[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
COME AND GET YOUR LOVE
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 4
File: HAIL.png (433 KB, 855x355) Image search: [Google]
HAIL.png
433 KB, 855x355
COME AND GET YOUR LOVE
>>
>>78313975
PiƱa coladas are terrible.
>>
Sup Reddit
>>
File: memeoffbro.gif (2 MB, 500x185) Image search: [Google]
memeoffbro.gif
2 MB, 500x185
ALL OF THE LOVE, BRO
>>
>>78313975
The thing is I still like this movie. I recently rewatched it with a friend and still found myself enjoying it nearly as much as the last few times I saw it.

I dislike that Bendis took over the comics though and made everything a shit show in a hurried rush to try and make everything like the MCU movies. The comics were fine as were before Bendis took over and I think could have been easily marketed to an audience wanting to see a different take on the characters
>>
>>78314183
>I still like this movie
>still

It's strange that you feel you have to say that.
>>
>>78314183
People are going to tell you "What Bendis didn't make it like the movies look at all the different characters" but I think you have a point in terms of the tone and how any Guardian who wasn't in the film was effectively excised and replaced with some Earth heroes who have no business being there.

They could use the comics to hype up some of the additional Guardian characters in the second movie but I guess that kind of synergy would just make TOO much sense.
>>
>>78314361

Well we are on a board where it's common practice to like something for a few months and then suddenly decide that you always hated it from the very beginning and that it's irredeemably shit.
>>
>>78314388
I think most people enjoy the movie. People who say otherwise and call it a meme movie or reddit tier or whatever buzzwords are just shitposting.
>>
>>78314388
I thought it was mediocre from the beginning, but I couldn't say anything the first month without GOTGfags accusing me of being a troll and yelling "YOU JUST HATE MUH FUN".

Honestly, the obnoxious way cosmicfags acted before and after the movie probably contributed to this board turning on it. /co/ still likes Iron Man, Winter Soldier and Ant-Man, so it's not really true that people here love something at first and then turn on it. Of course, just saying it's "reddit le movie XDD" without explaining why you didn't like it is also retarded.
>>
>>78313975
Anyone got an ebook of the concept art book?

There was so many fucking god-tier DnA-based Star-Lord designs.
>>
File: qfHUvIc.png (557 KB, 1009x503) Image search: [Google]
qfHUvIc.png
557 KB, 1009x503
>>78314467
Here's some of them. Was hoping there'd be more clear images on the internet somewhere.

Hope they give him the top part of the helmet and more of the military design of the concept art in GotG2.
>>
GIRL YOU JUST DON'T REALISE
>>
Friendly Reminder that Gunn hates that they based everything else GotG off of the movie.

So I'd expect GotG2 to be closer in tone to the original comics.
>>
>>78314442
I can respect that, there are a lot of people that seem to hate on things without justified reasoning and when asked will just spew "le reddit meme, NOT MUH" kind of crap

Thought of Marvel movies yeah Guardians and Captain America 2 are my favorites
>>
>>78314183
>>78314384
samefag
>>
>>78314442
I really enjoyed the movie. I didn't have any sort of positive expectation going into it, but I was pleasantly surprised. To date, it's the only movie I liked so much I saw it in theaters twice.
>>
>>78314583
>Friendly Reminder that Gunn hates that they based everything else GotG off of the movie.
source where he says this, I don't want your interpretations.
>>
I liked Bendis' first Gotg volume and the new one. (Inb4 Bendis pastas)
>>
File: Korath-1.jpg (64 KB, 532x532) Image search: [Google]
Korath-1.jpg
64 KB, 532x532
>>78314467
>Who?
>>
>>78314691
As far as I'm aware, it was when Pratt was being interviewed somewhere and asked Gunn which books would he need to get into for Star-Lord background reading.

Gunn said, that if he had to, then he should read DnA era books but NOT Bendis' books.
>>
I find it funny that people keep going "Ooga Chacka" when Come and Get your Love was the better and more impressionable song of the film.
>>
>>78314824
it's the marketing, "Ooga Chacka" was all over the commercials for the movie, so it became the first go to song
>>
Am I the only person who likes this movie, but fucking haaates the soundtrack (other than Bowie)? Every time I watch it with someone else I cringe because it makes me think of some shitty dance scene in High School Musical or something.
>>
>>78314824
Ooga Chaka predates the movie itself because it was in the trailers.
>>
>>78314843
I've never seen High School Musical. I think the soundtrack was superb.
>>
>>78314843
That's just stupid. the music is great. even if you're not from that era. just because you ruined your own psyche with shit like high school musical doesn't make it bad.
>>
>>78314864
High School Musical is harmless as fuck, though.
>>
>>78314662
samefag? by bendis? Say whaat nigga? nigga he be chill wit cage and my brothas,
>>
>>78313975
Goat fucking intro

Up there with iron man 3 for best MCU intro
>>
Movie was so disappointing.

Gunn is better when he isn't restricted by a rating
>>
>>78313975

Pratt dancing underneath the title was fucking hilarious.
>>
>>78314815
You forgot the part where he said he should not read any book because they are doing their own thing that has no relation with the comics.

Like always.
>>
The worst thing about the Bendis comics is how some of his ideas aren't actually half bad.

A symbiote behaving like an alien instead of just a foil for Spider-Man? Awesome.

Ben Grimm being an astronaut like he's always wanted to be? Beautiful.

Tony Stark Kirk-ing across the cosmos? Nice.

But oh my god, those books suck so much.
>>
>>78314691
Not quite the same thing, but he tweeted when the animated series released its soundtrack (featuring Hooked On A Feeling as the theme) that he didn't like the look of it.
>>
>>78313975
I want Chris Pratt to hold me down and savagely fuck my tight asshole
>>
>>78314558
Guardians 2 should feel more like DnA's run. The first movie was an introduction to the characters, especially since they couldn't do Annihilation.

I'd be very surprised if we didn't get Mantis, Nova, or even Moondragon.
>>
Movies aside, are the Infinite comics any good?
I hated Bendis take on the guardians but this one... I don't know it gives me a different vibe since is a new series.
>>
>>78322154
>I'd be very surprised if we didn't get Mantis, Nova, or even Moondragon.
I have no source at hand right now, but I think they confirmed Mantis is in GotG2
>>
>>78321953
I'd rather have Chris Evans do that desu senpai.

Pratt's alright too.
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.