[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is the dumbest or most annoying crap you've heard related
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 89
Thread images: 9
File: costanza2.jpg (117 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
costanza2.jpg
117 KB, 800x800
What is the dumbest or most annoying crap you've heard related to this?

Mine was after Watchmen came out

>"That blue guy could kick Supermans ass!"
>>
>>78293570
But he could.
>>
Anything along the lines of "Batman and Superman are opposites and you need to pick sides between the two of them"

Fuuuuuuuck that shit
>>
>>78293570
If you're saying Dr. Manhattan cannot obliterate Superman in a second, I hope you realize how wrong you are.
>>
>>78293570

Guaranteed replies, well played.
>>
> Why did they whitewash Green Lantern?
>>
That batman was trained by the league of assassins
>>
File: feminist2.jpg (7 KB, 270x192) Image search: [Google]
feminist2.jpg
7 KB, 270x192
>Batman should use his money for jobs programs and homeless shelters instead of Batmobiles.
>>
>DC is so boring and edgy

The only DC I've ever read is that all star section 8 story time someone threw up recently, I'm an absolute marvel fanboy and even I know that shit is fucking retarded. Company wars are dumb and casuals who know nothing about either company and then try to participate in company wars are even dumber.
>>
>>78295359
Hey remember when Nolan bats was so incompetent he decided to stop keeping an eye on Wayne Enterprises and all his charities went to hell?
>>
>>78295497
That was a bad use of pronouns so I'm gonna clarify before someone spergs out, "that shit" I was referring to was DC being boring and edgy.
>>
>>78295359
God thats so annonying.
>why wont Batman use his money to better communities and shit

Its almost like he does but being realistic ut doesnt always work. Plus almost all of Batman's villans are/were pretty well off before they turned. And not even the best schools or reform programs will stop henchmen from veing henchmen.
>>
>>78295221
Not even allen can, and he is manhattan 2.0
>>
>>78295699
Batman incorporated kind of did it.
Helping gotham like bats and like a company
>>
>>78295699
but batman DOES do all that shit
but donating to charity does not an exciting comic make
>>
>>78295315
Haha I've heard this one before and vise versa
>>
>>78293570
Capeshit not having a containment board
>>
>>78295808
>>78295791
I know he does, but being realistic its not gonna work for everyone. And even the most well off ppl cant become evil.
>>
File: Giddy up.jpg (14 KB, 254x257) Image search: [Google]
Giddy up.jpg
14 KB, 254x257
>gf at the time is a big "MCU fanatic", so I take her to see Age of Ultron when it comes out
>She loved it
>I didn't like it at all, but I'm containing my autism
>We're talking to some friends after the movie
>She insists that she's the Marvel expert, and that Bucky is the current Captain America
>Auitism can't be contained
>Gently add that Bucky was Captain America, but now the Falcon has taken on the role
>She looks me dead in the eye
>"No, anon, you're wrong."

We broke up a few weeks later.
>>
>>78293570

It's really annoying because Manhattan isn't nearly as powerful as people make him out to be. He wasn't even able to stop all the soviet missles.
>>
>Iron Man is one Marvel's most interesting characters
>>
>>78295359
>Implying that's not what a sane person would do.
>>
>>78296174
Arguable. He might've just been lying so the US wouldn't push its luck and rely on him anymore than it already was.
>>
>>78296217

He does do that though. Unfortunately Gotham has a bunch of super powered freaks running around that need their teeth kicked in now and again
>>
I was talking with a guy at work about the Batman v Superman trailer (the ComicCon one, not the latest one released) and he said "Mr. Freeze looks way more badass than he did in that other movie."

I had no fucking idea what he was talking about for a good thirty seconds until I realized that he thought Batman's anti-Superman armor was Mr. Freeze.
>>
>>78296134
and you were right to do so
>>
>>78296283
Fucking how do you think that?
>>
>>78296134

Someone who insist on being an expert in something they don't know shit about, and isn't willing to take the time to learn otherwise, is a shit person, regardless of topic.
>>
>Cap's shield is made of vibranium
>Uncle Ben was shot in the street
>Cap and Bucky were best friends growing up
>Spider-Man was a wrestler
>Bucky killed Hitler
>>
>>78293570
Dr. Manhattan is literally CAPTAIN ATOM with a different name.

