[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you miss him yet /co/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 11
Do you miss him yet /co/?
>>
File: Superior.png (6 KB, 234x419) Image search: [Google]
Superior.png
6 KB, 234x419
That was the very last Spider arc that I read, so I guess not.
>>
>>78285840
every time someone mentions Spider-man.
>>
While I'm enjoying any runs with spidey-otto, he has been a gigantic douche throughout it all.
>>
File: second.png (1 MB, 1262x774) Image search: [Google]
second.png
1 MB, 1262x774
>>78285923
A lovable douche.
>>
File: Superior Spider.jpg (692 KB, 1626x1910) Image search: [Google]
Superior Spider.jpg
692 KB, 1626x1910
His first costume was so much better. Why did they change it? His second suit has too much black and looks ugly and his spider arms are unnecessary because he hardly ever uses them.
>>
I've only read issues here and there.

How did Superior fail and Otto admit that Peter was better?
Because from the issues I've had, while he clearly had problems with taking a joke and working in a team, he definitely seemed to have New York under wraps.
>>
>>78285840
Yes, I miss Ben Reilly.
>>
File: Screenshot_2015-12-18-20-18-59.png (359 KB, 480x800) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2015-12-18-20-18-59.png
359 KB, 480x800
He apparently couldn't handle all the stuff Goblin Nation threw at him.
But Pete could

I GUESS.
>>
>>78286313
For some reason only Peter Parker can beat the Green Goblin. Gobby had checkmate on Superior so Otto gave him his body back.

Honestly, Superior starts really strong and hits its stride in the middle but every character besides Carlie and Otto and Goblin are literally lobotomized and Otto has nearly no character development until the last issue.
>>
>>78286433
>>78286446
Bah, so there was no comeuppance about his use of violence, henchmen, and wide surveillance?

It was just "You've been handling Stormin' Norman for years, and I can't fight something with hair that confusing"?
>>
>Spock and city of New York are both getting rekt by Green Goblin
>Little girl in trouble
>Spock hesitates, Peter reacts
>This instance and the knowledge that he failed to protect New York and his loved ones from Goblin makes Spock realize that Peter is the Superior super hero
>Spock willingly erases his consciousness and hands the reins back to Peter to save the day which he does
>>
>>78286469
Goblin was fucking with his surveillance for months while building an army based on the power void after Superior destroys most crimebosses early in the run. Goblin also fucks with his henchmen (half of them are traitors) and kidnaps his girlfriend.

It's paperthin, really. How the hell does a Peter Parker-tier genius not realize that half of his spiderdroids have not been functioning for a LONG time.
>>
>>78285840
Only when he's not written by slott
>>
>>78286243
I liked the tabi boots, the lenses and clawed gloves. If that took those and put them on his second costume to make a third it would be outstanding.
>>
>>78286539
>Slott Machine only wants to be remembered for angering everybody
>And not for good writing.

Just like near all of his projects, the man has great ideas and great starts, but he always fucking ruins them whenever he thinks what he's doing is "huge" and "epic".

Pete has a 240 IQ, and Dock is even smarter.
So
WHY
Doesn't he realize the numerous gaps in his security?
>>
>>78286469
Oh there was cummupence for Peter
Like Black Cat suddenly heal turning from wanting to bone him 24/7 to dedicating her like to try and kill him because she didn't catch on that Pete was not acting like Pete and then punched her in the jaw.
>>
>>78286469
nah there was some just desserts.
the city turned against the surveillance, he couldn't trust his henchmen cause Norman planted spies (actually like a small army of spies) and he was forced to quit the avengers.

otto was stripped of everything that made him different from peter and was forced to fight norman sans army, henchmen, and master plan, he realized he sucked at being a hero when the cards weren't stacked in his favor.

of course must of the comeuppance fell on peter for loldrama but still.
>>
Anna Maria being kidnapped also plays a factor. Spock was willing to sacrifice himself to give his love a better chance of being rescued which Peter undeniably gives.
>>
>>78285840
The superior run was the best time to be on /co/

It honestly felt like reading a monthly manga with /a/- there was a lot going on and a likable plot

Now it's just bland normal adventures, spiderverse was the last hurrah
>>
>>78286505
>How the hell does a Peter Parker-tier genius not realize that half of his spiderdroids have not been functioning for a LONG time.
>implying that Superior Spider-Man had merely Peter Parker tier genuis

Norman didn't break the spider-bots, he basically rigged them not to display anyone wearing a goblin mask. So for the most part, they were working. Then when Spock would take out the villain of the day and his henchmen would run away, he'd recruit them and pass out goblin masks.

