[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Star Wars Rebels
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 110
Obi-Wan edition

>Upcoming Releases:
http://www.swbooks.co.uk/updates/release.htm

>Newest Rebels Recon Episode:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_JrVry8kgyw

>The Clone Wars Legacy Content:
http://www.starwars.com/tv-shows/the-clone-wars-legacy

>Star Wars: Uprising: (/swr/ Cartel: Loth-Cats)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QpW6fOEvuSg
http://community.kabam.com/forums/showthread.php?568108-Newx-s-New-Player-Guide

>Star Wars: Commander (/swr/ Squad: Empire - SheevSquad)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pUD2JkBxIJo

>Canon Guide & Timeline:
http://imgur.com/a/wnoIs

>Star Wars /co/ Booru:
starwars.booru.org

Download links (Books, Comics, Rebels, Films, etc): http://pastebin.com/nWsKtSya
>>
File: 1450482841580.jpg (726 KB, 2032x1350) Image search: [Google]
1450482841580.jpg
726 KB, 2032x1350
first for best ship
>>
>>78297309
Why does he look like he's posing for a Carl's Jr./Hardees ad?
>>
>the Rey flashback scene
>touches Anakin's saber
>doesn't show Mustafar
Knowing JJ, it was probably cut since muh OT.
>>
Will Rey get an Obi-Wan vision at some point?
>>
>>78297347
Why would it show Mustafar it didn't show anything from the OT
>>
>>78297354
That's why they're bringing back Hayden.
>>
>>78297347
Because Rey's connection is with Luke. Ren's is with Vader.

Pottery
>>
>>78297372
Bespin.
>>
Does 'Before the Awakening' have an audiobook?
I can't find any info about one.
>>
My two biggest complaints with the movie

-The two guys from The Raid weren't in a proper fight scene
-The Knights of Ren weren't introduced properly and were just a vision
>>
>>78297354
I swear, if Han comes back as a Force Ghost..

...then again, it's got to be better than Force Ghost Jar Jar.
>>
>>78295984
There's just too much vader in him :^)
>>78297337
Is that Finn or just some random trooper?
>>
So, just saw the movie. Liked it, pretty good. A little too straight foreward, thin on the details. But it WAS made for a younger audience, and hey - still better than Lucas' attempt to do the same.

Hearing the force talked about so matter of factly is a bit disjointing. I think the biggest obstacle fans face is disconnecting all the EU material in their heads and everything from decades of star wars prior, since it's all been declared Ex-Canonicus Extremis in Perditious.

I'm really glad they killed that person who you know they killed, that persons performance was the weakest over all. New cast is pretty good. Old cast is old and... stale and bad. Fite me if you must, but they really delivered the weakest performance here.

Also the tradition of Cantina owners somehow being all fucking knowing has come back from the Prequels to haunt us. Madame No-Capes pls, get out of movie.

Over all a pretty good film, just two scenes made me balk. The scene where they get THAT SHIP to get off the desert planet - as soon as they showed it I said "are you fucking kidding me?"

That and Kylo Ren unmasking. I laughed out fucking loud at his stupid face.
>>
>>78297337
I'm sad she was underused. Hopefully episode VIII rectifies that.
>>
>>78297347
You could hear the echoing cries of younglings and likely other Jedi that Anakin killed with it though, but the vision only showed Rey pertinent details to her destiny/identity.
>>
>>78297415
>that persons performance was the weakest over all.

What. He fell immediately back into the role. Leia was the one acting like she had a stroke. Even talked out the side of her mouth.
>>
>>78297406
That's the real hero of the movie, Warboy Trooper
>>
>>78297418
She needs a jetpack
>>
>>78297418
I wouldn't mind if her final scene wasn't so dumb. Couldn't they take some random officer or even Hux hostage instead?

>>78297467
She needs that riot stick, Gwen did take fencing lessons iirc so it could be fun to watch Phasma with a hand weapon.
>>
>>78297449
Maybe it was just the script he was handed in some places then, because at certain points it was baaaadd

"Hey...I like this guy..!"
>>
>>78297401
That's only for those that have followed all the info about the new cannon before seeing the movie though.

Mine are recycling parts of episode 4's plot, underused Phasma, and Kylo Ren's angry outbursts being dumb and taking away from him as a menacing antagonist.
>>
>>78297387
The first place she went to was Bespin? I think I heard Luke screaming after Vader told him he was his father, fits because then they show Luke's robo hand
>>
>>78297387
That's the last time the blade ever saw it's first owner.
>>
File: 1450520484881.gif (107 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
1450520484881.gif
107 KB, 300x300
>>78297406
>not recognizing based TR-8R
>>
>>78297507
>Kylo Ren's angry outbursts being dumb and taking away from him as a menacing antagonist.

That was the best part though and part of what made him menacing.

Really getting tired of people whining that Kylo wasn't just the same sith character we've gotten for six movies already.
>>
>>78297502
I think it was more likely a result of Harrison Ford's injuries during filming that left J.J. with little time to spend on some of Han's scenes to perfect the delivery.
>>
>>78297507
I liked Kylo Ren's outbursts, they showed what he really was - an angry teenager. This is what the darkside is about, being ruled by your passions. That's what makes them strong. You even see Ren psyching himself up during the final duel, pounding his chest wound, getting pumped.
>>
>>78297485
>She needs that riot stick, Gwen did take fencing lessons iirc so it could be fun to watch Phasma with a hand weapon.

Darksaber
>>
>>78297415
>That and Kylo Ren unmasking. I laughed out fucking loud at his stupid face.

