[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Super Villain Redemption
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 87
Thread images: 15
File: Killer Croc.jpg (207 KB, 1278x1247) Image search: [Google]
Killer Croc.jpg
207 KB, 1278x1247
Pick a comic book villain and re-write that character to where he or she becomes a hero or neutral character.

>Waylon Jones was born with reptilian features that got worse as he got older but his parents supported and loved him the same
>His parents die in a car accident and the only person that offers to care for him is his drunk and abusive grandmother, his grandmother abused him heavily, kept him from school and would lock him in an actual cage for most of the day
>By the time Waylon reached his teen years a ringleader of a circus called the Circus of the Strange visits and offers to take Waylon off her hands for in exchange for a great deal in money, she accepts and Waylon is adopted by the enigmatic ringleader.
>The other freaks and performers at the circus welcome him with open arms and became a surrogate family to him and Waylon even gets payed a decent salary for his performances
>Never been able to go to school, Waylon takes it upon himself to educate himself and purchase books with his money, Waylon studies heavily and his surrogate family help tutor him, Waylon has ambitions to go to college and get a degree in medicine so that he can treat people with deformities similar to his own
>Upon turning twenty-three Jones leaves the circus and the other circus freaks give him some of they're money to support him, Waylon leaves to Gotham city to continue his education and get into Gotham University, he is greeted with looks of shock and disgust and soon becomes an outcast the minute he gets there
>Despite his best efforts, he couldn't get into college and the best job he got was at a moving company that utilizes his inhuman strength for minimum wage
>He starts to attend meetings that support people with deformities and there, he meets a woman with hypoplasia by the name of Mary Louise Dahl and the two hit it off
>Mary turns out to be loaded with her earnings as a child star in a sitcom and has Waylon move in with her upon learning his financial situation
>>
>>78301287
Croc's already good/neutral in the current runs though.

>Protects the homeless unwanted lot of Gotham
>Had a side job as bodyguard to Mob Boss Selina, who wanted to keep the crime families contained and reasonable instead of seizing power
>AA sponsor to Roy
>>
Making a fan comic about Croc being a hero already, guess that's not so hard to pitch after all. He was a victim most of the time anyway.
>>
>>78301739
So sort of a criminal with a heart of gold thing? That's really cool.
>>
>>78301965
How's your progress?
>>
>>78301287
He was a good guy in Earth One and it was great
>>
>>78302110
Having a hard time to commit to one artwork style.
>>
>>78301287
>Mary Louise Dahl
Name rings a bell, she that chick with the hot air ballon?
>>
>>78302277
can we read the script?
>>
File: Baby_Doll.jpg (15 KB, 450x303) Image search: [Google]
Baby_Doll.jpg
15 KB, 450x303
>>78302364
She's Baby Doll.
>>
>>78302542
It's sad really you wouldn't be able to feature her in comics or other media with croc with this kind of story without some jackass pointing out she looks like a child firing off taboo ideas. Her story is fucking horrible and sad to live your whole life looking like a kid and being treated like it.

I loved the writer for all the eps he made most of the villains feel more whole and have reasons why they do what they do.
>>
>>78302829
Ironically enough though, Croc and Baby Doll's relationship would be the most vanilla thing ever.
>>
File: sandmanmu11.gif (29 KB, 345x543) Image search: [Google]
sandmanmu11.gif
29 KB, 345x543
This guy turns over a new leaf after examining the mess his life had become, and joins the Avengers.
>>
File: WithATouchHeTurnsTheFightAround.png (2 MB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
WithATouchHeTurnsTheFightAround.png
2 MB, 1080x1920
Oh boy. This sounds fucking awesome. Okay OP, here we go!
Overdrive!
He attempts to join various diffrent groups of Avengers, gets turned down, even by the defenders. He's hired by A.I.Mvengers, helps them trick out their air ships, makes a better harness for Songbird, works with the R&D department to figure out better, and more useful ways. 6 months (1 event) later and the new BIG EVENT is about to wrap up. Marvel heroes is fighting NOT Metron, everyone gets fucked. Overdrive totally pimps out and takes over his throne, saves the fucking day! Gets bitch and money.

he wakes up and it was all a fucking dream
>>
>>78304460
kek
I wish he would be a good guy again though
>>
>>78304460
That would be nice especially seeing he had a criminal career prior to to his daughter's death and the sand powers.