And Captain Atom is canonically able to defeat Superman but he is too busy blowing up for obvious plot convenience
>>
>>78296590
>Cap and Bucky were best friends growing up
Then you read Secret Wars: Planet Hulk and you just wait for them to kiss or something.
>>
File: 1308775863029.jpg (60 KB, 397x464) Image search: [Google]
1308775863029.jpg
60 KB, 397x464
while waiting for my friends at the theater, over the murmur of people in the area a girl passing right next to me suddenly blurts out "Who's Quicksilver? Is he the one with the surfboard?"
But when I looked up from my phone I saw she was alone, I looked around for who she was talking to but saw no one, and when I looked back she was gone too.
It was such a weirdly stereotypical "thing's-casuals-say" I'm still convinced that girl was an npc given one line of dialog just to bother me.
>>
>>78296756
That's not 616 Bucky and Cap
>>
>>78296590
>Cap's shield is made of vibranium

It's not?
I learned that with one ASM comic where he's fighting the U-foes, his shield could hurt the energy guy because "vibranium, son, it sucks energy like a sponge"
>>
>>78295808

Snyders run started with Bruce renovating the city and everytime something screwed it over and stopped progress.
>>
>>78295359
>>Batman should use his money for jobs programs and homeless shelters instead of Batmobiles.
He does. Both.
>>
>>78295699
Is The Killing Joke's Joker back story canon?
>>
>>78297055
Tell that to STUCKYYYY XDDDD morons.
>>
>>78297594
I think it's been made canon, but then, the guy quit his job to be a stand-up comedian.

Nobody's fault but his own.
>>
>>78296992
No, she just reloaded her quicksave.
>>
>>78296590
>>78297350
>>Cap's shield is made of vibranium

Technically it's a steel-vibranium alloy, but that's just getting pedantic.
>>
>>78293570
C-can't he..? I don't know anything about Watchmen, but I do remember Dr. Manhattan being able to blow people up with just his mind. Is Superman's TK able to stop that?
>>
>things I haven't actually heard anyone say but I'm gonna assume somebody's said it so I can be mad at all these filthy casuals
>>
>>78296174
That's more to do with perception rather than his physical power. Superman couldn't stop more than a handful.
>>
>>78299771
>casuals don't say casual things

Are you a casual yourself or do you just not talk to other people?
>>
>>78299882
He always finds a way
>>
>>78300593
Yeah remember when he threw them into the sun in 1987 and then aliens invaded in 1996 aliens invaded and we really could have used those missiles but nooooo, no missiles for us, and where was Superman? Off in space dicking around after he knocked up Lois.

Yeah, he always finds a way to not be there for us. Like every time someone is raped in the world, he "finds a way" to not stop that even though he can hear it perfectly because that is what he gets off to.
>>
>>78293570
But given his scale of reality manipulation he probably could, especially given we never got to see the full extent of his power
>inb4 he couldn't even stop all the nukes
He most likely could have. The point of that was to show how paranoid America was. Even with a god on their side they couldn't sleep comfortably while the Soviets existed
>>
I had a chick argue with me that Spider-Man NEVER had webshooters, and that they've always been organic in the comics.
>>
>>78301498

I'm one of those people that prefers the organic webshooters, but that's fucking dumb.
>>
>>78301555
I prefer them for Miguel, though I don't enjoy the tumor-lumps.
>>
File: 1423247014982.png (52 KB, 346x360) Image search: [Google]
1423247014982.png
52 KB, 346x360
>in local, Ireland
>a group of normie teenagers milling around inside
>"I don't like Captain America, he's so jingoistic and pro-America all the time" "yeah yeah its so *ugh*, you know?"
>Guy on the till can barely speak in bafflement at their ignorance and cites Civil War and so on until they leave
I would have liked to back him up further but I'm not really a Marvel guy myself so we just shared eye-rolls, but jeez even with the MCU existing, some people assume Cap still shills war bonds.
>>
>>78302229
>implying Cap doesn't shill Liberty Bonds
>>
>>78301498
shit like this is why ducks are superior
>>
>>78302610
Duckfags get out. Turkeys should've been the national bird desu
>>
>>78296134
>weeks
took you too long
>>
>>78298152
It being that alloy is a key part of its existence. The only reason the shield is indestructible, special, and has never been replicated instead of being just another hunk of rock that any chucklefuck from Wakanda could get their hands on is because of that unknown catalyst.
>>
File: MCUfags.jpg (50 KB, 537x550) Image search: [Google]
MCUfags.jpg
50 KB, 537x550
>>
>>78294475
>>78295221
Um, no.

Monarch was 52 Captain Atoms combined and Superman raped his shit.
>>
>>78303681
I will never understand these kind of people.
>>
File: 1421084037006.png (165 KB, 303x311) Image search: [Google]
1421084037006.png
165 KB, 303x311
>>78301093
>t rectally ravaged Watchmen fan
>>
>>78296669
>Captain Atom is canonically able to defeat Superman
Source?
>>
>>78303725
>in the mcu universe...
>-sexy men
>-sexy men
>-sexy men
>-sexy women
>-i only think with my clit
>>
>>78301400
>>this is when like Jane Foster Thor was coming out
But that is bullshit though. Pandering isn't ok son.
>>
>>78303681
>Wife beater
It was just a single slap, and Hank Pym regrets it every day of his life.
>Costumes are absurd
Wow, it's like it's a fictional world or something
>Nick Fury is white
Well now they've replaced him with his dopey son so not like that matters anymore.
>Hawkeye's a dick
My favorite characteristic of his really, I prefer a Hawkeye who's a massive dick over one who's almost a non-character like in the movies.
>Peter's life is a living hell
Always has been, whether movies, comics, or games, Peter's life is forever unhappy hell. Like it's going good for him right now in comics, but, he still has to deal with shit.
>>
>normies think green lantern was good
>normies like live-action bane
>normies don't know there is more than 1 robin.

