[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What went wrong?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 1
File: images.jpg (44 KB, 500x750) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
44 KB, 500x750
What went wrong?
>>
>>78299301
It was Megan Fox & Some Turtles.
>>
>>78299301
It had a ton of writers and had a lot of material reshot and cut out.
>>
>>78299356
Yeah, the Erich Fichtner character of "Erik Sachs" was obviously meant to be Oroku Saki.
Yeah, making Shredder some random white guy was lame, but at least it wasn't a last second pencilled in villain
>>
>>78299356

And only one of those writers seemed to give a shit about the Turtles. The others just wrote the most generic shit that they could.
>>
people taking it too seriously
>>
It was eh.
Song was catchy
>>
>>78299416
That wasn't the problem.
The problem was that it was, like the other anon said, all over place.
Yeah, one minute you have the Turtles having their radioactive blood drained for... reasons, which is perfectly fine and in line with normal TMNT stuff.
But the first part of the movie was framed in investigative journalism shtick with April being the main character.

It was fun, and honestly, I liked it a lot more than I should (even if Splinter's design is by far the worse yet).
>>
Nerds found out micheal bay was involved which solidified it as internet film critic target of the year.
>>
>>78299512
>even if Splinter's design is by far the worse yet
Tony Shaloub did a pretty good job though
>>
>>78299416
I never saw the first one. It looked awful and inconsistent, >>78299512 like that.

watching the trailer for TMNT2 my brain turned off, like some idiot-zen meditation, and I "got" it. I'll be seeing it in theaters honestly.
>>
>>78299562
There are moments when the first one is like that trailer.
Which I enjoyed.
>>
>>78299411
I get what they were trying to do with him, but the whole "Oroku Saki's gone, and this guy's the new leader of the Foot" is not an idea for a first movie.
>>78299413
Luckily, the main two writers are the only one's on the sequel.
>>
>>78299632
But Eric Sachs was meant to have always been Oroku Saki.
Look at his name.
There was never a "Oroku Saki".

Erik Sachs was just a weeb.
>>
>>78299691
>There was never a "Oroku Saki".
No, the plot was that he was mean to be a male Karai.

Saki would have been his old mentor.
>>
>>78299691
What >>78299711 said, he had a Karai-type backstory, where Saki was his mentor as a child.
>>
>>78299711
>>78299769
Then why the curiously similar names?
If you were to pick a white guy name for Oroku Saki, Eric Sachs is pretty much perfect
>>
>>78299941
because it's his adopted son?
>>
>>78299301
It was just whatever. It isn't like old turtle material (outside teh comics which are so dumb they are fun) is really anything special
>>
>>78299301
Michael Bay
>>
>>78299958
Why give him a American name? Why not a Japanese name?
>>
>>78300042
Because he's an american businessman
>>
Megan Fox.
>>
>>78300059
Oroku Saki?

I think we're getting confused.

I'm saying that in an early draft, Eric Sachs was Oroku Saki. Hence the similar names.

Your explanation is that Eric Sachs was adopted by the real Oroku Saki and was given an American sounding version of Saki's name.
Which doesn't make any sense to me.

The idea that the name was inspired by the idea to make a fully Western Shredder is far more plausible
>>
>>78300232
Before the rewrites he was still going to have the same backstory, being trained by the foot clan and creating one in the US.
And you've never met someone who is a Jr?
>>
>>78299411
>Yeah, making Shredder some random white guy was lame, but at least it wasn't a last second pencilled in villain
The fact that the villain actually from the source material was the one that had to be penciled in was emblematic of a lot of the movie's problems.
A lot of the problems are a result of them trying to fix things that weren't broken in the first place.
>>
>>78300232
>>78300281

The movie never says they're related, by the way. They could just be work partners.
>>
>>78300281
Of course, but a Jorge Garcia Jr doesn't often go by George Garret, especially if they honour their father.

But that's all moot anyways.
A movie isn't real life. What is coincidence in real life, often isn't in writing.

Intent is far more likely than accident when it comes to coincidences
>>
>>78300394
Guess so,
Anyway, it's a moot point now that he's dead.
>>
>>78300232
>>78300281
>>78300358
Sachs was a military brat who lived in Japan. At some point in his youth, Saki became his mentor, and he was indoctrinated into The Foot. After Saki dyed, Sachs became the new leader, changing it into a more modern, almost terrorist cell-like group. His name is just a dumb joke, Anglicized version of Oroku Saki.
>>
Not based on the comics.
>>
>>78300778

You could argue its kinda sorta based off the IDW run.
>>
>>78300917
Not at all. Boco please...
>>
>>78300978
>turtles are lab animals in an experiment with the ooze
>April knows them due to this

IDW
>>
>>78300978

No, really.

They're lab pets, April named them, they may or may not be the reincarnations of something from Feudal Japan (kappa, in this case)...
>>
Big stupid action movie.
Shitty villains.
The Vernon character was there only to be cockblocked by a negro turtle.
>>
>>78299301
It was Megan Fox as April O'Neil guest starting the TMNT.
>>
>>78301031
>they may or may not be the reincarnations of something from Feudal Japan
I really hope they bring that in the sequel
>>
>>78301017
You can't reduce IDW just on two points.
>>
Why the fuck did Megan Fox have to own the turtles as a child?
>>
>>78299301
Will Arnett
>>
>>78301031
It's closer to the old cartoon than any comics.
>>
>>78301111
She didn't.
Her dad did.
>>
>>78299301
Megan Fox didn't wear the sexy yellow jumpsuit
>>
>>78301151
Same shit, they were more or less her pets and she let them go. That's the point, what are the fucking odds.
She is the main character of the entire film.
>>
>>78301290
What are the odds that anything happens?
Splinter's whole backtory most of the time is "what are the odds?"
>>
>>78301310
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hK3cTd_WLe0
>>
>>78299301
Origin story and Shredder.

Everything else was pretty solid.
>>
>>78301358
So you think Megan Fox was a solid April?
Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.