[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Besides Ultimate Kitty and Ultimate Captain America, are any
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 2
File: 3761988-4142802944-b00ba.jpg (205 KB, 1024x723) Image search: [Google]
3761988-4142802944-b00ba.jpg
205 KB, 1024x723
Besides Ultimate Kitty and Ultimate Captain America, are any of the Ultimates more powerful than their 616 counterpart?
>>
Ultimate Thing knocked Zombie Hulk out.
That may indicate he's stronger than 616 Thing.
>>
That's bullshit. I get that hulk is strongest there is, but how could some mutie and a space-ray jerkoff be physically stronger than Thor?
>>
Ok. That's it. No more ignorance for this poor shlub.

What the fuck is the difference between Marvel's Ultimate universe and it's primary universe?
>>
>>78307220
Thor's not as physically strong as you think. But because he backs it up with legitimate power, warrior prowess, and god-like fortitude, he's seems stronger than he actually is.
>>
>>78307327
In 616, some people are assholes, and Power Level bullshit is through the roof
In UMU, everyone but Spider-Man is an asshole, and powers are massively reduced, more emphasis on technology
>>
>>78307327
Ultimate Marvel was basically what if Marvel started in modern day 2000
>>
>>78307538
>Ultimate Tony
>asshole
>>
>>78307220
That is UIltimate Thor. His powers come from his tech-based belt and hammer. Without them he would just be a ordinary buff man.
>>
>>78307099
The Maker.
That guy has 100% control of his power.
>>
>>78307099
Ultimate Ben Grimm
>>
>>78307538
Nah, Ultimate Peter is a fucking asshole.
>>
>>78307423
In the comics Thor is basically Silver Age Superman without a retcon to power him down and the limitation that he requires his hammer in hand to pull new powers out of his ass. Ultimate Thor is way weaker.
>>
>>78307643
Well, they didn't USED to, but then Neil Gaima...err...Loki altered reality so that they did.
>>
>>78307099
I don't think regular Colossus is stronger than Iron Man or Thor, so Colossus, I guess?
>>
>>78308352
How do you figure? If you're referring to post-Miles, that doesn't count.
>>
>>78307423
Dunno what kind of bad wiki you read but Thor is definitely that strong without Mjolnir.
>>
Ultimate Collasses also needed roids in order to move when his metal skin was on.
>>
>>78307099
Hulk being that low seems off.
>>
File: A is for France.jpg (63 KB, 443x659) Image search: [Google]
A is for France.jpg
63 KB, 443x659
>>78307327
It was a second universe that started in 2000, so that writers and readers could start fresh without all the old decades of continuity. It was destroyed this year.

Everyone's an asshole and there's lots of pop-culture references.
>>
>>78309342
Well, it's not like any writer is actually going to feel bound to follow this chart. Hell, the people who made this chart will probably ignore it the moment it becomes even a minor hindrance to a story or scenario they end up writing.
>>
>>78309299

Power boosters. Was basically Ultimate Kick.
>>
>>78307099

>Best Thor
>Really-good Tony
>Captain Americanism
>The Maker
>Good guy teenager Spiderman
>Gray canibal Hulk

I...I miss the Ultimate Universe.
>>
>>78309394
>so that writers and readers could start fresh without all the old decades of continuity
How many stories were rehashes of stories from 616?
>>
>>78307327

It's the cartoon and live-action versions of the same universe, basically.
>>
>>78307099
>Spidey 5'5"
>Iron Man 7'
>Thing 7'5"

What is this?
>>
>>78307099
And now they're all Ultimately dead
>>
>>78307099

Is this referring to how much weight they can theoretically lift up?

>Hulk only 17 tonnes

Unless they're referring to when he's "chill", since angry Hulk can swing tonks weighing upwards of 60 tons like they were made of balsa.
>>
>>78313315
All the numbers pulled out at random
>>
>>78312824
Me too. Loeb injured it greatly, then they killed it with the shitty events
>>
>>78307099
I think Ultimate Colossus is physically stronger than original.
>>
>>78312842
All of them.
>>
>>78307099
>captain america; 2 tonnes

he fuck is this shit

also, Ultimate Thing and Ultimate Collossus were supposed to be stronger than ultimate Hulk
>>
>>78307099
Ultimate Kitty isn't more powerful than 616 Kitty. 616 Kitty lived through all of Ultimate Kitty life and learned everything she knew, she can do all Ultimate Kitty could and more.
>>
>>78313565
What's point of "starting fresh without all the old decades of continuity" then?
>>
>>78315585

What? When did that happened?
>>
>>78309609
>>78309342
yeah.
didn't ultimate colossus lift an aircraft carrier once?
>>
>>78307099
Just going from the comic books I remember reading from previous things, my perception was always "all of you together probably can't restrain The Hulk".

At several points there was a necessity to throw The Thing at The Hulk, and he was distinctly the lightweight in the fight, and throwing in one or more people did not help.

They eventually won in most cases because on average, the Hulk is neither particularly smart or skilled. But he is strong. If you were to just compare raw muscle it would be like Brock Samson running a hundred yards on a football field while being mostly obscured by like, everyone else in the show that's "normal sized" clinging to him and going for a ride for their troubles.

(Also a good comparison because "early Brock" or "I'm mad and I'm killing you all Brock" like we still see sometimes, he is very Hulk like. Of course, he calms down quickly/turns it off. But when he's mad.... He's scary.)
>>
>>78315585
what could ultimate kitty do?
>>78315625
it's mostly a retelling of their origin in a more coherent and compact form, so that someone unfamiliar with the lore could start fresh and learn about the character.
It also evolved independently from the originals though.They aren't exactly identical, but they introduce most of the themes and characters that you'd meet in the main universe.

They could work both as their own independent stories and as an introduction to the characters for those who had never read about their original version.
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.