Yeah, seriously. Kylo is a good character concept, but the actor looks like a Harry Potter character. Someone in the previous said he'd prefer Gwendoline to be Kylo and honestly I agree. She looks young enough to make it work.
>>
Honestly?

I miss the ninja-Jedi lightsaber battles.

Sure it wouldn't make sense to have one in TFA since there's nobody who could do it, but still.
>>
>>78297403
Unless he himself is connected to the Force, that's not how it works.
>>
>>78297562
>You even see Ren psyching himself up during the final duel, pounding his chest wound, getting pumped.

That's not exactly what it was. He was punching his wound so he could tap into the pain to increase his connection to the dark side.
>>
>>78297535
What do you expect, they all look the same to me
>>
>>78297572
He looks like Tom Hiddleston after a severe beating to the face with treatment by an amateur doctor.
>>
>>78297572
>Harry Potter character
Yes, his name is Snape.
>>
>>78297539
This. His character is outstanding because he's different, he's a villain and powerful, but far from perfect and unstoppable. It's that approach that makes him more than just another Star Wars villain.
>>
File: cloud city gantry.jpg (199 KB, 1024x1024) Image search: [Google]
cloud city gantry.jpg
199 KB, 1024x1024
>>78297517
Yeah, that's the hallway from Cloud City, where Luke is wandering and Vader ambushes him
>>
>>78297415
>But it WAS made for a younger audience
It was made for a newer generation but it had a PG-13 rating and had all the nostalgia pandering

>I'm really glad they killed that person who you know they killed, that persons performance was the weakest over all.
No way. He completely sold it. That other role he played as a certain explorer in his fourth movie, that one he was trying too hard in.
>>
>>78297539
Well I might be just we, but I kept thinking about how he was destroying equipment that would have to be replaced, and choking out people for giving him bad news would encourage them to tell Hux instead, undermining his authority. Vader usually dealt these out for failure.
>>
>>78297572
Now to be fair, it grew on me. Eventually I came to like it because he looked like exactly what he was - an awkward fucking teenager.
>>
>>78297562
>ou even see Ren psyching himself up during the final duel, pounding his chest wound, getting pumped.
He wasn't getting pumped, he was using the pain of the wound to stay conscious
>>
>>78297539
We saw him already in Episode 2 and 3 in Anakin and at least we had context on why he was acting like that.

With Kylo so far we have that he likes granddad and hates dad which are not really good reasons.
>>
>>78297415
Dead Guy just seemed like his heart wasn't in it.
Which it wasn't, obviously, he's hated the role since Jedi.
>>
File: covers.jpg (1 MB, 2016x1728) Image search: [Google]
covers.jpg
1 MB, 2016x1728
Here's the soundtrack covers vote:

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1CnA5F4p5GfKY_7AhaOsFRksRurG5aB-j76qUMGJ5Gpk/viewform

He uploaded his TFA covers so i replaced the separate images with one.

In order from top to bottom are the 6 different ones he's made.
>>
>>78297562
Well still, it wouldn't be that good if he stayed like this in the next film. I hope they show some changes in his attitude from the events of The Force Awakens and from 'completing his training'.
>>
>>78297573
>I miss the ninja-Jedi lightsaber battles.
I don't.

At least not in the movies anyway. Only Episode 1 got it right
>>
>>78297642
>Only Episode 1 got it right

I need another Maul duel.
>>
>>78297636
He never even wanted to come back for Empire. He strongly felt that Han Solo's story arc was complete in that movie since you see him go from disinterested criminal to a hero trying to make a difference and didn't feel there was anything more to get out of the character.
>>
>>78297611
>choking out people for giving him bad news
Exactly like Vader did constantly?

>>78297639
Yeah i'd like to see him develop and become more menacing. or at least more outright psychotic, like an ugly male Azula.

>>78297659
>>78297642
I really liked the sword fighting in this. Good mix of realism and flashy. I'm sure it'll get more hype the more movies come. The Jedi characters need time to develop.

Speaking of which, do you think it's possible Finn is latent? It would explain him freaking out around all the death, it would explain his ability to use a lightsaber even though it's never given any indication he can use anything but a blaster.
>>
Just got back from it, fucking 10/10, this is the Star Wars movie we've been waiting for for 30 years, amazing action, great characters, a fantastic script unlike the SHITTY FUCKING PREQUELS, I wish Abrams was staying for the rest of the movies because he fucking GETS Star Wars
>>
>>78297637

Man all the good ones have at least one that ruins it.

>Top row is fucking great except the first one has the Maul duel with Obi & Qui-Gon...with a Tatooine background?..

>Second and third rows TFA covers don't follow the style at all and so they don't work.

>Fourth one the first two covers look WAY too similar. No idea why they didn't use a day shot of Naboo.

The vehicle ones aren't great but they're probably the most consisten at least.
>>
>>78297699
IDK if i'd go that far, Abrahms has a poison touch when it comes to sequels. I'm glad he's not on the directors chair for the other films. The last thing we need is two more HEY NUDGE NUDGE WINK WINK retreads.
>>
>>78297680
He at least felt like Empire was true to his character. He's always been open about the fact that Jedi was a mess and he thought Han should've died.
>>
File: Byph[1].jpg~original.jpg (13 KB, 618x434) Image search: [Google]
Byph[1].jpg~original.jpg
13 KB, 618x434
Why are Ithorians so loveable, bros?
>>
>>78297699
>this is the Star Wars movie we've been waiting for for 30 years

More like this is the same Star Wars movie we've had for 30 years already.
>>
>>78297696
>Exactly like Vader did constantly?
He didn't choke people for bad news, just for serious fuckups (or in Motti's case, to prove a point). Kylo's got temper issues, but that's part of his character- he's not as controlled as Vader was, and he's clearly still got some issues to work out that even he admits (both to Vader's helmet and to Han) that he's struggling with.
>>
>>78297696
>Speaking of which, do you think it's possible Finn is latent? It would explain him freaking out around all the death, it would explain his ability to use a lightsaber even though it's never given any indication he can use anything but a blaster.

