroys it and explain better who and what the First Order actually are
>More Poe Dameron, felt like he had a lot more scenes that got cut the way he vanishes from the film only to inexplicably show up again later
>More Kylo Ren, he's the best character by far and I was entirely invested in him. Every scene he's in dwarfs the rest of the film
>More recognizable aliens
>Should have had the attack on Starkiller Base actually fail to differentiate the circumstances of the new trilogy from the OT. Having the villains build a third Death Star and lose yet again is silly, they should have learned by now. Was still entertaining and fun, but would have been an interesting turn of events.
>>
>>78317589
>Slow down on the off-screen villain teleportation
>Cut down on that bit with Han, Chewie, Finn and Rey beating the thugs
>An explanation on what the First Order IS and what the New Republic IS
>Phasma doing things like fighting on the ground at Takodana
>Changing Snoke's dumb name.
>>
>>78315955

no, troy denning needs to stay away from star wars. he's done enough damage.
>>
>>78315382
Don't we all?
>>
>>78317589
The last scene with Rey walking up to Luke should've happened during the night to make it a bit more mysterious. It should've also been a bit shorter and Williams should have used the force theme.
I really loved the idea behind the final scene, but not the execution.
>>
>get guys from The Raid
>no scenes of them beating the shit out of aliens

Is aiming high and missing better than settling?
>>
>>78317756
I was hoping she would see the cloaked figure ask who he was and have Luke respond with "I am your father" then the movie ends. Super corny I know but I would have loved it
>>
>>78317392

read the side material.
>>
File: 14476107044452.jpg (74 KB, 369x425) Image search: [Google]
14476107044452.jpg
74 KB, 369x425
Is Han the first person to exit hyperspace in a planet's atmosphere?
>>
>>78317720
>1. Explain the New Republic's stance on the First Order and why the Resistance was formed because of it.
>show the senate
Nope nope nope
I would be fine with Luke explaining why Snoke is the bad guy though.
>>
>>78317675
No, we did, I just think you missed some of the intricacies at play beneath the surface of the character and the implications they have within the Star Wars mythology. He's complex, more so than I think most people expected and they just wanted a literal rehash of Vader so it upsets them when they were presented with something much more real.
>>
>>78317863
He's the absolute madman
>>
>>78317863
First that I can think of
>>
>>78317744
He's literally the best author the EU ever had aside from Timothy Zahn, all of his books are 10/10. The fuck are you on about?
>>
>>78317906
>best author the EU ever had

>Not Matthew Stover

Shatterpoint and TCW are the only good things about the prequels
>>
>>78317756
It just lasted too long, shots that linger like that without dialogue are awkward. It didn't need that sweeping shot from above of them just still standing there staring at each other.
>>
>>78317475
>Ben stabbed first.
>>
>>78317906

star by star was the last good book he wrote
>>
>>78315418
Bro you fucking know what's up, I couldn't have said it any better. We are now in the speculation phase with only the questions of tfa to guide our imaginations. Thank goodness it's only 18 months I remember the first year after tpm and aotc when all we got were casting decisions and maybe a few pieces of concept art. There were some great games and OK books to fill the void. It was grueling but it did give us plenty of time to dream and I think that's worth something.3 years now seems fucking outrageous and I'm getting old. Its going to be a great year.
>>
>>78317857
One shouldn't have to read supplementary material in books and guides to better understand a movie. The reasons and goals of the protagonists and antagonists should be seen in a movie, even a small hint is better than nothing. Guide books should be used to give even more information about a subject or setting in a movie, rather than be used as the only source for information.
>>
>>78317871
I'm waiting on an explanation as to WHY he turned to the Dark Side before I say anything about him is complex.
You can have a complex character and still have him be a raging, imbalance young man. WHY does he want to purge himself of the Light? Regret? A need to fulfill a goal using the Dark Side only? Something else?
>>
>>78317980
>The reasons and goals of the protagonists and antagonists should be seen in a movie

Good thing, this was all in the movie.
>>
>>78317948
Pretty much, yeah
>>
>>78317693
>They fail to destroy Starkiller Base
Anon, do you even pottery?
>>
>>78317379
She can be his granddaughter, though.
>>
File: 1440516321702.png (417 KB, 500x700) Image search: [Google]
1440516321702.png
417 KB, 500x700
>>78317959
>tfw Troy Denning's book is the next in the series
>>
>>78318005
I refuse to stop until this is the next big star wars meme.
>>
What's the best sourcebook on the old republic?