the cringe is always too much. i hate seeing normies wearing green lantern shirts, because i know for a fact they dont know any of the other corps, thats why i have a red lantern shirt.
>>
>>78304119
>live action bane
Why must you remind me? It's like you want me to have blood pressure problems.
>>
>>78303752
>Watchmen
>fans

pick one

and don't assume that just because Superman's a shitty rape-loving asshole the rest of us would stoop to liking Watchmen
>>
>>78304637
oh yes, you aren't allowed to forget the best batman villain: sean connery talking into a shotglass.
>>
>>78303836
Great, let's stop having comics for fatass middle aged white pricks, they fucking ruined the industry.

>>78304637
You're a big guy.
>>
>>78295221

Why though? Why can't Manhattan just vaporize Supes into nothing before he even lands a punch?
>>
>>78304770
>Great, let's stop having comics for fatass middle aged white pricks, they fucking ruined the industry.
Anon, I think you have some facts confused. Cape comics are for kids, not middle aged people. If they were aimed at older people you might not see as many complaints here. Not that I want that. I love cape-shit for what it is. Can you say the same?
>>
>>78304795

I've never seen anyone actually answer this.
>>
File: 1450131158640.jpg (34 KB, 710x517) Image search: [Google]
1450131158640.jpg
34 KB, 710x517
I don't know why casuals can't a grip on the "multiple characters, same hero" thing. I really can't.

I don't know how many times I've gone almost brain dead having to explain that Wally is my favorite Flash to a CW fag, or that there are both a white AND a black Green Lantern, or that Tim Drake is my favorite Robin and Dick Greyson is never actually Dick Greyson in TV and movies, just all the other robins rolled into one generic character.I hate having to rationalize the fact that Oliver has both two red-colored sidekicks on Arrow. Or two Black Canaries. Or why Barry doesn't act like Wally did on the Justice League cartoons.

I just can't do it anymore /co/.
>>
>>78304915
You love it for clearly being aimed at middle-aged men who want the stories to endlessly revolve around the things they thought were the status quo when they were kids?

You're fucking pathetic.

>>78304953
Because they're from different universes, duh. What's Manhattan going to do, punch reality?
>>
File: 1424305228690.png (409 KB, 486x675) Image search: [Google]
1424305228690.png
409 KB, 486x675
>>78305092
>You love it for clearly being aimed at middle-aged men who want the stories to endlessly revolve around the things they thought were the status quo when they were kids?
>You're fucking pathetic.
Man that is some serious anal devastation for someone who doesn't even like the comics. Did you notice you're on a blue board? Cape shit is made with the younger generation in mind.

Pic related.
>>
>>78304953
Matter manipulators have commented before that the way Supes is put together is weird and it makes him difficult to pull apart.
>>
>>78295359
But he does. Like, all the time. You hear about charities regularly. They just don't write stories about it because "Batman donates money to build a new school" isn't a very interesting story.
>>
>>78304637
>>live action bane
>Why must you remind me? It's like you want me to have blood pressure problems.
he birthed the most epic meme around
>>
>>78303699
Except Captain Atom (aside from E4) has different powers from Manhattan.
There's no reason Supes would be immune to his matter changing abilities and evenif he was Manhattan could encase Superman in a block of Green K
>>
>>78303681
>I don't like something because the characters are characters and not physically diverse quipping action sequences
>>
>>78296590
The Human Torch killed Hitler right?
>>
>>78295763
Dude Allen literally atomized Superman in order to activate the thought robot. Did you not read Superman Beyond?
>>
>>78295221
Manhattan can make copies of himself to almost any number he wants. How can he not stop the nukes?
>>
>>78305755

Last I checked, though for all I know, that's been retconned.
>>
Oh, don't forget that the most exposure casuals have to floppies is through video people like Linkara.
>>
>Peter Parker sucks. He's boring. Miles is a million times more interesting.
>>
>>78296669
Monarch absorbed ALL Captain Atoms then made the mistake of mocking Superboy Prime

That was the last mistake he ever made.
>>78303794
There is none

Superboy destroyed Monarch along with the universe he was in and was kicked out of the time stream completely unharmed.
>>
>>78305710
Only in the sense that he has MORE powers, including the ability to reset universes.

Manhattan and his "whoa is me, I'm almost a god" crap got old fast
Thread replies: 89
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.