[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>people will defend this garbage What's this current
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 96
Thread images: 18
File: man of.png (322 KB, 719x499) Image search: [Google]
man of.png
322 KB, 719x499
>people will defend this garbage
What's this current obsession with making Superman into Hitler?
>>
>>78267174
Its not current, it's always been.
>>
>>78267174

People who don't understand Superman or the concept of someone with power not abusing it think it's a super original and entertaining idea despite the fact that it's been done OVER AND OVER AND OVER AGAIN.
>>
>>78267174
It's an imaginary or dream sequence

Google it senpai
>>
>>78267395
You right. It's fun to revisit the idea every now and again.
>>
>>78267174
because he's too perfect, his powerlevel is nuts but he never abuses his power, he's a total bro and a role model
it's boring
that being said, I prefer early Superman who was a kind of a dick but in a goofy way than serious, edgy Hitlerman but it's still better than Mary Supes
>>
I don't think anyone actually expects the movie to be any good, I figure most people just want to see it for the spectacle, knowing full well it will be utter Shit. At least I hope that's why people are 'hype.'
>>
>>78267458
Of course, that's why I want to see Civil War too.
>>
File: supermanforyou.jpg (125 KB, 755x768) Image search: [Google]
supermanforyou.jpg
125 KB, 755x768
>>78267395

pretty much.
>>
>>78267458
I think it's going to be great.
>>
File: laughing skeleton.jpg (1 MB, 700x1471) Image search: [Google]
laughing skeleton.jpg
1 MB, 700x1471
>>78267174
>tfw we live in a time and place where Superman is edgier than the Joker
>>
It's a dream sequence fuck boy.
>>
>>78267174

Superman is not going evil retard.
Is going to be Bruce's imagination/dreams because he can't belive a powerful alien from outer space could love humanity so much.

Which is great because that's one of Batman's biggest flaws is his paranoia and the subsequent desire to control everything, but none of this were present in any of the Batman movies we had so far.
>>
>>78267174
It was already confirmed as a dream sequence. What is with this current obsession with shit posting anything related to DC?
>>
projecting casuals find it cathartic. Actually wanting to (and having the power to) take someone down who has the audacity to oppose you, instead of being the bigger man and taking the higher ground.
>>
File: 1435336062081.jpg (49 KB, 554x580) Image search: [Google]
1435336062081.jpg
49 KB, 554x580
Post yfw Supes refuses to kill Doomsday and instead finds a way to cure him thereby giving Zod back his life
>>
>>78267174
Seems like these days people see anyone with power as a threat, so it's reflected in our media.
>>
>>78267174

>Faggot Lex
>Skeleton Woman
>WWxBM

I just know I'm gonna hate this movie.
>>
File: action311_king-superman.jpg (94 KB, 500x728) Image search: [Google]
action311_king-superman.jpg
94 KB, 500x728
This isn't new.
We distrust those with power, perhaps because we would distrust ourselves with power.
>>
>>78267883
>memes
>>
File: obsessed Batman now in HD.webm (2 MB, 1920x816) Image search: [Google]
obsessed Batman now in HD.webm
2 MB, 1920x816
>>78267883
>WWxBM
We all know who's endgame
>>
>>78267710
Inferiority complex.
>>
What's with so many self proclaimed Superman fans not knowing jack shit about Superman?
>>
>>78267174
It's a dream retard.

This film will be bad, but it won't be because of Injustice Superman. It'll be because Zack Snyder is incapable of making a good film.
>>
>>78268639
Nice meme.
>>
>>78268698
Nice delusion.

Don't you have a company wars thread to be posting somewhere?
>>
>>78268843
I believe we're in it already friend.
>>
>>78267174
Because you can't spell "Superman" without "SNAP"
>>
>>78268948
What the fuck else would he do in that moment?
>>
>>78269057
Cover Zod's Eyes?
>>
>>78269057
Jerk him off

Nobody sees the surprise jerk coming
>>
>>78269093
pretty sure Heat vision would hurt his hand like a motherfucker and it would break Zod free
>>
>>78269115
But He's Superman, he can do anything, right?
>>
>>78269093
He should burn off his hand to save a genocidal monster, probably causing him to lose the fight and allow the Earth to be destroyed?

You fucking cape retards belong in fucking kindergarten or zoo. Imagine saying this shit to a cop or soldier. DURR WHY DID YOU KILL THE TERRORIST WHILE HE WAS AIMING A BAZOOKA AT AN ORPHANAGE
>>
>>78269057
There's always a way. That's literally the character's motto.

