[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Has there ever been a good Iron Man comic? What is it about him
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 6
File: The_Origin_of_Iron_Man_Episode.jpg (14 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
The_Origin_of_Iron_Man_Episode.jpg
14 KB, 320x240
Has there ever been a good Iron Man comic? What is it about him that's so fundamentally flawed?
>>
Fucking chest emblem triggering me.
>>
I'm just going to leave this here.
>>
>>78294645
what about busiek years in heroes return, is good or too much self-monologue?
>>
>>78294645
I haven't read many Iron Man specific stories, but Hypervelocity was pretty neat if you can stand Adam Warren's obnoxious use of fake slang.
>>
File: 1223450285756.jpg (82 KB, 892x870) Image search: [Google]
1223450285756.jpg
82 KB, 892x870
>>78294679
>>
>>78294645
Superior Iron Man

Armor Wars was a favorite thing of mine.
>>
File: 10.jpg (500 KB, 1059x1500) Image search: [Google]
10.jpg
500 KB, 1059x1500
I don't give a fuck, Tales of Suspense Iron Man was good if you ignore Stan's utter lack of understanding technology.TRANSISTORS
>>
>>78295137
Yeah it was fun.
>>
extremis, armor wars, civil war, superior was fun too,
>>
Most capes are shit, especially Marvel ones, because they rely too much on other characters/franchises crossing into their stories.

Iron Man is one of the many capes with only 2 stories: origin and notable character trait.
>>
>>78294645
Maybe it's the premise and how it appeals to young kids? With freak accidents, anybody could be the superhero. The science behind it is bullshit, but you're a kid and don't understand it so it's okay. But with Iron Man, you KNOW you could make something similar if you dedicate your life to it, and is a constant reminder that that could be you if you stopped being a lazy piece of shit.

While there have been good Iron Man comics, people generally avoid them because they're a constant reminder that you could be bettering yourself right now. And yes, I am talking out of my ass.
>>
>>78296346
>generic buzzwords
>>
File: johnny walker ironman.jpg (44 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
johnny walker ironman.jpg
44 KB, 320x240
>>78294645
>>
Go read Hypervelocity right now.
>>
>>78294679
>>
>>78294645
If you haven't read Superior Iron Man you're legitimately missing out on some great things.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.