[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Dan Slott’s Spider-Man: Bailed out by kid after ignorance risked
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 4
File: asm4-goblins.jpg (143 KB, 640x599) Image search: [Google]
asm4-goblins.jpg
143 KB, 640x599
http://douglasernstblog.com/2015/12/09/dan-slotts-spider-man-bailed-out-by->kid-after-ignorance-risked-lives/

Normally I agree with this guy's perceptions of ASM under Slott, but I admit I took the latest issue at face vale. I thought Peter was joking when he offered the goblins money, but it does seem to be hellishly (see that?) out of character.

And the fact that they were threatening may, dropping bombs all around her, shit, that should have put Peter in seek to maim mode, take of the kiddy gloves. Slott's Parker is inconsistent.

What are your thoughts on the review, and the latest issue of Amazing Spider-Man, /co/mrades? On the whole, I'm enjoying Spider-Man's exploits, but hesitantly waiting to see how Slott fucks up Peters life again.
>>
Post the whole thing here, I ain't opening up a link.
>>
>OOPS! THAT PAGE CAN’T BE FOUND.
Well, I tried.
>>
>>78252454
>>78252522
>Years ago this blog mentioned that some comic book superheroes are meant for war zones, and some are meant for city streets. Dan Slott’s writing proved that observation yet again in the fourth issue of The Amazing Spider-Man.
>Imagine you’re in a crowd of people when bombs start falling all around you. Terrorists with high-powered rifles and explosives fly through the air on military-grade gliders. A friendly aircraft swoops in and you think you’re saved, but it turns out the “hero” only armed it with web shooters that must be fired perfectly at multiple targets to stop the carnage.
>Predictably, the “hero” is shot down, but by the grace of God the aircraft does not careen into the crowd of people he was supposed to be saving.
>That, my friends, is Dan Slott’s Spider-Man.
It was pretty short sighted. But then, people would be accused him of being TOO prepared. Like Batman. Spidey's ingenuity shows in his ability to think on his feet, but he wouldn't have to get in so many bad places if he (the writer) actually thought.

>Now imagine that said “hero” pulls himself from the twisted wreckage of his multi-million-dollar airborne web-shooter to return to the fight. Outnumbered and armed only with his wits, his response is to ask if his bloated bank account might convince them to “switch sides” (Spider-Justice does not require them to be held liable for dropping bombs on innocent civilians moments earlier.)

>When that doesn’t work, the hero is stumped. Luckily, a small child from a third-world country happens to be on hand to indirectly suggest he use surrounding technology (his own, no less) to create an electromagnetic device.

>That, my friends, is Dan Slott’s Spider-Man.

>The Amazing Spider-Man #4 is a great read …if you enjoy seeing a hero escape a daunting situation created solely because of his own ignorance.

(cont.)
>>
>>78252656
>The Amazing Spider-Man #4 is a great read … if you enjoy the hero written as less quick-witted than usual so that a more socially conscious message can take center stage: There are really smart children in third-world countries who could thrive if only we could find a way to give them “free” access to western technology.

>To recap:
>A quixotic superhero needlessly risks the lives of the people he is supposed to save.
> The superhero attempts to pay off terrorists because he believes he can out-bid their current employer.
> A child tells the superhero the best course of action for saving the day.

>Readers who have been following the story know that this comes as S.H.I.E.L.D. was planning to mount a world-wide assault on a terrorist network known as Zodiac. Peter, who was supposed to take part in the mission, bails when he realizes Aunt May and her fellow volunteers in the nation of Nadua are under attack at a charity event.