KotoR Campaign Guide?
>>
>>78317983
I can't disagree with that, more of his backstory and motivations are what I'm most excited about for the next 2 films. I have not been this enamored with a character since the first time I saw Darth Vader, and Vader isn't very interesting or developed in ANH, especially compared to Kylo Ren.
>>
so the guy that kylo stabbed wasn't one of luke's jedi students

but i'm wondering why the knights of ren are murdering random dudes who use melee weapons

https://twitter.com/pablohidalgo/status/678618265858387968
>>
>>78318082
That's fair.
Rey and Kylo have a much more established rivalry now, unlike Luke and Vader, which is something I really liked in this film.
I wonder if he'll have to use a breathing apparatus after that gut-shot, though.
>>78318110
I'm wondering when or if the other Knights are going to show up. I know Kylo is their Master, so does he still control them, even under Snoke?
>>
>>78318110
I know it'll be explained in due course, but I fucking hate waiting. I need to know what was happening here. I wanted to see an awesome flashback of Luke running around protecting his students. I want to know what the deal is with the Knighs of Ren. Are they something like the One Sith but with a name change? Why won't you tell us Pablo
>>
>>78317959
>>78318053
I can't even hold all these wrong opinions. He's the only one who kept me reading Legacy of the Force and Fate of the Jedi, his books were by far the strongest installments and he had the thankless job of singlehandedly unfucking as much of Karen Traviss' wank as possible in order to salvage LotF. He was the only author that ever understand the true voice and feel of all the characters as far as I'm concerned, everyone else always wildly misunderstood many of them and so you get characterizations for Han, Leia, and Jaina especially that are just awful outside of his books.
>>
File: 20151219_woc915_6.png (202 KB, 1190x1560) Image search: [Google]
20151219_woc915_6.png
202 KB, 1190x1560
The axis markers
>>
>>78318156
>I wonder if he'll have to use a breathing apparatus after that gut-shot, though.
That's far too much pottery for my liking. Hopefully he'll realise him and Anakin shared a similar facial scar and then he can stop jizzing over Vader
>>
>>78318156

snoke mentions having other apprentices, and the knights of ren are referred to a as a new group of darksiders in the visual dictionary. so kylo is their leader but they're all under snoke.
>>
>>78317589
>You can change five things about TFA. Only five things. What do you change?

No closeups on Snoke, stick with the wideshots. His design could be a little more alien.

No Starkiller Base, have 'the Tarkin' just be a massive ship.

Speed up the time in Maz Kanata's castle, it drags a little.

Replace TR8R with Phasma, her being slightly wounded after the battle would make capture later to lower the shields be more reasonable.

Luke says something. Hell he can just nod or whatever.
>>
>>78317589
>more Poe, maybe he's captured by the FO and they get him back at the end of the movie or he meets Rey at the end. Through out the movie you can cut back to him on the Star Killer
>Have Phasma be on the ground doing combos with TR-8R
>Just refer to Snoke as "Supreme Commander"
>Better explanation on the Resistance than a throw away line
>fix Kylo's hilt
>>
>>78318206
Well shit, I missed that bit
>>78318205
I think such a fucking complete defeat will shake his faith a little. And it would be funny to see Kylo being forced to use an invasive and painful breathing aid and think "I have chosen a poor role model."
Aslo, does anyone have a gif of Riot Trooper throwing away his weapons when he calls out Finn? I couldn't not find that part hilarious.
Also one of that duo of troopers turning away from their patrol during Kylo's freak-out
>>
>>78318219
The scene with Luke should have had him walk over and take the Lightsaber from Rey. And then close on him looking it over with a sad or wistful look on his face. Maybe have him say something regarding how long it's been since he's held it. I don't know, just anything more than staring at each other without moving for 2 minutes.
>>
File: 91iNObI+NEL.jpg (667 KB, 2560x1529) Image search: [Google]
91iNObI+NEL.jpg
667 KB, 2560x1529
Amazon has some scan previews for this, some new pages some old but here we go.
>>
File: 91ppNTY8QVL.jpg (702 KB, 2560x1529) Image search: [Google]
91ppNTY8QVL.jpg
702 KB, 2560x1529
>>78318300
I don't want pie captcha
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 82

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.