[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does /co/ think of the Hellraiser comics?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
File: Hellraiser_V1_TPB_CVR[1].jpg (119 KB, 400x600) Image search: [Google]
Hellraiser_V1_TPB_CVR[1].jpg
119 KB, 400x600
What does /co/ think of the Hellraiser comics?
>>
>>78265108
they are quite fun, despite that usual storyline in most stories is the same: be bad person, find the box, be dragged to hell, the end
>>
>>78265875
How are the older comic compared to the newer ones?
>>
>>78265881
I have read only handful of those newer comics. In my opinion they are bad story- and very bad lorewise. Old ones also have better graphics, much more "mystical" to my taste, which is nice when dealing with eldritch horrors rather than "hellish superheroes and brave detectives".
>>
>>78265892
That's a shame considering Barker was directly involved with the newer ones. Though I suppose the classic Cenobites weren't really all that bad in the end.
>>
File: 1325139333544.jpg (45 KB, 408x459) Image search: [Google]
1325139333544.jpg
45 KB, 408x459
Better than the movie sequels. Not that it means anything.

The whole series went to shit once it mutated into Pinhead : The Slasher
>>
>>78265908
Classic Cenobites are very alluring as a concept, especially if you take away any notions of Labirynth being "hell" and just use cenobites as they were created: "explorers of the further reaches of experience", not "demons who want to damn everything".

In one of the later story arcs in "old comics" cenobites are trying to balance the world. While some of them do that by building concentration camps and religious fundamentalism, others are inspiring scientists to create more efficient drugs or put an end to racial conflicts. It's fun to read.
>>
>>78265964
What about bestiary? Is it just more of the same?
>>
>>78265970
Wasn't Cenobites just the magical muted guys that adored masochism?
>>
>>78265908
Barker resents them now and it shows in his work. Check out a synopsis of The Scarlet Gospels, it's just terrible.
>>
>>78266021
The Cenobites are the lords of the Labyrinth empowered by the god of flesh and desire Leviathan.
>>
>>78266021
well, you can define them like that
but there are cenobites whose "experience" is much more intellectual than carnal, and who spend most of their time in meditation or calculating mathematical equations
>>
>>78266037
Speaking of, is there a /co/ recommended Clive Barker reading list?
>>
>>78266037
Damn, I just read that. It's as shit as any shit could be. Shame.
>>
>>78266037
Hahaha Pinhead and Lucifer have a DBZ lazer fight. It's awful.
>>78266081
Bookwise?
Books of Blood
Hellbound Heart
Cabal
The Damnation Game
>>
>>78266235
Nah comicwise.

Bookwise his recommended reading is fairly common knowledge.
>>
File: Laughing-Tom-Cruise-Gif-14.png (749 KB, 950x608) Image search: [Google]
Laughing-Tom-Cruise-Gif-14.png
749 KB, 950x608
>>78266235
>Hahaha Pinhead and Lucifer have a DBZ lazer fight. It's awful.
Wait what. That doesn't sound awful, that sounds amazing.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.