[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
All your beautfiful talk has convinced me to watch WAKFU. Now,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3
File: 1436180446251.jpg (61 KB, 320x320) Image search: [Google]
1436180446251.jpg
61 KB, 320x320
All your beautfiful talk has convinced me to watch WAKFU.

Now, should I watch it in the original French or in the English dub available on Netfix?

Thank you.

/co/ is still love
>>
Watch it in French, the english dub sucks
>>
>>78280301

Does it really? Huh.

I have no problem at all with subtitles as I was raised with them. Just expected the dub for such a high profile series to be kind of competent.
>>
>>78280438
It's not that high profile it just has a small cult following
>>
>>78280474

I guess the representation of it on /co/ was disproportional, then.

Thank you.

You are a beautiful person for telling me what I wanted to know.
>>
dont watch the dub
it sucks
>>
File: 1219941842284.jpg (162 KB, 412x600) Image search: [Google]
1219941842284.jpg
162 KB, 412x600
/co/ can still be love sometimes

/co/ is love can be always
>>
>>78280780
You just need to stay out of shitty threads but even then it just takes a little bait to derail the whole thing. Why must we be so naive?
>>
Like 90% of the voices in the dub are complete ass. French all the way.
>>
>>78280854
will you hug me
>>
>>78280438
It's seriously the worst dub I've ever heard. Makes 4Kids' One Piece look like the dub of Cowboy Bebop.
>>
I gotta warn you OP, it's got a LOT of Filler. Can get sort of grating, especially boufball, because they're sorta the same story different place.

The second season is way worse for it though.
>>
>>78281195

The Cowboy Bebop dub is supposed to be excellent, right?
>>
File: Spike 1.gif (401 KB, 500x270) Image search: [Google]
Spike 1.gif
401 KB, 500x270
>>78281296
I grew up watching both dubbed and subbed anime and Bebop has the very best dub to ever grace television.
SamCham and FMA are also 10/10.
>>
>>78280237
Original French.

Why?

Because an original french dub is perfect.
>>
>>78280237
Never seen the dub. I did love the french version.
>>
Wait is this show actually good? Because all I've ever seen people talk about is how they want to fuck the elf and plant chicks.
>>
>>78283282
and cat chicks, oni chicks, skeleton chicks, pirate chicks, and navy chicks
>>
>>78280237
weird, I recommended wakfu to someone on /v/ today
Anyways, watch the french with english subs
>>
>>78283282
It is, but since it hasn't had much new content made in the past couple years, there's little left to discuss and threads have been lacking in their former quality. If you like adventure, puns, colorful animation and the occasional adult joke/subtext, you should like it regardless of your attraction toward animated hips and tits.

Wakfu has a plot but spends a good deal of each season on villains of the week because of demands from the network. When the story really kicks in, though, you can expect epic battles, and to be kicked in the feels pretty hard.

Dofus has completely self-contained episodes and only the slightest continuity, but also doesn't lack in the adventure, puns and cuties departments, and manages to give you feels impressively considering its runtime (10-minute episodes). I believe its target audience, officially, is under 10, but it's one of those pieces of animation that has enough subtext and cultural references to be equally appealing to adults if not more.
>>
>>78283282
The villains and visuals are great but that's about it. The rest ranges from okay to weak.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.