[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>It's an autism episode Props Arthur.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4
File: asp-1024x846.jpg (156 KB, 1024x846) Image search: [Google]
asp-1024x846.jpg
156 KB, 1024x846
>It's an autism episode

Props Arthur.
>>
File: 1440048889753.jpg (65 KB, 380x500) Image search: [Google]
1440048889753.jpg
65 KB, 380x500
>Its a George shoots up the school episode
Too Soon Arthur
>>
I was a little perturbed that that episode didn't address that there's a whole spectrum of autism and that not everyone is just a safe-space violation away from a full-on panic attack.
>>
Can /co/ explains the sudden surge in autism in the western world?
>>
>>78248148
It's the Nuggernaut!
>>
>>78248212

Recognition of a spectrum that increased the amount of affected reported, and later childbirth in women.
>>
>>78248158
Carl has Asperger's syndrome.

>>78248212
Turns out using the TV/Internet to raise your children is pretty shitty for development, on the lighter side of the scale. Also people waiting longer to have kids is suspected to be a cause, but nobody is all that sure why it's so prevalent these days.
>>
>>78248158

To be fair, I prefer the nuerotypicals grow up learning to treat me like that because I am quite sensitive and even if I don't go into a full out panic attack, I get quite uncomfortable if something isn't right and would like them to leave me alone and understand.
>>
>>78248212

There's no suden surge. It's just that the definition of autism has expanded so what used to be considered "that weirdo" now has an actual brain problem.
>>
>>78248212
There are thousands of conspiracy theories for why autistic children are supposedly more common now than ever, but I think that people like this have always existed. It's just that in olden times, they'd just be called "odd" and nobody thought there was a brain chemistry reason behind their awkward or asocial natures.
>>
>>78248349
This.
>>
>>78248212
It's less of a surge and more that the internet made people more aware that they exist. Because they're naturally anti-social, most of them just quietly got something akin to a factory job and lived out their lives without communicating enough for anyone to really notice they were "off". The internet gave them a means to communicate, so it's more obvious that they're around than it was before.
>>
File: April_9th.jpg (37 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
April_9th.jpg
37 KB, 500x375
>It's a 9/11 episode
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (19 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
19 KB, 480x360
> Swear episode
The bleeps made me kek as a kid
>>
>It's a fetish episode
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.