[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Remember the episode of Futurama where the billions of microscopic
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: Futurama.nano_benders.png (445 KB, 720x400) Image search: [Google]
Futurama.nano_benders.png
445 KB, 720x400
Remember the episode of Futurama where the billions of microscopic Benders rearrange molecules to change reality?

This isn't really possible, right?
>>
No because something MADE of molecules can't be SMALLER THAN molecules.

But it might somehow work like the Atom or Pym Particles, eg "It's science I ain't gotta explain shit"
>>
You mean rearranging molecules to change reality or being tiny and doing that?
I'm not sure molecules do anything for reality anyway. Several experiments suggest that reality is shaped by some kind of consciousness, so I don't know if changing molecules would do that.
>>
>>78301332
Yes and no.
You can use little machines to manipulate atoms but those machines are lot bigger than atoms.

That episode is based off the "Grey Goo" apocalypse scenario.
If you make a machine that can make more of itself using any material, then it would consume the Earth incredibly fast if the construction time for a copy is short enough.
Exponential growth and all that.

>Several experiments suggest that reality is shaped by some kind of consciousness

No they don't.

Inb4 observer effect.
The observer effect doesn't mean what you think it means.
>>
>>78301500
>Several experiments suggest that reality is shaped by some kind of consciousness

explain
>>
File: 1449783648941.jpg (79 KB, 1479x959) Image search: [Google]
1449783648941.jpg
79 KB, 1479x959
>>78301500
You're talking metaphorically, right.

Because it sounds like you've misread quite a lot of things.
>>
>>78301332
I liked that episode.
>>
>>78301332
I remember them making the odd decision of making the giant as completely sympathetic as possible before mocking and killing him
>>
>>78301500
Not really. If anything, there are experiments that suggest reality is a simulation.

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/blogs/physics/2015/07/are-we-living-in-a-computer-simulation/

http://www.naturalnews.com/038985_universe_simulation_intelligent_design.html
>>
>>78305751
The article that one of those links goes to says that it is a theoretical possibility, not that it is probable or that there is any evidence.

The other link seems to be to some anti science weird ass right wing website. Of which some of its other articles are suggest global warming and vaccines are just made up.

Okay.
>>
>>78305580
same, really funny episode

I loved how they came back to the professor's sweaters at the end considering that was how the whole episode started.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.