There was still a shitload of crime going on for him to deal with, so he didn't realize that he should have been doing five times as good a job as Peter when he was doing three times as good a job.
>>
So have Kaine and Pete talked since pic related haven't read anything spidy related in a while.
>>78286539
Noticed that as well
>>78286427
me too
>>
>>78286593

>Doesn't he realize the numerous gaps in his security?

Because he was fucking arrogant. "I'm great and everything just works perfectly because I'm great"

I don't know how much smug Otto Slott had to write for you people to grasp that.
>>
>>78286626
He MET UP with Goblin, THAT LAST PART DOESNT MAKE ANY SENSE EITHER

Just because the goblin doesn't show up doesn't mean other security cameras fail. Or witnesses. Or Otto just happening to see a man in a goblin mask.

>>78286680
So an arrogant programmer never bugtests anything? Just because you're smug doesn't mean you have to be incredibly fucking dumb at the same time. Otto is a genius, knowing a human makes mistakes is part of that genius, I assume.
>>
>>78285840
Nope. He was around for just the right amount of time. Ready for this Zodiac shit to end though.
>>
>>78286733
He was written very smugly.
Otto makes no mistakes.
>>
>>78286733
>So an arrogant programmer never bugtests anything?

Making mistakes is something Spider-man would do. He considered himself better than Spider-man so no.
>>
>>78286622
Spider verse was truly trash
>here is my unstoppable new character who kills all your favorite characters and one offs the panel after I introduce them because he is so cool and powerful and awesome
>wow now check this out I inserted my own wai... New character. She is smart and cute and quirky and awesome at everything and is better than Peter at all of it and also they totally want to bone because it's destiny and pharamones and they're into it and shut up
>>
>>78286821
It was fun though because it had all the spiders

And Otto was the secret boss at the end of the run
>>
>>78286733
>Just because the goblin doesn't show up doesn't mean other security cameras fail. Or witnesses. Or Otto just happening to see a man in a goblin mask.

Being hacked into the Spider-bots means they know where he's going to be. Spider-Man's fighting Parnival Plunder five miles away? Time to go to work. They won't cross paths.

If a Spider-Bot sees a Goblin committing a crime, it doesn't register. He doesn't investigate since there's no alert, and since the whole point of the Spider-Bots was to filter out stuff he thought was beneath his time, he won't follow up on every single police alert.
>>
>>78286821
Pretty much.How does it end?I dropped it after I realized it was, your favourite spiderman dies in one panel the comic.
>>
>>78286821
>here is my unstoppable new character who kills all your favorite characters and one offs the panel after I introduce them because he is so cool and powerful and awesome
You mean he re-used one of the characters that everybody sucked JMS dick over because he's so cool and powerful and awesome.
>>
>>78286927
The JMS run is still a bit foggy. Who you talking about?
>>
>>78285840
Yes. I actually thought it was an interesting idea and I actually enjoyed how dark Spider-Ok got. But I also enjoyed how Ock changed little by little and having some regret for his past actions.

