[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do you hate Teen Titans Go, /co/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 10
Why do you hate Teen Titans Go, /co/?
>>
Shit art.
>>
minimum effort animation and writing.
>>
>>78288749
Never actually seen it. But I can't fap to that Raven, so strike one.
>>
the writers straight up acknowledge that it's garbage and that the original TT tv show was way better and yet they keep making it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W9SoQEup0L4
that is why i hate this show.
>>
>>78288818

Original TT show was bad and dull

TTG is a funny cartoon
>>
>>78288749
I don't hate it, but I don't think it's great either. Probably the combination of it being on all the damn time like it's CN's Spongebob and the blatent lack of caring towards the original TT is why people hate it so much.
>>
>>78288749
I watched the original and loved it, I outright did not give this a chance and just assume it's shit. It might not be fair but I can't help it.
>>
File: 1449721448450.png (289 KB, 529x525) Image search: [Google]
1449721448450.png
289 KB, 529x525
>>78288818
How meta. I've seen a couple episodes of the show, I dislike the art but I actually find the show funny at SOME parts. I'd kill for the original series to come back, at least Teen Titans Go gives me a glimmer of hope that little kiddies wouldn't mind seeing their favorite comedy show actually be action oriented in the future.
>>
>>78288749
used to be pretty good, since the last season they're either trying too hard or not trying at all. They had a good formula and they blew it.
>>
>>78288846
>Original TT show was bad and dull
>TTG is also bad and dull

FTFY
>>
>>78288999
don't listen to this skeleton, despite those trips.
>>
>>78288818
This episode is really the creators blowing raspberries at the people who wished cancer on them for making a show they didn't like.

In other words. They trolled you, son
>>
>>78289019
For some reason this is annoyingly self conscious.
>>
I don't.
/me shrugs
>>
File: TTG_SWEET.png (3 MB, 1671x935) Image search: [Google]
TTG_SWEET.png
3 MB, 1671x935
The original cartoon was a teenager's wet escapist dream. The amount of retarded fan-fiction and OCs were amazing.

Considering I fucking hate teenagers and their creepy fantasies about being angsty vigilantes, this show is the perfect shit storm. No, you don't get to date Raven or Starfire. And even if you did, in TTG they're most likely to get you horribly maimed before status quo kicks in and you're nothing but a forgotten speck of dust.

Worship your new episodic comedy masters, because you are in fan Hell.
>>
>>78288749
Some of the episodes are alright like the one where they invade the HIVE and blow it up, and "Let's Get Serious"

Other times it's incredibly stupid and just the creators "trolling" us with shit quality episodes. Like haha waffles! So funny look a butt! It's just retarded. Like could they put some fucking effort in?
>>
>Every episode's moral is some twisted parody on actual life lessons in cartoons
>Christmas is about presents, even if you're a fucking awful person
>You win dares by cheating
>You win ANY argument with violence
>Healthy diets are designed by evil vegetable demons
I'm laughing, but I'm pretty sure I should be a little concerned.
>>
>>78288749
Because CN likes it so much it's obnoxious and fills the schedule with it. The show itself is just meh
>>
File: TTG_ep113_TheFourthWall_Still01.jpg (226 KB, 1200x675) Image search: [Google]
TTG_ep113_TheFourthWall_Still01.jpg
226 KB, 1200x675
>>78288749
>reminder that TTG agrees with /co/ that the show is garbage
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6AsomkWscrA
>>
>>78288749
Because it's the epitome of randumb comedy. I only watched like 10-12 episodes of the older series (mostly Terra arc), and I still it's vastly better
>>
File: The epitome of failure.jpg (51 KB, 367x301) Image search: [Google]
The epitome of failure.jpg
51 KB, 367x301
>>78288749
It embodies almost everything /co/ hates in new cartoons: Cheap Animation, taking something that was once action and replacing it with randum humor and slice of life, flanderization of everything, Take one of the most waifu'ed characters in /co/ history and bastardize her.
>>
>>78289443
>the moral of the story is that we don't want to try hard, it's cheaper this way and kids are still going to watch it
I feel like shit because the only reason I watch this stuff is to actually have an opinion on it
It's fun at times, but my god is it awful every other moment, and it even reminds you how awful it is
>>
>>78289508
Maybe this is the way the writers are reaching out to the original fans, by reminding them that the pain the fans feel is a shared pain. The writers are contractually obliged to put out shit but every so often they'll show how aware they are of it, through the show.
>>
>>78289005
You're just jealous because there is nothing sexier than a skeleton with trips.
>>
>>78289476
Then why are there so many fans on /co/?

Is it because so many people hate it that 4chan felt the need to be different?
>>
File: really.jpg (4 KB, 302x167) Image search: [Google]
really.jpg
4 KB, 302x167
>>78288749
How the Producers respond to criticism with episodes like "The Fourth Wall" and "Let's Get Serious". -_-
>>
>>78289651
It's not too different from a lot of webcomic artists we make fun of on here when you really think about it.
>>
>>78288749
It's a really fucking obnoxious and stupid show in my opinion.
>>
>>78288749
I don't, I think it's pretty funny.
>>
>>78288818
Sooo, you don't understand tongue in cheek humor, do you? I mean, it's pretty obvious that was literally the joke that the creators wanted something which this cartoon could not deliver.
>>
How is it not cancelled yet? Do any kids watch it?
>>
>>78288749

I don't. But it's not my new favorite show.
>>
>>78289476
I honestly like the show design better.
>>
>>78288749
because you keep making this thread every single day
>>
>>78289980
>Sooo, you don't understand tongue in cheek humor, do you
Of course he doesn't. A lot of /co/ are legit autistic, and can't understand humor or most forms of human emotion other than frustration.
>>
>>78293719
awaiting Glen Murakami rp
>>
File: super robin.png (2 MB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
super robin.png
2 MB, 1366x768
I like it.
>>
File: 1431813123303.png (274 KB, 466x410) Image search: [Google]
1431813123303.png
274 KB, 466x410
>>78289476
>>78289574

There are two different kinds of people on /co/.

People who watch cartoons because they like and appreciate them, and people who watch cartoons so they can post on /co/ about it in a sensational kind of way like a certain website.

No one who wants to see the western animation industry grow likes TTGO, because it's quite frankly embarrassing for how cheaply made it is and immature the writers are behaving.

On the other hand, its wacky, culturally referencing humor is great on occasion for those who just want a quick laugh while they're taking a break from their otherwise non-cartoon enthusiast lives. But the truth is that there is a good portion of /co/ whose hobbies include winning internet arguments about cartoons, and so you will see threads about TTGO which are for sure, either consciously or unconsciously, bait for these kinds of arguments so that they can fill their time feeling superior over someone else because of their tastes.

Ultimately, the show is fine in concept, in the sense that its a funny kids show and is shallow as kids shows tend to be. But you have to realize that its a kids show because CN producers demand it, not because the writers thought somehow that this was the best way to use the Teen Titans setting. It's no use yelling at the writers, they clearly know the situation they're in writing comedy for this setting which is clearly not originally made to be a comedy.
>>
File: image.jpg (52 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
52 KB, 1024x768
>>78289476
>concept art looks like the new Teen Titans shorts but better
>actual show looks horrible

What the fuck happened?
>>
I like this show. I was sold after Leg Day. Writers know their stuff.
>>
>>78296272
Oh and the visual gags are usually on point. Stuff like Raven's violence can be gratuitous at times, but there are legitimate moments that get me.

Sound is also well produced for the most part. I think they even include some samples of original tracks.
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.