Most comic book villains have tragic backstories that propels them into being villains but Sandman feels like he could've been a hero, like the opportunities were there but he didn't take them.

I am all for Avengers Sandman now or just heroic Sandman period.
>>
>>78301739
Wasn't he protecting a girl in Batman Eternal?
>>
>>78302250
pics? sounds badass.

I love when characters like that become more than the lot life has cast for them and rise above.

Heroic Croc would be bitchin.
>>
>>78301739
The protecting and helping of the homeless part could work very well with the AU OP suggested as it would upgrade him from a neutral character to a heroic one.
>>
>>78305419
Sandman was an Avenger mate
>>
File: Joker.jpg (14 KB, 236x310) Image search: [Google]
Joker.jpg
14 KB, 236x310
I want to see them try this simply because I can't remember DC every doing it in the "cannon" universe.

Have his brain get scrambled or wave some magic, doesn't matter. The outcome is that Joker realizes he's an evil person who's done fucked up things now.

It doesn't even have to have him being a hero at first, just Bruce with him all the time, like a sponsor or trainer or some shit, because Joker keeps trying to kill himself because he realizes the world would be better off without him.

Eventually he just tags along with Bruce on nightly vigilantism because he realizes Gotham is in more danger without a Batman protecting it. He still takes more risks though.

Have different members of the Bat Family comment on it or have Jason try to kill him because of fucking course it's going to be Jason.

Hell we can even have Harley lose any interest in him because he's not a fucking psychopath that gets her clown panties wet.

Also keep having him try to apologize to random heroes and people he's fucked with over the years.
>>
>>78307877
>managing to make the worst character even worse
wow
>>
>>78307991
There's literally nothing left for them to do with him anon.
>>
>>78305443
Yeah he had a bunch of homeless he protected underground. The girl died, so he gave up on that since he wasn't up to the task. Catwoman convinces him to help her wrangle all the crime in the city to make it safer for his people.
>>
>>78307877
I mean, it would be cool to happen, but even if he was somehow magically turned good there's no way he could possibly be a hero. Dude is a mass murderer and would probably be better off just turning himself in.
>>
>>78307877
They kind of did that in the Superman: Distant Fires Elseworld (http://dc.wikia.com/wiki/Superman:_Distant_Fires).

It's set after a nuclear war which somehow depowers everyone. Joker is now sane and remorseful for what he's done.
>>
>>78307991
>>78308022

Making the Joker worse: it's revealed that the Joker never existed. He's a figment of Bruce's mind. Bruce has committed all those crimes over the years, had psychotic Fight Club fights with himself, etc.

THAT would be the shittiest thing ever.
>>
>>78301287
I remember that one Batman Elseworlds that had Bruce become head of Arkham be an example of a Killer Croc redemption, indeed was a rare example of an Elseworld with an actual happy ending
>>
File: Red_Hood_bb1.jpg (12 KB, 515x471) Image search: [Google]
Red_Hood_bb1.jpg
12 KB, 515x471
>>78307877
it's been done better
he essentially becomes classy batman in BnB
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gxi-yA3gKN8
>>
File: Shocker_from_Thunderbolts_159.jpg (61 KB, 382x678) Image search: [Google]
Shocker_from_Thunderbolts_159.jpg
61 KB, 382x678
I can totally see the Shocker being an anti-hero. In the Superior Foes story, he was actually a decent guy when not being a villain. I could see a transformation possibly going like this. (My phone wont let me green text)

Herman bumps into an old girlfriend of his, who's moved back into the city. They talk about the good old days and Herman's long time talents for inventing. She also informs him that she has cancer.