When he was freaking out at first, i thought the same.

using a light-saber requires reflexes that either force sensitives have or life long mandos.
>>
>>78297696
Mostly for failing him. I don't remember him killing a messenger. Usually he issued orders or went to deal with the bad news instead, didn't he?
>>
>>78297699
I feel the same way. I really don't know that Rian Johnson and Colin Trevorrow can meet, let alone, exceed this film with 8 and 9. I'm a bit worried without JJ to be honest, he was already one of my favorite directors before this film so I had faith in him to begin with.
>>
>>78297699
Are we able to talk about the force awakens yet?
>>
File: Fixed.jpg (81 KB, 640x634) Image search: [Google]
Fixed.jpg
81 KB, 640x634
>>
>>78297752
We're talking a whole lot about it. Not even using spoilers anymore.
>>
>>78297699
It's kind of easy to "get" Star Wars when all you're doing is copying what's already there.
>>
>>78297741

Oh please. Vader chokes people out simply for insulting the force.
>>
>>78297755
>loses to someone who has never used to force before and never picked up a light saber

Fucking kek
>>
>>78297752
We've been talking about it all week
>>
>>78297751
I feel the exact opposite, JJ Abrahms turns everything I love into LENSE FLARE and shit, so I was really worried.

>>78297741
Well of course he's not as controlled as Vader was - Vader had a legit Jedi masters training (we still dunno who big spooky prune face is) and Vader was also basically dead inside at the time since his waifu and everything he had fought for was destroyed.
>>
>>78297637
>1
Bretty good
>2
Episode VII's doesn't fit
>3
Okay I guess, VII's only kinda works
>4
Like it, but V's is so bland, isn't there anything else that would work?
>5
VI is just... yikes.
>6
Fucking why
>>
>>78297796
>Implying she wasn't trained by Luke and had her memory wiped before being sent to Jakku for her protection
>>
>>78297778
I thought that was more to prove that the force was a thing to the non-believer.
>>
>>78297796
He had a chest wound that was pouring blood and it was shown that Rey is just ludicrously powerful in the force, being able to use Jedi level abilities with no idea what she's doing. She's basically Starkiller, IMO
>>
>>78297731
Ithorian babies are qt
>>
>>78297778
He did that once, and like I said, he was just proving a point. He didn't flip out on Motti and wasn't even trying to kill him, just trying to shut him up.
>>
>>78297796
it took 3 people to simply knock ren on his ass
>>
>>78297778
Oh right.
Though I guess he also did it to prove a point? He was also stopped by someone higher ranked then the guy he was choking.

With Kylo, subordinates will just start informing high ranked officers like Hux that Kylo can't choke and let him find out through them.
>>
You know what I'm really excited for Episode VIII? It's gonna have Rey and Finn separated for a while. Not that they weren't great together, they were, but it's going to be two separate things, Rey figuring shit out with Luke but more importantly,

FINN AND POE'S EXCELLENT ADVENTURES
>>
>>78297778
That's just because Vader looks for any reason to correct authority figures trying to lecture him. Or just kill people that Palpatine wants around out of spite. Vader genuinely has no love for the Empire deep down, so by killing the various high ranking officers around him, it's already a subconscious rebellion against Palpatine, the dark side, and the shitty path he chose.
>>
>>78297847
>FINN AND POE'S EXCELLENT ADVENTURES

GOD GAVE ROCK AND ROLL TO YOU
GAVE ROCK AND ROLL TO YOU
>>
http://strawpoll.me/6301960

Reposting this from several threads ago.
>>
>>78297827
>She's basically Starkiller, IMO
Eh I wouldn't go that far. Her being able to use the mind trick out of nowhere was dumb, but that was pretty much the only time when.

Okay, and Force-pulling the lightsaber. But that's far from Starkiller level.
>>
>>78297796
Pretty lame when you think about it, yes. but at the same time, the duel felt well paced and appropriate so I let it slide.
>>
>>78297827
>She's basically Starkiller
Hahahahahaha
>>
File: olepe13ahfwmginwq5ve.png (334 KB, 636x358) Image search: [Google]
olepe13ahfwmginwq5ve.png
334 KB, 636x358
I'm surprised to see that Captain Phasma is just the new Boba Fett.

>Cool armor, got a cape and shit
>Hype over her role in the movie
>Doesn't do anything, easily overtaken and thrown down a garbage chute
>Not even the most threatening Stormtrooper
>>
glib facsimile
>>
>>78297869
When she pulls a Star Destroyer down, we'll talk.
>>
>>78297870
>Pretty lame when you think about it, yes
It's pretty lame if you don't think about it.

If you do think about it, you realize he had a chest wound the size of a fucking slug in his chest and was clearly going through his own mental issues.

It's not like Rey picked up the saber and started beating him either
>>
What trailer got the best reaction at your showing of the force awakens?

