[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do I need to watch Arrow to watch this? Cause I hear Arrow is
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 4
File: the-flash.png (1 MB, 1200x670) Image search: [Google]
the-flash.png
1 MB, 1200x670
Do I need to watch Arrow to watch this? Cause I hear Arrow is pretty shit
>>
Yes.
>>
File: no.jpg (187 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
no.jpg
187 KB, 1920x1080
>>78248928
>>
Not at all.
>>
Just the crossover episodes and even then you don't really need lasts season's. This year the crossover was actually a two part story though.
>>
>>78248928
Just the episodes that introduce Barry Allen and the crossover episodes.
>>
Not really and yes, Arrow is trash.
>>
>>78249277
So is flash but people still watch it
>>
>>78249296
The fun in Flash outweights the bad stuff.
>>
>>78249331
No it really doesn't
>Fun
thanks for not having an actual compliment for the show
>>
>>78248928
Well, both it and Arrow are better than Jessica Jones, if you need a point of comparison.
>>
>>78249353
Yes, it does.

Okay, have a compliment then. The OST is fantastic.
>>
Nope. At least I didnt. There's a little crossover but nothing was really lost on me. The Flash is awesome, btw. A lot of fun.
>>
>>78249380
>Still cant find something good to say about the actual show

>>78249402
>A lot of fun.
Literally no one on this board can find an actual compliment for it other than buzzwords
>its comicbooky
>its fun
>it appeals to comic fans
>>
>>78249423
You know, we can see what you're trying to do, and it isn't funny in the slightest.
>>
>>78249423
Dude, "Fun" IS a compliment. Not everything has to be a fucking arthouse masterpiece
>>
>>78249423
The OST is part of the show my friend, but I'll go on if you want. Special effects are great for a tv show and especially for a smaller network like CW.
>>
>>78248928
No, but you should, specially the episode where barry appears for the first time.
>>
>>78249448
I'm looking for an actual compliment of the show, something you people can't come up with

>>78249450
Its not, its a buzzowrd used when you can't find anything positive about it

>>78249455
OST is trash and you have bad taste.

> Special effects are great for a tv show
Atom smasher begs to differ
>>
>>78249496
>OST is trash and you have bad taste.
Wow, rude.

You a rude boy.
>>
>>78249496
You probably don't even know what OST means, shitposter.
>>
>>78249496
Okay: Tom Cavanagh and Jesse L. Martin are both great and it takes totally outlandish stuff from the comic books and makes it work, instead of sweeping it under the rug.
>>
>>78249496
Some of the guest stars have been great! Love Robert Knepper as Clock King and Wentworth Miller as Captain Cold.
>>
>>78250371
>Outlandish stuff from the comic books and makes it work,
it doesn't
also no other DC show or movie sweep comic stuff under the rug
Before man of steel the only movie to have a very powerfull hero shown was GL and he wen't into space and showed alot of constructs
>Inb4 this retard brings up arrow or nolans Batman

>>78250391
>Love Robert Knepper as Clock King
He was better on arrow by a mile
>>
>>78248928
Arrow is pretty shit
Flash is shit as well but its more campy so it takes stupid shit in stride and the interactions between the main characters are really interesting, namely Reverse Flash and Flash. But fuck Iris
It's also Grodd, Gorilla City and King Shark in live action, and thats something we'll never see in the DC movies.
Also the Trickster episodes are pretty GOAT with Hammil reprising his role from the old flash show
>>
>>78249496
calling something a "buzzword" is what you do when you can't find anything negative about it
>>
>>78250466
He did have that cool scene with the minute hand on Arrow, but I feel he had more to work with and interact on Flash. I loved the scene where he patched Eddie up after Joe indulged him with his "time trivia." Knepper does a great job balancing Tockman as sympathetic and slightly unhinged.
>>
>>78250627
god comic fans today are so fucking spoiled it's unbelievable. the flash isn't shit, you wanna see shit, whatch the 90s Flash show. we have it too good these days and no one appreciates. it. now we get to have a movie with superman and batman in it and all anyone can do is moan how shit it was. niggers if that was announced 20 years ago you'd all be shitting your pants in excitement. actually you just wouldn't be able to believe it
>>
>>78250673
Fun is a buzzowrd
comicbooky is a buzzword
come up with actual compliments
>>
File: King_Shark.gif (1 MB, 245x180) Image search: [Google]
King_Shark.gif
1 MB, 245x180
>>78249496
>Atom Smasher begs to differ
Yeah, this season has been having some weird af CG
Gorilla Grodd, especially went from 'The 100'-tier impressive to live-action Oozaru
And yet between A Smasher and Grodd, that King Shark was amazing
>>
>>78250703
We should judge Television quality by its contemporaries instead of shows made 20 years ago. Capeshit doesn't get a quality handicap just because its cape shit, it should be judged like any other show
I like it, but outside of comic book stuff, Flash is padding the rest of its episodes with the same soap opera shit we've seen before
>>
>>78250757
King shark had a 12 second scene
>>
>>78250757
They should have just made Grodd a suit
Maybe tweak facial stuff in post, but gorilla suits are pretty fucking common and easy to look good
>>
>>78249423
>>A lot of fun.
>Literally no one on this board can find an actual compliment for it other than buzzwords
>>its comicbooky
>>its fun
>>it appeals to comic fans