Herman eventually learns that she has a son (late teens). He has a chance to meet him, and eventually he gets back together with his ex.
After a while she tells that he is the father. Upset at first, Herman comes to terms with his new responsibility.

With her health deteriorating, Herman attempts to rob a bank so that he can save her. This puts him at odds with Spiderman who causes him to lose the money; however, in a fit of rage, Herman beats Spiderman badly.

Unable to save her, she dies in the hospital. Tracking Shocker down with a Spider-tracer from their previous encounter, Spiderman finds Herman crying deeply in his apartment.

Spiderman councils Herman over his loss and reveals his identity. He informs Herman about the loss of his uncle and how it turned him into the man he is today.

Inspired, Herman takes in his son and tries to turn over a new leaf; however, old habits die hard.
>>
File: 1447126606681.jpg (33 KB, 637x383) Image search: [Google]
1447126606681.jpg
33 KB, 637x383
>>78308839
>had psychotic Fight Club fights with himself
Definitely sixteen years too late to bitch about spoilers but I had managed to avoid them until I read this post which I now realize is both a testament to my ability to read around conversations as well put off seeing a movie for almost two decades.
>>
>>78311437
While we're at it, snaps kills dumbledor and Vader is Luke's father
>>
>>78311482
I don't know how you managed to misspell and not capitalize both Snape and Dumbledore. Bummed I didn't manage to avoid the big spoiler for The Force Awakens though after somehow being able to dodge the Fight Club one for over a decade. I knew there was a twist but I didn't know what it was.
>>
File: Deathstroke the Terminator4.png (3 MB, 2040x2800) Image search: [Google]
Deathstroke the Terminator4.png
3 MB, 2040x2800
Government funded for wet-work on other supervillains.
He's not directly affiliated with The Justice League, but he finds out a target is part of a more sinister plan, he'll pass the info to The League so they can keep an eye out for anything his employers don't find first.

Also he's a family man.
>>
>>78311436
inventing and immediately fridging an old girlfriend just to angst him into a redemption arc is pretty tacky and cliche

I'd say have him laying low in some community, tinkering with his suits, when Carnage picks that place to massacre. Herman tries to run, but gets cut off, so makes a mad dash for his apartment so he can suit up and defend himself. It turns out he's managed to souped up his gauntlets enough to wear Carnage down over the course of an endurance fight. SHIELD shows up to find Herman, beaten, bloodied, punch drunk, blasting Carnage's body without break to stop him from reconstituting himself.

SHIELD traps and bags Carnage, everyone is grateful to Herman and congratulating him. They assume that he's already turned a new leaf, when he was just defending himself, but now they're talking about opportunities they can provide him to be a (paid) good guy.

Then you get to have several situations were he's tempted to steal some extra loot, or let a hero that once busted him die, but each time he rationalizes a selfish excuse to do the right thing
>>
>>78311523

i find the secret to dodging spoilers is to go on 4chan and deliberately expose myself to so many retarded contradictory bullshit spoilers that it's impossible to tell which ones are for real and which ones are just noise
>>
>>78307877
how about
>most of bat family not in gotham for a while
>joker grows bored of terrorizing gotham citizens
>starts sabotaging illegal operations for laughs
>>
>>78301287

Didn't the Riddler have an episode in TAS where he went straight, and batman made him so paranoid that he went back into crime?
>>
>>78311975
He went straight in comics, too. Then he got hit on the head and returned to status quo.
>>
>>78311436
I just want Parker to hire him so they can go on "retards for science" adventures
>>
>>78311696
I have two things to say:
1. That idea is fucking awesome and 10x better than mine.
2. Why aren't you pitching it?
>>
>>78301287
Has a villain redemption ever stuck? I mean a villain who wasnt made to be redeemed; a villain who was a round a while, redeemed, and stayed good.