People seemed to really respond positively to the zoo topiary sloth trailer at my showing.
>>
>>78297867
>no vote for Sarco Plank
Excuse me, but Sarco Plank was one of the most important characters in the movie, and his character arc was one of the most profound and emotional. You could even say he was the key to The Force Awakens, and I think you're out of line for not including him in this poll.
>>
>>78297796
>Just fought some other shmuck
>Had giant hole in his gut, just killed his fatherjust killed his father and was more focused on awkwardly turning someone to the darkside.
>She was already trained in melee combat and took out 2 guys by herself before she was force sensitive.
>>
>>78297917
EASILY the pet one
>>
>>78297888
I wasn't, seemed pretty obvious she wasn't going to be in it much and existed just to look cool and sell toys.
>>
>>78297917
Civil War but yeah, Zootopia got laughs out of everyone. Even my friend and he's not even into Disney movies
>>
>>78297918
That's not how you spell Unkar
>>
>>78297847
Fuck yeah. That sounds awesome.

Also
>Hey Chewie, you want to see Luke too while you're here?
>ROOOAAAARRR!
>Ah. Some time later, I guess.
>>
>>78297897
Keep that trash in /tv/

>>78297917
Everyone in the damn theater laughed stupidly loud at the Zootopia one and the Kung-fu Panda 3 one.
>>
Honestly curious what J.J. was thinking with Rey. Luke trained with Obi-Wan and YODA and still struggled to lift rocks and didn't pull off the mind trick until Jedi.

Rey shouldn't even know about the Jedi mind trick and pulls it off without even knowing she's force sensitive. Then she manages to pull off a stronger force pull on the lightsaber than Kylo and then beat him in a lightsaber duel.

There's literally no explanation they could give for why she's so proficient immediately. Even Anakin who was the byproduct of the force shooting its midichlorian juice into Schmi, required training.
>>
>>78297796
Luke got all the force powers. Of course Leia's kid is weak in it.
>>
>>78297888
They advertised her as this movie's Boba. They say she's gonna have a larger role in VIII
>>
>>78297917
Zootopia, without a doubt. I didn't notice any reaction to the other trailers, but that one got laughs from everyone.
>>
>>78297917
I only remember 2 trailers and they were both trash that no one wanted, Angry Birds movie and yet another YA book adaptation about aliens invading or some shit that looked embarrassing.
>>
>>78297917
Our theatre didn't show any trailers, just went straight to the movie.
>>
>>78297917
Nothing really my audience was quiet through out the movie
>>
>>78297847
But the real question is will distance make the heart grow fonder or will poe steal finn right from under rey?
>>
>>78297918
>>78297940
>leaving out based Zuvio
Constable Zuvio stole the show, fuck everyone else he needs his own spinoff movie
>>
>>78297951
>Then she manages to pull off a stronger force pull on the lightsaber than Kylo and then beat him in a lightsaber duel.
Him beating her had nothing to do with her being stronger then him in the force. The saber just refused to move for Kylo, it did not move once when he tried to pull it. Also she beat him because the dude had a hole in his chest and Finn messed him up a bit more too.
>>
>>78297917

They whooped and hollered and clapped for every trailer Kung Fu Panda, Jungle Book, that Laika studios one and the Fifth Wave. And then when the Finest Hour trailer showed, which was legitimately the best trailer and the only movie that actually looked good, it was dead silent and one person gave it a pity clap and then the theater laughed.
>>
>>78297978
Fuck you, I had to sit through 20 minutes of garbage before I saw the movie a second time.
>>
>No Han being an adoptive father to Rey, teaching her the ins and out of the Falcon.
fuck
>>
>>78297917
The sloth trailer had everyone laughing. I don't remember any of the other trailers getting much of a reaction, but I did hear one guy in the row in front of me go "but they just told us the entire story" at the Miracles from Heaven trailer
>>
>>78298008
>Finest Hours
>looks good
>>
>>78297917
My theater was mostly college aged male nerds who were too hip and ironic to enjoy anything. There were a lot of smug laughs after the BvS trailer, I turned to my friend sitting next to me and said "They're all gonna see it anyway."

The Jungle Book trailer seemed to go over the best, oddly enough,
>>
>>78298029
>but I did hear one guy in the row in front of me go "but they just told us the entire story" at the Miracles from Heaven trailer
He's right. I don't even pay attention to the various religious movies that have been coming out, but they trailer tells you the entire story, including the ending. It's baffling that someone thought this was a good idea.
>>
>>78298013
I'm sorry anon.
>>
Ray is basically force Jesus, I guess.
>>
>>78298017
Chewie can still take this role.

>>78297917
I only got Civil War, some shitty slav comedies and a Belgian comedy where some dude was apparently god and some lady slept with a gorilla. CW was the only one to get some sort of reaction, mostly from kids.
>>
>>78298065

Jungle book had a whistle refrain of Bear Necessities at the end.

Of COURSE it went over well.
>>
>>78298007
Why would Kylo give up on trying to pull the light saber after one failed attempt. And still she was able to mind trick the guard right away
>>
>>78298029
>>78298069
>everyone getting Jungle Book and Kung Fu Panda and Laika trailers
>get Miracles from Heaven and Gods of Egypt
Fuck
>>
Kylo Ren was Anakin Skywalker done right
>>
>>78297796
Ren had been shot, and not just with a blaster, they made a point of showing multiple times that Chewie's bowcaster packed more destructive power than your average blaster. At one point it blew a stormtrooper's armor to bits. Ren was basically hobbled after having a big ass hole blown in him and he still managed to hold his own against Rey, after defeating Finn no less, both of whom were in perfect physical condition and in Rey's case was already excellent at CQC before she got force powers and a lightsaber.

And that's not even taking into account how focus plays a role in force user duels, Rey was on the 'trust in the force' hike and was completely focused on Ren after what happened with Solo and Finn. Ren on the other hand had just killed his dad and was taking it pretty fucking badly, and had just fought and defeated Finn who had (because of his extensive injuries) scored a decent hit on his one remaining good arm/shoulder.

