[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why does Jane ever transform back into herself from being Thor,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2
File: New-Thor-d687c (1).jpg (47 KB, 250x385) Image search: [Google]
New-Thor-d687c (1).jpg
47 KB, 250x385
Why does Jane ever transform back into herself from being Thor, anyway? If the change resets her body and eliminates any treatment she goes through, why not just stay Thor until she doesn't have that option anymore, and then try dealing with the cancer afterwards?

Why did she keep her identity secret as long as she did, anyway? Why is this story seemingly so half thought out? There's nothing wrong with the idea of a lady with Thor's power (it's happened more than once before), or it being Jane, or the fact that she might have cancer when not in literal Godmode, but everything about the execution has been so shitty with all this "mystery" that serves as more obfuscation than intrigue and an approach to a female hero that has had about all the eloquence of hitting someone in the face with a giant fried turkey leg
>>
>>78251652
>Why is this story seemingly so half thought out?
Because it was. I guarantee you that they still haven't come up with a reason for Thor suddenly becoming unworthy.
>>
>>78252450
Pretty much this to be honest family.
>>
did we get an explanation of why she's "worthy"?
>>
>>78251652
I don't know OP, I don't read this comic book.
>>
>>78252450
Thor gave her cancer and couldn't save her, will eventually cure her and be worthy again but in need of a sex change.
>>
>>78251652

Because "WHO KNEW DYING COULD BE THIS MUCH FUN"
>>
>>78251652
Why doesn't she just take the goddamn magic cure that Thor offered her? Or at the very least fly to Wakanda and ask Panther if the could spare a little of their cure?
>>
>>78252777
Didn't Thor already offer her a cure which she refused because she found it unethical or some shit?
>>
Remember when Thor was a crippled kid?
>>
>>78252892
Because interconnected universes fuck up storytelling
though Wakanda would probably just laugh at her
>>
>>78253065
>kid
No?
>>
File: t.jpg (23 KB, 259x251) Image search: [Google]
t.jpg
23 KB, 259x251
>>78252892
>Wakanda
>Helping whitey
>>
>>78252912
What?
>>
>>78252912
Thor offered to use Asgard medicine to cure her years ago and she declined for some stupid bullshit we-need-drama reason which is another reason having Jane as Whor is completely stupid
>>
>>78253518
Why does that negro have the flag of Portugal in his turban?
>>
>>78253677
Long story.
>>
>>78253677

t. Alberto Barbosa
>>
>>78253803
>>78253763
???
>>
>>78251652
If that's the case why doesn't the hammer get rid of her cancer when she transforms?
>>78253668
It's complete bullshit and it's offensive to people with cancer. For fucks sake that's like asking someone with AIDS if they would want to get rid of it, even bug chasers would want that so they could get it all over again.
>>
>>78253361
Sorry
>young med student

My point stands, he had a shit leg. Why not always be Thor and walk around - rather than depending on canes, crutches, wheelchairs, etc.
>>
>>78253864
/int/ meme
>>
>>78253677
Because he was King n' shit.
>>
>>78253958
>Why not always be Thor and walk around - rather than depending on canes, crutches, wheelchairs, etc.
Because see, with the the bum leg he has an excuse for having a cane, which also conveniently doubles as a secret Mjolnir so he can change when need be. It's like if Matt Murdock turned into Daredevil by using a walking stick, it adds to the disguise/alter ego.

Requiring that Mjolnir come to you, from possibly a long far off and even unavailable to reach you due to strong enough walls, before you can change, while each change prolongs your cancer which for some reason the Hammer can't purge, when you have the option to remove your cancer made readily available to you but you refuse...that's retarded. That's monumentally stupid on both grounds.
>>
>>78251652
>Why is this story seemingly so half thought out?

Considering they debuted this new run on the View, they wanted to appeal to diversity by making a female Thor first and figuring out how to put her in later. The whole mystery nonsense was most likely to pad out time for ideas, seeing as how Jane doesn't need to wear a mask because Mjolnir changes her appearance anyway.

Like, I have no problem with Falcon as Cap, because they've been best friends for years and it's reasonable for him to take up a role. Miles is fine, too, because he's more of a replacement Spider-Man after the original died (although he still needs some more characterization). Ms. Marvel is her own character now, similar to Carol in name only. But when you have to jump through hoops in order to have a different Thor just for the sake of being different, it just feels wrong.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.