Im finding that all it takes is one twat who wants to go back to status quo that ruins it. Just look at Loki right now.
>>
>>78312924
Harley :^)
>>
>>78312964
Harley is inconsistent as fuck
>>
>>78312989
Harley's dindu, as well.
>>
>>78312924
Venom?
>>
>>78312924
Wolverine
>>
>>78312924
Hawkeye, Scarlet Witch (although there was the House of M and aftermatch period), Quick Silver
>>
>>78313155
Depends who's wearing Venom. You go from Lethal Protector to "Skrull, do you know how Spider-Man looks like" to Army Man Venom.
>>
>>78312924
The Punisher, sorta
He hasn't really changed in any way, but the narrative thinks he's a good guy now
>>
>>78311696

I can just picture an awesome scene where beaten Shocker is just blasting Carnage on and off for lots of panels and just showing a small time skip where he's just doing it for like an hour and getting really tired.
>>
>>78313155
Eddie became toxic though, after killing other symbiote's and their host, who revert bac to basic crazy venom
>>
>>78311975
I remember being very upset at Bruce about that.
>>
>>78312924
Songbird
Magneto currently
So far sabertooth
>>
>>78313774

If Eddie had of stayed Anti Venom it would have made more sense.
>>
>>78307877
I'd rather see a heroic version of Joker who decides that Gotham's worst enemy is the people's cynicism, so he becomes a crime fighter who plays the clown gimmick straight.
>>
>>78312924
Songbird
Mobius, the living vampire
>>
>>78313915
Guess he'll become the Antidote huh huh?
>>
>>78307877
I can imagine Joker turning back into Red Hood if you got redemption like the alternate version of him from Brave and The Bold.
>>
>>78311436
It's pretty cheesy but it can work nonetheless, I like criminals getting redemption stories and Shocker could work great especially if he's trying to fight back criminal impulses while trying to better himself, similarly in Plastic Man in Brave and the Bold but less of an idiot.
>>
>>78313670

Soooo you both want Max LandisĀ“ The Shocker: Legit?
>>
>>78312924
Amygdala.

He even became Dick Grayson's wacky neighbor before Bludhaven got nuked.
>>
File: 4342692-venom.jpg (163 KB, 575x658) Image search: [Google]
4342692-venom.jpg
163 KB, 575x658
>>78313915
What ever happened to Agent Venom?

I'd like to see him in Guardians 2
>>
Ok I got one. Black Manta

I remember that his orgin was before DC changed it was that he was abducted as a child and repeadly sexually assaulted by the kidnappers, he was also autistic. He hates aquaman because when he was being held on a boat where the kidnappers kept him he saw him, and tried calling for help but aquaman didn't notice.