I just didn't like some of the dumbass shit such as some of the characters having the idiot ball at times, or May being so against Peter/Ock getting together with Maria.
>>
>>78286313
You Should of have read the other books with SpiderOck, like the team ups, since they go deeper with him.
>>
>>78286433
I really wish something like this happened. Superior vs alt. Universe ock. There are some lines in the game but...
>>
File: Screenshot_2015-12-18-20-19-45.png (349 KB, 480x800) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2015-12-18-20-19-45.png
349 KB, 480x800
>>78287505
Superior makes like, three appearances in issue #5 of the game.
Funnily enough, Nick Fury sees right through his disguise. Watching someone call Fury a mouth breather is funnier than it should be.
>>
>>78286821
>Peter doesn't remember that Morlun's kind are vulnerable to radiation
>Cindy stumbles across an irradiated world and watches one of Morlun's siblings freak out when he accidentally goes in after her
>Peter can't inspire Uncle Ben to oppose the Inheritors
>Otto can

>>78286921
They destroy the cloning facility that lets them transfer their minds into new bodies upon death, then trap them in a bunker on an irradiated world with nothing to eat but actual spiders. This is apparently more humane than just killing them.

>>78286927
I thought Morlun was okay as a one-off villain, but I don't think bringing him back was a good idea.
>>
>>78286629
I thought Kaine was still "dead"
>>
>>78287749
It would have been better to just fucking kill them.

And yet, they deserve it for killing so many Spider-Men.
>>
File: Arms of the Octopus.jpg (265 KB, 900x1383) Image search: [Google]
Arms of the Octopus.jpg
265 KB, 900x1383
>>78287505
>I really wish something like this happened. Superior vs alt. Universe ock
>>
>>78287821
This was short but pretty sweet. I loved the bit at the end.

>they trap the villain to be forced to listen to The Young Turks on loop
>That racket is music?
>Yes. It 's a bit of a joke.
>Right. Of course. I love jokes. I'm Spider-Man.
>>
File: The Hero New York deserved.png (1 MB, 877x797) Image search: [Google]
The Hero New York deserved.png
1 MB, 877x797
Make way for best Villain trying to be a hero!
>>
>>78285840
I miss him /co/
>>
>>78286626
>There was still a shitload of crime going on for him to deal with

Not really. He started going "meh this is beneath me" on alerts and started delegating them to cops and fire fighters and such. When you take the fact that he brainwashed the sinister six to be his lackeys, got rid of kingpin, told vulture to gtfo, and couldn't see goblin crime, you get to see he didn't really have "that much crime" to deal with, which shows with how much time he started making for his midget waifu.
>>
>>78285840
I don't know. I do think Superior should have lasted at least 40% longer than it did, but it still had to end sometime and bringing him back would be dumb. So I don't know if I'd say I 'miss' Superior Spider-Man but I liked it.
>>
No. He was a godawful character from a godawful book.
>>
>>78286783
>>78286820
>h-he's just arrogant, that excuses him being a complete fucking idiot throughout the entire run

I wish that kind of writing could die. It's absolutely retarded and an excuse shit writers use to justify writing smart people without using much of their own brainpower, which only leads to "smart" characters being idiots. The only way Slott showed that Otto was intelligent is devices he shat out of his, which is just as lazy a way to show that a character is smart.
Might as well show Otto playing chess and muse about planning for two steps ahead, for good measure.
>>
>>78285840
I actually liked Superior Spidey and felt it ended abruptly and oddly. Not a fan of the whole Goblin Nation thing but eh.

Sure, he didn't have Spidey's "voice" but let's be honest, how many Spidey comics these days even have it? Hell, Spidey barely even makes lame puns/quips during team meetings any more.

It wasn't perfect. For instance, where Spock would randomly go overboard with the violence; was sloppily handled. But hey, at least it gave us a midget... who is now more or less forgotten.
>>
>>78288051
CARNAGE-MAN CARNAGE-MAN
>>
>>78286622
this tbqh

following Superior on /co/ was amazing, whether you were pro or anti Otto. every storytime thread was hype and full of shitposting.

haven't been able to make myself care about Spider-Man since
>>
>>78286603
He didn't so much get forced to quit the Avengers as he "fired" them.