>Who was behind the terror attack in Nadua? What consequences will there be for Peter Parker due to neglecting his commitments to S.H.I.E.L.D? Find out in two weeks if Dan Slott’s Spider-Man doesn’t get himself and those under his watch all killed.
Share this:
>>
>>78252656
>>Years ago this blog mentioned that some comic book superheroes are meant for war zones, and some are meant for city streets. Dan Slott’s writing proved that observation yet again in the fourth issue of The Amazing Spider-Man.
Referring to this http://douglasernstblog.com/2012/06/23/dan-slotts-spider-man-worlds-dumbest-super-hero/
and this http://douglasernstblog.com/2012/05/25/spider-man-warzone-liability-thinks-small-in-big-situations/, I think.
>>
File: dan-slott-charlie-brown.jpg (96 KB, 640x456) Image search: [Google]
dan-slott-charlie-brown.jpg
96 KB, 640x456
>>78252714
Drive the point home

>Who knew that a man could try to drop a bomb on Aunt May’s head one minute, and then get an offer to join the Parker Industries’ payroll the next — by none other than Peter Parker
>>
When did Peter Parker become so evil to want to hire murders? Is he going to try and hire Carnage and Purple Man next?
>>
>>78252762
So we need Peter to be an idiot? I don't get it.
>>
>>78253738
Stupid people can't write intelligent characters.
>>
>>78253738
No, people want good writing. Character growing. Change. Progression.

Marvel thinks we need Slott and role change between Peter and Tony.
>>
Anyone got K-Box's reaction to this shit?

He's gone pretty much off the grid, since Superior Spider-Man ended with his rantings and ravings. Did Slott and company cause him to drop dead from a stress induced heart attack?
>>
>>78253964
Given the photos of him that float around, I'm shocked he hasn't had a heart attack period. Dude makes Movie Bob look like a pillar of health.
>>
>>78252656
>Imagine you’re in a crowd of people when bombs start falling all around you. Terrorists with high-powered rifles and explosives fly through the air on military-grade gliders. A friendly aircraft swoops in and you think you’re saved, but it turns out the “hero” only armed it with web shooters that must be fired perfectly at multiple targets to stop the carnage.
This is thinking too hard.
>When that doesn’t work, the hero is stumped. Luckily, a small child from a third-world country happens to be on hand to indirectly suggest he use surrounding technology (his own, no less) to create an electromagnetic device.
This, however is not, because it's idiotic for Peter to not be able to figure out to do that on his own, because he is a top-tier genius in the Marvel universe. Slott is a hack.
>>
>>78253964
No, he's still around on Twitter and wherever he wasn't banned from. And he didn't stop after Superior ended, he was complaining about Slott's take on Silk around the time of Spider-Verse IIRC.
>>
>>78253738

Slott=BAD don't think about it, welcome to /co/
>>
>>78253964
Who is K-Box?
>>
>>78254183
Don't say his name. He might be lurking here and we'll have to deal with him filibustering and posting his sick deviant custom drawn Aunt May nude pics.
>>
Why would anyone still be reading Spider-Man?
>>
>>78253964
>>78254033
>>78254051
>K-Box
Oh god, no.
>>
>>78254183
Autist who fapped to Spider-Man with micro penis art while he got cucked by Luke Cage and Venom (sometimes even fucked) while MJ or Black Cat made fun and humiliated him for his small penis.

At some point he talked shit about Slott and Slott sent Marvel's legal team after him because he is that petty.
>>
>>78254236
He's a big brand.
>>
File: 1423868765870.jpg (68 KB, 643x545) Image search: [Google]
1423868765870.jpg
68 KB, 643x545
>>78254299
>At some point he talked shit about Slott and Slott sent Marvel's legal team after him because he is that petty.

Oh yeah, that incident.
>>
>>78254345
UUUU
>>
>>78254366
T'was a death threat to Slott's creativity and inteligeness! The worst crime! Against the freedom of Slott's speech!
>>
>>78254214
Yeah, because that's the part you should be hating.

>>78254299
>Slott sent Marvel's legal team after him
Good.
>>
>>78254299
Actually what happened was that one of his cronies gave him the link to the Scanbro thread where he posted ASM #700 on 4chan.