Sorry I didnt get as in depth as you would like, my good man. I see you're a true, pedantic, patrician. Much respect for mucking about here with us. The Flash is not The Sopranos, Mad Men, The Wire, etc. It's not an existentially resonant, perfect piece of art. It is however a lot of...FUN. Which is to say, it's an enjoyable watch. The show runners and writers really 'get' the audience and give us what we want. Yeah, comic-booky action and ridiculousness, pseudo-science and cheesy, herioic and villainous moments, anchored by endearing performances from Gustin, Martin, and especially Cavanagh. We're on a comic book board right now, btw, not r/truefilm, so it is important to note that it's just really satisfying to see so many characters one would never imagine to see on live action television so lovingly rendered. It's clear that the production really cares about the material and makes it work very well within limited budgetary means. For the most part the action and effects are really impressive. Additionally, there's some pathos and heart in a number of plots. Themes like a father son relationship are really poignant.
>>
>>78250731
>people actually use "fun is a buzzword" unironically now
>>
>>78250817

>unironically enjoying things

>2016

anon pls
>>
>>78249496
"trash" is a non-indicative nonsense phrase.
>>
>>78250766
well ,that's the fault of the flash as a character really. i mean he's a pretty cool guy, but heis JUST capeshit. with batman or daredevil you can make a crime drama, with superman you can make SF with aliens and ships and shit, wonder woman can be about ancient mythology, guardians were a space opera, doctor strange can be a supernatural horror, you can do all sorts of stuff with superheroes. but what CAN you really do with the flash? he runs fast and catches bad guys, he's the flash. i guess he time travels occasionally but i personally despise time travel, ruins any show it's introduced to
>>
>>78250836
We aint in 2016 yet buddy.
>>
>>78250817
>He atually thinks fun isn't a fucking buzzword

>>78250810
>The show runners and writers really 'get' the audience and give us what we want. Yeah, comic-booky
stopped reading, this is fucking sad
>>
>>78250892
>>The show runners and writers really 'get' the audience and give us what we want. Yeah, comic-booky
>stopped reading, this is fucking sad

You trolled me, and this thread, but good, sir. Really impressive stuff today.
>>
>>78250892
What's the point in arguing this, boss? You know these views are entirely subjective I'm sure. Are you going to explain anything or just turn around and shoot everything that disagrees with you down?
>>
>>78250892
people like the flash. they want to see flash do flashy things. the show gives them that. what else can the show do. what arc is it supposed to invent to make the character more than he is?
>>
>>78250862
Theres still the cop aspect of it
But still, capeshit can still be well written. It doesn't have to be SUPER revolutionary, but it can avoid the pitfalls of shows before it instead of lazily doing the same thing
>>
>>78251076
you can have a really good show on HBo or Netlix, occasionally on Showtime and Starz. this is the best it can be on the CW. meaningless relationship drama is the lifeblood of the CW, it's just how it is
>>
>>78248928
Nah, Arrow's so much better than shitty Flash, avoid Flash at all costs.
>>
I'm trying to enjoy the show but man does this has some of the most cringy dialogue I've heard
>>
>>78248928

No
>>
It's a comfy show. Half of the characters don't make any fucking sense, but it's a comfy show.

But to answer your question, no you don't need to.
>>
theyre both pretty bad.
>>
Arrow season 1 and 2 was some good TV. Season 3 it turned into a soap opera. People say season 4 is an improvement but it's really more of the same nonsense that happened in season 3.

Flash is good when I'm watching it live and on /co/ but it's really not a show that I might think to go back and rewatch later. CW shows are so "villain of the week" tier and the writing isn't at a high level, there's a lot of fan service on Flash that's why you'll see people call it "fun"
>>
>>78251076
There are 3001 other shows out there to mangle the concept of police work.

No harm in having just one show that focuses on the actual super shit method.
>>
>>78248928
Watch season 1/2 of arrow, then only watch 3/4th seasons Flash crossover episodes, there are only a couple of them.
>>
>>78250627
>But fuck Iris
Do what I do, skip any scene in The Flash where a woman is talking, and it's pretty good.
>>
>>78248928
Flash is a superhero show with drama
Arrow is a drama show with superheroes
>>
>>78248928
People on /co/ are just salty because they hate Felicity. Arrow is pretty good. Seasons 1 and 2 are really good, season 3 slumps a bit and season 4 has been good so far.
>>
>>78248928
You don't have to watch Arrow, but only the first half of season one and most anything involving Felicity in season three are actually bad. Season two was awesome and season four's been pretty good so far.

The only Arrow eps you absolutely need to watch are the two crossovers with Flash, which start in an episode of Flash, then continue in an episode of Arrow.
>>
File: image.jpg (13 KB, 139x203) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
13 KB, 139x203
>>78249423
>>78249423
>I'm a stingy retard who doesn't like your adjectives! I asked for an example but it doesn't count because I said so! Blah Blah Blah

God are you fucking brain damaged?
>>
>>78259878
>Stingy
>Asking for actual critique of the show instead of retarded buzzwords is being stingy
The only brainndamager one here is you
>>
>>78252241
>People say season 4 is an improvement but it's really more of the same nonsense that happened in season 3.
spoken like a shitposter who doesn't watch it
>>
>>78250952
>Asking some retard to say something other than "comicbooky" is now trolling
Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.