[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Marvel's got fucking Civil War 2 and Apocalypse Wars going
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 5
File: 1684335-kingdom_come_1600x1200.jpg (486 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
1684335-kingdom_come_1600x1200.jpg
486 KB, 1600x1200
Marvel's got fucking Civil War 2 and Apocalypse Wars going on in 2016.

What the hell does DC have in the pipeline to counter that?

They need a HUGE fucking crossover to kill off the last bit of SJW taint from DCYou. A massive, company wide X-Over, NO ONE IS EXEMPT (meaning Snyder has to get on his knees and suck X-Over cock, same with Stewart, Johns, and all of the other big name writers: sucking X-Over cock and bragging about how awesome it is to eat cum and have X-Over dick in their mouths).

Something where ALL of the books are affect, all existing storylines are killed in it's tracks in order to give the shit huge importance and scope.

Best thing I can think of is for them to do a Nu-Kingdom Come. Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman comes from the Future to kill Captain Atom, to stop Kingdom Come from happening as far as killing Captain Atom means that he won't be around for Magog to cut open and nuke Kansas.

JLI reform to save Captain Atom, we get Superman vs Superman, Wonder Woman vs Wonder Woman, Batman vs Batman, as they accidentally cause the creation of Magog and Magog opting to kill himself to save Captain Atom.

In the process a huge time storm happens as a result, causing the future and past to collide as an evil Captain Marvel leads the Teen Titans of the future into the present to nuke Kansas with a bomb so future NuKC Lex Luthor can get his revenge by wiping out both past and future Superman.
>>
>>78263779
>They need a HUGE fucking crossover to kill off the last bit of SJW taint from DCYou. A massive, company wide X-Over, NO ONE IS EXEMPT

I'm going indie. I don't need this shit in my life
>>
>>78263779

DC at the moment doesn't seem to be that interested in doing big crossovers. Which is good because Marvel's constant crossovers are almost always shit and you're getting spared that if you read DC, where they mostly do thematic family book crossovers that tend to be small but fun enough thematically.
>>
Dunno.

Which DC event creates as much as hype between casuals like Civil War does?

Or they need some shit with Superman going evil, and not just becoming an empty threat like in Injustice, but a real frightening monster that menaces Earth and it's population, with the heroes uniting against him. Superman taking some heroes lives and having Batman and WW fighting against him is like one of the hypest things the casuals love.
>>
>>78263818
>Indie
>Literally SJW comics
Enjoy Ody-C and Bitch Planet faggot
If you are a grill pls be in london
>>
>>78263864

The thing is, it doesn´t matter if the events are shit, they sell, and that's what matters in the end.

If DC don´t get their numbers up, they are going to dun goofed.
>>
File: spectre v3 62-01.jpg (315 KB, 984x1521) Image search: [Google]
spectre v3 62-01.jpg
315 KB, 984x1521
Spectre realizes that Nu52 and everthing afterwards caused the murder of any entire multiverse and now seeks justice for what was done

Written by Morrison
>>
>>78263932
Barry Allen and Hal Jordan pay for their crimes in Zero Hour and Flashpoint, Geoff Johns gets so mad he starts leaking cereal from his mouth
>>
>>78263906

Final Crisis II. This time, its Hypertime
>>
>>78263779
Why on earth would anyone went this? Also nice fanfiction.
>>
>>78263779
>What the hell does DC have in the pipeline to counter that?

lol season 3 of flash and arrow

lol
>>
>>78263779
That sounds really fucking bad OP.
We don't need huge X-Over cock. It's my main gripe with Marvel right now. If DC can avoid that, good.
>>
>>78263818
>I'm going indie. I don't need this shit in my life
Good choice anon. I've become much happier with collecting comics once I switched to mostly image on my pull list. Even mini crossovers kill my boner for cape comics, which is why I dropped reading all my Superman titles when I saw the Savage Dawn crossover coming up.

Just don't read anything by the female writers at Image, their books are complete shit and pretentious as fuck.
>>
>They need a HUGE fucking crossover to kill off the last bit of SJW taint from DCYou.
It's people like you who make people with families and social lives ashamed to admit that they read comics.

Saged and reported.
>>
Bloodlines 2 is the obvious choice for the next event
>>
File: 1447537584957.png (36 KB, 709x723) Image search: [Google]
1447537584957.png
36 KB, 709x723
>>78264025
>Just don't read anything by the female writers at Image, their books are complete shit and pretentious as fuck.
Apparently you haven't read my book. It's pretty cute and got some badass gun girls.
>>
I much preferred the way DC handled Forever Evil. 4 minis and the only main books effected were JL and JLA

Nobody gave a fuck about the dark line. So don't bother bringing that up
>>
>>78264063
or they can reveal the earths that weren't shown in Multiversity
>>
>>78264050
>It's people like you who make people with families and social lives ashamed to admit that they read comics.

