[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
All Star Section Eight
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: latest.jpg (387 KB, 900x1384) Image search: [Google]
latest.jpg
387 KB, 900x1384
Ennis phoned it in, didn't he? very lackluster return of this band of nitwits. story had potential but soon after the first issue, it was barely even funny, maybe a single good joke per issue. reads like Ennis wrote the whole thing in a single day. very disappointed in it.
>>
>>78268532
It could have been punched up a bit more, but I thought it was entertaining and maybe a bit heartfelt.

Depending on which angle you see the ending.
>>
>>78268532
>Ennis phoned it in, didn't he?

Not really, no.
>>
>>78268532
I thought the middle issues were underwhelming but the first issue and the Phantom Stranger issue were GOAT
>>
The only issues that seemed really lackluster to me were 1 and the Martian Manhunter one, I thought the rest was pretty great
>>
>>78268591
i recently reread Hitman and his Punisher run and this comic really seemed first draft material. something he'd do to pay the bills, not up to par with his recent War Stories issues. haven't read his other recent monthlies, are they any good? Johnny Red, Train Called Love, or Where the Monsters are (or something).

>>78268648
i dug the first issue and the last one, but the jokes were too far and few between, imo. the concept was there, great format to the series, but i think it could have done with a rewrite or a polishing. wasn't too fond of the Phantom Stranger one, however, when Etrigan appears, that was hilarious.
>>
>>78268754
A Train Called Love is "goofy" Ennis.
There's like a page or two of something funny...but then the rest is way too intentionally cracked to really be funny.
>>
>>78268532
Finally someone who's not a mindless shill. God bless you for telling the truth, OP.
>>
>>78268532
Storytime the series, please?
>>
>>78268532
Not really, the Phantom stranger and WW issue had me laughing like an idiot, The batman one too
>>
>>78268532
>>78268754
I don't know, I'd say it's better than The Pro.
>>
>>78268788
eh, i'll probably skip it. the art in it doesn't really appeal to me.

>>78268812
just calling it as i see it. read it yesterday and was disappointed in it. especially after reading how hilarious the team and concept were in Hitman.

>>78268836
sorry, mate, i don't do that. maybe some other kind soul can? feel free.
>>
I thought Six-Pac was kill? Or sober?
>>
>>78268908
>maybe some other kind soul can? feel free.
I can probably do it later today.

And yeah, A Train Called Love is way skippable.
I think that All-Star Section Eight did sag in the middle, but there are moments of brilliance that do it for me.

>>78268922
>I thought Six-Pac was kill? Or sober?
Explained in the first and final issues
>>
>>78268859
yeah, i skipped that one, too. doubt i'll ever get back to it.

>>78268927
cool. i'd like to read what other people thought of certain sequences. i did laugh several times, i just expected a bit more. the Bueno Excellente stuff fell flat, imo, as did the Wonder Woman hit over the head trope. the Phantom Stranger was one note and both The Flash and Martian Manhunter stuff were lame, as was the Dogwelder bits. my two cents.

btw, Dave, idea for a future storytime. how about the original Comico Grendel run? i don't think it has ever been done or a pretty long time since. i don't think that comic gets the praise it deserves. just a suggestion.
>>
>>78269186
Haha awesome. I'll look into it.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.