That was one of the cool things about Ock. It was a "With all due respect, I don't need you. You need ME" kinda thing.
>>
>>78290093
>we'll never get a world where Non-Slott superior Spider-Man, superior ironman, carnage man, and axis hobgoblin stayed around
>>
So in Spider-Verse, Ock discovers Peter will eventually get his body back and tells his AI to inform him of this at a later date since he was about to be mind-wiped,. Anything come of that yet?
>>
>>78286243
it doesn't give him an unique look that represents how different he is from peter.
>>
>>78293035
besides the hints that ock put his brain into a robot
>>
>>78293035
As part of the All-New, All-Different Marvel event, a copy of the consciousness of Doctor Octopus is shown to be in Living Brain where he is still in love with Anna Maria Maraconi
>>
>>78290110
All the bootyblasted Parkerfags made for some entertainment too.
>>
>>78285840
I missed him before he was gone
>>
>Shit writing in the actual comic
>shitposting and baitposting all over /co/
>such good times

You faggots deserve every turd Marvel is shitting
>>
>>78289812
The problem with this is that people misconstrue smart with intelligent. Otto is intelligent, not smart. And yes, there are plenty of intelligent people that are downright stupid in areas outside of where they're brilliant at. I had to spend an afternoon explaining basketball to my college mate and fielding stupid questions like "why can't they just carry the ball to the other basket".
>>
>>78294120
waiting for him (robot) to create clone of peter parker and download his brain in there and continue with anna maria and as superior spiderman
>>
>>78287821
What issue was this? A teamup?
>>
>>78298182
That would be ironic given his seething hatred for clones.
>>
>>78294120
The interesting thing about this is that it'll probably be a copy of his brain before he returns to his time, meaning before his whole "Peter, you are the superior spider man" phase.

Although since they brought back Rhino, I wonder if they're gonna try and bring back the Sinister Six.
>>
>>78298182
Wait wait hold the fucking phone for a sec.

>Otto's conciousness is in Living Brain
>His Anna AI stored this data within his device, and informed him of this inevitable outcome
>Uploads his brain to Living Brain [lol] and gives Peter his body back
>Jackal comes back in his latest, misguided plot to fuck with Pete because lol I can just do that FUCK YOU FOR TAKING GWEN FROM ME PARKER
>Using Jackals cloning technology, or some variation thereof, he creates a clone of Peter using company records information, for at first, malicious reasons
>This is tied into retrieving the webware device, because it has his vitals stored on it, acting as a sort of personal Football
>When the webware device, and the braindead clone are all set up, he sets out to upload his brain into the clone, plotting to take over Parker Industries because "I started it, its mine"
>However things go awry when the Zodiac launch one last assault on PI's main HQ, and Pete need's Otto's help to push them back,
>Once they inevitably win, he turns around to finish Business with Peter, only to get BTFO by Anna
>Feeling utter and inescapable shame, this paves the way for a new book, while restablishing his relationship with Anna, and his redemption into being an actual hero
>We get a new Superior ongoing

Yeah/No/Maybe So?
>>
>>78298785
I forgot to mention that while yeah, he hates clones with a passion, I dont think hes that prideful to let go of his only chance at coming back, especially after his stint being Spider-Man.
>>
>>78286680
>>78286593
This is the thing that really bugs me though. Ock was a humble and down to earth guy who got pestered by kids to the point of a sort of depressive mental break, and then he got irradiated and got tenticles grafted to him.

So by huimi getting Pete's body, he shouldn't have been all that megalomaniacal.
>>
>>78299042
To expand upon this, the tentacles with radiation is what made him go evil and nuts. So without that, in an undamaged brain, he'd have gone back to cool down to earth scientist.
>>
File: dycj == is shit.gif (479 KB, 300x196) Image search: [Google]
dycj == is shit.gif
479 KB, 300x196
>>78299493
Then why didn't the radiation in Peters entire body make him go nuts as well?

Checkmate, Athiests.
>>
>>78300136
Because Octavious actually LIKES spiders.

Seriously though. I mean he got a spider and Octo was in an explosion i believe. The radiation made him schitzo or something, it was one of the reasons he was in the hospital in the first place. He was being treated for poisoning and to get the tentacles off because they were making it worse.

To be honest, I would've liked to see Superior Spider-man actually be better at fighting crime and keeping it under wraps, but worse at human relations and being in the thick of it while saving lives. Coming to a head when he nearly let that little girl die.
Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.