[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Would this comic be any good if I liked the movie?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 2
File: 4924402-krampus_cover.jpg (4 MB, 2240x3413) Image search: [Google]
4924402-krampus_cover.jpg
4 MB, 2240x3413
Would this comic be any good if I liked the movie?
>>
I liked it. It's an anthology sort of thing, but all the stories tie together in the end.

But like the movie, Krampus doesn't actually kill anybody and they just learn not to be shitbags on Christmas.

So, yeah, if you like the movie you'll like it fine.
>>
Yeah. And it helps you understand the ending of the film.
>>
the comic, unlike the move, is mostly about conflicts regarding taxation of trade routes to outlaying star systems. so you may or may not like
>>
>>78286301
what?
>>
>>78281358
I suppose being kept prisoner for eternity in Krampus' lair isn't technically "killing" but it's still pretty bad.
>>
>>78289663
The comic makes it fairly clear cut that isn't what happened. He's just watching them.
>>
>>78279373
Not as good but still worth it if you liked the film
>>
>>78289663
he's magically spying on them
>>
>>78290407
>>78291877
Whaaaat? How were we supposed to figure that out?
>>
>>78292286
I dunno, I thought the same thing you did until I read the comic.
>>
>>78292286
I think we're supposed to assume that the family was given a second chance because the kid got the ornament, which we see is only given by Krampus as a reminder if you live, and because there wasn't any explicit "TRAPPED IN CHRISTMAS FOREVER" scene. Doughtery doesn't shy away from punishments in his works, so if they were punished, it would be explicitly depicted.

I wonder if this element (the one explained in the comic) was originally explained in the script but cut out. One interview with Doughtery has him mentioning that there was a significant plot point he excised from the script, maybe it was what happens to people Krampus decides aren't redeemable?

I feel like it should have been easy enough to work into the grandma's story. "What happens if he takes you?" "According to the old stories...." etc.
>>
>>78294390
Really? Was probably related to that then. Didn't help that the family looked haunted when the bell was unwrapped and the memories came back, but that's to be expected.
>>
>>78294390

According to the comic, if Krampus takes you the elves turn you into the nightmare toys.
>>
>>78294722
Hmm
>>
>>78290407
>>78294722
>required reading to understand a plot point they were too lazy to put in the movie

gross

it was shit when star wars did it, it was shit when gears of war did it and it's still shit now
>>
>>78289663
Being forced to be on Christmas vacation with your friends and loved ones for all eternity? Oh no the horror...
>>
>>78296055
but the kids extended family are assholes and ultimately the reason why he summoned krampus in the first place
>>
>>78296037

I mean you don't really need to read it to understand, either interpretation of the ending is perfectly fine I think.
>>
>>78296119
i feel the whole "his elves make murder toys out of you" thing could've been a thing they wouldn't need much to explain since i think it was confirmed they weren't trapped in snowglobe hell the guy behind the movie in a interview
>>
>>78296261
Yeah, sucks that got cut.
>>
>>78296089
>summon krampus
>everyone ELSE is an asshole
>>
>>78297265
It wasn't like he did it on purpose. And he tried to make things right which is probably what ultimately saved them all.
>>
>>78297289
I mean, if you can't handle that people can be unbearable on a day to day basis, how's the kid gonna function?
>>
>>78297313
All he did was tear up the note.
>>
Goddamn that fucking Jack in the box was horrifying.
>>
So, is santa dead then?
>>
Is this this graphic novel or series? I enjoyed the movie quite a bit.

>>78297340
Agreed
>>
>>78299335
just 1 graphic novel.
>>
>>78297420
Kind of pissed Santa didn't save the day at the end, but that's probably too corny.
>>
>>78299521
I hear that Krampus's face mask was his flesh
>>
>>78299534
I think they're one and the same
>>
>>78299601
Now that's something I didn't even consider.
>>
File: krampusbig.jpg (678 KB, 1005x1543) Image search: [Google]
krampusbig.jpg
678 KB, 1005x1543
>>
>>78300534
...huh
>>
>>78299534
I noticed it was a Santa face on him - but i think it was like the Will Shatner mask for Michael Myers - so sorta a tribute.
>>
>>78297340
He got some good jokes though.
>>
>>78297340
I thought it was adorable when it clapped happily and hugged the elves
>>
Legitimately the best Christmas movie i've seen in years.
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.