The guy went full tilt mental and posted the ENTIRE issue onto his facebook page, while screaming for everyone in earshot to spread the shit and declaring full on JIHAD on Marvel, Dan Slott, Tom Brevoort, and everyone at Marvel for the issue.

Shit got so bad, that Brevoort had to call the newspaper he worked at* and threaten to sue him into oblivion if he didn't remove the scans.

*Yes, he works at a small town newspaper. I'm shocked that his perverted sexual desires have not gotten him fired since I doubt most people would want to employ a freak who freely boasts online about spending his salary on micro penis men and naked elderly women artwork.
>>
>>78254214
He's always been on /co/. In fact I wouldn't be surprised if it was him partly responsible for the loud complaints on ASM #700 and Superior at first.

I remember when he posted every page of ASM #700 up on flickr because he thought it was the worst Spider-Man story he'd read.
>>
>>78254439
>*Yes, he works at a small town newspaper. I'm shocked that his perverted sexual desires have not gotten him fired since I doubt most people would want to employ a freak who freely boasts online about spending his salary on micro penis men and naked elderly women artwork.
Shit, I'm not a fan of Brevoort or Slott, but I'm glad some big wig called the fuck out on his shit.

A course, I jack it to futa and traps, so do I have a step to stand on?
>>
>>78254430
>Good.

It sounds like it but I can't tell who to believe in this case.
>>
>>78252431
>Slott's Parker is inconsisten
Peter Parker is inconsistent as fuck as a whole, not just under Slott.
>>
>>78254606
That doesn't make it okay.
>>
>>78254476
That would make sense because Superior Spider-Man was the only good Spider-Man book since OMD.
>>
http://www.avclub.com/article/yumi-sakugawas-sublime-ikebana-takes-full-advantag-225049
>It was done prior to my work at the AV Club and under a pseudonym (because I was getting a lot of threats at the time) so I'm not going to link to it. But I wrote about the "Doc Ock in Peter's body maybe assaulting a woman" issue (as part of a larger piece) and he came into the comments section and harassed me for almost a full week, calling me horrific names and bullying me. He threatened my job multiple times. Best part: some if it was apparently while he was at the Marvel writer's retreat.
>I personally know at least two other women who he's done the same thing to, including threatening to dox them. I'm not going to share their stories (because it's not my place) but he's someone that, when a lot of women enter the industry, they're told not to write about because he's more of a pain in the ass than he's worth, a lot like Chris Sims. That's not a reputation you earn by chance.
>>He has a history of harrassing (mostly female) reviewers and critics that don't like his stuff. Following them around and threatening their jobs, making wild accusations, etc.
>>
>>78252431
>I thought Peter was joking when he offered the goblins money, but it does seem to be hellishly (see that?) out of character.

Spiderman throwing semi-appropriate quips during battels? Yeah, totally OOC.
>>
>>78255092
Nah. But Dying Wish and like maybe the first year at most was better than anything Slott wrote after the end of Spider-Island.
>>
Isn't this the guy who still complains about OMD as if it was yesterday?
>>
I feel like heroes like Spider-Man, Hawkeye, Iron Man, Scott Lang and Starlord are being written as dumber as its more appealing to the female demographic.
>>
>>78252656
>>The Amazing Spider-Man #4 is a great read …if you enjoy seeing a hero escape a daunting situation created solely because of his own ignorance.
Wow so they really did turn him into Tony Stark
>>
I read a few articles on this guys blog, he is more obsessed with Slott than Slott is with blocking people. Seriously, he complains that spider-man was hesitant on acid-boarding sandman during ends of the earth. He also complained about Spencers cap, not realizing that sons of serpents have always been a racist group, and he threw a bitch fit that Slot retweeted this because it mocked christians. He seems borderline /pol/ tier.
>>
>>78255833
No, Spider-Man being aofuckingK when Aunt May's life is in immediate danger. By people looking like the Green Goblin tossing bombs at her, no less.
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.