Of course the poor bastard lost the fight, he needed a fucking sit down and a nice warm glass of milk from papa Snoke before he was ready to deal with those bullies. Poor guy had a fucking rough day.
>>
>>78298180
He's certainly not annoying and insufferable, that's for sure.
>>
>>78298180
I agree with your assertion
>>
>>78297917
The Zootopia sloth trailer by far. Everyone was cracking up. Even the coolio high school basketball dudes in front of me were losing it.

Jungle Book and Civil War got some oohs and aahs, and I think there was another trailer that I don't remember, so it was probably mediocre.
>>
>>78298180
Yeah, Adam Driver's performance is exactly what George Lucas seemed to have been trying to pull off but couldn't quite reach because of writing and the actor he cast. He really nailed it.
>>
>>78298180
He's done better than Anakin, but I wouldn't call him "Anakin done right" since they're very different characters.
>>
>>78298180
>can't beat a girl who's never fought a fight
>can't beat an ex storm troopers who's job was being a janitor

Kek.
>>
>>78298138
>Why would Kylo give up on trying to pull the light saber after one failed attempt.
He didn't you see him try it more then once and it refuses to move.
>>
>>78298069

Speaking of that they showed the Batman vs. Superman trailer.

Holy shit does that movie look terrible. They literally called the movie Batman VERSUS Superman and then spoil in the trailer that they get over their problem and team up to take on the real bad guy. AND SPOILED WHO THE REAL BAD GUY WAS.
>>
Is it more or are a lot of the aliens in this movie lumpy orange frog people?
>>
Rey was a boring non-character, she would literaly be a Mary Sue if this was fanfiction

Finn and Poe were highlights of the movie. Their bromance was by far the most endearing part of the movie, and Finn's character growth was really compelling to watch.

Kylo was great until he had extended temper tantrums. I don't mind the occasional destroyed piece of equipment or whatever, but slashing at a wall for almost a minute really took a lot of the threat out of him for me.

Han was good, but his quips didn't feel like Han. I was glad when he diedBecause that means Poe and Finn have more chance to shine.

The plot was a fucking garbage super lazy rehash of A New Hope. Only the names and places were changed.

The destruction of The Republic was stupid. No emotional impact of buildup, no actual importance other than "Rebel V Empire" status quo. it was genocide porn, short and simple, and it really fucking draggged the movie down for me.

7/10 still better than AOTC.
>>
>>78298319
>They literally called the movie Batman VERSUS Superman and then spoil in the trailer that they get over their problem and team up to take on the real bad guy. AND SPOILED WHO THE REAL BAD GUY WAS.
To be fair, that was kind of expected. But yeah, the movie looks awful.
>>
>>78298333
>The destruction of The Republic was stupid. No emotional impact of buildup, no actual importance other than "Rebel V Empire" status quo. it was genocide porn, short and simple, and it really fucking draggged the movie down for me.

The Resistance doesn't even fucking react. Like five minutes later they're literally joking about lol another Death Star.
>>
>>78298319
>>78298342
Keep it in your own goddamn threads don't bring that shit here.
>>
>>78298357
Yeah it's pretty obvious to me the film was rushing at this point.
>>
Anyone play Galaxy of Heroes? They were giving out a free Phasma.
>>
>>78298357
It literally had a "AND THIS IS SO MUCH BIGGER AND BADDER THAN THE DEATH STAR CAUSE WE RAISED THE STAKES AREN'T YOU HYPE RIGHT NOW SCENE"

I was groaning so fucking hard.
>>
>>78298180
One of the highlights of the movie. His elongated face just added to the weirdness.
>>
>>78298274
My mistake I read that as he tried to pull it but failed and stopped
>>
>>78298397
I changed my mind. THAT was the movie's biggest fault.
>>
>>78297957
Leia got them too, but unlike the EU, it doesn't look like she trained them in the movie canon
>>
File: death star 3.png (14 KB, 693x259) Image search: [Google]
death star 3.png
14 KB, 693x259
>>78298357
Everything about the Starkiller weapon was stupid
>>
>>78298397
Yeah that was pretty cringe.

Parts of the movie weren't assembled well, it's a definite 7/10 held up by good actions scenes and some stand out acting. The plot is pretty dildo's.
>>
>>78297591
That's racist.
>>
>>78298397
>General Hux, the Death Star failed in both of its prior forms. Wouldn't it make sense to build a larger fleet?
>Then we shall make an entire plane into a superweapon! And we shall destroy all who stand in our way! And the only ones who will know our base's secrets will be the Janitors!
>.... fucking Gingers
>>
>>78298180
His acting is certainly better.

Ren is going for a different thing than Anakin though
>>
>>78297951
She is a Skywalker and learned how to use the force when Luke trained her in his academy. Rey's mind got wiped and Kylo left her on Jakku to die without him getting his hands dirty. She didn't learn to use the force in this movie, the force just awakened in her again.

Maybe I'm wrong, but this would be a good explanation for her being so strong already.
>>
>>78298477
Honestly I prefer it that way. Following the Jedi way is Luke's thing, I always thought it was unnecessary for Leia to train as a Jedi. Maybe just hone some of her Force connection, but not pick up a lightsaber and start flipping around and Force-pushing things.

I like that they kept her as a military leader who maintains a connection to the Force but isn't trying to follow in her brother's footsteps.
>>
>>78298390
>They were giving out a free Phasma.
bullshit. I got Poe and FO trooper.

