[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What have you been reading?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 6
File: darkseidchillsout.jpg (301 KB, 928x1364) Image search: [Google]
darkseidchillsout.jpg
301 KB, 928x1364
So, what have you been reading recently, /co/? What are are you planning to read? For me it's been Grant Morrison's Batman and Robin, all of the Vic Sage Question stuff. Finished volumes 13 and 14 of Judge Dredd complete case files, and I just started Wonder Woman v2.
>>
File: 1329453684010.png (171 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1329453684010.png
171 KB, 640x480
>Most comic discussion happens on wednesday
>rareley can read all my pullist in 1 day
>Miss those threads
Anyway, I'm almost going to finish my pull list, just Dark Horse Presents is left.
>>
File: 1443479653264.png (52 KB, 349x344) Image search: [Google]
1443479653264.png
52 KB, 349x344
Been kind of going through "older" stuff, at the moment.
Downloaded a bunch of Nova comics that I keep trying to get through, and thinking of reading 2099 comics.
I'm ashamed to admit it, but I'm almost "scared" of reading older DC stuff, and I always put "catching up" with those two above most others.
>>
File: rivera dd 1210.jpg (92 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
rivera dd 1210.jpg
92 KB, 640x640
>>78274903
>Grant Morrison's Batman and Robin

Brilliant

I've recently wrapped up Miller's Daredevil, save for Born Again. It was good, and showed how well the tv series adopted the tone and some plotting and characterization.

Recently started Waid's Flash run which is also very good.

Wrapped up BKV and Marcos Martin's Private Eye which was a simple but engaging noir with some poignant themes (the cloud bursting-which maybe should have been used to better effect) the art was brilliant, kinda wanna get the hardcover.

I'm lost in WickDiv, maybe it's the artist changes, maybe i'm a little retarded, but it's such a vast cast with alliances, relationships, crazy names, it's tough to keep up with it.

Ellis' Injection is awesome, one of the most promising series out.

Bond's off to a good start though the art's pretty meh.

Morrison's Klaus is great so far and the art's really impressive

Paper Girls is really promising, one of the best first issues i've read in a while and the last two have been great.

Daredevil 1 was decent, hoping Soule's as good as he was on SHe Hulk and gets to flex his legal know-how.

Eagerly awaiting the final Nameless issue, it's been insane.

Loved this week's Head Lopper, really fun, funny book
>>
Do you lads actually subscribe to any comics?
>>
>>78275371

Yeah, I ( >>78275240 ) subscribe to about 8-10 that I want to support and download some dumber shit from the big two
>>
>>78275214
I read Punisher 2099. It wasn't bad, but it kinda reminded me of Judge Dredd and Stornium Dog. A friend and I got some good laughs though. Haven't read the rest, got too busy reading all of Dredd. As for catching up to older stuff, in particular DC, I've been reading most of 80s to 90s DC stuff. It's been pretty good. JLI, Flash v2, Ted Lord's Blue Beetle from the 80s, some Batman, Nightwing, Guy Gardener Reborn, Question, various Lobo material, and now Wonder Woman. It's mostly been pretty good.
>>
I'm currently reading the original Secret Wars hc since Hickman's turned out to be so shit I bought a few weeks ago
Then I plan to finish dem Seven Soldiers i've got left on my computer
>>
My life's finally slowed down a bit, so I'll probably get to one of the following in the coming days
>Finish reading Maximum Carnage
>Read the original Suicide Squad run by Ostrander
>Resume reading the Fleetway Sonic comics
>Resume reading volume 2 of the NTT trades
>>
Recently finished Kirby's The Demon and it's one of the best things I've ever read, plan to read the Fourth World saga soon.

Also slowly reading silver age Spidey, FF and JLA. That's just what's on my mind at the moment, in reality I must have scores of series I'm only part way through.
>>
>>78275042
>reading comic books
Loser.
>>
File: 731195.jpg (193 KB, 600x912) Image search: [Google]
731195.jpg
193 KB, 600x912
>Cerebus
First time read-through. Starting Church & State now.

>Major Bummer
I love Doug Mahnke. It's also pretty fun; Arcudi is no slouch either.

>Berserk.
Re-read, just finished 9. I stopped buying them at vol 12 years ago and I just ordered 13, 14, and 15. I forgot how good this was.

>Perez Wonder Woman Omnibus
Still slowly making my way through this.

>West Coast Avengers
Bought the first few hardcovers on-sale recently. Really great palette cleanser after an issue of Stray Bullets or Nameless.

>ongoing
Klaus, Descender, Head Lopper, Rumble, Stray Bullets, Manhattan Projects
>>
I've kind of fallen out of marathon reading. I only really make time for monthlies. I have a shitload of backlog to get through though once I get off my ass. Probably Superman Secret Origin next.
>>
Right now I'm going through Tales Of Suspense and Captain America #100-#230, I've always been really interested in the character since I was a kid, but never really got much of an opportunity to see his older adventures.

Ontop of that, I'm also reading Sub-Mariner in Tales To Astonish and his own solo title
>>
Silver Surfer Epic Collection: Freedom
Savage Sword of Conan vol 2
Mirage TMNT vol 1
Messner-Loebs Flash

After I finish this batch up I plan to read Morrison's Doom Patrol. Ann Nocenti's Daredevil, Cerebus Church and State
>>
>>78274903
I marathoned Batman up through a couple issues past Endgame. I'm dropping it. Kinda feels complete already... why stick with it indefinitely? Speaking of Judge Dredd, I nabbed IDW Judge Dredd #1. Since this run JUST started this month I'm gonna actually pay for 'em, see how not being a pirate pans out.
>>
>>78276704
Been thinking of reading Cerberus myself.
>>78277342
That sounds like a fantastic idea. Gonna go pick up New Dredd.
>>
>>78277030
>Silver Surfer Epic Collection: Freedom
I actually just finished that one last weekend.

As far as other stuff goes, I read through all of Jupiter's Legacy/Circle, Warren Ellis' run on Stormwatch, and started The Multiversity this week.
>>
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 3264x2448
Here's my bedside table. I've been on a Gerber and Cerebus kick lately, and just moving along my shelf haphazardly besides those two things. Don't think I'm going to be able to put down Cerebus as a whole until I hit the finish line.
>>
Finally got my JSA two and three omnis this week from black Friday. I have a lot to read.
>>
>>78277749
Bro, I'm skeptical of the /co/ hive mind as much as anyone, but Cerebus is as good as it's touted to be. If you like Conan especially it's just a continuous treat.

>>78276704
Now IS the perfect time to catch up on Berserk. They're off the boat!
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.