[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Rick and morty thread? Hopes for next season >inb4 reddit
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3
Rick and morty thread? Hopes for next season

>inb4 reddit
>>
reddit
>>
Hm, I don't know that I can hope for anything, they've done a great job surprising me. Evil Morty's return I guess. Maybe a council or Rick team up like in the intro w/ that Han Solo looking Rick.
>>
I'm wondering if Evil Morty or the Council of Ricks will factor in somehow.

This is obviously going to be solved in the first episode. You can't have Rick and Morty with Rick chained to a wall unable to drink or make gadgets and shit.
>>
File: Rick and Morty Season 2 Finale.jpg (46 KB, 500x312) Image search: [Google]
Rick and Morty Season 2 Finale.jpg
46 KB, 500x312
>>
>>78274622
Rick's last line in that episode came off as really corny to me, and I usually like Rick and Morty. Did the writers think he sounded like a badass?
>>
>>78274811
It was just supposed to be kind of sad I think, like he knows he's doing the right thing but he doesn't like it.
>>
>>78274811
I don't think it was about sounding badass, given his tone, it struck me more as just how Rick has given up all his ego and such and is left feeling utterly defeated.

>>78274680
>>78274682
same, I really wonder how Evil Morty or the Council of Ricks might play out, though I don't see the CoR as helping him bust out, if anything I could seem them going nuts about one of them finally being captured and opting to militarize or something.

Evil Morty somehow feels more likely if only because Evil Morty needs a cover Rick for his activities.

Also might be interesting if rather than Rick getting immediately busted out, the next season actually opens up with a flash forward from one to maybe even five years after the end of Season 2.
>>
New main cast.

A-Plot follows Rick's new prisonbreak family and B-plot follows Morty trying to find Rick.
>>
Rick will sell out. His kind always does.

He'll agree to be the Galactic Federation's bitch boy scientist, BUT with the cavet that he gets to operate on Earth, with relative freedom and Jerry as his bitch boy personal assistant for added castration of the only member of the family with the balls to stand up to him and shame him into doing the right thing.

The overall theme of season three will be Morty's disillusionment with his grandfather as Morty realizes that his grandfather is a sellout like everyone else.
>>
>>78277879
That makes sense if Justin wants to stick it to Dan Harmon with Rick being a stand-in for how Dan has utterly betrayed everything he stood for.
>>
>>78274622

AND YOU CAN HAVE IT ALL
>>
Earth to continue as a tourist planet for aliens to make Beth/Jerry episodes more interesting. Evil Morty, Council of Ricks and maybe Cronenburg universe to become relevant in character development.
>>
>>78274622
A consistent tone.

For the most part, season 1 was just wacky hijinks save for a couple of appropriately toned moments. Season 2 felt like it was trying to be Bojack Horseman, but also keep the wacky hijinks. I think this inconsistency made the more emotional moments carry less impact.
>>
>>78277929
I forget, has Dan Hamon left the show?
>>
>>78274622
I was amazed to see an actual serious episode. I'd like at least 2 more next season
>>
>>78274622
The dramatic death of Mr. Poopy Butthole
>>
File: rick-and-morty-season-21.jpg (439 KB, 1277x718) Image search: [Google]
rick-and-morty-season-21.jpg
439 KB, 1277x718
So I just finished this whole show in a week and... I fucking love it.
I love the humor and I love how much of a dick Rick is and I love how pathetic Jerry is and how fragile his marriage is and I love how hot Summer is and I love all the crazy worlds and planets and creatures

this
show
is
EEEEEEE--FUCKIN--SENTIAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLL
>>
>>78274811
Yeah it was supposed to be pathetic. It was probably the weakest point in his life.
>>
>>78277929
>with Rick being a stand-in for how Dan has utterly betrayed everything he stood for

how so?
>>
>>78280911
Yeah it's pretty great. I binged it a month ago.
>>
>>78280911
did you torrent it or is there a /co/ mega link?
>>
start up like the entire finale never happened (Earth still alone and quasi-equivalent to IRL) and mid-season have the totally unsurprising reveal we've been following an 'alternate' universe for the entire season. fall back into council of ricks and mastermind morty overarching plot. only resolve 'rick prime' dilemna in finale, possibly with his death and continuing on with the 'alternate'.

they are not going to stop beating the 'many worlds is fucked' horse. nor should they, really.
>>
>>78274622
The season opener is rick in his cell the camera shakes and you can hear explosions and gunfire in the distance cut to Unity busting him out of the joint with a massive assault.
>>
>>78280911
>and I love how hot Summer is
Justin please stop shilling your own show.

http://vocaroo.com/i/s0I157WZGVWK
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.