The story would be years later where Manta is up to one of his plans and is at the docks when he comes across a smuggling operation which is child human trafficking for sexslaves, many of them children. He gets a flashback to what happened to him and decides to act and takes out the smugglers who later turnout to be working for some crime syndicate who come after him for it. He rescues them and leave when the cops shows up except for one young kid who follows him who he later takes under his wing and trains as his side kick. After some assassins come after him from the syndicate he decides to bring the whole organization down and calls in debts from a few other villains that ow him. Deathlok, killer croc and maybe one other person. He fights his way through the compound maybe the head bosse's mansion fighting guards and other superpowered villains and finally kills the boss after being wounded. The ending could go either way maybe adopting the kid or finding a family to adopt him since he doesn't want him to live the life of a villain. I think it could make for a decent mini series.
>>
>>78319567
he's currently obeying the voices in his head, and trying not to make the symbiote evil again
>>
>>78320068
That's really good and I actually never knew about Black Manta's backstory, thanks for that as well.
>>
>>78312924
Hawkeye
Black Widow
Quicksilver
SW
Venom symbiote
Dragon Man
Ronan
Red Hulk
Scott Lang
Winter Soldier
>>
File: BD1-019.jpg (201 KB, 606x957) Image search: [Google]
BD1-019.jpg
201 KB, 606x957
>>78321749
Manta's backstory tends to change really frequently, because Manta loves to fuck with Aquaman by pretending to be a sympathetic villain. One time he pretended to be autistic, Aquaman felt sorry for them, tried to rehabilitate him, they became allies, then he stabbed him in the back and revealed it was all a lie. Another time he claimed to be a black nationalist, who wanted to make Atlantis a new home for his people, only to have it revealed that he could give a shit about racial discrimination and just wanted to fuck with Aquaman.
Another time we found out that his family was abducted by Atlanteans before his eyes. His wife was murdered and his son was mutated into a weird atlantean hybrid thing. When Aquaman revealed that the one responsible was Mera's sister, who Black Manta was partnered with, he revealed that his family was just another mean to an end.
Black Manta is the worlds greatest asshole.
Apparently, when Aquaman was dead, he went straight and started a sea food market. This is what happened when he discovered Arthur was back
>>
File: The Shockfather.png (169 KB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
The Shockfather.png
169 KB, 700x700
>>78311436
I'm still betting he's the Whisperer in Sam Wilson: Captain America or a major plot element in Spencer's Ant-Man.
>>
>>78322314
I also want to see a Shocker VS Daredevil fight, since his gauntlets seem like the perfect thing to fuck up Matt's senses.
>>
File: hqdefault[1].jpg (20 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault[1].jpg
20 KB, 480x360
>>78302829
>It's sad really you wouldn't be able to feature her in comics or other media with croc with this kind of story without some jackass pointing out she looks like a child firing off taboo ideas.
They share an episode in the new batman adventures, though.
>>
>>78322258
wow what a fucking asshole. Would've loved to see him in the Suicide Squad movie

>opens a fish market

kek
>>
>>78322773
Basically, somewhere along the line somebody realized that instead of making an iron-clad origin for him, they could take the constant retcons and make that an origin in itself.
>opens a fish market
I think my favourite part of it is that after the whole slaughter, we get a page of him burning it down and just walking into the ocean.
>>
>>78322423

That episode was awful, though. Just... just awful.
>>
>>78311437
Go see the movie, you son of a bitch, you are really missing out. No ,seriously, go see it right now.
>>
File: thanos-on-throne.jpg (118 KB, 600x591) Image search: [Google]
thanos-on-throne.jpg
118 KB, 600x591
>>78304861
>Marvel heroes is fighting NOT Metron
So Thanos?
>>
>>78322357
Someone did that already...But the fucker didn't know that the Shockers gauntlets aren't electrical based.
>>
>>78310619

Brave and the Bold was so fucking good.

And those episodes were such a terrific first appearance for the Joker.
>>
>>78322314
Is that because of the ending of Superior Foes?
>>
>>78301739
He also didn't eat the kids in Gotham Academy
>>
>>78305566
Different Anon, but I can confirm his statement, the book does a good job leading it in, and it's a rather nice twist.
>>
Dammit, which book was the creature creation table in? I could have sworn it was in Creatures Anathema, but I can't find it.
>>
>>78327635
...Apologies, wrong tab.
>>
>>78327635
>>78327724
Quite alright.

I also suspect you also want the booklet that came with the Dark Heresy GM screen.
>>
>>78304460
I remember in Gauntlet, he kidnapped this girl from her miserable life and took her to an island where he made sand castles and had fun. Unfortunately he murdered her mom by accident and Spidey had to go return the girl to her rightful miserable place.
>>
>>78311581
>Also he's a family man
That part is actually canon

>>78311975
That's really sad actually, goddamn it Batman.
>>
File: how Batman sees the Joker.jpg (3 MB, 1280x3841) Image search: [Google]
how Batman sees the Joker.jpg
3 MB, 1280x3841
>>78307877
It's not imposible. Hell, Batman would bend over backwards for him. He'll always give Joker another chance.
Thread replies: 87
Thread images: 15

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.