Why, if it'd been Batman in his place he would've let the innocents die then laughed about it with his pal the Joker
>>
>>78267826
Damn, this is really a superbutt.
>>
>>78269057
He could've lifted Zod and flown through the ceiling.
>>
File: Superman vs Man of Steel.png (1 MB, 1716x568) Image search: [Google]
Superman vs Man of Steel.png
1 MB, 1716x568
>>
>>78269057
Fly up. He literally just crashed in from space. Just go back up.
I don't have a problem with the neck snap, I just wish the setup was better.
>>
>>78269216
>>
>>78267174
He always was. Heroes are poison. Read On Heroes and Hero Worship or Nietzsche for more infotainment brehcuck
>>
>>78267174
Hitler was a great man, Superman is a great man.
>>
>>78269320
So...by the transitive property... Hitler IS Superman!
>>
>>78269126
>We don't want a Mary sue who can do anything

>He's superman, he should be able to do anything

You fucking faggots are the worst.
>>
>>78269258
Fly up and do what? Zod isn't willing to surrender. Should he risk knocking him out, flying an hour to Alaska, and figuring out how to work the superjails in the Kryptonian ship?
>>
>>78269343
Only if you announce that like the Captain Planet summoning.
>>
>>78268062
The beginning of that trailer was great, they should have cut the trailer like this. Delete lex and the last 30 sec.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0S2aFXb_fdk
>>
File: Capt Hitler hes our hero.jpg (24 KB, 491x357) Image search: [Google]
Capt Hitler hes our hero.jpg
24 KB, 491x357
>>78269379
>Reminder that Hitler can kill Capt. Planet with hate alone
>>
>>78269365
Like I said, I don't have a problem with the neck snap, I just wish the setup was better. Treating it as if it were the only solution for that immediate danger didn't work.
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 1988x3056) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 1988x3056
>>78267174
Fuck you, Op! I don't want a boring faggot Superman. I want a Superman who is gritty, edgy, and realistic with a wicked sense of humor.
>>
>>78269439
LIKE HE CAN JUST TAKE MY BOMB!
>>
Disney shills are out in earnest today, I see. No surprise, what with the Star Wars fanfic hitting theaters.
>>
>>78267174
dem suit colors though
>>
>>78269925
That's disgusting.
>>
>>78270104
It's the Future you wanted.
>>
>>78270133
Good thing we have Pak doing one hell of a job
>>
>>78267174
It is likely because superman is a flat, boring character without some depth given to him.
>>
>>78269925
>I want a Superman who is like me because I could never be just a good guy trying to do good things for others.

Fuck you. You're the reason villains are being made into suave bullshit social rebels and heroes are being turned into broken down jackasses who save the day but are mostly miserable. You need to be coddled into thinking your "rebel snowflake" mentality is legitimate and not just the product of excess and ease.
>>
>>78270259
This.
>>
>>78270448
Quit projecting dude. It's pretty obvious that anon was being sarcastic.
>>
>>78268920
Hating zach snyder isn't anymore company wars than hating joss whedon. Marvel was lucky to get rid of him, and DC is stuck with the half-baked masterpieces Snyder will seemingly inevitably shit out as long as his anus still pulses with life.
>>
>>78269431

That was great
>>
>>78267458
I don't expect it to reach Nolan's films, just the average 3 1/2 star super hero romp you forget about a week later, much like 95% of super hero movies.
>>
>>78270794
I still take some amusement in the 180's that people did after so much based Whedon cock sucking.

It will be funny if it happens to Russos as well, when people finally realize that these movies are made by Marvel's production team and not so much the directors.
>>
>>78270876
My nigga had the trailer been something like that, I would have been more excited. Still going to see it the first day though.
>>
>>78270794
It is a meme though. No one even gives examples of why they think he's bad, they just post RT scores like that's supposed to mean something.
>>
Probably a nightmare for either batman or wonder woman
>>
>>78267395
I fucking hate that we don't get enough Evil Batman stories but so many Evil Superman ones, and Evil Wonder Woman is very often even in FUCKING CANON STORIES
>>
>People still don't realize that MoS was an origin story
>His motto will come late
>"There's always a way, I know, because one time I killed a mother fucker when I had plenty of other options and then he turned into a TMNT monster and killed like twice as many people"
>>
>>78273565
>I killed a mother fucker when I had plenty of other options
Go on
>>
>>78273424
Seriously that Bat wank is absurd. Superman can go evil but not the fucked up manchild who spends his nights beating the shit out of criminals? The guy who never admits to being wrong and is constantly involved in morally ambiguous activities?
>>
>>78269155
>Im a huge fucking mary sue with an incredibly naive motto

Thats his motto? I understand not giving up and doing as much as you can when you can. But saying theres always a way when there are going to be situations where he is helpless or left with no choice is just kidnergarten tier bullshit. Its also boring.
>>
Cyinics conflate being an asshole with realism because then it gives them free reign to not curtail their own behaviors.
>>
>>78273424
Because an evil Batman gets taken out by good Superman in like, five minutes.
>>
>>78274636
>fucked up manchild who spends his nights beating the shit out of criminals?

How is he a manchild? And dont say its because he cant let go of something that happened in the past. Using a traumatic event in your life to better yourself and others is an admirable thing to do. Youre talking like beating criminals up is the most evil thing in the world.