I like the FO trooper though. dat counter attack ability, yo.
>>
I feel like TFA was like an opposite prequel. All the acting was way better than the characters given.
>>
>>78298527
It's either that or he really wants to bury his lightsaber in her force conduit. I kinda pinged him for the obsessed autist who wants his Waifu to love him.
>>
>>78298527
It would be an explanation. It wouldn't be a good one. That said, no matter what explanation they offer it's still a lazy way of offering Jedi Stuff in The New Star Wars Movie. It's still cheap and unearned. The damage is done. It won't make TFA a better movie, though the sequels might provide a better overall story.
>>
>>78298180
Yes and Driver is one of the best actors Star Wars ever had. Completely stole the movie for me.
>>
>>78298533
The Force connection thing shows when she senses Han's death.
>>
>>78298538

I've had the FO Trooper for a while now. But I signed in yesterday and it was like here's your free Phasma. My friend got Poe too though so maybe it varied. Phasma is pretty good support. Now I have three First Order characters too and they all get buffs together.
>>
>>78298549
>YFW Ben fell to the darkside because he wanted to pork his half sister but couldn't
>>
>>78298486
Hux going to consult Snoke about what to do was pretty stupid, yeah. I know they had to set up the next one, but Hux could've been talking to him on his ship while he was evacuating.

"Where is Kylo?"
"We have him onboard sir, we're treating his wounds"
"Bring him to me, I'll complete his training"

And there, that's it. Instead the guy goes all the way to the big audience chamber to talk to the giant hologram while the place is falling apart and seriously asks him what he should do. What kind of idiot does that?
>>
>>78298533
>yfw she trains in it and she gets battle mediation to turn the tide of battles
>>
>>78298566

It didn't really bother me because abandoning such a vital and expensive part of the First Order isn't an easy decision to make.
>>
>>78298533
Same. I loved that Leia didn't become a Jedi but at least trained a bit in understanding the force.
>>
>>78298570
I hope she's not in the next movie, with Han dead there's no reason for that dried out coke head to appear and ruin the film with her lack of acting.
>>
>>78297309

STAR WARS ON MY /CO/

Ah fuck off with this anime crap, star wars is fucking everywhereeee
>>
>>78298618
Besides, Hux is clearly a yes man weenie with the way he sucks SUPREME LEADER's dick.
>>
>>78298618
It's blowing up. It's fucked.
>>
What are the odds of old Lando showing up?
>>
>>78298533
>>78298650

I think it's pretty stupid desu. She's literally intentionally gimping herself, the resistance and the future of the Jedi because???

Oh and look how it turned out. She has a son and because she never bothered with the force she sends her son away and he resents her for it and ends up trying to be like his grandfather.

GOOD JOB LEIA
>>
>>78298564
I've used Phasma a few times as an ally character, and have to agree. Her and my genosian soldier helps with bonus attacks, and the Troopers counter attacks all lead to some quick build up in damage.
>>
>>78298697
SW has been on "your" /co/ for months you mong
>>
>>78298678
Well she is Poe's boss.
>>
>>78298707
Billy D Williams will do just about fucking anything for money so if they offer...

>>78298710
Leia was always too headstrong and stubborn. Her learning too much force would be a recipe for disaster. She probably recognized this
>>
>>78298718

Oh no wonder it smells like BO here
>>
So what do you think the TWEEEST on the Rey/Finn romance will be? obviously with them pushing it so fucking hard, something has to make it not happen in the next movie or two. They can't pull the 'secretly related' thing this time either, cause...well, you know.
>>
>>78298697
>>
>>78298618
It is when it's literally the only thing you can do. The place was blowing apart, what did Hux think Snoke was going to do, tell him "oh go find the explosion-prevention override switch in corridor 2, that'll fix everything"
>>
>>78298761
I honestly thought that scene was going to end with Snoke saying "You have failed me... Perish for your trespass" or some shit and leave him to die.

Snoke so far seems pretty fucking reasonable for an evil overlord. Even when his minions are being shit, he doesn't berate them too badly.
>>
>>78298716

What's your teams right now?

My hero team is

Chewie Lead
Jedi Consular
Jawa
Ewok
Stormtrooper Han

Just got Ahsoka today though so I'm gonna try to replace Ewok or Jawa probably.

Dark Side is
Sidious Lead
Cad Bane
Phasma
Asajj
Talia

Training up my First Order Trooper and First Order TIE Pilot right now so I can use them with Phasma.

Sheev is fucking amazing. Just had a battle where everyone else died on 3/3 but him and he was against three Jedi. He dodged or reflected nearly everything they tried to do and gained health back every time he hit them and solo'd the wave.
>>
>>78298080
Rey was definitely a Mary Sue in this movie.
>>
>>78298397
i really wish that the hole on the planet was thruster of some sort and the planet was one gigantic mobile base
>>
>>78298749
They are not pushing it at all. They were more like friends than lovers.
>>
>>78298718

Try years. It's just worse at the moment due to all the movie stuff.
>>
If the Death Planet consumes a sun every time it fires.... how did they charge it twice? Did that planet have two suns?

How could they ever fire it again? How many suns could possibly be close by?
>>
File: owen-beru.jpg (88 KB, 900x766) Image search: [Google]
owen-beru.jpg
88 KB, 900x766
How did they age so badly in only 19 years?
>>
>>78298854
They live in a fucking dehydrated desert surrounded by angry tuskens and fat slug mafioso's
>>
>>78298852
Doesn't the map confirm they've moved it from one system to another?

I honestly think destroying suns to fire a laser beam was bit of an overkill. Destroying stars in inhabited systems alone would be scary enough.
>>
>>78298854
Marriage will do that to you.