2 kids and wife here. Can confirm
>>
>>78264094
>2 kids and wife here
Are they hams?
>>
>>78264089

They're doing that. Booster Gold and Blue Bettle dimension hopping should be a 52 part weekly. But if DC wants to make money it should be Batman
>>
>>78263818
Sometimes people like OP make me feel the same way, but luckily I derive my pleasure from comics more in reading them than discussing them so I don't have to deal with continuity/lore autists if I don't want to. Anyway I recommend Sheriff of Babylon and Black Magick, both new series off to great starts so you don't have a lot of catching up to do.
>>
>>78264089
I think one of the earths should have all thier war characters
>>
>>78264102

I don't know what that means
>>
>>78264110
Black Magick was very meh. Maybe I just don't like Crime Noir, not even the Supernatural aspects held my interest.
>>
>>78264114
Confirmed for hams.
>>
File: 1448932979785.gif (1 MB, 260x195) Image search: [Google]
1448932979785.gif
1 MB, 260x195
>>78263779
>It's a reverse troll thread praising DC for not stooping to Marvel's level

I see you, OP.
>>
>>78264064
Name?
>>
>>78264064

And who would you be and which book is that you´re talking about?
>>
>>78264064
L O N D O N
O
N
D
O
N
>>
>>78263932
Start with the pre 52 Vic Sage becoming self conscious and coming up with a theory of an upcoming corporate conspiracy about Barry and being a pawn for something evil that's about to happen. He gets called crazy, but only Montoya believes in him before they kill him off with cancer.
>>
>>78263779
Kingdom come already has a sequel.
>>
>>78264064
Literally who?
>>78264050
>>78264094
I know, ugh ... it is SO problematic
>>
>>78263932
Johns has too much weight to let that happen, and Morrison is not doing in continuity shit anymore. Hal and barry dindu nothing, they are good boys
>>
>>78264025
I used to say what the fuck is Image anyway, and then I realized a big chunk of the stuff I buy is from them. Granted I don't get much comics these days but still.
And then there's DH.
>>
>>78263913
I read Hellboy, Prophet, Autumnlands, Rumble, most of Valiant, Kindt's creator owned stuff, and others. There are a lot of poor quality works at image for sure that mainly run on a single concept for a sci-fi story or setting, and then run out of steam quickly. Not everything is like that, though.
>>
>>78264081
Hey Blight was an okay crossover. Quite decompressed, but DeMatteis was writing two of those titles and did them well in it. Phantom Stranger especially was quite a fine title.
>>
>>78263779
>>78263779
DC is dead man
>>
>>78264644
>autumnlands
>rumble
those were such disappointments
>>
>>78263779
With the way things are currently, a Kheran/Daemonite conflict with Earth in the middle might work. The US government decides to finally put Majestic into action since Superman is de-powered. Establishes a "Wildcat" team to be the government sponsored response to the JL. Helspot comes back to collect his investment on Earth. Kheran decides to intervene. Majestic turns out to be Khera's sleeper agent(no surprise there) who was put on Earth so that Earth scientists would boost his powers with their experiments. Earth heroes help the Kherans push back the Daemonites. Kherans decide they don't wanna leave Earth and decides to annex it as part of the Kheran empire. Earth heroes lead a revolt, Shazam, Supes and Apollo fight a 3 way battle with Majestic...and so on. That's my shitty dream/fanfic.
>>
>>78264826
Really? Rumble is mostly a showcase of Harren's art to be sure, but it's a good one at that. And what's bad about Autumnlands? It's basically Kurt Busiek doing a 2000s Conan-style take on Kamandi, I love it.
>>
>>78264840
Too late for any depowered Superman stories, March solicits he has his powers back.
>>
>>78264855
They're both really boring
>>
>>78264840
>DC needs to pry itself out of a hole
>Implying Wildstorm IPs can be the crowbar to do that with

Dude, Wildstorm properties have repeatedly failed whenever DC has tried 'em. None of them were successes, even the actually good ones like Midnighter.

>>78264862
What do you mean by that?
>>
>>78264860
Ah well, it isn't like DC would even consider doing anything this asinine anyways. But it's something I think about sometimes.
>>
>>78264868
they bore me
>>
>>78264868
Yeah, and it's just so sad.
>>
>>78263779
as ab X-fag I can tell you that Apocalypse Wars will be weak. Civil War will be retarded. Marvel never delivers on their events, but they always tease.

Anything else you want to say?
>>
>>78263779
>kill off the last bit of SJW taint
Huh?
Feels like there's more SJW pandering than ever now. Or at least they haven't reversed many of their decisions
>>
>>78264855
Autumnlands is taking too long to actually get somewhere. I still enjoy it, but man, it's not the most riveting comic out there.
>>
What artist would be worthy for such an epic event besides Ross or Capullo? It's not like this shit can carry itself with a story or narrative like non-capeshit can.
>>
File: ManapulSupermanBatman.jpg (195 KB, 500x758) Image search: [Google]
ManapulSupermanBatman.jpg
195 KB, 500x758
>>78266320
Manapul. Probably fucked up his name but whatever
>>
I would just not buy DC for a couple of months if they did that, just like Convergence.
>>
>>78266320
Paulo Rivera
>>
>>78266320
Fabok nigga
>>
>>78263979
under-rated kekpost
>>
>>78264081
But that's wrong
Phantom Stranger was fucking great and Blight killed it
>>
>Before Watchmen was a success
>Sandman Overture was a success
>DK3 was a success

V for Vengeance when?

those Moore tears would be delicious
Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.