>constantly involved in morally ambiguous activities?

Hes not perfect but cmon, Id hardly call what he does morally ambiguous.

I dont disagree with you on there being an evil batman but cmon senpai. How would that work though? Batman isnt that large a threat to the DC world. Evil Batman wouldn't really be able to be as hyped up with as high a stakes as evil superman.
>>
>>78269146
If you think that then you're missing the point of what superman stands for.
He does have to save everyone, that's just who he is
>>
>>78275374
This. I love batman. Favorite cape. But if he were to turn all evil and totalitarian most other heroes would put him down pretty quickly. Unless he puts on the invincible plot armor of the batgod. But who wants that?
>>
>>78275477
He cant fucking save everyone unless hes a huge as fuck mary sue.

Why cant we get a superman who sinply just tries his best when he can? Thats the real insipiration to others. Not mary sue of steel.
>>
>>78267174
It's literally a nightmare sequence of an extremely paranoid Batman
>>
>>78275594
>Why cant we get a superman who sinply just tries his best when he can?
I'd love that too but a single extended hand being enough to stop him isn't trying his best.
>>
>>78273424
Turning Superman evil is done because of his "Boy scout" image and his nearly invincible powerset.
>>
>>78275594
Superman is supposed to be the mary sue of steel, he just needs to be written well. And crappy writters just like to make the problem of the story a big fight.
Superman stories should be based on his attempts to reconcile his ideals against the worst of humanity and not giveng up. He's not just op, he's an ideal we the readers should strive for.
That's why Zod is a shitty villain, because he's usually written as just a strong guy and not the tactical genius he's supposed to be, superman doesn't work if you just pit him against a strong guy because then he just comes across as wanky
>>
>>78275757
>Is supposed to be the mary sue of steel

Fuck that. Its inherently shitty. Nothing inspiring about that. Being powerful but limited and written reasonable is better. Because hed never give up even if he cant save everyone. Thats more inspiring to people than just a guy who saves everyone.
>>
>>78267446
>he never abuses his power, he's a total bro and a role model
it's boring
Don't we get enough of assholes abusing whatever pitiful power they have at the drop of a hat enough in real life?
>>
>>78268948
>not man_of_murder.webm
>>
>>78269431
Perfect
>>
File: samurai.jpg (202 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
samurai.jpg
202 KB, 1600x1200
>>78267174
He is quite literally the 'masterrace'.
>>
>>78269258
>I don't have a problem with the neck snap, I just wish the setup was better
are you me? Ive been saying this since day one, but people still cant explain why that scene had to be so shit
>>
>>78273424
>>78267395
Man I love having the same stories rebooted constantly
Thanks capeshit
>>
File: happy.png (52 KB, 184x184) Image search: [Google]
happy.png
52 KB, 184x184
>tfw i was in the same guild as superman
>>
>>78267446
A broll model, if you will
>>
File: 1359530825195.jpg (131 KB, 865x1600) Image search: [Google]
1359530825195.jpg
131 KB, 865x1600
>tfw I had to be born in an era of edgy cunts who hate Superman and take pride in "offending" people on Facebook
>>
>>78267826
That would be great if only to see the reaction.
>>
>>78267174
It's not current and the point of it is to show what Superman could do if he wasn't a good farmboy in order to make the real Superman even more appreciated.
>>
File: 9455470_orig.png (2 MB, 1100x780) Image search: [Google]
9455470_orig.png
2 MB, 1100x780
>>78275594
I love All-Star Superman but it absolutely ruined how people think of Superman.

ASS is Superman at the END of his career, and it's a tribute to Silver Age Superman, not the end-all be-all Superman.

"Superman always finds a way" is exactly as bad as Batgod, and even Morrison himself used a flawed Superman in his JLA.

Stop pretending you're an expert on Superman because you've read a couple OGNs published less than a decade ago, you sound like fucking Max Landis.

>>78275641
Way to miss the point. Oh, Superman stopped Zod from killing that particular person, Superman wins and Zod is defeated! The entire point of the scene was to illustrate that Zod will never stop fighting and will continue trying to kill as many people as he can until Superman gives in. Superman's code to never take a life was impeding his vow to use his power to protect everyone. This whole scene was an incredibly unsubtle metaphor to beat the audience over the head with the idea that humanity was more important to Superman than his own soul.

It's funny how the people who constantly criticize these stories don't seem to have even a basic grasp on storytelling.
>>
>>78272503
People have posted hundreds of reasons. There have been entire threads full of them. CONSTANT threads, for years, ever since MoS hit and it became fashionable for delusional idiots to samefag "Hey man I just saw MoS and it was actually really good! Pay no heed to how this post is exactly the same as my last one!" threads.

If you believe none of these reasons have ever been stated, you are one of those delusional idiots, and most of /co/ is tired of dealing with you at this point.
Thread replies: 96
Thread images: 18

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.