My Grandma and Granddad died at 43.
>>
>>78298854
Some space disease
>>
>>78298390
I got a free Phasma and Resistance Trooper. Trying to grind for Poe and Rey now. Kinda want Ren, but I don't have enough for another crystal pull.

>>78298816
Light Side:
Chewie
Consolar
Jawa
Eeath Koth (newest addition)

Dark side:
Talia
Ventress
IG-88
IG-86
Snowtrooper.

Five shards away from Dooku and about ten away from Snips. Still on the fence as to who to go for next.
>>
File: Clone_trooper.jpg (37 KB, 500x311) Image search: [Google]
Clone_trooper.jpg
37 KB, 500x311
Clone Trooper > First Order Stormtrooper > Empire Stormtrooper

This cannot be denied
>>
>>78298854
They live on Fucking Tatooine.
>>
>>78298881
You have to wonder how they escaped notice when their operation involves sucking up suns. I can see the Death Stars escaping detection because they're moon-sized, but if suns start disappearing someone is going to notice.

Though I'm assuming the Hosnian massacre is the first time it was ever actually used.
>>
>>78298716
>>78298390
I may not be playing this game right
What's the fastest way to get new characters?
>>
>>78298922

I didn't even notice Rey was available.

Another weird thing, is there no lightsaber Luke?..

I know there's ANH rifle Luke but there's no Jedi Luke at all...
>>
>>78298971
Opening your wallet.
>>
>>78298933
FO troopers are clearly just bad marksmen, they should've given them all riot gear to make them truly effective.
>>
>>78298933
I'm kind of meh on the FO Stormtroopers

Unless you're referring to their skill/competency level, in which case yeah, that sounds about right given what we know about their training and recruitment (or lack of in the case of clones and the FOS)
>>
>>78298363
See
>>78297917
>>
>>78298971

I've gotten really lucky with draws. And after a couple days you can usually afford to buy a character from the Squad Arena Shipment and Squad Cantina Shipment. Ahsoka for example was only 25 crystals and each Squad Cantina shipment of her got you 5. So I got her real quick.
>>
>>78298985
Her drop points are Light 2-A and Dark 5-D. And Lightsaber Luke only shows up as a boss for now.
>>
>>78298995
>FO troopers are clearly just bad marksmen
So just like the other two
>>
>>78298933

Of course

The Clone Army actually won a war and slaughtered the Jedi.
>>
Apparently it was Ewan McGregor who shouted "Rey" during the flashback sequence on Takodana.
>>
>>78297917
Pretty much all of the trailers got some sort of reaction but the biggest ones were Kung Fu Panda and BvS. When Wonder Woman actually appeared during BvS, people actually started to clap.
>>
>>78299097
https://twitter.com/jatactor/status/678299784621350912
>>
File: hondo.jpg (44 KB, 630x473) Image search: [Google]
hondo.jpg
44 KB, 630x473
Imagine what your favorite Star Wars character is like drunk. Mine is pic related, so I don't have to imagine.
>>
>>78298816
>>78298985

Hero team is
Ahsoka lead
Jedi consular
Poe
Chewie
Clone Sergeant

Dark side is
Talia lead
FO trooper
Royal guard
Geonosian Soldier
and Snow trooper.

To be fair, i just started playing less than a week ago, so i'm still working on building my roster.

And yeah, Rey became avaliable same day as Finn and Kylo.

You get her shards on 2-A hard light side or the data packs, but you need 80 shards.

Not sure about luke. I mean you can fight him in his cloud city outfit with his lightsaber, and he's called Rebel Luke Skywalker, so it looks like he's only an enemy for now
>>
>>78299158

Drunk Ahsoka would be pretty damn adorkable.
>>
File: Stupid Boy.jpg (43 KB, 300x305) Image search: [Google]
Stupid Boy.jpg
43 KB, 300x305
>>78297917
We got the Dad's Army remake

It looks alright.
>>
Forgot our theater got Independence Day 2.

Holy shit that looked bad.
>>
>>78299185
>>78298922
>>78298816
What are your ally codes?
>>
>>78299158
>Trench

probably jusy screaming about his military achievements
>>
>>78299185
>>78298922
>>78298816
Is the game any good? Picked up a tablet recently and looking for something to do on it
>>
>>78299274

Oh yeah forgot that was a thing.

754-479-836
>>
So according to the guidebook, Phasma's armor is made out of parts of Sheev's old spaceship from his Naboo days. Do you think it's meant to signify anything? Separatist heritage maybe?
>>
>>78299257
Only things I got were Fifth Wave, Gods of Egypt, Zootopia, and Civil War.

>>78299185
Yeah, the 17th saw them add Finn, Kylo, Rey, Poe, and Phasma.

>>78299274
566-417-183
>>
File: Screenshot_2015-12-19-18-01-13.png (633 KB, 854x480) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2015-12-19-18-01-13.png
633 KB, 854x480
Hey guys, this game is actually pretty good, and it just got updated qith the characters of TFW, anyone else playing it?
>>
>>78299097
>>78299115
So Obi-wan force ghost trying to connect with Rey?
>>
I thought that Kylo Ren was kind of qt in a weird way.
>>
>>78299304

It's addicting as shit and it doesn't feel like the microtransactions bend you over TOO hard. I've got a decent amount of characters and always feel like I'm making progress. And there's a bunch of different arenas that all go off their own energy so it feels like there's never a point where I can't battle when I want to and energy stacks over max as well. And every character has like three unique skills. There are time you can just auto-battle through but there's been a lot of times where I needed to manually map out the battles myself and put some strategy into it.

Galaxy of Heroes >>> Uprising >>>>>>>>>> Commander
>>
>>78299375
>playing mobile games in Spanish
Why
It's even worse than Spanish in console games. Translators don't give two shits about what things are supposed to mean
>>
>>78299322
A diehard devotion to Palpatine that likely runs in her family. The First Order, aside from brainwashed Stormtroopers, is made up of fanatical zealots who thought the post-Endor Empire was full of retarded Moffs and Governors not worth following because it devolved into petty squabling over scraps, so the soldiers followed their military leaders, and what's implied to be Snoke, off to hide and rebuild.
>>
>>78299322
>"dies" in an embarassing way

She's Trench's adopted daughter or granddaughter, it's obvious.
>>
My trailers (IMAX 3D) were all nerd-shit:

>Star Trek
>Warcraft
>Independence Day 2
>BvS
>Civil War
>X-Men Apocalypse
>Jungle Book (the only non-nerd trailer)

I feel like there was one more, but I forgot. No Zootopia.

None of them got huge reactions, since they've mostly been out for a while. But it was clear that everyone in the theater had OPINIONS about BvS, especially once Wonder Woman showed up, because the chatter went up a lot at that point.

For me, though? Warcraft got me fucking hype. I hadn't seen that trailer yet, and it looks great. Even if it's not a good movie, the aesthetic is perfect.
>>
>>78299375
We've got a couple apparently.
>>
>>78299506
>Independence Day 2
What the fuck
>>
>>78299296
More likely he would 'die' of alcohol poisoning then show up for a meeting the next day.
>>
>>78299274
185-388-392
>>
>>78299576
It's pretty much X-COM the movie
>>
Here's the real question.

Who's spent money on Galaxy of Heroes? I've been so tempted.
>>
>>78297637
Question. What format are the later Soundtracks going to be in?

Because FLAC rips would be great.
>>
>>78299728
Haven't and don't intend to. Cause i'm broke as fuck
>>
File: Malani.gif (1009 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
Malani.gif
1009 KB, 320x240
Am I alone in wanting to see an Ewok in Rebels?

If TCW could help fix the Gungans (though to be fair there wasn't anything wrong with them save Jar Jar) then I don't see why Filoni can't redeem the little buggers somehow.
>>
>>78299792
>fix the ewoks
>fix what isn't broken
>fix what is perfect
Get out of here, anon.
>>
>>78299792

Doubt it will happen because nobody even knew the Ewoks existed until Jedi.

Plus what would they even do? The Ewoks were fine.
>>
>>78299792
I'd prefer some Jawas instead.
>>
>>78299792
I'm not sure I want to see members of the rebellion meeting ewoks before episode 6. I do want to see Mara Jade as Second Sister though.
>>
>>78299811
Well, I do like them, but I mean fix them for the unenlightened.

>>78299825
I dunno, smuggle one on a ship? It's a big galaxy.
>>
>>78299792
THEY EAT

PEOPL-AAAAAAAA

AHHHHHH-
>>
>yfw Syrio was in the cantina
>>
>>78299903
What, don't you want to eat Sabine?
>>
Anyone else kinda disappointed with the new aliens?

Not because their designs are bad or anything but because it felt like J.J. didn't even WANT us to see them. The pacing for the entire movie was too fast but man it seemed like the camera just did NOT want to look at any background characters. It moved through Maz's cantina like a fucking bullet.
>>
>>78299925
I'm not a Hutt
>>
I just finished Heir to the Jedi, which ones do you recommend to read next /co/:

Twilight Company
Moving Target
Smuggler's Run
Before the Awakening
Dark Disciple
>>
File: 1410441047547.jpg (26 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
1410441047547.jpg
26 KB, 300x300
>>78299925
>mfw she dyes the carpet to match the drapes
>>
>>78299981
Like eating Tutti Fruitti
>>
>>78299971
Read all of them in the order you posted.
>>
>>78299937
It felt as if there were only two kinds of them, nondescript rodent-ish creature and nondescript ugly wrinkly dude, with maybe 3 or 4 exceptions. Nothing quite as remarkable as Rosidans, Mon Calamari, Jawas, let alone many of the Clone Wars races, like whatever the fuck Trench was.
>>
https://twitter.com/jatactor/status/678299784621350912

Ayyy
>>
Just got back from seeing it a second time. Was able to appreciate it more since this screening must have been full with people that are seeing it again. No loud obnoxious clapping that lasts so long that it inturrupts the next lines, but people still laughing at the fun moments.

Bretty good
>>
>>78300029
oh fug
>>
>>78299792
Ewoks are fucking scary natives that crush people's skulls with rocks.

They don't need fixing, they need to be shown in their glory.
>>
>>78299924
So he's alive.
>>
>>78300020

Yeah I don't know if it's because they're new and I'm not used to them but everything in the PT felt like Star Wars.

Despite the practical effects none of the background characters in TFA felt like Star Wars. It's kinda peculiar. Dunno if George was behind creature design but maybe that was it?

The stand out aliens in TFA were Nien Nunb and Akbar so...
>>
File: gc6.jpg (359 KB, 1280x1768) Image search: [Google]
gc6.jpg
359 KB, 1280x1768
>tfw no tall space facist waifu to gently dominate you
>>
>>78300020
There was a weird trend towards orange toad/lizard-looking aliens, too. There were a few designs that were alright but none that really stand out, and there wasn't a lot of diversity in the designs. The whole "wow look at this bar full of weird aliens" thing doesn't work as well when very few of them stand out.
>>
>>78300139
I'd slide into her garbage chute, if you know what I mean
>>
>>78300139

She looks like such an ape.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 110

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.